BB 3 Day Sale - WWE '12 $9.99 - Prototype 2 $17.99 - ME Trilogy $39.99 + More

[quote name='Masterkyo']3 days sale. Amazon will match it :) I just don't feel like pay taxes $2-$3 taxes :)[/QUOTE]

Too bad for tens of millions of us, Amazon charges taxes now.

Never played the ME games and was wanted to know is this a good pick up??? I love fallout and oblivion so would this be a good pick up or wait for to drop more???

I've never played mass effect, i'm not much of an rpg guy, do you think I would enjoy all 3 or just the last two cause they are more shooter based?

[quote name='AzGoat']Never played the ME games and was wanted to know is this a good pick up??? I love fallout and oblivion so would this be a good pick up or wait for to drop more???[/QUOTE]

depends how any games you have in your back log. but me series is an excellent so $40 for a game that just launched is pretty good. i don't see this coming down under 30 within next 3-4 months.

if you haven't played it get the ps3 version i think that comes with the most dlc(not all none of the versions come with all the dlc)

must buy$40 is a great price point for over 60-80hrs of great gameplay/story

[quote name='NeedleInTheHay']I've never played mass effect, i'm not much of an rpg guy, do you think I would enjoy all 3 or just the last two cause they are more shooter based?[/QUOTE]

i think you will enjoy them, great thing about ME series is your never have to do too much other stuff, most of the times yo are shooting things lol.

as a shooter Me2-3 are excellent and Me1 is very good

so must buy/play :)

[quote name='showtimefolks']what's the word on the new hitman game? worth $40 or wait for a price drop? also about how long is the single player story?[/QUOTE]

didn't you ask thus question on the same page? you buried your own question hehe

[quote name='showtimefolks']what's the word on the new hitman game? worth $40 or wait for a price drop? also about how long is the single player story?[/QUOTE]

absolution? I would rent it, it can be completed in less than 15 hours, story is horrid, starts out great but halfway through the game gets rid of the regular npcs and it is you with about 40-50 enemies in a linear area with disguises being useless as everyone apparently knows everyone.

[quote name='showtimefolks']i think you will enjoy them, great thing about ME series is your never have to do too much other stuff, most of the times yo are shooting things lol.

as a shooter Me2-3 are excellent and Me1 is very good

so must buy/play :)[/QUOTE]

awesome, how long would you say it takes to complete the first one?

It's troubling I can't find any reviews for Jeopardy or Wheel for Wii U.

I just picked them both up for the 360 for the old lady for $25/ea yesterday, now I'm wondering if there's any real difference to justify paying the extra $5 each.

[quote name='NeedleInTheHay']awesome, how long would you say it takes to complete the first one?[/QUOTE]If you try to do all the side-quest stuff, I'd say 40-60 hours, depending on your pace. It really is a phenomenal RPG.

If you just do the storyline missions, you could beat it in 10-15 hours, but where's the fun in that? ;)

[quote name='geohouse']dragon age 2 is 4.97 @ kmart[/QUOTE]

Is that their permanent price? As of how long ago can u verify it was this price? I considered the 9.99 until I saw your post. Assuming it's not a Christmas only deal since they're closed on Christmas lol

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Is that their permanent price? As of how long ago can u verify it was this price? I considered the 9.99 until I saw your post. Assuming it's not a Christmas only deal since they're closed on Christmas lol[/QUOTE]It's more of a clearance price that's been in effect for the past few months, so it really depends on your store and whether it enforced the reduced price. If you can find a copy, you can use a price-scanner in the store or ask an employee for a price-check on it.

Would Walmart do a pricematch for WWE 12 i need 1 for PS3 and 2 for 360, but i dont want to go to 2 different stores? which are far from each other

[quote name='NeedleInTheHay']awesome, how long would you say it takes to complete the first one?[/QUOTE]

If you take your time 25-40 hrs I say with all the side missions. Side missing are with full out story missions in a way in ME series. I really enjoys ME1 more than ME2-3

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I want the ME trilogy but not sure if I want it or far cry 3 more.[/QUOTE]

I say go with Farcry 3 it's an excellent game. The game starts with a dumb dull character who is out into tough position and by the middle part it's a badass character who is starting to question whether this life or the ne before is wrth living

I say buy it and the story is pretty long too.

ME trilogy will drop in price.

