Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
You missed the Walmart glitch, that was epic.

attachicon.gif
Capture16.PNG
how long ago was this walmart glitch? pretty good

No, I know the RC is 14 days after.  Its the DLC, DLC usually arrives before I even receive the game usually.  I don't normally come into this thread, I mainly stick in the CE one.  My question made more sense here than there though.  So I had to leave the safety of arguments about dinged boxes.  

No, I know the RC is 14 days after. Its the DLC, DLC usually arrives before I even receive the game usually. I don't normally come into this thread, I mainly stick in the CE one. My question made more sense here than there though. So I had to leave the safety of arguments about dinged boxes.
Sorry, didn't read the question. But I got my code 13 minutes after the pickup email.

Yes the Walmart Glitch, was kind of a pain. I'm Elite Plus, and called BB 8 times that day and was told I couldn't Price Match, due to it being a preorder. I was able to preorder Uncharted 4 when Amazon matched the price though. So I guess it wasn't too bad.

Would really like to get the CE for MGS5, but I want to get it from BB. Maybe we'll end up getting a Cert with that game. Hopefully like last year, after E3, they'll add some new games to this promo.

I was referring tot he versatility pack, I ordered the ps4.  Yeah they normally come right away, this didn't. I'll have to email them.  

did you pick up in store from web order, ship to home, or just pick up in store from in store preorder?  If its web order it should have been emailed within an hour of pickup.  if its ship to home it was sent at midnight on release day (yesterday), I got mine that way.  if it was in store store pre-order ($5 down) then it should have printed on your receipt.

Its only 3 extra battlepacks and some crappy zebra looking armor skin anyways.

did you pick up in store from web order, ship to home, or just pick up in store from in store preorder? If its web order it should have been emailed within an hour of pickup. if its ship to home it was sent at midnight on release day (yesterday), I got mine that way. if it was in store store pre-order ($5 down) then it should have printed on your receipt.

Did you get the extra battlepacks code inside the game? I received the email and the code inside the game.

did you pick up in store from web order, ship to home, or just pick up in store from in store preorder? If its web order it should have been emailed within an hour of pickup. if its ship to home it was sent at midnight on release day (yesterday), I got mine that way. if it was in store store pre-order ($5 down) then it should have printed on your receipt.

No web order and shipping. Thats why I wanted to inquire about it. It has always been, I wake up in the morning and the code is in my email, than the I have it all ready to go once it gets to my house. I messaged them. I'll see what they say.

So I pre ordered battlefield hardline the night before the release and put $5 down. Paid it off the next day, took paid $45 and got the pre order code. On the site it shows that 94 points are pending. 47 points for gamers club bonus and 47 points for purchase. Does that get updated a few days later because I really hope I get that $10 cert

I don't really like first person shooters, but I'm really enjoying the campaign in hardline. Hopefully I can wrap it up before Saturday, but if not I'll probably still trade it in anyway. Got lots of type-0 to play.

I pre-ordered hard line last minute on Monday. I didn't plan on getting this game originally, but then I figured I may as well get the most use out of the GCU. I've only played a bit of singleplayer, but it seems pretty good. My PS4 version had the code with those battle packs included as a printed pamphlet in the case.

Edit: I think I got confused about the included pamphlet being the pre-order bonus. It looks like that may just be included with the game in general. They must e-mail the pre-order code stuff at some point, I haven't received that e-mail yet.

Anyone having issues with receiving the preorder DLC. Goto the BB Unboxed Forums and someone there will be able to help you. You will need your Oder number from the website or receipt from the store. I've only had to do this once but I received my code within 12 hours. There should be a thread there about who to contact with your information.

Edit: here's a link to the thread with info.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Game-Codes-Read-Me-First/td-p/864303

I did the contact us thing on the site and put my order number and what was going on.  Just asking if they could send me a code.  They called my phone at 12 AM, but only let it ring twice.  I called back but it was the generic customer service number, and obviously they didnt even let it go to voicemail.  I than got an email from them with the code, than a second email from customer care apologizing about the inconvenience and that they were sending me a 10 dollar GC for my trouble.  Would of just been happy with the code.  I think the GC was because she realized she called me at 12 AM.  

I did the contact us thing on the site and put my order number and what was going on. Just asking if they could send me a code. They called my phone at 12 AM, but only let it ring twice. I called back but it was the generic customer service number, and obviously they didnt even let it go to voicemail. I than got an email from them with the code, than a second email from customer care apologizing about the inconvenience and that they were sending me a 10 dollar GC for my trouble. Would of just been happy with the code. I think the GC was because she realized she called me at 12 AM.
Use that $10 gc and ask again for the code and give them proof of purchase

Its unlikely MGS will get a $10 reward cert since the PS3/360 version is $10 cheaper and it will cause a lot of customer confusion if only ps4/xbone version get the $10 preorder cert.

Wow, I already got my points deposited for BFH. Like others have stated, it's definitely worth it to pre-order online vs in-store. The only thing that sucks is having to pay in full when using a gift card at time of pre-order.

Ordering in-store vs online shipping [both 2 weeks in advance]:

~3 days vs 1 day for the 500 pts to show pending

15 days vs 3 or 4 days for the 500 pts to show as usable

Receive DLC on receipt when you pick up vs ~13 minutes into the day of release via email.

Plus for BFH (and certain other titles) you get free next day air (delivery before 3 PM on release date) as a free member.

I think the reason for the expedited points is that the orders are handled/processed differently. In-store you have a pre-order transaction when you pre-order and then a sale transaction on the day you pick it up. Everything following that in regards to points is based on that day you picked it up.

