Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-ordered both Destiny and Watch Dogs for my PS4 yesterday

BBY sent me 2 emails about the Destiny beta which also included 2 different beta codes

So far its GameStop and GAME.co.uk that has Destiny preorder bonuses?

Go in store. Watch Dogs CE is sold out online and I still preordered in store.
Tried to preorder the Watch Dogs CE for PS3 in-store at 2 different Best Buys in VA, but it wasn't available; it WAS available for the other consoles, however.

Been checking online everyday, hoping it comes back in stock for preorder.

Tried to preorder the Watch Dogs CE for PS3 in-store at 2 different Best Buys in VA, but it wasn't available; it WAS available for the other consoles, however.

You physically went in? Shame. I also reserved it about a month ago on the X1.

Sorry to send you back in store but you could see if a store rep can locate any store even outside of your area that has one available for pre-order. If so see if they can work something out for you.
If you do find one available but the store reps aren`t sure how to assist contact the elite/elite plus reps(assuming you`re elite/elite plus) using their contact # & tell them the store info. They`ve worked magic in the past for several people I`ve sent to them in the past with similar issues. Even a local store may get extras would could be held or shipped to you.

Sorry to send you back in store but you could see if a store rep can locate any store even outside of your area that has one available for pre-order. If so see if they can work something out for you.
If you do find one available but the store reps aren`t sure how to assist contact the elite/elite plus reps(assuming you`re elite/elite plus) using their contact # & tell them the store info. They`ve worked magic in the past for several people I`ve sent to them in the past with similar issues. Even a local store may get extras would could be held or shipped to you.
You just gotta get the RIGHT people. An employee at my store was so dimwitted and lazy, he claimed "we can't reserve a game without the print-out receipt from the kiosk." Even after telling him the kiosk hasn't worked in months and I've previously ordered just using the SKU. A dude who was helping my mom with a phone straight up said, "What are the SKUs?" Gave them to him, and he reserved all 3 games, including the CE of Watch Dogs. Did it from his cell phone station.

Its all about the right people.

You just gotta get the RIGHT people. An employee at my store was so dimwitted and lazy, he claimed "we can't reserve a game without the print-out receipt from the kiosk." Even after telling him the kiosk hasn't worked in months and I've previously ordered just using the SKU. A dude who was helping my mom with a phone straight up said, "What are the SKUs?" Gave them to him, and he reserved all 3 games, including the CE of Watch Dogs. Did it from his cell phone station.
That`s so true, it`s good to have a good relationship with the good store reps they do wonders across the board. And when you really need them they wind up talking to a manager doing the convincing for you all you gotta do is nod, smile & say thank you.

Figure I'll ask here: I did an in-store preorder for the first time for Watch Dogs. How do I pick it up? Do I have to go to the customer service desk, or can I just go to a register and show my receipt, etc?

Figure I'll ask here: I did an in-store preorder for the first time for Watch Dogs. How do I pick it up? Do I have to go to the customer service desk, or can I just go to a register and show my receipt, etc?
Bring your preorder receipt to the Store Pickup desk after the game releases.

Unfortunately, the gaming sections at the two stores I visited have been drastically down-scaled over the past year, and all of the knowledgeable employees are long gone. The reps and managers I spoke to simply directed me to the preorder kiosks, stating that if a game wasn't listed, it couldn't be preordered. (Again, the Watch Dogs CE for PS4, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 WERE available for preorder in both stores; only the PS3 version was unavailable; this was about a week ago.)

With that being said, I am traveling over the weekend and will be able to check a few more stores; will try some of the suggested tips.

That`s so true, it`s good to have a good relationship with the good store reps they do wonders across the boar. And when you really need them they wind up talking to a manager doing the convincing for you all you gotta do is nod, smile & say thank you.
Agree 100%. There's a csr I go to regularly and now that she recognizes me since I always go to her for trade ins the process is so easy and flows. She also lets me combine my gift cards without question.

Just put my order in for Wolfenstein, Dying Light, and WatchDogs. 

I'll sell my Wolfenstein just so I can get the $20 cert.

Agree 100%. There's a csr I go to regularly and now that she recognizes me since I always go to her for trade ins the process is so easy and flows. She also lets me combine my gift cards without question.
Fillout the feedback sections on receipts when she helps you I believe this helps both the rep & store. Plus it may also affect her pay raises too they won`t forget you if you help their wallet too.
I got in good with reps I never talked to b/c other reps said I always had my $hit together, always had my receipts, proof of price match already pulled up& never made a fuss. They go the extra mile if you make their day easier plus if you follow after @sshole customers they really appreciate you being prepared & not yelling at them.
Nothing funnier than seeing upset customer trying to return something used with no receipt, didn`t use their rz & they want cash back for entire amount paid...just take their word for it lol. I seen people try this with tvs, cell phones, tablets...then I come up with a YMMV pm they`re like at least you got the ad from the other store/site & if we didn`t do you wouldn`t curse at us.

