Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No - I never trade in any games. I keep all my games. I think its a waste of money when I buy it for $60 and trade it in for $20. I just lost $40. That kind of math doesn't add up. Some may argue that all the games just sit there collecting dust if I don't go back and play them. Well, I own the games so I can go back anytime if I want.

I bank all my GU points so I can buy large items or buy older games when it's like $20 or below.

No - I never trade in any games. I keep all my games. I think its a waste of money when I buy it for $60 and trade it in for $20. I just lost $40. That kind of math doesn't add up. Some may argue that all the games just sit there collecting dust if I don't go back and play them. Well, I own the games so I can go back anytime if I want.

I bank all my GU points so I can buy large items or buy older games when it's like $20 or below.
Well it all depends on how long you keep it. I'm planning on getting evil within and that comes to 51 plus a ten dollar gift card after the gcu discount. Plan on trading it in a week or two since it's single player only and best buy usually gives 40 for newly released games plus an extra ten percent gcu trade in bonus. So in the end I get to check out a new game and either break even or make or lose a few bucks after the discounts and gift card. Not to mention getting double points for buying and double for trading it in.

Kinda wish I did preorder shadow of mordor and flip that one fast but decided against it.

My points showed up today for SoM too. It never showed as pending the whole time so im guessing its just hidden as the new merged website probably just doesn't display pending points for the $10 preorder.

So after being unsuccessful in Post PM'ing Metro Redux over the phone, I messaged the reps on the Unboxed forums and they credited me as a "one time exception." This is what he said "Regarding price matching Metro Redux, our My Best Buy Gamers Club FAQ here calls out that you can either do a price match or use your 20% off benefit.  However, given that Elite and Elite Plus customers have longer return/exchange periods, occasionally an exception will be made so that the customer and the store doesn’t have to go through the process of returning and re-purchasing it.  I would be happy to do the price match as a one-time exception for you. "

From that I guess that means I will have a problem in the future? Like I said earlier, they really need to clarify this issue.

I don't see how you are trying to PM Metro Redux anyway because it included a gift card and it would have to be lower than $29.99 for you to get any money back...and right now it is $31.99 after gift card is figured in.  

I don't see how you are trying to PM Metro Redux anyway because it included a gift card and it would have to be lower than $29.99 for you to get any money back...and right now it is $31.99 after gift card is figured in.
it no different then all of us who pre-ordered Wolfenstein with the $20 back rewards and still post price matched the game later.

it no different then all of us who pre-ordered Wolfenstein with the $20 back rewards and still post price matched the game later.
It clearly is. The system includes a gift card and not the reward certificate. The computer cannot even process it because it will read the game as the price minus the $10 gift card.

You cut out just enough words, labeling, and explanation in crucial spots that your posts become a nightmare every time. You start to string together a ton of numbers and math but not fully labeled and it's wild looking. There's abbreviations and no labeling of certain numbers that confuses me always.

And now it is even more baffling that I've seen these complicated post structures so many times from you because your post on the Best Buy forums about the return policy is totally comprehensible. Maybe it's just all that math you are typing that wears you out so you don't complete the information well, but it's strange that I just can't recall ever reading one of these huge formulas that seemed labeled to the point of full clarity.

Anyway, I think you made a great point on returns above. That is so clear that I'd be surprised if they don't allow your suggestion.
that was kinda harsh, man. i've only been here a few months, but enuf is by FAR the most helpful user I've come across. his contributions and posts explaining and detailing BB & GCU have been invaluable, at least for me, not to mention he voluntarily offered to help me via PM.

maybe sometimes his posts are dense or kinda confusing at first, but understandable considering how often he responds to these types of questions.

If I even attempt to buy 17 GCs from my local BBY, they probably call the cops on me. We are talking about BBY here, not CeeVees.

could be worst 2 weeks ago i tried to place a new order with a price match cause it was cheaper with the price match then GCU and the rep told me i wasn't allowed to price match since i was GCU and that i already get 20% off and i explained i know that but i don't want the 20% off price i want the price match price instead since it was cheaper and she wouldn't budge saying there nothing she can do since im GCU and that her supervisor told her not to so i ended up hanging up and calling back with much better luck the following time. it just ridiculous the hoops GCU members are having to jump through for the simplest of stuff
seriously. i loathe going to BB and sometimes i think id prefer having a colonscopy over wasting an hour or two waiting in line on top of having to deal with their reps.