For online, I don't think it even showed any transaction when I pre-ordered it. It then retroactively added a sale transaction once it got near the release day (~5 days before) when it went from payment confirmed to processing. It backdates the entire transaction to when you pre-ordered so there's never a "pre-order transaction" but just a sale transaction. 

So basically the sale transaction is when you pre-ordered online vs the day you pick up your in-store pre-order. I'd guess that's why you get the points much quicker. 

Online pre-order for store pick up and not using a gift card to completely pay for the transaction (as opposed to a pending CC charge) at time of online pre-order might lead to different results.

yeah I got my 500 pts for BFH already too.  Unfortunately online order for instore pickup isn't as good, it takes 10-15 days from pickup time to deposit points, at least for the few things I have done that way.  

The only upside of doing in store preorder is being able to use a movers coupon, but from here on out I'm just sticking with online preorder with shipping since it saves me time and gas, I get the 500 bonus points within 2-3 days of delivery, every single game (except Majora's Mask) has come on release day for me, and as you said you always get the preorder codes easy.  The biggest (imo) downside of instore pickup is that its very common for the cashier to fuck up and not correctly deduct the $5 deposit, and their instore receipts make it really hard to catch since the deposit comes off in a weird way.

yeah I got my 500 pts for BFH already too. Unfortunately online order for instore pickup isn't as good, it takes 10-15 days from pickup time to deposit points, at least for the few things I have done that way.

The only upside of doing in store preorder is being able to use a movers coupon, but from here on out I'm just sticking with online preorder with shipping since it saves me time and gas, I get the 500 bonus points within 2-3 days of delivery, every single game (except Majora's Mask) has come on release day for me, and as you said you always get the preorder codes easy. The biggest (imo) downside of instore pickup is that its very common for the cashier to fuck up and not correctly deduct the $5 deposit, and their instore receipts make it really hard to catch since the deposit comes off in a weird way.
I ordered mine for store pickup and had the points already when I checked on Thursday.

yeah I got my 500 pts for BFH already too. Unfortunately online order for instore pickup isn't as good, it takes 10-15 days from pickup time to deposit points, at least for the few things I have done that way.

The only upside of doing in store preorder is being able to use a movers coupon, but from here on out I'm just sticking with online preorder with shipping since it saves me time and gas, I get the 500 bonus points within 2-3 days of delivery, every single game (except Majora's Mask) has come on release day for me, and as you said you always get the preorder codes easy. The biggest (imo) downside of instore pickup is that its very common for the cashier to fuck up and not correctly deduct the $5 deposit, and their instore receipts make it really hard to catch since the deposit comes off in a weird way.
There's also the inability to take advantage of things like the free Evolve season pass and BFH Premium which was possible for free for a short while on release day.

I ordered mine for store pickup and had the points already when I checked on Thursday.
Same here. However, I'll admit the last few pre-orders have taken roughly the 15 days. BF: Hardline was a nice surprise. I plan on trading it in already and buying xbox credit with the trade and gift card. Hotwire is way too fun and the wife wants to play so we'll game share the digital version.

Same here. However, I'll admit the last few pre-orders have taken roughly the 15 days. BF: Hardline was a nice surprise. I plan on trading it in already and buying xbox credit with the trade and gift card. Hotwire is way too fun and the wife wants to play so we'll game share the digital version.
im not really liking BF:HL myself but seeing your post if you like it why are you going to trade it??

because discs suck when you have kids and stuff around, if you like the game enough its really nice going digital.  thats usually my strat too, buy the physical game and if I like it a LOT i will trade it in and rebuy digital when its on sale.  GTA5, DAI, diablo 3, destiny, telltale games, TLOU, and a few others I own digital and I love switching between them without having to get up at all - fat lazy american in the house!!

im almost done with the BFH campaign (chapter 8) and i really enjoy the game but i'll trade it in next week, its the kind of game where after 30-40 hours i barely touch it anymore.  MP is really, really fun for me though if it was $20-30 digital i'd rebuy in an instant.  I expect it to be that price in the fall.

the platinum is harder than i thought to get, you need to finish the SP campaign twice (vet + hardline) and the last MP trophy takes a ton of grinding

im not really liking BF:HL myself but seeing your post if you like it why are you going to trade it??
I can either buy a second copy for the wife or trade it in and get some xbox credit and buy it on xbox live. If you have two Xbox Ones in the same household, you can game share the digital version. With EA Access discount and the current high trade in value... it's almost like trading one for two (I get that it's still one but we both get to play the digital version on our own Xbox Live accounts so long as her console is the "Home" console). This has worked great for COD, GTA V and others. She saw me having a blast with Hotwire and I really didn't think we'd play much of this - otherwise, I would have bought the digital version right away.

Wish they'd give a $10 cert for the Handsome Jack Collection.  $48 after gcu is a nice price, but may just end up going digital for convenience sake.

Wish they'd give a $10 cert for the Handsome Jack Collection. $48 after gcu is a nice price, but may just end up going digital for convenience sake.
I'm with you. Sadly, I think the move to $39 for all mouth breathers to get GCU has probably killed all the $10 pre-order incentives.

I checked last night, all ready to pre-order Handsome Jack on Best Buy, but no $10 bonus.

I'll happily wait until they drop the price.

Target has the best deal but only if you already own the Pre-Sequel, which I don't.

You can put your vote in here. Also, leave a comment. Believe it or not the ideas here tend to work if they have enough attention.
As big as this community is we have the collective power to at least make BB consider each game for the $10 preorder promotion! Hopefully more folks take the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back