Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite untrue. I have personally had policy changes for best buy compny wide by discussing things level headed with higher tier corporate employees. Yes complaining to entry tier CSR won't change anything but doing things with a level head and going through the proper channels can actually get things done.

The biggest lie companies have customers belive is that we are powerless. Stores need us more then we need them. There are more stores to buy from then ever before thanks to the internet. Stores need customers to stay in business. Customers don't need that store to get what they want. Generally speaking of course.

The relationship between company and customer needs to be symbiotic not parasitic.
I've actually had conversations with very senior executives at Best Buy and I can tell you that unless a store manager is literally violating the law, they give them a fairly wide berth. Customers are not powerless, but they are also not all powerful and there are some customers that simply aren't worth the time and aggravation to maintain. I find it somewhat funny that you're talking about not dealing with entry level CSRs when all you did is post on a Best Buy forum that is maintained by low level customer service people and you got a fairly generic response with no promise to do anything specific.

Shit yeah, had a feeling it would make it.

Really wanted the digital ultimate edition since it's never gonna leave my X1 anyway but GCU once again wins my business. Really wish MS would implement something similar for pre-orders at least. Amazon is already doing it.
Im not sure we will ever see a 20% off discount on day 1 for digital games. Just look at some of the digital prices on old ass Xbox 360 games, one thing sony and MS and I guess game publishers havent figured out is how to make the digital pricing on these consoles similar to steam.

Im not sure we will ever see a 20% off discount on day 1 for digital games. Just look at some of the digital prices on old ass Xbox 360 games, one thing sony and MS and I guess game publishers havent figured out is how to make the digital pricing on these consoles similar to steam.
I think one of the issues is, if digital prices become to good, the gamE companys are going to upset the retail stores. And they need them to sell their hardware. This is slowly becoming untrue everyday, with more online retailers then ever. It's also sometimes easier to just purchase something online instead of in a store.

Introducing something like GCU for digital customers might help out. Say if your a Plus/Gold member, you get a 20% discount on games. They could limit it to certain windows(like maybe the first week or two). If digital games,especially were 20% cheaper during the first two weeks of release, I'd most likely purchase most if not everything digitally. GCU is actually the only thing holding me back from going all digital. Besides the fact both my son and I can both play a digital purchase. I like that I don't need to swap a disc.

I think one of the issues is, if digital prices become to good, the gamE companys are going to upset the retail stores. And they need them to sell their hardware. This is slowly becoming untrue everyday, with more online retailers then ever. It's also sometimes easier to just purchase something online instead of in a store.

Introducing something like GCU for digital customers might help out. Say if your a Plus/Gold member, you get a 20% discount on games. They could limit it to certain windows(like maybe the first week or two). If digital games,especially were 20% cheaper during the first two weeks of release, I'd most likely purchase most if not everything digitally. GCU is actually the only thing holding me back from going all digital. Besides the fact both my son and I can both play a digital purchase. I like that I don't need to swap a disc.
If I got the GCU discount on digital items, I don't think I would buy physical again. Especially when I can just create an account and add the digital game to that account via the code I get. I can then resell the account when I am done.

I agree its a tough balance to find between not under cutting retailers and still setting digital content at a good price for the consumer. My collection right now is about 20% digital games; I guess being a bit older I still prefer to have the disc; a GCU like program for digital would deft make me think about going more digital.

You would create an account for each game?
Well, major releases, yes. I still play on my main account for trophies. Basics of game sharing. Unless there were multiple smaller games. May lump 2 or 3 together then.

This way I can resell it when I'm done or get sick of it. Just make sure you leave no personal info.

I agree its a tough balance to find between not under cutting retailers and still setting digital content at a good price for the consumer. My collection right now is about 20% digital games; I guess being a bit older I still prefer to have the disc; a GCU like program for digital would deft make me think about going more digital.
Some games I'm super excited for I get digitally, or if I know my son will want to play together. Some major games I purchased digitally are Uncharted Collection, Uncharted 4, gta 5, Dying Light($20 at launch, Gamestop mistake). Not sure what you ment by a bit older, but I'm 30 and I still like to have the cases sometimes also. Uncharted 4 I bought digitally and I got the Special Edition. Physical games aren't really what they use to be though, most don't even include manuals.