GCU has been great the few months I've had it, but the majority of any transaction involving a PM, Visa GC, or 10% MC is like pulling teeth, to put it mildly. at a certain point, time = money

You cut out just enough words, labeling, and explanation in crucial spots that your posts become a nightmare every time. You start to string together a ton of numbers and math but not fully labeled and it's wild looking. There's abbreviations and no labeling of certain numbers that confuses me always.

And now it is even more baffling that I've seen these complicated post structures so many times from you because your post on the Best Buy forums about the return policy is totally comprehensible. Maybe it's just all that math you are typing that wears you out so you don't complete the information well, but it's strange that I just can't recall ever reading one of these huge formulas that seemed labeled to the point of full clarity.

Anyway, I think you made a great point on returns above. That is so clear that I'd be surprised if they don't allow your suggestion.
Most of the short hand is common in BB(BestBuy) threads non BB regs generally pm for total A-Z. BB/GCU generally have alot of moving parts and/or offers overlapping so I try to only factor in the "base" values.

VGC= Visa Gift Card
MBB/MyBB= MyBestBuy points
GC/GCU= Gamers club Gamers club unlocked
EP/25% bonus= Elite Plus bonus of base pts
$205.95= Total cost of a fully loaded $200 VGC, $5.95 is the fee

For this offer years ago I would just post
"You can earn Elite Plus for $101.15" or "With this deal BB will pay you ~$108.xx & give you elite plus, take the $108.xx and make 2 yrs GCU cost ~$11.xx". Either of these options would delight most CAG`s but only a few would have any idea how to make it happen.

Most of the short hand is common in BB(BestBuy) threads non BB regs generally pm for total A-Z. BB/GCU generally have alot of moving parts and/or offers overlapping so I try to only factor in the "base" values.

VGC= Visa Gift Card
MBB/MyBB= MyBestBuy points
GC/GCU= Gamers club Gamers club unlocked
EP/25% bonus= Elite Plus bonus of base pts
$205.95= Total cost of a fully loaded $200 VGC, $5.95 is the fee

For this offer years ago I would just post
"You can earn Elite Plus for $101.15" or "With this deal BB will pay you ~$108.xx & give you elite plus, take the $108.xx and make 2 yrs GCU cost ~$11.xx". Either of these options would delight most CAG`s but only a few would have any idea how to make it happen.
I always appreciate enufs posts ! Sometimes hard to read but always has a point. He is trying to inform ppl is all.

he is wrong, he still thinks you get elite+ or 3x points on visa gift card purchases and you don't.  So his little "tricks" to get free money out of Best Buy have all been fixed.

His long message basically boils down to: to get Elite Plus, buy $3600 of Visa Gift cards paying $3707.10 ($5.95 x 18), you will get back 3600 in RZ points after 15 days which is equivalent to $72.  So it would "cost" you $35.10 to qualify for Elite Plus, but you'd also have $3600 in 18 visa gift cards you have to deal with.  Insert a 1 page comment on how you can use it to buy gas (ignoring the 5% back most of us get on gas reward cards).  You can load $5k a month with Bluebird/Serve but that is a long process that is outside the scope of this forum.

The real best advice: get GCU however it takes, its worth it.  Don't bother with Elite+, if you get it great if not you aren't missing out on anything.  The only two good Best Buy tricks right now are getting GCU and using movers coupon for 10% off in store purchases.  

GCU has been terrible outside the standard 20% discount the past six months, but that 20% is better than anything else out there as long as you play games at release and trade them in within the 3 week high trade in value window.  GCu is also great for taking advantage of flip sales, like moving copies of Best Buy deal of the day games from BB to Gamestop/Amazon/Walmart, but thats more about building trade credit at places than playing games.

