Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12.222222328186px]Are you required to give them your BB number when picking up to get the bonus and if so can you still get it if you didn't and how? NO IT NOT[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.222222328186px] it shows the 0 points for buying it since I paid with a gift card but I dont see pending points for picking up the preorder. Answered your own question it shows Zero since paid with Gift Card The $10 Bonus Point wont appear for 15 to 20 Days And might not even show pending and will just appear[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.222222328186px]I thought they would automatically have my rewards number since it is tied to my order that I placed online but I didnt think I needed to give it to them at the time of pickup until I read in the fine print that you have to give them the number at the time of preorder and pickup. Only required when doing a in-store preorder when placed in store [/SIZE]
Thanks, I would have thought the bonus would show as pending the same as the points you normally would get with the purchase. Freaked out a little when I read the fine print for preorders though.

My AW and Sunset hit, with AW hitting today.
The transaction went through today. Got the 50-something points for the trades I did that day, didn't get anything for the pre-order...sigh. Has anyone gone the phone route in trying to rectify this stuff, and if so, do they ask for any kind of proof of identity? I've got my GCU on my dad's account, so I can't use the forums (I've tried in the past, and since I can't create a forum account with his e-mail, they can't help me).

I expect I'm going to have similar disappointment with Halo's pre-order.

OK Sony fans...don't kill me but as much as I love my PS4, I really don't have an actual grasp on why it's outselling the Xbone.
I think a lot of it has to do with the presentations leading up to the Xbox One (lack of 1080p right out of the gate, console limitations on third party support, unpopularity of Kinect, PS4 offering a universal headset jack on their controllers at launch, additional $100 at launch, etc).

These things turned a lot of people off and I really don't think the Xbox has recovered from it... even though they offer a cheaper version of the console without the Kinect, 1080p is basically standard now and most others have been addressed as well.

The XB1 just has a bad rep, but it'll eventually all even out based on the XB1 exclusives alone.

Ok. Stop. Lol. I wasnt trying to start yet another damn console war debate. Was just shocked at how many Xbox Ones were out on display esp the COD one since the store I went to hadnt had any on display for the past week or so.

Thanks for sharing!
I was surprised no one responded FTFY to me... :whistle2:

I think a lot of it has to do with the presentations leading up to the Xbox One (lack of 1080p right out of the gate, console limitations on third party support, unpopularity of Kinect, PS4 offering a universal headset jack on their controllers at launch, additional $100 at launch, etc).

These things turned a lot of people off and I really don't think the Xbox has recovered from it... even though they offer a cheaper version of the console without the Kinect, 1080p is basically standard now and most others have been addressed as well.

The XB1 just has a bad rep, but it'll eventually all even out based on the XB1 exclusives alone.
I do recall that 24 hr. "Phone Home" software DRM thing that MS had to walk back in 2013's E3. Also I do think that some of the Playstation marketing is miles ahead of The Xbox. Sure everyone weasels and makes fun of the "Greatness Awaits" slogan but it appeals to gamers' egos and the "why" we play games. Xbox's ads focus more on the "what" the Xbox is.

I'm starting to sound like management, sorry...

@Deader: Actually I'm more interested on why people are gravitating to the PS4 over the Xbox One. IMHO, both seem like an even match currently and frankly when I left the fanboy club, I couldn't have been more free to play everything. Live free or die baby!

I won't be surprised if this gets hijacked into a console war topic (then Htz is gonna come down on me with the ban hammer)... :fridge:

Question... if you're receiving a $10 certificate, does it show on your mybestbuy account?  I preordered Halo MCC one day before release so I'm assuming that it still qualifies for the promotion.  Again, not asking if I should have the cert yet, but asking if there is something on my purchase history that would state I get the bonus

Question... if you're receiving a $10 certificate, does it show on your mybestbuy account? I preordered Halo MCC one day before release so I'm assuming that it still qualifies for the promotion. Again, not asking if I should have the cert yet, but asking if there is something on my purchase history that would state I get the bonus
I also ordered one day before.

You should see it in your purchase history of your best buy account. For that transaction when you drill into the details you should see a Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus

You will eventually see in the transaction on your best buy it will show "victory can be preordered bonus" and have 500 from it.

Question... if you're receiving a $10 certificate, does it show on your mybestbuy account? I preordered Halo MCC one day before release so I'm assuming that it still qualifies for the promotion. Again, not asking if I should have the cert yet, but asking if there is something on my purchase history that would state I get the bonus

My account is set give me the $10 rz once it hits 500pts and my COD points posted, it says issued cert $10 but it says I have no certificates. Anyone had this happen before?

