Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't recommend paying it in full because at time of pre-order GCU does not take into account. So to pay in full would need to be $60+tax and when you pick it up GCU will come into play making it $48+tax and you would need a refund, and when it comes to BBY the simpler it can be the better.
Yea when I do it, I just give them $51.95. I know by heart how much I pay for all the new games lol.

I wouldn't recommend paying it in full because at time of pre-order GCU does not take into account. So to pay in full would need to be $60+tax and when you pick it up GCU will come into play making it $48+tax and you would need a refund, and when it comes to BBY the simpler it can be the better.
I have never pre-ordered in store before as I always do it online and it takes off the 20%. They should make it the same way in-store. Reason im asking is because since im using cash, I want to make sure I get the 94 points for each game since im pre-ordering three of them.

When I pre-order in store, where do I go to pick up the game since I'll have to either A) pay the difference or B) get refunded and then repurchase?

I usually go to the pick up window but im going to assume that this has to be done at customer service. Is this correct?

Also, do I still get credit for the pre-order as I want to make sure that I get the $10 reward certificate? Thanks.

I have never pre-ordered in store before as I always do it online and it takes off the 20%. They should make it the same way in-store. Reason im asking is because since im using cash, I want to make sure I get the 94 points for each game since im pre-ordering three of them.

When I pre-order in store, where do I go to pick up the game since I'll have to either A) pay the difference or B) get refunded and then repurchase?

I usually go to the pick up window but im going to assume that this has to be done at customer service. Is this correct?

Also, do I still get credit for the pre-order as I want to make sure that I get the $10 reward certificate? Thanks.

If you preorder a game in store and put $5 on it. On release day you go pick up the game and pay the remaining amount. Yes you will receive the 94 points per game, as long as you pay all cash. If you use a BB GC or Cert you will not receive points for that amount. Yes you will receive the $10 Cert, as long as you preorder it and pick it up during release week. Not sure what you mean by pick up window, at my BB Online Pickup/Customer Service is the same place.

Is there a reason you would rather preorder instore? If online has worked out for you before why are you changing? Normally I order online and do Store Pickup. Sometimes I do have the game shipped. I've been really lucky with games shipped and I normally receive them on release.

I will never have an item shipped as a preorder from BB again.

This is because I'm in Hawaii.  It took almost two weeks for the Evil Within to arrive, so I returned it.  It was shipped 4 days before the street date and still came two weeks after.  Took the customer rep 45 minutes to process the return and then purchase bayonetta 2 with gamersclub renewal.  Yikes.

Everyone was nice and I love the deals, but boy, every time I walk in Best Buy i'm ready for a fiasco.

I will never have an item shipped as a preorder from BB again.

This is because I'm in Hawaii. It took almost two weeks for the Evil Within to arrive, so I returned it. It was shipped 4 days before the street date and still came two weeks after. Took the customer rep 45 minutes to process the return and then purchase bayonetta 2 with gamersclub renewal. Yikes.

Everyone was nice and I love the deals, but boy, every time I walk in Best Buy i'm ready for a fiasco.
It looks like people are already complaining that the limited and Pro versions of COD AW haven't shipped from BB.com yet and once again the reps are making excuses. I don't understand why BB spent all that effort on redoing the website when they can't even get the basics of shipping product on a timely basis right.

If you preorder a game in store and put $5 on it. On release day you go pick up the game and pay the remaining amount. Yes you will receive the 94 points per game, as long as you pay all cash. If you use a BB GC or Cert you will not receive points for that amount. Yes you will receive the $10 Cert, as long as you preorder it and pick it up during release week. Not sure what you mean by pick up window, at my BB Online Pickup/Customer Service is the same place.

Is there a reason you would rather preorder instore? If online has worked out for you before why are you changing? Normally I order online and do Store Pickup. Sometimes I do have the game shipped. I've been really lucky with games shipped and I normally receive them on release.
Thanks for the info and help. It' appreciated.

I usually do pre-orders online since I normally have gift cards and/or reward certificates. Since I only have $13 in credit and need to use cash anyway, I figured that im better off using cash completely and save the credit to pair up with reward certificates that I'll get for Unity and Far Cry 4. I normally order online and do in-store pickup. In the store I use, there's an actual pick up window where your item is already waiting for you to pick it up. And considering the lines sometimes are long at customer service, the pick up window is quicker.

And on a related question, the 20% from GCU comes off during pickup, correct?

so, we can get call of duty on monday right? i dont want to walk in there and have them thinking im crazy trying to get it a day early. i usually preorder online and they send me the email that it is ready, but i had to do the in store so i could use the coupon.

Thanks for the info and help. It' appreciated.

I usually do pre-orders online since I normally have gift cards and/or reward certificates. Since I only have $13 in credit and need to use cash anyway, I figured that im better off using cash completely and save the credit to pair up with reward certificates that I'll get for Unity and Far Cry 4. I normally order online and do in-store pickup. In the store I use, there's an actual pick up window where your item is already waiting for you to pick it up. And considering the lines sometimes are long at customer service, the pick up window is quicker.