Fastest way to keep Elite Plus is to ask people who is checking out that do not have BB reward to let them scan your reward card. Especially older folks who are buying TVs or laptops. That is how I do it. Spending $3500 in a year on video games means you'll have to purchase 74+ games. That is a lot of games.

I preordered Shadow of Mordor, but then I had no money, so I still haven't got it.

Is there a timeframe in which I need to purchase the preordered game for the $10 bonus to apply?

Get an Exclusive Sneak Peak of Sunset Overdrive at Best Buy

See an hour of exclusive game-play footage on October 11th.

Enjoy a presentation from an Insomniac Games representative. Watch in person at the Torrance Best Buy store in the Los Angeles, California area. The In-store event will take place from 1:30-4:00 PST. If you're unable to attend in-person, the event will also be broadcasted live from 2:30-3:30 PST on Microsoft’s Twitch Channel. (http://www.twitch.tv/xbox)

The event will feature exclusive multi-player gameplay, the Insomniac Games development team, and an exclusive walk through of the first hour of the game. There will also be prizes for those who attend the event in-person.
Best Buy/Microsoft is doing an event for Sunset Overdrive later today.

500pts for 2k15 have shown up on the pedning. Yay. I might get them in time for Sunset.
Just checked and mine are pending as well.

By the way, did you receive your pre-order DLC code? I had to place an order for shipping and haven't received the code through my email yet. Anyone else in the same situation?

By the way, did you receive your pre-order DLC code? I had to place an order for shipping and haven't received the code through my email yet. Anyone else in the same situation?
Mine are pending as well :D/

I received my pre-order code by email about 10-15 minutes after I picked up the game.

Had mine shipped to me, and no pre-order DLC.

Mine are pending as well :D/

I received my pre-order code by email about 10-15 minutes after I picked up the game.
Usually with every new release, I order online and pick-up in store. However that option wasn't available the day before release so I reluctantly ordered for shipping (for the first time).

Had mine shipped to me, and no pre-order DLC.
fuck I want my pre-order DLC mainly for the VC. Those Durant calf sleeves are ugly :lol:

Fastest way to keep Elite Plus is to ask people who is checking out that do not have BB reward to let them scan your reward card. Especially older folks who are buying TVs or laptops. That is how I do it. Spending $3500 in a year on video games means you'll have to purchase 74+ games. That is a lot of games.
Great idea, I was inline and the guy in front of me was buying dynasty warriors for the ps4, a ps4 controller and a headset. I said to the guy if you use my card it will gave you 20% on the game. He was delighted to hear that so I got some $$ towards elite plus and save him around $12 it was a win for everyone.

It could backfire on you if they return the stuff they bought. It probably wouldn't happen often but it could bring you into negative points which is annoying

I know there was a guy on this forum who hung out in the gaming section last holiday season around when the GCU 20% was implemented. He would offer his 20% discount to people looking at games, especially higher dollar items like Skylanders sets just so he could collect the points and Elite Plus progress. Just be aware of what people are buying and don't go over your limit.

I have two GCU and have Fifa's 500 points pending on both. Madden and Destiny also went off without a hitch. But mordor and nba are showing 500 on one account but just the transaction cost X2 on the other. About 2 days apart(the one missing the points transactions were done 2 days prior to the account that is showing the 500 points for each game).

Any thoughts before I contact customer service?

he is wrong, he still thinks you get elite+ or 3x points on visa gift card purchases and you don't. So his little "tricks" to get free money out of Best Buy have all been fixed.

His long message basically boils down to: to get Elite Plus, buy $3600 of Visa Gift cards paying $3707.10 ($5.95 x 18), you will get back 3600 in RZ points after 15 days which is equivalent to $72. So it would "cost" you $35.10 to qualify for Elite Plus, but you'd also have $3600 in 18 visa gift cards you have to deal with. Insert a 1 page comment on how you can use it to buy gas (ignoring the 5% back most of us get on gas reward cards). You can load $5k a month with Bluebird/Serve but that is a long process that is outside the scope of this forum.
The last time YOU purchased a $205.95 VGC using CASH or non BB credit/debit card & DIDN`T earn 205 base MyBB was when? You also DIDN`T earn the 25% Elite Plus bonus?

