BB RZ Deals 02/22/09 - 02/28/09: Mercs 2 $9.99 / RB2 $39.99 (both 360)

I can't believe they would even order 40+ copies of a game outside of something like GTA or Halo. They must have expected Mercs 2 to be a big-time seller, but I'm not really sure why.

[quote name='sunnysky']Did they ever come out with the Obama/Palin character DLC's??[/QUOTE]

they are in the Blow It Up Again DLC

edit: did pick up a copy earlier. No one working knew about the deal, should have seen the employees run back there as fast as they could after I bought my copy

Got Mercs 2. For a game that new, even with mixed reviews I will give it a run for $10. $10 doesn't buy you much else these days.

Sorry if Im asking a question everyone aside from me already knows the answer to, BUT, how do you take advantage of these reward zone deals? I just have a membership they tack on points to with my phone number(no silver or actual card)???

[quote name='dapunisure']Sorry if Im asking a question everyone aside from me already knows the answer to, BUT, how do you take advantage of these reward zone deals? I just have a membership they tack on points to with my phone number(no silver or actual card)???[/quote]
if you log in online you can print a card. once they scan you're card when you're paying for the game, the price will be changed to $9.99.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']if you log in online you can print a card. once they scan you're card when you're paying for the game, the price will be changed to $9.99.[/QUOTE]

You can also just tell them you don't have your card, and they will look it up for you with your phone number. Once they input the information, the price will drop to $9.99.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']if you log in online you can print a card. once they scan you're card when you're paying for the game, the price will be changed to $9.99.[/quote]

Thank You good sir.

[quote name='dark_zack']Do you need to print off any coupon, or just have your card with you?[/quote]

Don't even need your card, just the phone number that's attached to it.

[quote name='sacreddoctor']Wish i had a silver level card but since i don't i guess i wont be able to get in on this deal :([/QUOTE]

Its for all Members!

I'm gonna go get it after I pick up my girl. This was on my birthday wish list, so I'll go get it for myself and take it off quickly.

I picked up Mercs. 2 as well. I was in the area, so I just stopped in and got that and L&D. For $9.99 (for Mercs.), I couldn't pass it up, even if I didn't enjoy the game much when I had it out from Gamefly.

Also, for any North Jersey CAG's, the Rockaway Mall had about 4 - 7 copies left of Mercs. 2.

So has Mercenaries been updated to fix all the bugs? I played the demo and thought the game was fun but it seems that my mission never ended once my helicopter exploded...

Thoughts?

[quote name='mrnivek']$10 for Merc 2, this has to be the first time I will take advantage of a Reward Zone deal![/quote]

Ditto. I signed up just for that :).

[quote name='One4Deuce']Damn, and I just bought Mercenaries 2 from Target for $15... will have to return and buy at Best Buy if I can (that'll also be good for more Reward Zone points). Thanks OP.[/quote]
I did the same thing. I just went to Best Buy, bought Mercs 2 for $10. Took that game to Target, did not have the receipt. I gave them the credit card that I used to make the purchase, and Bingo! Got my $16.02 in cash back. The only bummer is they are only allowing you to get 1 discount per sale. Last week when Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword for the DS was $10, I picked up 3 of them, and they were all discounted on a single transaction.

But like many, I was on the fence about this game, but for $10 it is a nice addition to build your library.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']if you log in online you can print a card. once they scan you're card when you're paying for the game, the price will be changed to $9.99.[/quote]
You do not need your card. I lost my card two years ago. And I give them my phone number and they just ask me to verify the name and address on the screen when it pops up and I get my points and my discount. It's as easy as that.

Man, I don't know about this.. I'd have to get the RZ account.. Then go to BB... Then go in... Then go to the back of the store to get the game.. then go back to the front... then give them my phone number... All for Mercs 2? My Backlog is like... 5,000...

[quote name='twen']Or you could just go into the store, buy the game, and usually they ask you 'Do you have a RZ card?' if you say no, they give you the sales pitch (sales pitch for a free item, lol).[/quote]In theory, that should work, though it may not apply the RZ number to that transaction, which wouldn't give you the discount on Mercs 2.

Doing it from the website and getting the printable temp card in advance would work easier. Assuming someone has a printer or access to a printer, that is.

LOL, will no one try to ring up a PS3 copy to see if it just magically glitches to $10 too? I'm too lazy to run down there and give it a try. Gotta head to Circuit City at lunch and score a Resistance 2 Collector's Edition

[quote name='karkyco']LOL, will no one try to ring up a PS3 copy to see if it just magically glitches to $10 too? I'm too lazy to run down there and give it a try. Gotta head to Circuit City at lunch and score a Resistance 2 Collector's Edition[/quote]Want some cheese for that whine? :lol:

If I can make it to BB sometime in the next day or so, I'll check it just for you. Assuming no one beats me to it in the meantime.

Got a copy of mercenaries...Though I didnt notice that the box had a tiny slice in the spine probably form a box cutter when they were opening up the boxes.

bread's done
Back