Bayonetta on Best Buy Shelves YMMV

Jobberwock

CAGiversary!
Just got back from the Best Buy in Aurora/Naperville, IL and they already have Bayonetta out on the shelf for both 360 and PS3. On the BB site, it still lists it as a preorder, as does gamestop and amazon etc, so I guess this can be exciting for anyone psyched to get this game.

It was most likely an inventory/shelving error where they weren't supposed to put it out until next week, but it worked out for me. Anyway, hope this helps some of you other CAGs. ENJOY!

Wait until Black Friday 2010, maybe you wil be able to get it on Amazon for $19.99 or $29.99, after all the recent deals, everyone should have enough games to hold out until then :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']one more day... can't wait to finally play Bayonetta. That and Darksiders should keep me busy until ME2 in 3 weeks :D[/QUOTE]

I am with you there! That also gives us about a month to enjoy ME2 until FFXIII hits. I'm more excited for these releases than anything late last year...

[quote name='IRHari']If I saw the PS3 version on the shelf I would take a shit on it. Seriously, its fucking embarrassing that shoddy ports like this are still coming out.[/QUOTE]

im so damn glad im not the only one who thinks so im not getting this game unless i gt it for 20 dollars +50% of coupon

ha my wal-mart had it out for sale, was going to buy it and return my gs copy that I get tomorrow since that is $5 off and no tax cuz I paid with Credit...

guy scans it and can't sell till tomorrow. oh well had to try :D then the guy yelled at a someone for putting em out.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']ha my wal-mart had it out for sale, was going to buy it and return my gs copy that I get tomorrow since that is $5 off and no tax cuz I paid with Credit...

guy scans it and can't sell till tomorrow. oh well had to try :D then the guy yelled at a someone for putting em out.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me at walmart two weeks ago :bomb:

[quote name='jer7583']lol at "looks like a PS2 game"
PS2 game

Not a PS2 game

Sorry it just annoys me when people say that about any game. No next gen title made after 2007 honestly looks anything close to what PS2/Xbox/GC were doing, unless you're specifically looking for some low budget, shovelware, no name title to compare with the absolute best of last gen. Go play your PS2 again, especially on your new HDTV.[/QUOTE]

First bayonetta screenshot is from a video, not gameplay. Second screenshot is a render, and I'm certain it's not a render for the PS3. I've been playing two PS2 games on my PS3, and they look very comparable to Bayonetta when I walked up to both of them.

When I google "bayonetta ps3 screenshot", most of the results are 640x360. There is no AA, and the game resolution looks stretched on my screen.

932295_20070312_790screen004.jpg

bayonetta-20090820062515407_640w.jpg

Comparable? Certainly, especially when you take into account the second is a screenshot from a system that can do this:

site_heavy-rain--ss-14.jpg

EDIT: I had to remove the pictures from your post, it was just...too large of a post.

Last edited by a moderator:
2010 start out nice, Bayonetta, Mass Effect 2, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy xiii, all these in 3 month. 2009 was boring and stale in comparison in videogame world.

I can't believe you are saying that Bayonetta looks like a PS2 game.
You better get some glasses................

From the IGN review:

"9.0 Graphics
Bayonetta is an extremely good-looking game, both in terms of its art design and visuals."

Yeah, it must look like a PS2 game.

Look, I BLASTED Gearbox for the shitty PS3 version of Borderlands. They did what isn't being done with Bayonetta. They kept in contact with the community, they acknowledged the problems, and the fixed the major ones pretty quickly.

I haven't heard an goddamn official statement from anyone from Platinum or Sega talking about fixing the problems.

[quote name='IRHari']If I saw the PS3 version on the shelf I would take a shit on it. Seriously, its fucking embarrassing that shoddy ports like this are still coming out.[/QUOTE]

Just got xbox version and playing. Damn it's night and day difference between the xbox version and the ps3 shit version I had to endure for the past 2 months. It feels so weird not seeing Loading when you hit pause button or Loading when you try to save. Sega should burn in hell for all eternity for such shotty ports on such an awesome game.

bread's done
Back