Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't see this posted, but more changes are coming to MyRewardZone:

Starting September 16th:

RewardZone is being rebranded as MyBestBuy.

What is staying the same:

Still get 1 point for every $1 spent, $250 spent equals $5 Rewards certificate

Still get 5% back by using the Best Buy credit card.

Current RZ members still keep all points and certificates.

What is changing:

3 tiers: Standard, Elite, Elite Plus

Standard gets free shipping with $25 minimum, no option to bank points, standard 15 day return

Elite gets free shipping with no minimum, point banking, 30 day return policy

Elite Plus gets free expedited shipping, point banking, 45 day return policy

Standard is free to join, Elite must spend $1500 in a calendar year, Elite Plus must spend $3500 in a calendar year.

No word on what this means for current Premier Silver members who have 60 days to return and also get one free Geek Squad inspection per year. More info will be released on September 16th.

What is changing:

Standard gets free shipping with $25 minimum, no option to bank points, standard 15 day return
Is point banking where your points carry over even after the 12 month period? What's the cutoff time for that 12 month period? The anniversary of when we first signed up? January 1st of each year? ...?

Edit: According to RZ FAQ, points expire after 12 straight months of no activity. So as long as we do something every 12 months, we keep the points? Seems easy enough to do...

Starting September 16th:

What is changing:

Standard is free to join, Elite must spend $1500 in a calendar year, Elite Plus must spend $3500 in a calendar year.

No word on what this means for current Premier Silver members who have 60 days to return and also get one free Geek Squad inspection per year. More info will be released on September 16th.
So um, essentially NOTHING is changing for me... I already am pretty much at the $1500 point with the trade ins I did this week. Nice to know that they won't be taking away free shipping from me!

So um, essentially NOTHING is changing for me... I already am pretty much at the $1500 point with the trade ins I did this week. Nice to know that they won't be taking away free shipping from me!
Well instead of free expedited it's free standard shipping, and 30 day instead of 60 day return policy. Still not too bad I guess, especially since "Elite" is easier to obtain than PZ was.

man so now, it is like similar to shopping with amazon,  with $25 minimum to qualify for free shipping, def not a good sign

Starting September 16th:

What is changing:

The $25 requirment for free shipping is already in effect on the best buy website. I thought it was kind of weird when I saw that earlier.

Damn no more 60 days return and I need to spend $1000 more to get free expedited shipping...

Is the base for Madden $45, or is that just a promo thing? Wondering if I should trade it with my PlayCation thing to GS for about $42 and put that toward the Xbox One or Wii U or if I should take more from BB when I go to pick up GTA V and hope that my Amazon order for an Xbox One gets upgraded to Day One. Even if the base isn't $45 at BB it still has to be around $20 base, right? So that would be like $47 for it after promotions. Anyone tried it yet?

still waiting for my Madden credit, doesn't look like i'll get it before GTA, but hopefully before Fifa so i can use the credit. If not, i think i'll have a hefty stack when COD comes around

Is the base for Madden $45, or is that just a promo thing? Wondering if I should trade it with my PlayCation thing to GS for about $42 and put that toward the Xbox One or Wii U or if I should take more from BB when I go to pick up GTA V and hope that my Amazon order for an Xbox One gets upgraded to Day One. Even if the base isn't $45 at BB it still has to be around $20 base, right? So that would be like $47 for it after promotions. Anyone tried it yet?
As of right now, the base is indeed $45. If you're a GCU, it would then be $49.50 after the extra 10%.

That is crazy, does that mean if they do a 100% it would be $90? Would BB overlook that? Thanks for the info, guys! Might be worth trading it there and trying to shift credit to GS or something.

That is crazy, does that mean if they do a 100% it would be $90? Would BB overlook that? Thanks for the info, guys! Might be worth trading it there and trying to shift credit to GS or something.
100% does not apply to this $45 TIV. Only the 10% GCU does.

They usually tank the values before they have a 100%. So you're never gonna get 90%.

