Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You have done this promo before so you should know the answer to this...
I should have worded this differently. Before the victory can be preordered 500 point bonus should up pending immediately (with destiny). Now with Mordor that didn't show up until 26 days afterwards. The reason for this according to one of the my best buy rewards associates was a "computer error they were trying to fix." Sunset overdrive just showed up on my purchase history and no victory can be preordered bonus is shown but according to other posts they haven't had any issues with any of their preorder and purchases. I suppose now there is a delay when In the past there wasn't. Hope this clears it up.

I should have worded this differently. Before the victory can be preordered 500 point bonus should up pending immediately (with destiny). Now with Mordor that didn't show up until 26 days afterwards. The reason for this according to one of the my best buy rewards associates was a "computer error they were trying to fix." Sunset overdrive just showed up on my purchase history and no victory can be preordered bonus is shown but according to other posts they haven't had any issues with any of their preorder and purchases. I suppose now there is a delay when In the past there wasn't. Hope this clears it up.
You will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.
Check the OP, next time.

Gotta get my Sunset after golf tomorrow (maybe before, if there's time). I'm hoping that they have hats and coozies still. I fully intend to throw a Surge into that thing when I first fire up the game.

I just really hope that I can get that Geek Squad plan on the hat though, it might get a virus.

Hey guys went to pick up SSO 30mins ago. Did in store pickup, and the girl brought up an SSO Xbox One Bundle. I asked her if that was my order she checked and said u ordered the xbox one sunset overdrive edition.

I'm in shock walked out with xbone for $51 OTD. Any ideas why that happened? Should I worry? Even the lp guy at the door looked and told me to enjoy the Xbox lol.
You lucky son of a gun! I used to work at Best Buy, what happened was the warehouse employee picked the wrong item and put your online receipt on it. They don't scan the product but that online ticket and it simply says picked up, so no way to check like matching bar code or anything since the warehouse employee should have done that. You honestly did nothing wrong and can't be prosecuted.

Heck, anyone that makes it out of the store with merchandise is home free, nothing the store will actually do. Best Buys goal is to catch you in store, but once you leave the front doors that item is chalked up to "Shrink" and there is nothing they will do. They probably won't even actually know there was a mistake, but see that somehow someone took an Xbox one when they do inventory.

We had a gaming bandit at the location I worked at, maybe twice a month they would stash games to the bathrooms, break open the case, pocket the game and walk out. I think that is why all games are locked up now around me.

In fact, that wasn't even someones preorder or anything, just one from the floor that was marked with your ticket, so honestly you made out like a bandit

You lucky son of a gun! I used to work at Best Buy, what happened was the warehouse employee picked the wrong item and put your online receipt on it. They don't scan the product but that online ticket and it simply says picked up, so no way to check like matching bar code or anything since the warehouse employee should have done that. You honestly did nothing wrong and can't be prosecuted.

Heck, anyone that makes it out of the store with merchandise is home free, nothing the store will actually do. Best Buys goal is to catch you in store, but once you leave the front doors that item is chalked up to "Shrink" and there is nothing they will do. They probably won't even actually know there was a mistake, but see that somehow someone took an Xbox one when they do inventory.

We had a gaming bandit at the location I worked at, maybe twice a month they would stash games to the bathrooms, break open the case, pocket the game and walk out. I think that is why all games are locked up now around me.

In fact, that wasn't even someones preorder or anything, just one from the floor that was marked with your ticket, so honestly you made out like a bandit
Yeah theres no way he can get prosecuted for it. BB may call him and ask him to bring the system back but more likely they will chalk it up to a loss and let it go. He checked his order and LP let him through so nothing else can be done really

Great potential with the Holiday Return Period

Holiday Return & Exchange Promise

Buy your gifts and other items this holiday with the peace-of-mind of easy returns. Almost every purchase made throughout November and December can be returned through January 15, 2015.

Purchases made between Nov.1 – Dec. 31, 2014 have an extended return period through January 15, 2015, excluding items purchased with a third-party contract (ex. Mobile Phone carrier contracts, DirecTV, etc.) and Geek Squad Protection service plans. All other terms and conditions of our Return & Exchange Promise apply.

Best Buy Forum Rep Said this today about pre-orders:

We're aware of an issue that's currently preventing some pre-orders placed on BestBuy.com from being fulfilled immediately. Rest assured that our support team is looking into the situation though and that we hope to have a resolution soon. Please make sure to keep an eye on both your inbox and junk mail folders for updates and shipping information.