But if you haven't p,aged ME series before than I go with ME more bang for your buck.

[quote name='shady520']absolution? I would rent it, it can be completed in less than 15 hours, story is horrid, starts out great but halfway through the game gets rid of the regular npcs and it is you with about 40-50 enemies in a linear area with disguises being useless as everyone apparently knows everyone.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I want to buy it but I will wait for a price drop. 15-20hrs is good but I am interested in the contracts mode where there is endless fun.

Can't wait to by this for under $20 and download a lot of free content that community has created for free.

Thanks for your answer saved me $20

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Has anyone play Wheel of Fortune? Seems like it could be a good family game, and it would work good on the WiiU.[/QUOTE]
Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy are good games, although I have the PS3 version which I don't think is significantly different. But, for $30, eh.

[quote name='Dragon Age II $9.99/[/QUOTE']

Will there ever be a Platinum Hits of Dragon Age II?

They did it for for the first game but for some odd reason, they've never released one for the sequel.

Is WWE 12 worth it? i havent watched wwe since the late 90's but enjoyed the old N64 games. havent really played aby wrestling games since.
Too bad this isnt the one with the attitude era stuff.

[quote name='showtimefolks']I say go with Farcry 3 it's an excellent game. The game starts with a dumb dull character who is out into tough position and by the middle part it's a badass character who is starting to question whether this life or the ne before is wrth living

I say buy it and the story is pretty long too.

ME trilogy will drop in price.

But if you haven't p,aged ME series before than I go with ME more bang for your buck.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably go with far cry 3... Story line sounds like my life... Sorta.

I loved the first far cry on PC when it came out...never played the 2nd one.

far cry is worth a rent. im selling mine after i beat it tomorrow or tonight (almost done 100%).

it doesnt take long to 100% (im 20 hours in)

the thing is, sure the world is huge and hunting is great (its something to do if youre bored), but the truth is, theres no need to "explore" and "hunt" on your own time.

2 hours into the game, i realized that its a waste of time to explore and hunt on your own time, because the side quests pretty much covers the two completely.

After looking at some game play and reading some reviews i think i will like this and do you guys think this will be cheaper later on? Should I get it now and if i do should i go ps3 or 360?

[quote name='Vigilante']I own (and beat) all three MEs for :360:...so why am I tempted to get the trilogy for :ps3: at $39.99? Hmm...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Not sure but if you have $40 to blow like that send it my way in Amazon credit and save yourself another game in your backlog you'll probably never replay, lol.

Gonna give it 24 hours and hope Amazon matches ME Trilogy (on 360, they already have on PS3). Have a bunch of Amazon gift cards. If it doesn't happen I'll bite on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='giantqtipz']far cry is worth a rent. im selling mine after i beat it tomorrow or tonight (almost done 100%).

the thing is, sure the world is huge and hunting is great (its something to do if youre bored), but the truth is, theres no need to "explore" and "hunt" on your own time.

2 hours into the game, i realized that its a waste of time to explore and hunt on your own time, because the side quests pretty much covers the two completely.[/QUOTE]
How's the coop portion?

[quote name='sabin23']Will there ever be a Platinum Hits of Dragon Age II?

They did it for for the first game but for some odd reason, they've never released one for the sequel.[/QUOTE]

The second didn't sell as well and there wasn't much DLC released for it so nope

[quote name='giantqtipz']far cry is worth a rent. im selling mine after i beat it tomorrow or tonight (almost done 100%).

2 hours into the game, i realized that its a waste of time to explore and hunt on your own time, because the side quests pretty much covers the two completely.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I was going to take it out of my Gamefly GameQ and buy it instead, considering all the praise it got. But seeing this, I think I'll leave it in there.

[quote name='Masterkyo']3 days sale. Amazon will match it :) I just don't feel like pay taxes $2-$3 taxes :)[/QUOTE]so u forfeit the ability to get $10-$20 back to save $2-$3?

[quote name='Enuf']so u forfeit the ability to get $10-$20 back to save $2-$3?[/QUOTE]

There are different levels of cheapness. Not everyone price matches post-purchase.

