Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just got this email.

We apologize; there was an error and we showed the wrong price for X360-Grand Theft Auto V (SKU 4056642) that you recently ordered on BestBuy.com. As a result of this error, your order for this item has been canceled.
This was for my SE and standard. But I didn't get one regarding my 2 standards. Maybe I'm in the clear?

does the Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion stack with the 360 to xb1 /ps3 to Ps4 deal

Pre-ordered gta5 and ghosts today. Figured that was the best deal I could get since I had credit. I'll pick up gta5 play the hell out of it and trade it in towards ghosts. I won't have a ps3 anymore so I'll have to get my fix during those two months. I'm going to cancel my gta5 order on Amazon though. Any suggestions for a next Gen pre-order title?

Pre-ordered gta5 and ghosts today. Figured that was the best deal I could get since I had credit. I'll pick up gta5 play the hell out of it and trade it in towards ghosts. I won't have a ps3 anymore so I'll have to get my fix during those two months. I'm going to cancel my gta5 order on Amazon though. Any suggestions for a next Gen pre-order title?
Watch Dogs? I've heard that the PS4 version might be the definitive one, but I can't confirm that.

Went to go preorder the PS4 version of assassins creed and couldn't find it in the system. Went to customer service and they said that they were sold out of preorders. I went to double check online and it looks like all stores in my area are (it says ship to store in 3 to 5 days instead of available for pick up on 11/15). What's weird is the $130 edition is still available. Is this the same story for anyone else? I'm wondering if they're online stock is screwed up for this title.

Thanks for the update! Min of 15 t-shirts per store -- guess I better get there early! :)

(Not a great looking shirt, but can't complain about a free shirt for wearing around the house.)
Good luck getting one. My best buy 90% of shirts to employees and then gives out 2 or 3 to customers.

The $10 certificate might not be as bad it seems for a few titles as I saw a signage in the store that gives a guarantee $45 value for GTA V, FIFA 14, and NBA 2k14 until 10-26. Bestbuy cut the $20 for these guarantee values it seems so they don't pay people to play games which isn't a bad alternative.

Went to go preorder the PS4 version of assassins creed and couldn't find it in the system. Went to customer service and they said that they were sold out of preorders. I went to double check online and it looks like all stores in my area are (it says ship to store in 3 to 5 days instead of available for pick up on 11/15). What's weird is the $130 edition is still available. Is this the same story for anyone else? I'm wondering if they're online stock is screwed up for this title.
Something is up with AC4 PS4. You can't even order it online anymore. Hope they fix it. Was going to go in for the stupid football haha

because it is sold out, bestbuy cut off preorders. once they meet their quota
That's what it looks like, but that seems weird. It is sold out online and in every store that I have looked at. That is the only next gen title where that is the case. But the collectors edition is still available. Surely if it is in that high a demand the CE would be sold out too.

Still not showing my rz points for Madden yet. Picked it up Saturday. Still pending on Splintercell. I'll be patient though.

just wondering, has anyone ever done one of those price protection things that some credit cards offer?  as BB PM policy is shit now, I may be willing to preorder more if I can get cc to pm.

I received the RZ points about 48hrs after picking up Splinter Cell on release day. I did not have any other points pending.

That's what it looks like, but that seems weird. It is sold out online and in every store that I have looked at. That is the only next gen title where that is the case. But the collectors edition is still available. Surely if it is in that high a demand the CE would be sold out too.
I think best buy made a mistake and have since corrected it. The CE is the one sold out right now on BestBuy.com and Amazon.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Assassin%27s+Creed+IV%3A+Black+Flag+Limited+Edition+-+PlayStation+4/1588005.p;jsessionid=BC07D00E55ECCAD10BF504A2DBA96F47.bbolsp-app01-142?id=1219056251693&skuId=1588005&st=Reward_Zone_Assassins_Creed_IV_Black_Flag&lp=3&cp=1

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Limited-Edition-PlayStation-4/dp/B00DYDOQPU/

Hmmmm, I have my Battlefield order at GameStop right now.... might move that over to something else and get BF at BB instead for the $10 

Does GTA 5 still qualify for 20$ if you are unlocked? Or is it just 10$ now? Otherwise i'll just get it at Gamestop with credit, but I would rather get it 20$ less if I could at Bestbuy.

If the $10 rz is for COD Ghosts can I preorder the 360 and X1 versions and get the $10 for each while using the $10 upgrade also?

If the $10 rz is for COD Ghosts can I preorder the 360 and X1 versions and get the $10 for each while using the $10 upgrade also?
The $10 RZ promo is only for one title, buying it on a different platform will not give you another $10.

I'm talking about the ps3 bundle now, not se or ce editions. My ps3 just starting dying and I wouldn't mind buying the bundle.
I'm pretty sure it works since I got the halo 4 limited edition console bundle last year and I received the $20 RZ cert promo. You can get a more definite answer on best buy's forum with a corporate connector. Just make a thread here.