So I went and got my Sunset Overdrive today, which was a fun adventure. Traded The Evil Within (only got into chapter 5 or 6, knew I wouldn't finish it in the near-future). The goings-on:

--The first time, the computer didn't take off for the GCU (something about it doesn't like pre-orders).

--The second time, I don't even know what went wrong, but he restarted again.

--On the third try, he finally got everything to work properly.

--The computer did NOT prompt him that I needed to be 17 to buy the game.

--The computer DID prompt him to ask if I was old enough to get the free coozie, then it prompted him again for buying the hat.

--The computer does have them offer $2 Geek Squad protection on the hat AND the coozie (he didn't offer it, but I mentioned it to him, and he confirmed).

--I did get the $0.20 off on the hat for GCU.

So yeah, picking that game up only took about 20 minutes.

Picked up Sunset Overdrive tonight.  When I got to the register, they had no idea how to ring out a pre-order nor had a copy been held anywhere for me.  It took three employees to figure it out.  Luckily, there were plenty of copies and three trucker caps left on the SO display, so I grabbed a copy and took it back over to customer service.  The GCU added automatically.  So, I got the game for $47.99 - the $5 down, which was $42.99 plus the cap for 79 cents.  I doubt I'll ever wear the hat, but it was nice to get one since they were there.  That said, I doubt I will ever pre-order in store at Best Buy again.  It was one of the most convoluted pre-order situations I've ever encountered (probably the one thing that GameStop has over Best Buy), and if I do pre-order again, I'll do it online.  Also, the drive was kind of a pain in rush hour traffic, but since Best Buy is closer to where I work than it is to where I live, it made sense to go then instead of waiting until Saturday, which would have been my last chance to go.  I want Far Cry 4, but I'm still debating whether or not I want to pre-order it. 

Just checked my Advanced Warfare pre-order. It already says it's in the "preparing order" stage. Would be nice if it actually showed up Monday so I can actually take advantage of that Day Zero XP bonus.

Just checked my Advanced Warfare pre-order. It already says it's in the "preparing order" stage. Would be nice if it actually showed up Monday so I can actually take advantage of that Day Zero XP bonus.
I wouldn't put to much faith in that. My sunset preorder been in preparing to ship for over two days now and other people are having problems to with other titles. Best buy said it a glitch causing them to become stuck in that stage

here's an update on my Shadow Warrior pre-order:

After researching the issue, it appears that we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our Online Website. It's a site-wide issue and our technicians have already been made aware of it. We assure you our technicians are working full-time to immediately resolve the issue. We want you to know we have the most competent and technically gifted engineers working hand-in-hand in fixing the problem. 

tom+smykowski.JPG

You'll make about $10 back if you pre order
More like $2.

-$52 for CoD, after GCU and tax.

+$44 in TiV at Best Buy.

+$10 back in rewards

Unless Wal-Mart adds the game to its trade system and gives $60 for it (which would require another copy of CoD to be purchased and returned) during the 50% bonus deal, $2 would be his profit.

More like $2.

+$44 in TiV at Best Buy.

+$10 back in rewards

Unless Wal-Mart adds the game to its trade system and gives $60 for it (which would require another copy of CoD to be purchased and returned) during the 50% bonus deal, $2 would be his profit.
Bestbuy would really give you $44 tiv? That's way better then gamestop. I was thinking ebay but they take a 10% cut. Or I can just rent the game for $5 and not worrry about it. Or not worry about it either way seeing how the master chief collection is the week after

Bestbuy would really give you $44 tiv? That's way better then gamestop. I was thinking ebay but they take a 10% cut. Or I can just rent the game for $5 and not worrry about it. Or not worry about it either way seeing how the master chief collection is the week after
I bought The Evil Within on Friday night and just traded it in for $44, which I put on Sunset Overdrive (I think I'll re-buy TEW for about $20-30 in 2015).

