Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be preordering Mordor tomorrow as well after seeing those reviews. Watched all the Hobbit and LOTR movies and enjoyed each one. I probably won't pick it up until Friday when I get Smash on 3DS.

hm yeah the reviews really sold me on shadows of mordor. was originally thinking to wait until black friday to buy with other games, but it seems like a better idea to buy it now. $48 +$10 certificate, i can probably beat it in 2-3 weeks even with limited time to play (and going back and forth with SoM and destiny). if i dont feel like theres much else to do i could trade it back for all or most of my money back (like enuf mentioned earlier). plus since its not too long, i can get one of my anticapted games played and out of the way before the wave of AAA games starting late Oct.

Now I have SoM in my cart, it says its $48, but says "Sale ends tomorrow" under the price. Thats not true right? I could order it up til Monday and get all the discounts...

and in regards to shipping, I'm seeing people are already getting shipping orders, so I assume even if i just do the standard shipping i should get it by tues?

hm yeah the reviews really sold me on shadows of mordor. was originally thinking to wait until black friday to buy with other games, but it seems like a better idea to buy it now. $48 +$10 certificate, i can probably beat it in 2-3 weeks even with limited time to play (and going back and forth with SoM and destiny). if i dont feel like theres much else to do i could trade it back for all or most of my money back (like enuf mentioned earlier). plus since its not too long, i can get one of my anticapted games played and out of the way before the wave of AAA games starting late Oct.

Now I have SoM in my cart, it says its $48, but says "Sale ends tomorrow" under the price. Thats not true right? I could order it up til Monday and get all the discounts...

and in regards to shipping, I'm seeing people are already getting shipping orders, so I assume even if i just do the standard shipping i should get it by tues?
tuesday? maybe if you are a best buy elite plus member with expediate shipping. free standard shipping takes 5-8 days atleast. you will be lucky if it arrives next friday.

Whoah, people are getting ships for SoM already?  Weird, cool if Best Buy is finally shipping stuff out early.  I picked store pickup when I made my order since I'll be near a Best Buy on tuesday to drop a friend off at the airport.

The game looks a lot like assassins creed in LOTR universe, I love the AC series so should be a good fit.  Bored of Destiny now too, so good timing.  Maybe I can burn through Metro this weekend and trade it in

Kind of wish I had a PS4 at the moment to play SoM on. Feel like if I wait until November for the PS3 version I might as well just wait until it's 19.95.

Im jumping on the SOM bandwagon too, but Im undecided on which platform to buy it for. Are there any noticeable differences between the PS4 and X1 versions?

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]As much as I want FH2, I think I'll wait for a possible sale on BF. I'm going to go with just Shadow of Mordor on 9/30 since the reviews are off the chain, the value should stay high. Plus I'm not really interested in the $10 XBL code for Forza. [/SIZE]
Yeah I dont know if I should keep my FH2 pre-order or wait for a sale now. I really enjoyed the demo though, It sucks that so many good games are releasing so close together :(

Yeah I dont know if I should keep my FH2 pre-order or wait for a sale now. I really enjoyed the demo though, It sucks that so many good games are releasing so close together :(
I'd say wait unless you absolutely have to play it now. If I remember correctly FH was like $15 on BF the year it released, XB1/PS4 might be around $25-$30 for it this year. SoM wasn't really on my radar but with the reviews, I think they deserve a day one purchase for making what sounds like a really good game.

Dang, I was worried about Shadows of Mordor. Now Im kinda hyped to play it. I grabbed it on PS4.
That SoM vote at the top needs to shoot up lol, everybody getting it. I'm hyped for it too now.

Still haven't received my Destiny points :wall:
me neither. i preordered the limited edition of the game... did only the standard edition count for the 10 bucks cert? If it counted, what should i do? The reporting missing points page doesn't allow me do anything about my order.

Be wary guys, reviews were on PS4 and PC for a reason. have a feeling the xbox one version may have lower res or something... usually they get all three, just saying. expect for sure that higher rated game on PC and PS, beware the xbox one

Looks like the old RZ site is gone. Old page gets redirected to the new one.

