Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my GTA V code and I haven't even picked up the game yet

This bundle entitles you to a $500,000 in-game cash bonus to spend in Grand Theft Auto V Story Mode and a $500,000 in-game cash bonus to spend in Grand Theft Auto Online.

i transferred my ps3 gta account, i did it inside the ps4 gta game there was a screen somewhere in options that started the process - it closed the SP game, did some agreement stuff, asked me a question or two, and then said i won't be able to play in online until the transfer is done.  didn't really care if it worked or not since I only played ~5 minutes on ps3 version, just did it for the extras you get for xferring.

I was doing it all off PSN though, didn't even sign into rockstar social club or anything I assume it all sorta links up in the background.  dunno about 360/xbone

loving the game so far, feels very rich and immersive especially compared to Destiny

Got my GTA V code and I haven't even picked up the game yet

This bundle entitles you to a $500,000 in-game cash bonus to spend in Grand Theft Auto V Story Mode and a $500,000 in-game cash bonus to spend in Grand Theft Auto Online.
Ditto, it popped up in my email but I was going to pick it up when I got off work....I'm still at work.

I'm torn between GTA, Far Cry, LBP, and Dragon Age. I can afford two.

To people who have been playing them today, and thoughts?
GTA and Far Cry for pre-order bonus but if too late for that I'd personally would have went for Dragon Age and Far Cry. I wouldn't mind playing LBP but I'd probably wait until it's 30ish. Interested in GTA but not enough to pay full price since I already played GTA 5 on the PS3.

I played GTA and I was stunned. That FPS mode is crazy, it really does change everything. If you already played it, I'd choose 2 from the other 3 though. Only because those are 3 "new" games. I haven't played my FC4 or LBP3 yet or bought DA. Can't tell you much about them though except that FC4 looks realllllllllllllllly good

Forgot to mention earlier that my Cert from COD finally posted. While I was picking up my games today I used $45 worth of my points to buy Dragon Age for my friend. He was super excited when I gave it to him. Hope he enjoys it.

I played GTA and I was stunned. That FPS mode is crazy, it really does change everything. If you already played it, I'd choose 2 from the other 3 though. Only because those are 3 "new" games. I haven't played my FC4 or LBP3 yet or bought DA. Can't tell you much about them though except that FC4 looks realllllllllllllllly good

GTA and Far Cry for pre-order bonus but if too late for that I'd personally would have went for Dragon Age and Far Cry. I wouldn't mind playing LBP but I'd probably wait until it's 30ish. Interested in GTA but not enough to pay full price since I already played GTA 5 on the PS3.
I have all four pre-ordered. : P

But yeah, I'm leaning towards Far Cry for sure and it's really close between GTA and DA.

I hardly played GTA on 360, so playing it on PS4 now would still feel pretty "new" to me.

I haven't read the postings, but it's going to get asked anyways so I'm going to say it:

If you did not receive your code for pre ordering GTA, go back to the store. It was supposed to be emailed if you preordered online for in store pickup, or print on your receipt for in store preorders but was glitched. It should be fixed now and they have a way to get your code.

Ended up going with GTA and Far Cry for now.

Had $20 in rewards certs (more than I thought!) and some credit from trade-ins, so I got both games without any money out of my pocket. Now I don't even have to feel guilty when my wife sees em! : D

edit: By the way, got my codes for both games printed on my receipt.

Anyone who recently re-up the GCU sub did you get 2x pts on the sub itself?
I believe so, but I'll double check and get back to you.

Edit: yes I received double points for the $30 to reup. That was when I picked up COD.

Does the Elite Bonus not post when the purchase first shows up?

I believe so, but I'll double check and get back to you.

Edit: yes I received double points for the $30 to reup. That was when I picked up COD.

Does the Elite Bonus not post when the purchase first shows up?
elite bonus and any other similar promo points never show until after 15 days and the purchase is out of pending status

It's now beyond 15 days since I got Advanced Warfare. The transaction is still showing "Pending." I think I'm going to pick up some arson supplies at Wal-Mart tomorrow and solve this myself.

GTA 5 is absolutely stunning on PS4, first person mode is also crazy awesome.  GTA Online is bananas, so much stuff to do I could see people sinking dozens if not hundreds of hours into it.  So yeah, if your budget is tight I'd recommend it highly, especially since a lot of people are going to be playing it between now and xmas on PS4/xbox one.

