Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The added $10 GC on The Evil Within sold me, I used my Destiny and Madden certs on it. It looks promising from the vids I've seen.

They were considering it, but as of this month, no dice yet. You have a Bioware RPG that's going to draw only so many people compared to huge titles like Battlefield, Call of Duty, Destiny, etc...if they want to try and move units of other titles coming out, they would try to sweeten the deal. Not everyone has GCU, after all.

I don't know why I kept thinking Forza Horizon 2 was on the $10 cert listing....wishful thinking I guess?

I'm burnt out on Destiny so I guess I'll pick up Fifa as a change of pace and Hyrule Warriors is coming out Friday so...I'm not a fan of horror games but my friend wants it so I'll play a little bit as a tester then sell it to him. 

GCU is a blessing and a curse...it's been great for the new gen console but my wallet is not so happy.

Just preordered FIFA because of this, will also preorder Shadow of Mordor for next week, use both $10 certs and other gift cards to preorder GTA for NOV!!!!  LOTS OF GAMES!!!

Ah just found it, didn't see that there before, can't click on it either like the rest of the stuff in the ad. Hmmmmm, I was looking for some type of special deal area but thanks for clearing that up and thanks enuf for mentioning it!

I was actually interested in trying that out and with the GCU discount and a $10 that's a great deal.

I see that Shadow Warrior deal in the weekly ad but that portion isn't linked to anything and the $10 GC isn't adjusted when I add the two together. It also doesn't pop up in featured offers either so did they mess up on that?

Is that supposed to be referencing Shadow Warrior, not Shadow Warriors?

If so kind of weird to have it in this week's ad when it doesn't release for another month.

After going over my preorders and games I still plan on preordering, I've decided I'm goi to wait to get The Crew. After the Certs clears from 11-18, I should have about $40 Certs so that will help with that. Besides that everything I plan to get this year will be preordered and paid for.

Here's a question I don't think I've seen.. I use my Debit Card to preorder all my games, I understand it authorizes the purchase when you place the order and puts a hold on that amount. Before the game is released, do they ever release the hold on that amount? I was so confused when I looked on my bank statement and it said I had a certain amount available and I was under the impression it should have been lower. If they do release it after a certain time, is there anyway to make that not happen? I would be totally bummed to have all my games preordered, only to find out the money was never held and I spent it on something else.

After going over my preorders and games I still plan on preordering, I've decided I'm goi to wait to get The Crew. After the Certs clears from 11-18, I should have about $40 Certs so that will help with that. Besides that everything I plan to get this year will be preordered and paid for.

Here's a question I don't think I've seen.. I use my Debit Card to preorder all my games, I understand it authorizes the purchase when you place the order and puts a hold on that amount. Before the game is released, do they ever release the hold on that amount? I was so confused when I looked on my bank statement and it said I had a certain amount available and I was under the impression it should have been lower. If they do release it after a certain time, is there anyway to make that not happen? I would be totally bummed to have all my games preordered, only to find out the money was never held and I spent it on something else.
I hate BB's online preordering.. the will randomly check the card, authorize, and unauthorize it... it is super random... your better off doing what I do, buy a gift card for the amount you need and use that.

I hate BB's online preordering.. the will randomly check the card, authorize, and unauthorize it... it is super random... your better off doing what I do, buy a gift card for the amount you need and use that.
I thought about that and highly considered it. The downside to that is you don't get the double points. It may not matter to some, but to me the extra points matter.

So. htz became a mod. Will he be a benevolent mod who grants us mercy and spends little time admonishing us, or will he be a terrible tyrant who rules with an iron fist? In any case, I welcome our new overlord!

So. htz became a mod. Will he be a benevolent mod who grants us mercy and spends little time admonishing us, or will he be a terrible tyrant who rules with an iron fist? In any case, I welcome our new overlord!
I haven't done anything drastic yet, mostly just warnings. I prefer to keep it this way.