Well my free copy of GTAV that the "cancellation" email said was cancelled shipped :p
Seems awfully early for it to be shipping though, I might end up with it a day early by how fast BB has theirs come.
Huh, this happened to me as well, get cancelled a while back and shipped out yesterday already, pretty cool and unexpected haha

I think point banking just let's you keep points when it goes over 1000.

You're not required to redeem RZ certificates at 1,000 points as you said but RZ points also reset every calendar year for any points that have not already been redeemed (i.e. 249 points would expire at year's end). The reset happened in February since they used to wait 30 days for points to clear (for Dec. purchases to post).

The change has some good and some bad. A little easier for people to attain Elite status for points banking and the return period being increased to 30 days. Bad in that online purchases for most people will be like Amazon and require $25 of purchases for free standard shipping. Maybe it's my location out in the West Coast but I always thought BB standard shipping was a little faster than Amazon's anyway. Elite Plus is going to be tough to attain but hopefully Silver members get grandfathered into the Elite Plus program. Only the hardcore spenders will earn that but even they get screwed with a shorter return period (45 days).

I miss the old PM policy more than anything :(

Well... this sucks for me then. I already hit the $3500 to be eligible for Elite Plus for next year but damn, 15 less days for the return is gonna blow.

Remains to be seen if I will retain that membership the year after too.... $3500 is pretty steep.

Batman: Arkham Origins Exclusive Maps and Skins

Pre-order now to play as Deathstroke. Bonus includes two additional challenge maps and two Deathstroke skins. While supplies last.

fo_batmansteelbook0811.gif

Pre-Order Batman: Arkham Origins and receive a collectible case for free.

*Online Pre-orders Only*

When you add a version of the game to your cart, a collectible SteelBook case will be added automatically.

Exclusive Tim Drake Skin Pre-Order Bonus
Receive this in-game multiplayer Robin skin when you pre-order the game for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. Download code will be sent on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. While supplies last.
I did a search and couldn't find anything, so I apologize if this is already known: Best Buy has newer pre-order cards in-store that mention the (previously online only) SteelBook cases, the Tim Drake Bonus, playable Deathstroke, and the challenge maps - they also added UPC's for pre-ordering the CE as well. I would kind of assume people who already pre-ordered in-store still get the Steelbook's, even though the older cards don't mention it. These newer cards can be found on the new display stand-up that also has the new Dark Knight Returns deluxe edition Blu-Ray/DVD that was released this week.

I did a search and couldn't find anything, so I apologize if this is already known: Best Buy has newer pre-order cards in-store that mention the (previously online only) SteelBook cases, the Tim Drake Bonus, playable Deathstroke, and the challenge maps - they also added UPC's for pre-ordering the CE as well. I would kind of assume people who already pre-ordered in-store still get the Steelbook's, even though the older cards don't mention it. These newer cards can be found on the new display stand-up that also has the new Dark Knight Returns deluxe edition Blu-Ray/DVD that was released this week.
yeah you are right,

from one of the mods from bestbuy

UPDATE (9/11/13-12:14pm): I was just informed that in-store preorders for the game should be getting the steelbook as well.

Has anyone figured out a fix for the BestBuy gift card error? Have not been able to order for about 3 weeks so far and have 1k++ in gift cards..

Thanks for the update. I removed the "Only online pre-orders" part from the OP.

My GTA V $20 RZ points are already pending.

This. On my free copy no less. Pretty awesome.
I didn't get in on the glitch, I just ordered gta v on Aug 26 and I am gamer unlocked. Where are you guys seeing this? Is are you seeing this in you purchase history at myrewardzone.bestbuy.com or somewhere else? The weird thing for me is that my pre-order shows up in my bestbuy.com account with "order validated" but the game is not even listed in myrewardzone.bestbuy.com account? Did this happen to anyone else?

Thanks. I wonder if I should cancel that order and re-order it in the hopes that the purchase will finally show up in my rewardzone account. Unless it shows up there, I'm not gonna receive the $20 rw cert.