About what I was saying before. Look at PC gaming, Steam is always having crazy sales, bundle sites always have games for barely nothing. All this shows on the retail side. Do stores like Walmart, Target, BB even still carry physical PC games? If so I doubt it's very many. I don't even think I seen a PC gaming section in Gamestop the last time I was there.

Back OP: Can't wait to see what gets added to this promo for later this year. Not too many confirmed games I'm looking forward to.

Here is what the "Metal Art Plate" for Overwatch looks like. It's license plate sized and stores are getting between 18 and 40 of them.

Here is what the "Metal Art Plate" for Overwatch looks like. It's license plate sized and stores are getting between 18 and 40 of them.

Captions for the bullshit ads below this picture:

Feel Free To Do Anything You Want In This MMORPG
This Game Makes Guys Forget About Their Girlfriends
This Game Will Keep You Up All Night!
You'll Forget About Your Belly Fat In 4 Weeks

Thanks for the picture Tyrok! I've been very curious about how it looks and feels. Does it feel like it's actually made out of metal?

I just noticed Best Buy charged my card twice for Overwatch. Do I need to call or is one of the charges an authorization that will be dropped? 

plate is alot bigger than I thought. I was thinking something trading card sized, this looks like it would actually be a decent display with posters/figures or on a desk or something. 

Just placed my pre order before I forgot :D

I got so much to play right now between BO1, BOIII new DLC, falout DLC, uncharted but was really impressed with the beta and have been hankering some since it ended. 

Is it me or bestbuy somehow is not giving free release day shipping for overwatch?  And would u guys do in store pick up to made sure the metal plate is not damaged?

Is it me or bestbuy somehow is not giving free release day shipping for overwatch?
you usually have to order a week in advance to get the release day delivery. i dont know what the exact cutoff day is, but i know order on a thursday or friday before release date and it wont get to you til thursday/friday of the next week.

Supposedly you can also buy the Art Plate separately for $19.99.
Yup, and for anyone cancelling their Overwatch preorder, make sure to also remove the plate. The system does not automatically remove it for you.

I cancelled a couple of weeks ago. Checked my account last week and saw the order was still open. They were going to charge me for the plate itself. So I had to cancel that, too.

hmm. Is that $35 before or after the GCU boost? If it's before then I can get $38.50 back from trading it in, plus the extra $10 gc. If I play and trade after a week or whatever I'll theoretically get $48.50 back. Plus I can keep the steelbook. That's not a bad deal for shelling out like $50.... hmmm
I hope you passed Miker, I hope you passed on it. :pray: :oops:

It's not a pretty site, might be the lowest debut ever.

I hope you passed Miker, I hope you passed on it. :pray: :oops:

It's not a pretty site, might be the lowest debut ever.
I did pass! I thought about it and figured it wasn't worth all my time and energy. From what I keep hearing and reading now it's a good thing I did. Although I haven't heard it's bad everyone I know just keeps saying it's just a standard shooter with nothing fun, unique or cool so idk. I take it you picked it up?

I did pass! I thought about it and figured it wasn't worth all my time and energy. From what I keep hearing and reading now it's a good thing I did. Although I haven't heard it's bad everyone I know just keeps saying it's just a standard shooter with nothing fun, unique or cool so idk. I take it you picked it up?
I got it but I haven't opened/played it yet. I'm not totally sure if I'm going to play it now because of the constant freezing. I can deal with a lot of shitty problems but that is a big no no. Also beating the game on the highest difficulty is currently glitched at least on :ps4:. A patch hopefully will fix that stuff.

I might trade it to GS for $35.xx and keep the steelbook. $7 for the steelbook isn't bad plus I'm pretty sure it will go on sale at BB within my 30 days to get some money back.

I'm glad you didn't get because it has a $14 tiv at BB lol.

I got it but I haven't opened/played it yet. I'm not totally sure if I'm going to play it now because of the constant freezing. I can deal with a lot of shitty problems but that is a big no no. Also beating the game on the highest difficulty is currently glitched at least on :ps4:. A patch hopefully will fix that stuff.

I might trade it to GS for $35.xx and keep the steelbook. $7 for the steelbook isn't bad plus I'm pretty sure it will go on sale at BB within my 30 days to get some money back.