Does GTA 5 still qualify for 20$ if you are unlocked? Or is it just 10$ now? Otherwise i'll just get it at Gamestop with credit, but I would rather get it 20$ less if I could at Bestbuy.
If you are unlocked the $20 RZ promo still works with GTA 5.

Best Buy is offering another pre-order bonus with Batman: Arkham Origins.

Exclusive Tim Drake Skin Pre-Order Bonus

Receive this in-game multiplayer Robin skin when you pre-order the game for
Xbox 360, PS3 or PC.

robinoffer.png

Well this sucks. Wii U versions aren't included in this sale, and I have FIVE of those games pre ordered for Wii U. Even so, I'm not going to switch them to PS4 because I want my gamepad integration. Oh well. I do wonder if that Batman Arkham Origins steelcase is available for Wii U pre orders though, since it says "any version"...

Well my free copy of GTAV that the "cancellation" email said was cancelled shipped :p
Seems awfully early for it to be shipping though, I might end up with it a day early by how fast BB has theirs come.

So I wasnt really thinking of buying GTAV since I dont usually buy games on release date, but now that I keep seeing everyone so stoked for it, I kinda wanna go in and preorder. Im GCU through June '14. I havnt preordered a game w/ the $20 cert since FIFA 13. I know that the promotion now is $10 for a preorder.

Just wanna double check. If I go in tomorrow to preorder a regular edition of GTAV, will I still qualify for the $20 promo? or is it only if you preordered GTAV months ago? Sorry to ask; Ive seen one person ask a similar question but noones asked what happens if you preorder in the next 5 days.

Well my free copy of GTAV that the "cancellation" email said was cancelled shipped :p
Seems awfully early for it to be shipping though, I might end up with it a day early by how fast BB has theirs come.
Nothing yet, hope I get just as lucky! :D

So I wasnt really thinking of buying GTAV since I dont usually buy games on release date, but now that I keep seeing everyone so stoked for it, I kinda wanna go in and preorder. Im GCU through June '14. I havnt preordered a game w/ the $20 cert since FIFA 13. I know that the promotion now is $10 for a preorder.

Just wanna double check. If I go in tomorrow to preorder a regular edition of GTAV, will I still qualify for the $20 promo? or is it only if you preordered GTAV months ago? Sorry to ask; Ive seen one person ask a similar question but noones asked what happens if you preorder in the next 5 days.
The games that were on the $20 promo are STILL on the $20 promo, it is being phased out, but the $10 do not "REPLACE" it, instead the new round of promo is the $10 rz cert for the games that are listed and you can be a regular RZ member to qualify. If you are GCU at time of pick up you will get the $20, same with southpark when that finally pops up.

Looking like a good sign for my free GTA! I did mine for store pickup and never got a cancellation notice. Since online orders are going through, I'm feeling optimistic. I mean the transaction is finished as far as the store employees are concerned. All they have to do is set it aside.

Looking like a good sign for my free GTA! I did mine for store pickup and never got a cancellation notice. Since online orders are going through, I'm feeling optimistic. I mean the transaction is finished as far as the store employees are concerned. All they have to do is set it aside.
While that may be true if they see a price of $0 it may set off some red flags for some managers and customer service.

Same here...! :pray:
Lol I preordered 2 special editions, one with a free gta v, and another with 2 vanilla gta v. SE for my brother and I. Then the others will sell to friends for cheap to get a squad for online, since they've all asked me for copies haha. So pumped :)

While that may be true if they see a price of $0 it may set off some red flags for some managers and customer service.
Not really, I mean I have ordered with the b2g1 with in store pick up for some games. It won't really throw up any red flags, they are merely supposed to fufill the orders they get. They don't really look at it longer than they have to, they don't even look at the GAMES at much, I ended up with a new game once instead of a used, ONCE mind you, and also had a mix up where they pulled two copies of a 360 Tomb Raider instead of one of each. So I am going to say you are safe, because they can not REFUSE your pick up because they think it is sketchy. I haven't heard anyone getting theirs "cancelled (they never actually DID cancel them just email us lol)" for in store pick up. I had placed an order for in store BEFORE the one that is getting shipped, that paid full price for 1 and got the SECOND for free, before we realized we could just get one for free. So yeah, WTF am I going to do with 4 copies of GTAV? I ordered 2 for in store for the b1g1, ordered 1 to be shipped (expected it to be cancelled) when they were free, and ordered a GTAV SE (Needed that SE x.x) for shipping from amazon XD.

Well my single non glitched order went through and shipped already. The other two still say will ship in 1-2 days. Still being hopeful though  :pray:

I've ordered over the phone before and it showed $0.00 on my acct even though I paid, no red flags when I pmd ac trilogy.

I too chose store pick up, fingers crossed I get the pick up email! I had ordered already so I'm going anyways.

O happy day o happy day. First I catch the restock of DmC from GF ($13) and now both my paid and free copies of GTA V have been shipped. Now let's see if they come through. Super excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back