This. On my free copy no less. Pretty awesome.
Same here :)

Thanks. I wonder if I should cancel that order and re-order it in the hopes that the purchase will finally show up in my rewardzone account. Unless it shows up there, I'm not gonna receive the $20 rw cert.
Don't do that... if it DOESN'T show up, than just talk to one of the reps on the forum and they will adjust your points. It is better to not try and mess around with things now. Things have a tendancy to pop up after a while, and if anything DOES go wrong, they can be fixed by a message on the forums. Stick with your preorder now, enjoy the game, and worst case your cert MIGHT be delayed a few days but if it doesn't pop up, than it will be fixed.

I'm starting to worry...my single "free" copy hasn't shipped yet, though the order is still "in process". From what I can see, the only different thing about my order is that I chose expedited shipping--I figured that that would ship before orders with standard shipping. :whistle2:k

wow, i can't believe bestbuy actually shipped all my copies of gta v i got through the glitch. I am lost of words, they will not doubt hurt their gaming dep badly, giving so much free copies of gta v. I almost feel bad, if they actually shipped it to me. i will miss you bestbuy, when your company files for bankruptcy.

Thanks for the update, going to preorder this now since I collect Steelbooks and doing it store means just $5 down. I never liked the rolling/pending charges on my card for doing it online.

I believe the answer to this question was posted in the previous iteration of this forum but I couldn't find it; what needs to be done if I preordered GTA V at one store, but will pick it up at another store? Do I just buy the game without showing store number two the preorder receipt or will they accept it?

Sorry if this was already posted / answered.

I pre-ordered Madden 25 on PS4. Will I get the $10 reward zone points or was that only good towards the initial 360/PS3 version release? (I didn't buy it yet, waiting on the PS4 version). 

I believe the answer to this question was posted in the previous iteration of this forum but I couldn't find it; what needs to be done if I preordered GTA V at one store, but will pick it up at another store? Do I just buy the game without showing store number two the preorder receipt or will they accept it?
you can only pick up your preordered game at the location you preordered it.

Got a question: I got a free copy of GTA V during the glitch period but I quickly placed my order so I have it set for in-store pickup instead of shipping. Do you guys think I'd be better off calling customer support to have it ship to my house or should I go to my store to pick it up? I'm not sure which option would raise the most scrutiny.

Your preorder will be at the first store, the second store will probably not accept it, and you will need to go to the one you preordered it at. Otherwise you miss out on the $20 RZ cert if you are GCU.

Got a question: I got a free copy of GTA V during the glitch period but I quickly placed my order so I have it set for in-store pickup instead of shipping. Do you guys think I'd be better off calling customer support to have it ship to my house or should I go to my store to pick it up? I'm not sure which option would raise the most scrutiny.
Stick with the in store pick up. It wouldn't be able to be shipped until monday the earliest, and the game will be a few days out by the time it arrives. Not to mention you don't really want customer support seeing "Hmm why is a single order for the game free?". There will be pretty much no "scrutiny" for your in store pick up. You go in, give them your ID, sign the pick up receipt, and your done, it is not their job for in store pick up to decide what to fulfill and what not to. At that point you could have paid $1000 or $1 and it doesn't make much difference, they are just supposed to give you the item.

I would leave it as-is. Store pick-up shouldn't care/notice the item price as items show up zeroed out when I pick up B2G1 games, etc. all the time. I'd only have CS look into/alter that order as a last resort since you really don't want to bring any extra attention to it.

I have my "free" GTAV for in store pick up as well. Of course my store isn't doing a midnight launch. I'll go in there and grab it and run. I had the Special Edition preordered but if this free one works then I'll keep it. Get my refund later.

I wouldn't worry about instore orders, if you get the email that its ready for pickup then the transaction is complete. Dont see how an employee working instore can deny you because they dont like the price you paid.

Too everyone who's gta shipped, did you use free shipping or expedited?
Free.

Thanks to everyone for responding, I'll just leave it as is and hope everything turns out fine. The employees at my local store seem cool enough but I could see them calling a manager over if they noticed I was getting it for free. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back