I'm glad you didn't get because it has a $14 tiv at BB lol.
damn a $14 tiv for a game that new? That's nuts. I guess it really was a bust of a game. That's not a bad move if GS is giving that much for it still. Honestly the main reason I skipped was because I know I'm not going to play the game any time soon with Overwatch launching. I just really wanted the steel for when I eventually pick Homefront up for cheap but I have a feeling I made the right decision. Something tells me I won't have any problem getting the game or steelbook cheap somewhere down the line.

I'm not sure if it has been discussed yet but for those who preordered Overwatch, will BB price match Amazon and let GCU stack? Currently, Amazon has Overwatch for $49 (before prime discount.) If GCU stacks, plus $10 gift card then that's a amazing deal. My order has already shipped, I'm thinking about giving them a call; I know they will probably pricematch Amazon but not sure if GCU will remain applied to my order but very YMMV.

I'm not sure if it has been discussed yet but for those who preordered Overwatch, will BB price match Amazon and let GCU stack? Currently, Amazon has Overwatch for $49 (before prime discount.) If GCU stacks, plus $10 gift card staacks then that's a amazing deal. My order has already shipped, I'm thinking about giving them a call; I know they will probably pricematch Amazon but not sure if GCU will remain applied to my order but very YMMV.
No once you price match GCU no longer applies.

I'm not sure if it has been discussed yet but for those who preordered Overwatch, will BB price match Amazon and let GCU stack? Currently, Amazon has Overwatch for $49 (before prime discount.) If GCU stacks, plus $10 gift card then that's a amazing deal. My order has already shipped, I'm thinking about giving them a call; I know they will probably pricematch Amazon but not sure if GCU will remain applied to my order but very YMMV.
The prime discount is only taking $1 off for me making it $47 before tax.

Is there a restriction on earning the preorder certificate for something?

I'm GCU and preordered Overwatch using my Best Buy gift card I purchased during that 80 for 100 paypal deal.

Haven't seen the certificate yet. Did I need to click the link in the promo or could I have just added the game to cart (like I did)

Figured if anyone knew it'd be you guys! :)

EDIT: Oh!...the first post in this thread has changed since way back when.....I see the details now. 20 days (ish).

I'm a dolt. :)

Is there a restriction on earning the preorder certificate for something?

I'm GCU and preordered Overwatch using my Best Buy gift card I purchased during that 80 for 100 paypal deal.

Haven't seen the certificate yet. Did I need to click the link in the promo or could I have just added the game to cart (like I did)

Figured if anyone knew it'd be you guys! :)

EDIT: Oh!...the first post in this thread has changed since way back when.....I see the details now. 20 days (ish).

I'm a dolt. :)
I've gone mostly digital with my games since 2015 so this is the first time I'll get a $10 reward certificate and I was wondering the same thing about how to get it. Cool that it's automatically given, but the 20 day wait is crazy. I mean, almost a month? Really?

I've gone mostly digital with my games since 2015 so this is the first time I'll get a $10 reward certificate and I was wondering the same thing about how to get it. Cool that it's automatically given, but the 20 day wait is crazy. I mean, almost a month? Really?
Nothing crazy about it...it is so you can't use the $10 and then return the game

I decided to pull the trigger on Overwatch after realizing I didn't really like Quabtuk Break and that I'll finish it before next week. Too bad I didn't get home until 12:20 and for some unknown reason this god-forsaken games comes out on a MONDAY?! fuck you Blizzard. Now I have to wait until it's $40 at BBY on principal alone.

I decided to pull the trigger on Overwatch after realizing I didn't really like Quabtuk Break and that I'll finish it before next week. Too bad I didn't get home until 12:20 and for some unknown reason this god-forsaken games comes out on a MONDAY?! fuck you Blizzard. Now I have to wait until it's $40 at BBY on principal alone.
Not gonna lie, I'm in the same boat as you. I work shift work so figured I would pre-order this morning coming off of graveyards only to realize the fucking game releases today and not tomorrow. That's what I get for procrastinating I guess.

Buy the collectors edition on Amazon. Sell the statue, sell the artbook. The game becomes almost free.

This being a blizzard game, an overly hyped one at that, its not gonna drop in price anytime soon.

they have started to get quicker with the rewards i got my last 10 dollar one in less then a week last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back