Can't see detailed transactions with the new page when viewing the point history page

Well I'm gonna probably get Shadow of Mordor now too. $48 plus a $10 cert and then trading it in for $40ish in a couple weeks is a pretty decent deal.

Looks like the old RZ site is gone. Old page gets redirected to the new one.

Can't see detailed transactions with the new page when viewing the point history page
It also doesn't give an estimated date for pending points to post.

My points posted already for SoM but not the bonus points. Now you can't even see if the bonus points are pending.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Points-Policies-Certificates/Manage-your-My-Best-Buy-account-on-BestBuy-com/m-p/853849

I also think they finally caught on to buying a gc w a gc glitch too. Managed to check if I got points for it last night before the change and saw zero points. Hope it was just still processing...

So, What do you guys think the odds are of Far Cry 4 or GTA on :ps4: seeing price drops this holiday? Thinking about preordering both for $48 plus a $10 cert and then hoping they go on sale and can get a price adjustment in 30 days (I'm Elite)
If you have discover card, you have 90 day price protection. Takes an assload longer to get your money back if there is a price drop, but it's totally worth it. My discover card I great, I wish more retailers would accept it.

How long does this go on for?  I mean I have $10 coming from SSOD bundle, and can I wait to order Halo 5 until after the Master Chief Collection $10 posts?

How long does this go on for? I mean I have $10 coming from SSOD bundle, and can I wait to order Halo 5 until after the Master Chief Collection $10 posts?
Until each game's release, so you could wait until the weekend before release to preorder and secure the $10 in points.

Im jumping on the SOM bandwagon too, but Im undecided on which platform to buy it for. Are there any noticeable differences between the PS4 and X1 versions?
There is extra content for the PS4 version, for pre-orders. If you preorder and get the Dark Ranger content Dark Ranger itself is available for both PS4 and XB1), the PS4 Dark Ranger will have two extra missions to take on some War Bands. Gamespot wrote about it here: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-gets-ps4-exclusive-m/1100-6421773/

I prefer Giant Bomb reviews.  Their star system is more fair than a numerical system.  Taking a look at their Twitter page, looks like Shadow of Mordor's quick look review is not up yet.  I'm sure it'll be up at some point.

Was waiting on reviews of SoM, now which game to get with it? Need to use the $50 from the Destiny cancellation. Wish the reviews came out before FIFA would have just gotten those 2 together.

I prefer Giant Bomb reviews. Their star system is more fair than a numerical system. Taking a look at their Twitter page, looks like Shadow of Mordor's quick look review is not up yet. I'm sure it'll be up at some point.
when games allow gaming sites to release reviews before the release date, it is usually a good sign. average/questionable/bad game usually place embargo dates on reviews for pm/ after the release date of game.

Was waiting on reviews of SoM, now which game to get with it? Need to use the $50 from the Destiny cancellation. Wish the reviews came out before FIFA would have just gotten those 2 together.
If you have a PS4 or xbone imo I'd get GTA5 or AC5, both should be pretty quick play throughs and can trade in afterwards for $40. Sunset Overdrive if you have xbox one. Far Cry 4 is another option although I wouldn't be surprised if the game is delayed.

If you have a PS3 I'd get South Park this weekend as part of BBY's deal of the day, its $20 ($16 gcu) and well worth that price, and again a fairly quick 15-20 hour playthrough and tradein next week for much of that back.

Call of Duty is another good option if you like those kinda games. I never understood people who said they will wait for black friday sales, I'd rather play a new game now, trade it in, and if I really loved it (AC4, Destiny, TLOU) I'll buy the digital version if/when it goes on sale.

then why couldn't you download google chrome? then you might want to get clear your cache or something
I'd rather not, as I'm not a fan of Google at all.

EDIT: Clearing my Firefox cache didn't help. I am seriously confused by this. :whistle2:k

Does anyone know what game was getting a $10 gift card added to it. I saw a comment about it a few weeks ago but can't remember which game it was???

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back