Best Buy has added Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare to the $10 reward certificate pre-order promotion. (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and PC)

Best Buy has added Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare to the $10 reward certificate pre-order promotion. (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and PC)
Thanks. May buy this for the campaign. Looks interesting. No comment on multiplayer til I see more. Though my online fix may be obsessed with Destiny...

Visited two Best Buy stores in Northern VA today--the Watch Dogs CE for ALL platforms is no longer available for preorder in-store, at least in my area. Checked via preorder kiosk, confirmed by a manager.

No shock there I don`t think COD has been excluded from a BB promo for a few yrs. I remember the MW2 one was pretty good don`t remember prior to that but I think Circuit City was still around back then too.

Also the kiosk is listing madden 15 will be $10 in points. Not updated on the website however.
Wow. That would be icing on the cake for those who pre-ordered it during the..., um, deal a few days ago.

I can't remember, are EA published titles typically a part of these promos?  Just wondering what the odds are of them adding Dragon Age: Inquisition.  

[quote name="Vigilante" post="11736887" timestamp="1399319979"]And a punch to the gut for those who missed out. :bomb:[/quote]

Damn. What deal.did I miss out on

[quote name="dreamer131313" post="11737130" timestamp="1399326904"]50% off preorders on xbox 360 and ps3 glitch[/quote]

Oh.ok. I got in on that..thought I missed a madden 15 pre order deal or something

I can't remember, are EA published titles typically a part of these promos? Just wondering what the odds are of them adding Dragon Age: Inquisition.
Pretty much most of their sports titles are always there along with shooters, Dragon Age titles haven`t been apart of the pre-order deals but there will be a big ideax thread dedicated to additional games after E3. That way BB has a baseline of feedback.

Also, after a few years of complaining looks like PC gamers will be included going forward.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Update-to-the-My-Best-Buy-quot-Get-10-quot-Pre-Order-Offer/td-p/808492?device-view=desktop

[quote name="kelo360" post="11737146" timestamp="1399327436"]No I was just my NorCal best buy had madden 15 with a $10 credit on their kiosk. Not updated on their website yet.[/quote] cool. No sense pre ordering so early though. There was a lot of good deals last year for madden 25. Remember those shick and trade up next gen deals? I guess we prob might not get those this year.

Heck BB had that guaranteed $45 trade in for madden.

cool. No sense pre ordering so early though. There was a lot of good deals last year for madden 25. Remember those shick and trade up next gen deals? I guess we prob might not get those this year.Heck BB had that guaranteed $45 trade in for madden.
could be a kindle special offer to amazon had madden 25 $5 last November in the first week of November

Also keep in mind Amazon is selling a standard edition right now. That may mean they will offer a special edition with NFL Sunday Ticket included like last year.

Wolfenstein is a no brainer, you can play it keep the beta and make $ flipping it back in. I'd buy it even if I didn't wanna play it or Doom. Ditto that on Mario Kart although I am HYPED for that game. 

I didn't take part in the pre-order glitches hope you guys don't get them cancelled. I did hammer the same day in store pick-ups and came back and did another round the next day. Getting lots of Amazon and Walmart orders received credits and updates today. Wish I'd kept some for the 70% GS bump but oh well. Still profitable and nice trading towards half price groceries. :)

Wolfenstein is a no brainer, you can play it keep the beta and make $ flipping it back in. I'd buy it even if I didn't wanna play it or Doom. Ditto that on Mario Kart although I am HYPED for that game.

I was originally planning to do that -- play it then trade it right back in -- but I just found out that the 360 version comes on 4 discs!!!! Unless they're all graphic assets, there's no way I can finish a 4 disc game in one day.

I was originally planning to do that -- play it then trade it right back in -- but I just found out that the 360 version comes on 4 discs!!!! Unless they're all graphic assets, there's no way I can finish a 4 disc game in one day.
PS4 version all the way, baby. :twoguns:

WTF????????????

LOL, yea I got the PS4 version. 4 discs?????? Even GTA V was just 2 discs......

PlayStation 4

• Hard Drive Requirements: ~47 GB total install
  • Voice Commands optional
Xbox One

• Hard Drive requirements: ~47 GB total install
  • Kinect support for Voice Commands (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish only)
Xbox 360

• Hard Drive requirements: 8 GB minimum
  • Game includes 4 discs, including the first disc that is a mandatory installation disc.
PlayStation 3

• Hard Drive requirements for disc play: 8 GB HDD space
  • Hard Drive requirements for PSN download: 17 GB HDD space

lol

i guess i am the only guy here who is not into doom. i doubt i will be getting the game for the doom beta.
I wasnt sure about getting the game before. But the DOOM beta and huge discount/coupon return from Best Buy adds a great kicker making it worthwhile.

Elder scrolls has been delayed for approximately 6 months :/ I was planning to get it on best buy with GCU.
Yup, now its completely fallen off my radar. .... Shoulda come out in the late June, during the annual summer drought. Woulda made it easier to overlook the subscription fee (*cough* pay for one month then stop *cough*). But late 2014 / early 2015 puts it up against some amazing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back