I bought The Evil Within on Friday night and just traded it in for $44, which I put on Sunset Overdrive (I think I'll re-buy TEW for about $20-30 in 2015).
So it was released 10 days ago and traded in for $44? After tax games are like $51 with gcu. So you could rent a game for roughly 2 weeks and trade in in for $44 making it essentially a 2 week rental for $7? Then you can just keep reinvesting that $44 into the next game you want? Heck might as well do that. Maybe not for cod though seeing how it will probably take what 5 hours to beat? I still keep holding out that redbox will start doing next gen games

i may just sell off TEW then.. i have it for ps3 and i would get a little over $40. im on chapter 5, great game but i just dont have time for it. kinda debating it though, since i like supporting games like this.. does the game get better from here? 

I need to get started on that ASAP. Gotta beat it on Survival no upgrades, then beat the game in under 5 hours, then sigh........ beat it on Akuma mode.  :fridge: 

More like $2.

+$44 in TiV at Best Buy.
+$10 back in rewards

Sorry I assumed he did the trade in to get the $10 off coupon which is why I said about $10

how did they end up doing it?
I'd like to be prepared in case I run into the same problem..
That`s why I always suggest only putting $5 down in-store then simply buy the game & related promo(s) as a normal purchase. Then at the end get the $5 refunded or put onto another pre-order.

i may just sell off TEW then.. i have it for ps3 and i would get a little over $40. im on chapter 5, great game but i just dont have time for it. kinda debating it though, since i like supporting games like this.. does the game get better from here?
I'm currently on Chapter 7 and I'd say so. Really IMO each chapter is completely different. I have SunSet Overdrive and I'd like to beat TEW before I start it, but it's definitely hard to hold back.

So it was released 10 days ago and traded in for $44? After tax games are like $51 with gcu. So you could rent a game for roughly 2 weeks and trade in in for $44 making it essentially a 2 week rental for $7? Then you can just keep reinvesting that $44 into the next game you want? Heck might as well do that. Maybe not for cod though seeing how it will probably take what 5 hours to beat? I still keep holding out that redbox will start doing next gen games
Yeah, that's how it goes. If you get something with a pre-order rewards cert at Best Buy as well, then it basically becomes a $2-3 profit (depending on tax rates) to play these games.

That's where I was. I was in Chapter 5, it finally got a bit compelling, but I decided that Sunset Overdrive was more intriguing (which it TOTALLY is). Meanwhile, CoD follows Monday and Halo is 8 days after that, so there was no time for The Evil Within. I decided to max the TiV on that game, avoid any out-of-pocket expense for SO, and then I'll pick it up when Family Video sells it for $20-30.

Sorry I assumed he did the trade in to get the $10 off coupon which is why I said about $10
True, but unless he's one of the unfortunate few who bought into Ghosts for realz, he's gotta throw a bit of cash into that game for the trade (though he's get that and more back).

I'm currently on Chapter 7 and I'd say so. Really IMO each chapter is completely different. I have SunSet Overdrive and I'd like to beat TEW before I start it, but it's definitely hard to hold back.
Chapter 10 is easily the best chapter in the whole game due to its atmosphere and lengthiness. Unfortunately, Chapter 11 is the worst. :???:

how did they end up doing it?

I'd like to be prepared in case I run into the same problem..
The manager had to come over and figure it out. I believe that he scanned the card or put in the receipt number from the pre-order. I'm not sure which, but I would suggest bringing in the receipt if you still have it. I'm sure they could probably look at your purchase history, but I have a feeling that I would have had more of a problem if I had not had the receipt in hand.

Still not bad at all though. And you can just keep reinvesting the same money over and over again and never actually pay cash out of pocket for a videogame over the course of two years.
been doing that all year long... Played probably twice as many games as i normally would, and that Tiv holds almost a month, even if it drops you end of losing out on $4, which $4 for a one month rental is better than anywhere, not to mention that the developer gets the money from the initial purchase.

Super easy, I have done it on Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, Infamous, NHL, SoM, MLB, and Tomb Raider

Did everyone get their letter from the CEO of Best Buy this morning. I feel special that he took time out of his day to write. That's why he gets the big bucks, I guess.

Talking about the SSO Season Pass. I thought I had bought it in store only to find out when I got home I had a code for 15$ MS Points. Did this happen to anyone else ?

Talking about the SSO Season Pass. I thought I had bought it in store only to find out when I got home I had a code for 15$ MS Points. Did this happen to anyone else ?
I think that's how they do it now. When you buy a season pass you dont actually get it. You get the points then you go and purchase it.