GTA 5 is absolutely stunning on PS4, first person mode is also crazy awesome. GTA Online is bananas, so much stuff to do I could see people sinking dozens if not hundreds of hours into it. So yeah, if your budget is tight I'd recommend it highly, especially since a lot of people are going to be playing it between now and xmas on PS4/xbox one.
It's been a year and there are still no heists online.

That is ridiculous.

I'm hoping this is the most appropriate thread for this, but I got an email about my Pokemon ORAS preorder (the one I ordered with Freakyforms during the B1G1 50% off glitch) saying that there was a billing problem and I needed to update my method of payment.  I was using my best buy mastercard which is in good standing so I tried to reauthorize it, but it still gave me the same error.  I used a different credit card and it worked...but the price of the item shot back up to ~$63 from $39.99.  

I called Best Buy and was told that I "should" be able to get the price adjusted, but it went to some investigation department and I will be called in 24-48 hours.

In hindsight I would have just called and tried to have them put the balance on a gift card or use rewards points.  Hopefully this helps someone avoid the problem if they are hit with the same thing.

I'm hoping this is the most appropriate thread for this, but I got an email about my Pokemon ORAS preorder (the one I ordered with Freakyforms during the B1G1 50% off glitch) saying that there was a billing problem and I needed to update my method of payment. I was using my best buy mastercard which is in good standing so I tried to reauthorize it, but it still gave me the same error. I used a different credit card and it worked...but the price of the item shot back up to ~$63 from $39.99.

I called Best Buy and was told that I "should" be able to get the price adjusted, but it went to some investigation department and I will be called in 24-48 hours.

In hindsight I would have just called and tried to have them put the balance on a gift card or use rewards points. Hopefully this helps someone avoid the problem if they are hit with the same thing.
Same thing happened to me. I used a different card and the price shot back up. Color me sad :(

To all you ppl on the fence about what game to get this week, get DA:I hands down GoTY imo, game is amazing honestly Id be very suprised if it doesnt win GoTY, only contenders besides it are gonna be SSB and maybe Bayonetta but yeah Dragon Age is amazing

[quote name="Thespyder314" post="12251834" timestamp="1416394097"]To all you ppl on the fence about what game to get this week, get DA:I hands down GoTY imo, game is amazing honestly Id be very suprised if it doesnt win GoTY, only contenders besides it are gonna be SSB and maybe Bayonetta but yeah Dragon Age is amazing[/quote]
Did you play previous Dragon Age games? If so, would it be beneficial to play the second one before this one? As in, are the stories tied at all?

They are but the 2nd one is just garbage, you can go to dragonkeep.com and choose your choices for what happened in the 2nd game vs actually playing it thats what i would do....since the 2nd game is just horrible compared to orgins and inquisition

They are but the 2nd one is just garbage, you can go to dragonkeep.com and choose your choices for what happened in the 2nd game vs actually playing it thats what i would do....since the 2nd game is just horrible compared to orgins and inquisition
I haven't playwed 1 or 2 but Inquisition seemed very intriguing to me......would I be able to play and understand things?

Also, i got GTA and Far Cry yesterday, was able to play both, and they are AWESOME! It's hard mixing time with those and Destiny! Haha

I haven't playwed 1 or 2 but Inquisition seemed very intriguing to me......would I be able to play and understand things?

Also, i got GTA and Far Cry yesterday, was able to play both, and they are AWESOME! It's hard mixing time with those and Destiny! Haha
And I bet you're planning to trade them for $80 when you're done with them right?

And I bet you're planning to trade them for $80 when you're done with them right?
I have been unable to get crazy trade in deals like that anymore for two reasons. One, best buy hasnt been doing 100% trade in bonus and two, they seem to be much better about changing the values if they do run a bonus.

I was hoping for a sincere response to my question, but thanks for the early morning troll. Put a nice smile on my face! :) Also helps me appreciate having all that credit built up from crazy trade ins so I can buy all of these games every week.

P.S. Just to be thorough, the value was $84.... $40 base, $4 10% bonus, $40 100% bonus. Those were the days.

Did you play previous Dragon Age games? If so, would it be beneficial to play the second one before this one? As in, are the stories tied at all?
They are all tied together but, like Mass Effect, BioWare does a good job of making it easy to jump in and play if you've never played a previous game in the franchise.

Also you can go to dragonagekeep.com to make the decisions for the first two games and get a recap of the story so far, if you want.