[quote name='roundhouse']There are different levels of cheapness. Not everyone price matches post-purchase.[/QUOTE]

that's silly

[quote name='TooPoor']How's the coop portion?[/QUOTE]

the coop is fun with friends, but its nothing special. same for the multiplayer (well im a battlefield fan, so im biased haha).

the campaign however is amazing and intense (I WANT MORE OF IT). the main character grows on you and youll be rooting for him throughout his journey. unfortunately though, the intensity somewhat dies if you deviate from the story mission, but theres just so much to see outside the main story so why rush?

my advice is that you 100% the game by doing every side quest as soon as you see them, and by collecting the collectibles (think riddle trophies from arkham city, but in an island), so youll see everything that the game has to offer (locales, animals, towns, etc). immerse yourself by reading the things that are readable in the game so youll learn about the island and its people. lastly, play on the warrior difficulty (otherwise its too easy).

take your time. if you want to explore and hunt, do so, but dont take too long doing it, because the you will see the whole island if you try to get all the collectibles, and you will get all your hunting needs and materials from the hunting missions. might as well make your exploration and hunting count towards something and get rewarded for it.

on a side note, if you havent played deus ex human revolution, i highly recommend that game. i have this sudden urge to go back to deus ex for my 2nd playthrough after beating far cry 3 last night. its just as good. though deus ex is a keeper (the game is much longer)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice OP!

Lego Harry Potter 5-7 for $12. Sure I could have gotten it from Newegg for $16, but I am cheap after all. :p Now I just need to get Lego Star Wars 3, Indiana Jones 2 and Lord of the Rings and I believe that makes for all main Lego games on PS3!

[quote name='giantqtipz']the coop is fun with friends, but its nothing special. same for the multiplayer (well im a battlefield fan, so im biased haha).

the campaign however is amazing and intense (I WANT MORE OF IT). the main character grows on you and youll be rooting for him throughout his journey. unfortunately though, the intensity somewhat dies if you deviate from the story mission, but theres just so much to see outside the main story so why rush?

my advice is that you 100% the game by doing every side quest as soon as you see them, and by collecting the collectibles (think riddle trophies from arkham city, but in an island), so youll see everything that the game has to offer (locales, animals, towns, etc). immerse yourself by reading the things that are readable in the game so youll learn about the island and its people. lastly, play on the warrior difficulty (otherwise its too easy).

take your time. if you want to explore and hunt, do so, but dont take too long doing it, because the you will see the whole island if you try to get all the collectibles, and you will get all your hunting needs and materials from the hunting missions. might as well make your exploration and hunting count towards something and get rewarded for it.

on a side note, if you havent played deus ex human revolution, i highly recommend that game. i have this sudden urge to go back to deus ex for my 2nd playthrough after beating far cry 3 last night. its just as good. though deus ex is a keeper (the game is much longer)[/QUOTE]

dues ex is such a great game.

one thing maybe you will agree with me or maybe not. don't you think the first person driving is very tiresome? also the enemy AI is extremely bad.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']ME trilogy is only tempting at that price if you have nothing else to play right now. If you however do, wait and let it drop because it will.[/QUOTE]

i agree i completed all 3 already so will wait for it to get below $20 and maybe even as low is 14.99 gamefly sale lol

I was able to Price Match at Walmart. I got the last copy off WWE 12, One if the last three copies of Batman Arkham Asylum, and Prototype 2 RADNET Edition with a voucher for the first Prototype inside. Nice haul if I do say so myself. I think a bunch of people price matched Best Buy here because they were sold out of most of the games on the list except Prototype 2 which they had like 20 copies left over.

Don't forget to tell Amazon about these prices using their feedback system. By doing so, it will be more likely that they will match.

Here's how you tell Amazon

1. Find the product you're looking for.

2. Scroll down to the 'product details' section (If you start reading customer reviews, you've scrolled down too far).

3. In that area you'll see options to 'update product info,' 'give feedback on images,' and 'tell us about a lower price.'

4. Click 'tell us about a lower price.

:)

[quote name='therealdeal19']I ordered WWE 12 for in-store pickup, I figured it's worth a play at $10 new.[/QUOTE]

Best in the world

[quote name='therealdeal19']I ordered WWE 12 for in-store pickup, I figured it's worth a play at $10 new.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it and got many hours out of it fooling around with Universe mode. I liken it (IMO) to Here Comes the Pain and Shut Your Mouth. I know I got more than 100+ hours of gameplay out of season mode with SYM and that was on PS2!

WWE '13 isn't too bad either.

bread's done
Back