Not me. Assuming you're talking about an email, what did it say?
As we enter the holiday season, I am writing to share my excitement about how much Best Buy® has changed over the past year and what we can now do to help you find the right gifts for your friends, your family or yourself.
Our promise to you is simple: Expert Service. Unbeatable Price. Here are some examples of how we bring that promise to life.
We have an amazing curated assortment of exciting technology products, including:
• The latest smartphones, tablets, wearable health & fitness products, video games and, of course, the newest 4K UHD TVs
• Remarkable products you will only find at Best Buy, including extraordinary 2-in-1 laptops we co-developed with the top tech brands
• A broad range of price points, starting below $25 and appealing to everyone including entertainment fans, fitness enthusiasts, memory makers and holiday hosts
Our Price Match Guarantee means we won't be beat on price, whether you are buying online or in store. We are also offering 18-month financing through December 27, 2014 (or 5% back in rewards) with a My Best Buy™ Credit Card. This is all part of our commitment to helping you get the products you love, for less.
Want to shop or browse online? Check out the newly transformed BestBuy.com site and our app. While you are there, take a moment to visit our gift center, use our product buying guides, check out millions of customer reviews, or chat online with our experts.
You can visit any one of our 1,400 stores to discover and experience the latest technology while getting knowledgeable, unbiased advice from our expert sales associates. If you want your technology now, enjoy the convenience of being able to come into our stores to pick up your online purchase on the same day.
Many of our stores have been improved this past year as we have worked with several key partners like Apple, Bose, Dyson, Google, GoPro, Intel, Microsoft, Samsung and Sony to bring one-of-a-kind brand experiences to our customers.
After you buy something, our Geek Squad® Agents stand ready to assist you with installation and setup. For answers to basic troubleshooting or "how to" questions, go online at GeekSquad.com, call 1-800-BEST BUY or come into any of our stores and our Customer Specialists will answer questions about your new purchase.
Finally, with our extended return promise, virtually every purchase made in November and December can be returned until January 15.
As I said, our promise to you is simple: Expert Service. Unbeatable Price. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you this holiday season.

As we enter the holiday season, I am writing to share my excitement about how much Best Buy® has changed over the past year and what we can now do to help you find the right gifts for your friends, your family or yourself.
Our promise to you is simple: Expert Service. Unbeatable Price. Here are some examples of how we bring that promise to life.
We have an amazing curated assortment of exciting technology products, including:
• The latest smartphones, tablets, wearable health & fitness products, video games and, of course, the newest 4K UHD TVs
• Remarkable products you will only find at Best Buy, including extraordinary 2-in-1 laptops we co-developed with the top tech brands
• A broad range of price points, starting below $25 and appealing to everyone including entertainment fans, fitness enthusiasts, memory makers and holiday hosts
Our Price Match Guarantee means we won't be beat on price, whether you are buying online or in store. We are also offering 18-month financing through December 27, 2014 (or 5% back in rewards) with a My Best Buy™ Credit Card. This is all part of our commitment to helping you get the products you love, for less.
Want to shop or browse online? Check out the newly transformed BestBuy.com site and our app. While you are there, take a moment to visit our gift center, use our product buying guides, check out millions of customer reviews, or chat online with our experts.
You can visit any one of our 1,400 stores to discover and experience the latest technology while getting knowledgeable, unbiased advice from our expert sales associates. If you want your technology now, enjoy the convenience of being able to come into our stores to pick up your online purchase on the same day.
Many of our stores have been improved this past year as we have worked with several key partners like Apple, Bose, Dyson, Google, GoPro, Intel, Microsoft, Samsung and Sony to bring one-of-a-kind brand experiences to our customers.
After you buy something, our Geek Squad® Agents stand ready to assist you with installation and setup. For answers to basic troubleshooting or "how to" questions, go online at GeekSquad.com, call 1-800-BEST BUY or come into any of our stores and our Customer Specialists will answer questions about your new purchase.
Finally, with our extended return promise, virtually every purchase made in November and December can be returned until January 15.
As I said, our promise to you is simple: Expert Service. Unbeatable Price. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you this holiday season.
Thanks. I wonder why I didn't get this (I'm Elite Plus)... :whistle2:k

I think that's how they do it now. When you buy a season pass you dont actually get it. You get the points then you go and purchase it.
I was wondering about that, but its 20$ to buy the season pass and the instore offer was to get the season pass for 5$ off with game purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back