And on a related question, the 20% from GCU comes off during pickup, correct?
Yes when you preorder it will show the full price, put $5 down. Then when you pick up the order it will be $48-$5deposit.

so, we can get call of duty on monday right? i dont want to walk in there and have them thinking im crazy trying to get it a day early. i usually preorder online and they send me the email that it is ready, but i had to do the in store so i could use the coupon.
Yes you can, many stores have a midnight release Sunday night

The stores out on the west coast that are holding midnight launches are actually releasing them at 9PM PST (since it'd be 12 EST).  I might just come Sunday night since it's not going to be so late.

All best buys will release the game at midnight eastern time so 9pm for west coast. So call your store and check that they are doing that.

It looks like people are already complaining that the limited and Pro versions of COD AW haven't shipped from BB.com yet and once again the reps are making excuses. I don't understand why BB spent all that effort on redoing the website when they can't even get the basics of shipping product on a timely basis right.
Im kinda upset that my atlas pro hasn't shipped and I probably won't get it on release day. Kinda sucks since ordering online was the only way to get the limited or pro edition.

Woke up today to find, my bonus points posted for SunSet OverDrive. They were never pending at all, just came right through. I preorderd Sept 5th, if that helps anyone. It seems I get the points faster if I preorder further in advance.

My bonus for SSO also appeared in the pending transaction. 

No interest in CoD but I'm picking it up just because I seem to be getting 272 rz points before the $10 bonus for every $10 bonus game I pre-order & pickup.  $48 for the game, $15 in certs and a probable $44 tiv after GCU seems like a no-brainer.

All best buys will release the game at midnight eastern time so 9pm for west coast. So call your store and check that they are doing that.
i have to be at work at 11pm, exactly when they open, I figure it will all be over before i could realistically sneak out. that is why I was making sure we could get it on monday, like not a sunday night or tuesday type thing.

Well look like im be playing COD:AW All weekend long lol due to the surprise in the spoiler that came with my sunset Overdrive Game that was finally delivered today.
zkTWBmZ.jpg
Nice! Did you pay for COD AW or was it free?

I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow night. I recently finished Ghosts and I wasn't happy with the cliffhanger...but i usually enjoy playing COD campaigns

Im gonna ask what I saw someone else ask but no one answered.... do you think we will be able to preorder still tomorrow morning, even though it technically releases tomorrow night? I want to wait until the 50 percent bonus trade in starts to go trade in 

And the reason why Nintendo games do not get added to this promotion is because Nintendo apparently allow retailers to add a promotion to a Nintendo game, at least at launch. They can lower MSRP I believe because I have seen it done but you cant apparently add this type of promotion.

(which doesnt make complete sense because Target does the $5 preorder but it might be some loophole because you are technically buying the $1 preorder card, and not the game itself?)

So I haven't paid any attention to this day zero business for Call of Duty. I have an in store preorder. Does that mean I can go in on Monday and pick my copy up?

Edit: Reading a few posts up it seems like that is definitely what's going on. Please ignore unless I got this wrong.

And the reason why Nintendo games do not get added to this promotion is because Nintendo apparently allow retailers to add a promotion to a Nintendo game, at least at launch. They can lower MSRP I believe because I have seen it done but you cant apparently add this type of promotion.

(which doesnt make complete sense because Target does the $5 preorder but it might be some loophole because you are technically buying the $1 preorder card, and not the game itself?)
kmart does $20 points back on Nintendo wii u n 3ds games both quite alot so that ain't true

So I haven't paid any attention to this day zero business for Call of Duty. I have an in store preorder. Does that mean I can go in on Monday and pick my copy up?

Edit: Reading a few posts up it seems like that is definitely what's going on. Please ignore unless I got this wrong.
You can pick it up Sunday night, at different times depending where you live.

My store is gonna be open at 9pm tomorrow night to release the game, as I am on the west coast

My best buy said they wouldn't let people take cod advanced warfare out of the store until midnight our time zone (cst) even tho the website says 11:01 and the gamestop down the street is doing ir at 11:01. ..sucks bc I gotta teach the next morning would have been nice getting it an hour earlier!

My best buy said they wouldn't let people take cod advanced warfare out of the store until midnight our time zone (cst) even tho the website says 11:01 and the gamestop down the street is doing ir at 11:01. ..sucks bc I gotta teach the next morning would have been nice getting it an hour earlier!
I would actually call corporate then since that is against what they advertising and see if they are even aware of that store plan

You should call the store talk to the manager and tell them their website advertises it being available for pick-up at 9:00pm cst. If they still hold steady tell them you're calling corporate.

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but today is the last day for the CoD: Advanced Warfare $10 bonus trade-in promotion.

Base TIV for  :ps4: :xb1: CoD: Ghosts is $20

TigerDirect.com has both for $19.97 currently.

