Be Mine Indie Game Bundle (PayWhatYouWant, 5 games + music + xtras)

I was about to buy this bundle this morning, but after seeing all the billing problems people were having I decided to wait a while. I guess the bundle people felt the same way, kind of disappointing but understandable.

As for the games, they all look pretty solid, but Wasteland Angel looks awful to me. That and Xotic I might not even redeem.

Everything is working fine now, bought it just a couple minutes ago and yay! I am in the top donations. Its not hard to do when $5.00 donation is on the top donors list.

[quote name='Kaltic']Everything is working fine now, bought it just a couple minutes ago and yay! I am in the top donations. Its not hard to do when $5.00 donation is on the top donors list.[/QUOTE]

Unable to buy... only see the status page when I go to the groupees website. Is there a direct link?

[quote name='Kaltic']Everything is working fine now, bought it just a couple minutes ago and yay! I am in the top donations. Its not hard to do when $5.00 donation is on the top donors list.[/QUOTE]

Odd, considering the landing page says it will be available 9AM Pacific time -- which is 3 hours away.

"We apologize that you are getting this screen. The site is up and processing orders but only so many can be handled simultaneously. We are working very hard to support the overwhelming interest in this bundle. The sale runs for two weeks. Thank you for your patience and support!"

They seem to have updated and are throttling traffic.

I was able to log into my account earlier and retrieve my keys also so anyone who got billed but didnt get keys yesterday can be rest assured.

Dang it. I thought I'd try again, and there's a new message:

"We are working to transition to our new server schema to support the overwhelming interest in this bundle. Please check back soon."

Like Yanksfan, I'm in no rush when a bundle like this comes along.

[quote name='louiedog']Groupees
#MAKEW8HAPPEN[/QUOTE]
Keep up the good work, Mr. Dog; You just made my day.

[quote name='Mooby']Why do I get the feeling they'll run out of keys~[/QUOTE]

That has occurred to me as well. If they haven't anticipated the rush of traffic that they've received, do we think that they've got enough keys to cover all the orders that they end up with?

Probably wont be an issue for a day or two, but i wouldn't wait until day 10 of this bundle if you're planning to buy.

Well, I guess the only time this will be purchasable is some random time well in advance of their stated launch times -- I'll try back at 2 AM tonight.

[quote name='inm8num2']Hahah overloaded again.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I'm about ready to give up on this one. They just can't get their act together.

They actually make Indie Gala look organized and efficient. :p

[quote name='Motoki'][Indie Royale's] first bundle had no pre-orders and got slammed exactly like this one did.[/QUOTE]
The first Indie Royale bundle went fine, since purchases were gradual as word of the bundle spread.

It was actually Indie Royale's second bundle that got really slammed. It was because they had a countdown clock to when the 2nd bundle would launch, and at the time they had a fixed every-two-weeks schedule. They made changes so that the start of the next bundle wasn't as predictable, and implemented pre-orders to help reduce the upfront demand.

[quote name='Rosterking']Would give my Dragon Age 2 Origin Key for this bundle. PM me if interested.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just buy a bundle yourself and save the key for future trade fodder? If you don't mind low balling them, you can get the bundle for as little as $1. Once they're finally up and running, that is.

P.S.
Your sig made me chuckle R.I.P. Bob Ross.

Yeah, same here. Two days of rushing to my computer to grab it, but the site is down twice. Was it even put up today?

[quote name='lydon']Yeah, same here. Two days of rushing to my computer to grab it, but the site is down twice. Was it even put up today?[/QUOTE]

Briefly - but it wasn't more than about 15 minutes of stable uptime.

A solid goodwill move would be for Groupees to go ahead and unlock their first goal/incentive (Xotic DLCs and Nikopol) immediately (when they re-re-launch) and move up the second unlock to $25K. I'm not sure if they'll consider it, but it might improve customer relations some.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='^SANDMAN^']At the rate this bundle is moving, they are going to have to re-name it the St. Patty's day bundle! :lol:[/QUOTE]

We're sorry, we expect to have the St. Patty's Day re-re-re-re-re-re-relaunch to be up within 24-48 hours. We got far too hammered and someone threw the server boxes out of the window.