I haven`t converted since Destiny but there`s a silent CAG minority that convert part of the weekly/bi-weekly paychecks and they have said nothing of this change.

How could anyone comment on the current 3x promo that`s only been live for 4 days & it takes 15 for pts to post?

Your math is also off(unless BB also stopped awarding base pts on the $5.95 fee) 17 x $205.95 is $3501.15so the $5.95 fee x 17 is $101.15

Not factoring in any bonuses a $3501.15 purchase earns 14 $5 certs or $70. $101.15-$70 is ~$31.

Pretty sure you can load the paypal MC or netspend card via "debit" card(aka VGC) avoid WM altogether & eliminating the cards. I don`t personally use this method which is why I rarely post it as an opton. YMMV but some pawn shops also give full $200 value in cash for BB VGC then "charge" customers $3-$4 for them as a alternative online payment source.

Bottom line as long as a cash purchase of $205.95 ends up in 205 base MBB or 257 total MBB w/Elite Plus that`s all that matters.
The 45 day return/rebuy option can quickly make a dent in the $31 "cost", not to mention free shipping & the 25% bonus on the real BB purchases even ones pm`d from other retailers.

I know it normally takes 15 days for points to post, but usually by now my points from pre-orders are at least pending. Right now all that shows on my SOM Purchase are the points I got for buying it. There's no "victory can be preordered" line in the pending list... Should I contact anybody?

Side note:  I posted on the BBY forums asking about their pre-order policy for the $10 rewards previously because a phone support agent told me that despite not pre-ordering Shadow of Mordor, if I purchased the game on the day of release I'd still qualify for the rewards.  The BBY forum rep stated that this is not the case, but due to being told that by the phone agent, I was instantly credited the $10 by the forum rep . . . 

Fast forward to today, and I login to see the $10 instant credit AND 500 points pending for the purchase.  Hrm . . .

Best Buy, I love you, but if you want to stay in business . . . well, maybe stop giving out money left n' right and figure out how your system works?  I don't want you to go out of business before my GCU expires! ;)

I know there was a guy on this forum who hung out in the gaming section last holiday season around when the GCU 20% was implemented. He would offer his 20% discount to people looking at games, especially higher dollar items like Skylanders sets just so he could collect the points and Elite Plus progress. Just be aware of what people are buying and don't go over your limit.
What do you mean "go over your limit" ?

What do you mean "go over your limit" ?
In short: You are limited to 3 purchases per title if you are GCU.

It's a bit more complicated then that, but that covers it pretty well. I believe the breakdown is something along the lines of 3 copies per console per title per year.

Ahhhhh okay. 

I wish I had a friend making a big purchase soon. I am only at 1600, theres no way im making it back to elite plus this year :/

Side note: I posted on the BBY forums asking about their pre-order policy for the $10 rewards previously because a phone support agent told me that despite not pre-ordering Shadow of Mordor, if I purchased the game on the day of release I'd still qualify for the rewards. The BBY forum rep stated that this is not the case, but due to being told that by the phone agent, I was instantly credited the $10 by the forum rep . . .

Fast forward to today, and I login to see the $10 instant credit AND 500 points pending for the purchase. Hrm . . .

Best Buy, I love you, but if you want to stay in business . . . well, maybe stop giving out money left n' right and figure out how your system works? I don't want you to go out of business before my GCU expires! ;)
I purchased games on release and didn't get the bonus points in the past. However, I think SOM is a special case since the promo is still listed on the site becase of the PS360 versions.

sorry bad phrasing I just meant GCU giving 20% off is the best deal on new games.  The only way to get a cheap GCU membership right now is to buy one of the free 2 year membership coupons they mailed out to people who bought a new ps4/console a few weeks ago.

I'm sure there will be another GCU deal between  now and black friday though

My 500 points for Mordor still aren't pending and I haven't gotten my $10 XBL code FH2 yet. Is it safe to say that BB messed up and I need to contact them?

My 500 points for Mordor still aren't pending and I haven't gotten my $10 XBL code FH2 yet. Is it safe to say that BB messed up and I need to contact them?
I'd wait utill Thursday since that would be 15 days after release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back