PM at Best Buy, take off the plastic seal in your car, and walk back in to net the $10 coupon after trading in. Pretty nice if you're planning on picking CoD: Advanced Warfare up during release week (when the coupon is valid), even better if you have GCU. A nice bonus on top of pre-ordering.

but wouldn't they have to sent you a ready to pick up email. otherwise, your game would not be picked , and set for your in the in store pickup area.
I was going to order something as soon as the Sunday deals go live so I'll have a ready to pickup email. I'm not buying COD. I was wondering if they would let me pickup my order even though I didn't go there to pickup COD.

I would actually call corporate then since that is against what they advertising and see if they are even aware of that store plan
I really like my best buy, usually really cool and get me free stuff for launches etc. So I dont want to ruin that just to save a couple hours. I'll call the manager tomorrow and see what's up.

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but today is the last day for the CoD: Advanced Warfare $10 bonus trade-in promotion.

Base TIV for :ps4: :xb1: CoD: Ghosts is $20

TigerDirect.com has both for $19.97 currently.

PM at Best Buy, take off the plastic seal in your car, and walk back in to net the $10 coupon after trading in. Pretty nice if you're planning on picking CoD: Advanced Warfare up during release week (when the coupon is valid), even better if you have GCU. A nice bonus on top of pre-ordering.
Best buy is so lame. They never put my best buy card in when I do trade ins so I never get the extra 10% for tradeins.

My points for SSO have posted! Hopefully my points for COD: AW post that fast so I can put them down on the master chief collection

With Gamer's Club Unlocked this would end up being $48 plus the $10 certificate making it $38 compared to Target's B2G1 which would be $40 per game assuming no other discount is applied.

With Gamer's Club Unlocked this would end up being $48 plus the $10 certificate making it $38 compared to Target's B2G1 which would be $40 per game assuming no other discount is applied.
Yeah but what CAG doesn't have half a dozen 5 off preorder CoD card from all of the CoD :Ghost trade/sale/givaways from the past 6 months from target

Will I still be ok for getting the CoD cert if I preorder tomorrow? (since it isn't out til 12:01AM tomorrow night?)
I don't know I would preorder it tonight. When I preordered yesterday in the cart it says below the gamer zone unlocked price that Sale ends tomorrow, and it now says sale ends today. I'm not sure what the sale means, if its the 10 dollar cert or just pre orders in general.

And I should be able to pick it up at midnight tomorrow when I ordered online for in store pick up right? I guess I'll see if I get an email tomorrow and if not call up and find out.

Hello people, brand new GCU member here. I have a question that may be dumb and I think I have an answer already, but I just want to verify. 

I am out of town this weekend which is how I was able to join GCU, but normally I live pretty far from the nearest Best Buy. Am I able to pre-order a game and have it shipped to my address and still receive the $10 certificate? So, like, never step foot in a BB for this entire process? The BB promotional page makes it sound like I can, but the FAQ in the OP makes it sound like it must be picked up in a store to receive credit, and you guys usually know what's going on more than even BB people. 

Thanks, sorry again if that's a dumb question.

Hello people, brand new GCU member here. I have a question that may be dumb and I think I have an answer already, but I just want to verify.

I am out of town this weekend which is how I was able to join GCU, but normally I live pretty far from the nearest Best Buy. Am I able to pre-order a game and have it shipped to my address and still receive the $10 certificate? So, like, never step foot in a BB for this entire process? The BB promotional page makes it sound like I can, but the FAQ in the OP makes it sound like it must be picked up in a store to receive credit, and you guys usually know what's going on more than even BB people.

Thanks, sorry again if that's a dumb question.
Yes, you still get the $10 cert for online preorders shipped to your house. You need not set foot in a BB again (until it comes time to renew your GCU).

Yes, you still get the $10 cert for online preorders shipped to your house. You need not set foot in a BB again (until it comes time to renew your GCU).
Yep... I don't have any BB close to me so I have to do everything online too and I haven't had any problems at all so far. I think the only things you miss online are the trade in bonuses.

Yep... I don't have any BB close to me so I have to do everything online too and I haven't had any problems at all so far. I think the only things you miss online are the trade in bonuses.
You also miss out on physical bonuses. Like the Hat and coozie or whatever it is from SS. Did you get the coozie online? I know you didn't get the hat.

Anyone know if I can still go into a store tomorrow and pre-order COD for that $10 cert.? I figure there would be a cut off date, also are the hardened editions or w/e they call it now really sold out? 

Anyone know if I can still go into a store tomorrow and pre-order COD for that $10 cert.? I figure there would be a cut off date, also are the hardened editions or w/e they call it now really sold out?
No one really knows about the preorder. I would think in BBs system it would count as a preorder but you never know. As far as I know all special/pro/atlas edition are only sold online but I could be wrong. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

You also miss out on physical bonuses. Like the Hat and coozie or whatever it is from SS. Did you get the coozie online? I know you didn't get the hat.
Unfortunately I've been away from my home for the past week so I haven't been able to get the SSO package open yet. It was included in my order like if it would ship with the game though. Definitely no hat but maybe the coozie... But yeah you're right, you do miss out on most stuff like that with online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back