In all seriousness, I know I can wait. Just another chance to give some cash to a charitable bundle and hopefully get some interesting games. I have a feeling though that a lot of the people that are filled with rage over this would probably end up paying the min in a heartbeat even if the launch was flawless (not necessarily pointing fingers at anyone before I have to put on the flame suit).

[quote name='^SANDMAN^']How about re-naming it the indie fumble bundle :lol:[/QUOTE]
And instead of "pay what you want" it's "pay if you can".

I wonder how many people have been trying to buy this. I don't think it would be more than 100,000. Shouldn't their servers be able to handle that? Or were they running the site off of a linux pc in someone's parent's basement?

And I am personally raging that I can't buy these games and add them to my list of steam games so I can smugly scroll up and down the list like I do every day. In fact, I spend more time reading my Library list than I do actually playing any of the games.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
And I am personally raging that I can't buy these games and add them to my list of steam games so I can smugly scroll up and down the list like I do every day. In fact, I spend more time reading my Library list than I do actually playing any of the games.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, +1

I like it. It's like a treasure hunt where you PST'ers finally get screwed by the time zone difference while us EST'ers sneak in at 8 AM and get the goods, snickering as we then add the steam keys to our Steam accounts and scroll through our increasingly large lists of games, petting the computer screen and whispering, "My preciouses... my preciouses..."

Oooor... is that just me? Yah, I glanced on CAG this morning and there were people saying they'd bought in. So I checked and even though I thought it was supposed to start up later in the day, it was already active. Bought my keys, input my keys, profited.

I suppose if people keep having trouble getting in, it'll get to be like a who's who of CAG'ers. Those who are committed to the CAG state versus those that just lack that certain somethin'-somethin' that lets someone transcend the Slickdeals/Fatwallet precursor state into true enCAGment.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']And I am personally raging that I can't buy these games and add them to my list of steam games so I can smugly scroll up and down the list like I do every day. In fact, I spend more time reading my Library list than I do actually playing any of the games.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, me too. Wanna know why? Because it can be slightly overwhelming when you have too much to play.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Yeah, me too. Wanna know why? Because it can be slightly overwhelming when you have too much to play.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know that exact feeling. Scrolling up and down thinking hmmm, I'm in the mood for a fps or casual game... and then trying to decide which one to try... and then finally either just playing something off steam or going back to the usuals...lol...Nation Red for casual... Killing floor for FPS...lol.

In fact, I bought The Ball in 2010 I think at 4.99 thinking it was a steal of a deal at the time... and I have played it maybe 2-3 times...lol.. should have just waited it out and gotten it for cheaper if this bundle ever reincarnates itself.

You know... the video linked in the OP only has 23,000 views. How many people could possibly be hitting their server? I'm beginning to think these guys really don't have their act together. As long as they have a decent host (and for goodness sake I hope they are paying someone and not hosting it a basement somewhere), they should have been able to free up some bandwidth by now.

[quote name='bVork']These incompetent boobs are now planning on relaunching the bundle on Friday: http://twitter.com/#!/Groupees1/status/169968222995628032

What are the odds it'll die again?[/QUOTE]

Head-desk-11.jpg

Well, I'm happy there's news on the subject, since the bundle's page no longer loads.

I can wait a few more days, but I don't think the other CAG's on this thread can.

I checked there site at 9 am this morning when it was "supposed" to be up and nothing been checking through out the day makes me think they have a server running Windows Me in someones basement with a dial-up connection.

I have to get on a plane in 12 hours. I was really hoping to download and try one or two of these out during my flight. Oh well.

:lol:

About 3 hours ago, their page was showing the countdown-timer again with 2 hours to go, but when I refreshed later they had the message up about the later-this-week relaunch. Curses!

Sucks. I'd actually play most of these right now rather than putting them on a backlog... since my backlog is pretty much gone.

Looking forward to this one as well, mainly for The Ball and Xotic.

Sucks that they keep pushing the date back though...oh well, at least I won't have to worry about slacking off if it comes out on Friday :D

I'm quite enjoying all of this.

The thrill of the chase > capturing the prize. It'll all be such a letdown when we finally get that "Congratulations on your purchase!" email...

*sob*

bread's done
Back