P.S. Stay on topic. :cool:

Never understood why they don't do like every other company and charge right before it ships. Much more convenient. Not like they need to know if you have the money for something that may not even come out for 2 months.

Never understood why they don't do like every other company and charge right before it ships. Much more convenient. Not like they need to know if you have the money for something that may not even come out for 2 months.
It's an inventory management technique and probably a reflection of their poor financial condition. Incidentally, many on-line retailers do an initial authorization for the full amount and then it drops off shortly thereafter, just like BB does. The main issue for me is that they kept doing repeated authorizations for the same amount for the same item and my credit card companies kept flagging them as potential fraud. Thankfully they have stopped that practice as far as I can tell.

I haven't done anything drastic yet, mostly just warnings. I prefer to keep it this way.

P.S. Stay on topic. :cool:
don't listen to that alt, you being a mod is well deserve. there couldn't be a better person for the job

don't listen to that alt, you being a mod is well deserve. there couldn't be a better person for the job
I'm not an alt. And I was just kidding around. I'm certain htz will do a splendid job.

On topic: I don't really buy new releases. $10 in rewards doesn't really make it worth it for me. Did buy Destiny day 1, though. Good game.

On the one hand, it makes sense to preorder pretty much everything that gives the $10 rewards, a $60 game is effectively $42.43 after tax and promo points. But I think I am going to skip FIFA 15, because I know I'd just trade it right back in (probably for $1.50 profit), and it just isn't worth the hassle to me. I almost got it anyway, but I talked myself down.

On the one hand, it makes sense to preorder pretty much everything that gives the $10 rewards, a $60 game is effectively $42.43 after tax and promo points. But I think I am going to skip FIFA 15, because I know I'd just trade it right back in (probably for $1.50 profit), and it just isn't worth the hassle to me. I almost got it anyway, but I talked myself down.
this is why I jump of many of the releases. almost a free or cheap rental (if you're paying with a gift card, which mostly everyone here is).

I preordered Forza Horizon 2 for the X1 but it never showed a $10 gift card in the cart. Do they mail it or will I get it when I pick the game up next Tuesday?

I preordered Forza Horizon 2 for the X1 but it never showed a $10 gift card in the cart. Do they mail it or will I get it when I pick the game up next Tuesday?
Horizon isn't one of the qualifying games on the list.

Never mind I see it's a deal of the week like Shadow Warriors.

Speaking of Horizon, what is the hype with this game? I played the demo, raced to the outdoor rave party, then did an offroad race, found this game terribly boring and deleted the demo shortly after. Anyone care to enlighten me?

I've had the Evil Within paid off in full with GameStop credit since May.  When I heard that BestBuy is now offering a $10 GC with it, I'd rather get if from them.  But if I cancel from Gamestop, I'd only get store credit back since I didn't pay with cash.  Since it's a physical card, not rewards points, could I buy it from BestBuy and then exchange the game for something else within the return window(like Bayonetta 2 or Lords of the Fallen)?

I've had the Evil Within paid off in full with GameStop credit since May. When I heard that BestBuy is now offering a $10 GC with it, I'd rather get if from them. But if I cancel from Gamestop, I'd only get store credit back since I didn't pay with cash. Since it's a physical card, not rewards points, could I buy it from BestBuy and then exchange the game for something else within the return window(like Bayonetta 2 or Lords of the Fallen)?
No, because the $10 GC is tied to the purchase of The Evil Within. You can always transfer your Gamestop preorder to some other game that interests you, including the two you mentioned.

I've had the Evil Within paid off in full with GameStop credit since May. When I heard that BestBuy is now offering a $10 GC with it, I'd rather get if from them. But if I cancel from Gamestop, I'd only get store credit back since I didn't pay with cash. Since it's a physical card, not rewards points, could I buy it from BestBuy and then exchange the game for something else within the return window(like Bayonetta 2 or Lords of the Fallen)?
if you return it and dont return the unused gift card then they will deduct $10 from your refund amount

You'll see it in your rewards account in a couple/few weeks. (EDIT: Ah good catch. It's an Xbox Live gift card, not rewards certificate) Did you also pre-order the $24.99 Car Pass? If you pre-order Forza Horizon 2 and the Car Pass, you get $5 off the Car Pass instantly, bringing the price down to $19.99.

The Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass ($24.99) gets you access to six monthly pack add-ons beginning in October, with each pack featuring five amazing cars. That’s six monthly car packs for the price of five! Plus, Car Pass owners will receive an exclusive bonus car for free: the 2010 Noble M600. That’s 31 cars to collect, race, and customize in Forza Horizon 2! Look for more details on the first monthly car pack for Forza Horizon 2 coming soon!

Since it says in the add about getting a $10 gift card do you think we could get that next week when we pick up on launch day? Plus get the $10 in rewards cert points? Probably will need override and and VERY YMMV. 

Edit: (ON Shadow of Mordor)

Since it says in the add about getting a $10 gift card do you think we could get that next week when we pick up on launch day? Plus get the $10 in rewards cert points? Probably will need override and and VERY YMMV.

Edit: (ON Shadow of Mordor)
You're talking about Target's ad, correct? I think Best Buy's PM policy excludes gift card deals.

You do realize that it is a $10 Xbox Live Gift card and not a Best Buy gift card.

"Add the game to your cart. Xbox Live code will be e-mailed after release date. To take advantage of this offer, you must have a BestBuy.com account with your My Best Buy™ number attached. "

Still no $10 from Destiny :(  Guess I'll wait til tomorrow and contact them.  

I know there used to be a way to view pending points and see the little tag like "Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered" and it would say your points should be available by X. Looking around the site, I can't find it anymore; the pending points section just shows recent purchases and I can't click to expand them.

Still no $10 from Destiny :( Guess I'll wait til tomorrow and contact them.

I know there used to be a way to view pending points and see the little tag like "Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered" and it would say your points should be available by X. Looking around the site, I can't find it anymore; the pending points section just shows recent purchases and I can't click to expand them.
You can expand the recent purchase section look a lil closer .

You can expand the recent purchase section look a lil closer .
So if I go to my.bestbuy its easy to find, but on my page on bestbuy.com I can't find it. Strange. Says my 500 points will be here, hopefully I get them soon so I can use it on FH2.

Is anyone having trouble with BestBuy.com not applying the GamersClub discount this morning?  TRying to preorder Shadow of Mordor and it's going into the cart at full price.

so my points came through for my xbox one preorder and video game trade in on 09/07, but the $10 for destiny are still pending. since i picked that up on 09/09 im assuming it will automatically show up in the next 1-2 days.

Is anyone having trouble with BestBuy.com not applying the GamersClub discount this morning? TRying to preorder Shadow of Mordor and it's going into the cart at full price.
Had issues with getting GCU price on my preordered Fifa this morning. The girl who helped me adjusted stuff to make it correct, but it was the first time my GCU hasn't triggered automatically upon confirming my address.

Won't be happy if it doesn't trigger my $10 rewards.

Another $10 giftcard game
Pre-order/Purchase Shadow Warriors
http://www.deals.bestbuy.com/?category=video+games
Is the Shadow Warrior $10 rz cert deal only for this week, or will it be in place until the game launches? Planning to buy this game, but I have a lot of rz certs pending and would like to use those to preorder it.

The $10 offer is also not listed on the actual product page for SW, only as text in the "weekly deals" for video games:

http://deals.bestbuy.com/?category=video+games

Had issues with getting GCU price on my preordered Fifa this morning. The girl who helped me adjusted stuff to make it correct, but it was the first time my GCU hasn't triggered automatically upon confirming my address.

Won't be happy if it doesn't trigger my $10 rewards.
Did you get an email with the preorder bonuses? I just picked up mine at lunch & no email yet, and I'm feelin' antsy already about it.

/And/ my.bestbuy.com seems all messed up. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back