Dragon Age has a very rich lore about it, but its a lot of fun to read up on all the things that make up the story and the universe so far. Its not completely like your typical RPG/fantasy setting where the characters all talk like British prudes. They're all very witty and some of them even curse like sailors. The Fade, Pride Demons, Shades, Templars vs Mages, the Grey Wardens (bad asses!), the Dalish Elves, the hardcore Qunari's, all the stuff involving Dwarves....its just a lot of really cool, interesting shit to brush up on if you're planning on playing Inquisition and have no knowledge of anything Dragon Age.

for me personally, Dragon Age Origins and Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic 1+2 are the best RPGs I've ever played.

I have been trying to find a list of past games that had the bonus but cant seem to find them. Did any of the 4 PS4 releases have the $10 offer ? Picked up Dragon Age, Far Cry, GTA V, and LBP 3 and received the digital content from the pre-order correctly but wasn't sure if any of them should have the $10 bonus coming as well. 

Would help to know to be able to plan for some future purchases. 

I have been trying to find a list of past games that had the bonus but cant seem to find them. Did any of the 4 PS4 releases have the $10 offer ? Picked up Dragon Age, Far Cry, GTA V, and LBP 3 and received the digital content from the pre-order correctly but wasn't sure if any of them should have the $10 bonus coming as well.

Would help to know to be able to plan for some future purchases.

Literally in the OP and the poll option at the top of this page....GTA and Far Cry 4 did.

On a side note, when I went to pick up Far Cry 4 last night they had their holiday console drops and dear god there was at least 100+ Xbox Ones out. Like 50 of the unity bundles and 50 of the cod bundles.

PS4 was a lot less but was only the Destiny Bundle atm.

On a side note, when I went to pick up Far Cry 4 last night they had their holiday console drops and dear god there was at least 100+ Xbox Ones out. Like 50 of the unity bundles and 50 of the cod bundles.

well if amazon is any indication, PS4 may be picking up holiday steam.... I wonder how many people/parents pick console based on stock. i mean i could say well there are plenty of Xbox's on shelves that i could pick up later, but less PS4s, need to do it now! Just a theory, please no flaming over it.

Yea saw a massive pyramid of Xbox consoles at BB last night, was kinda shocking.

On a side note, when I went to pick up Far ast night they had their holiday console drops and dear god there was at least 100+ Xbox Ones out. Like 50 of the unity bundles and 50 of the cod bundles.

At work, the ps4 destiny bundle sold more than the 3 xbox one bundles (sunset overdrive, call of duty:aw & assassin's creed unity) combined. I expect the price drop on xbox one will help them for the holiday soon.

Im sure its been asked a few times already but its my first time doing the $10 preorder bonus for BB. Are you required to give them your BB number when picking up to get the bonus and if so can you still get it if you didn't and how?

I picked up Far Cry 4 at midnight release and it shows the 0 points for buying it since I paid with a gift card but I dont see pending points for picking up the preorder.

I thought they would automatically have my rewards number since it is tied to my order that I placed online but I didnt think I needed to give it to them at the time of pickup until I read in the fine print that you have to give them the number at the time of preorder and pickup.

the last few weeks when I've been into BB to pick up games, I swear to god I see at least 3-4 XBox Ones beings sold while I'm waiting in line to pick up my gamef from the counter. Just last night when I picked up Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age, two guys came up and picked up the COD and Unity bundle within 10 minutes of each other.

So for some reason Far Cry 4 on PS4 doesnt fit my TV screen. I had to change the resolution on the PS4 itself to 720 to get it to fit. Hopefully there will be a patch put out to fix it since ive seen others have had this issue as well.

Im sure its been asked a few times already but its my first time doing the $10 preorder bonus for BB. Are you required to give them your BB number when picking up to get the bonus and if so can you still get it if you didn't and how?

I picked up Far Cry 4 at midnight release and it shows the 0 points for buying it since I paid with a gift card but I dont see pending points for picking up the preorder.

I thought they would automatically have my rewards number since it is tied to my order that I placed online but I didnt think I needed to give it to them at the time of pickup until I read in the fine print that you have to give them the number at the time of preorder and pickup.
[SIZE=12.222222328186px]Are you required to give them your BB number when picking up to get the bonus and if so can you still get it if you didn't and how? NO IT NOT[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.222222328186px] it shows the 0 points for buying it since I paid with a gift card but I dont see pending points for picking up the preorder. Answered your own question it shows Zero since paid with Gift Card The $10 Bonus Point wont appear for 15 to 20 Days And might not even show pending and will just appear[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.222222328186px]I thought they would automatically have my rewards number since it is tied to my order that I placed online but I didnt think I needed to give it to them at the time of pickup until I read in the fine print that you have to give them the number at the time of preorder and pickup. Only required when doing a in-store preorder when placed in store [/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back