My account is set give me the $10 rz once it hits 500pts and my COD points posted, it says issued cert $10 but it says I have no certificates. Anyone had this happen before?
Same thing just happened to me. My Rewards history shows that I got the 500 points from COD AW, but it was redeemed right away and I have no gift certificates showing. I even tested to see if it shows up if I order something and it does not. Now I lost my 500 points for no reason. Buggy system at its best.

I also ordered one day before.

You should see it in your purchase history of your best buy account. For that transaction when you drill into the details you should see a Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus
Would I see that message now, or only when the credit appears? Just trying to address the problem now with customer service, if there is one

Would I see that message now, or only when the credit appears? Just trying to address the problem now with customer service, if there is one
I ordered mine at about 11pm central time the day before release and I see my points there and pending. If you don't see them it might be time to contact them.

Same thing just happened to me. My Rewards history shows that I got the 500 points from COD AW, but it was redeemed right away and I have no gift certificates showing. I even tested to see if it shows up if I order something and it does not. Now I lost my 500 points for no reason. Buggy system at its best.
noticed this yesterday, Cert showed up today

I ordered mine at about 11pm central time the day before release and I see my points there and pending. If you don't see them it might be time to contact them.
Is the forum the only means of contacting them about a pre-order cert? I didn't get my CoD one (didn't even show pending points, now processed without anything awarded), and my Halo pre-order also shows 0 still pending. I didn't know if there was a phone number or -email address I could use to reach them, because I can't use the forums unless I can get into my dad's e-mail to create a forum account.

I see there are some oddities with the CODAW certs but I got a question and did read the OP lol...

I ordered COD online for shipping awhile back and it did the thing it does sometimes where preorders clear and post points early (did for me only a couple days after release).

I also preordered and bought Sunset Overdrive and those points posted recently.

I've only received one $10 cert since and I think I'm missing one. Any advice how to get one if I'm not sure which one I'm missing? I'll give it a few days to see if maybe COD gives me one, but I'm not sure...thanks!

Is the forum the only means of contacting them about a pre-order cert? I didn't get my CoD one (didn't even show pending points, now processed without anything awarded), and my Halo pre-order also shows 0 still pending. I didn't know if there was a phone number or -email address I could use to reach them, because I can't use the forums unless I can get into my dad's e-mail to create a forum account.
I would imagine you can contact customer service as well at the # on the website. However you would need all your reward zone info and possibly the credit card info used to make the purchase.

I would imagine you can contact customer service as well at the # on the website. However you would need all your reward zone info and possibly the credit card info used to make the purchase.
Ugh...I might give that a try, depending on what "Reward Zone info" is. The game wasn't purchased with a credit card, it was trade credit that I used, so that wouldn't apply.

Hows the new GTA V? I have a preorder but debating on getting it since there are a lot of games I want to get right now. I already played it on 360 but not sure if its worth playing the new version.

Also since I completed the game on 360, will I get all my old achievements if I load it up on :xb1: ?

Edit: 

• Achievements and Trophies – Achievements and trophies will transfer. Additional overall Gamerscore will not be awarded for transferring achievement progress.
Damm, thought it would be an easy bunch of points for my GS, but I guess not.

I really want to support my local BB, but they are so fucking terrible.

I went in on the 17th to preorder Far Cry 4 at the last minute. Went to trade in Smash 3ds first. After 5 minutes, the girl behind the counter flatly said "I won't be able to complete this trade in tonight, the game is not in our system." After a moment of back and forth, I asked her to get somebody else over to try since I knew it was in there. I told him to search the word Smash and it came up.

Got in line with a preorder card for FC4. The cashier immediately said "That game comes out tonight, we aren't doing preorders anymore." I asked him to scan it anyway knowing he was dead wrong. Worked fine.

Picked up both FC4 and GTA5 at midnight. Come home to find out they didn't grab my preorder copy of FC4, even though I gave him my receipt. So now I have $5 tied to a preorder of a game I already bought, and won't get the $10 in points without a return/rebuy, and the best part is I have no proof since I gave them my receipt. Such a shit company, its alarming. I'll be preordering online from now on I guess since I don't want to waste the GCU I've already paid for.

Finally got my GTA bonus. I picked up Far Cry today and preorder bonus printed on receipt. I had my GTA receipt so I asked why that bonus didn't print. CS rep called Best Buy and a few hours later I had my bonus emailed to me.

I was able to transfer so I already had tons of cash, but an extra $500,000 can help fill my garage.

Weird, I got GTAV shipped and did not get an email, yet did 2 days ago for LBP and Dragon Age. Had to call them up and sent support an email as well.

Both times I preordered from best buy I got zero shipping confirmation and they just showed up randomly. Also both times I didn't get my pre order bonus. I love GCU but their website is a giant turd fest.

Received my preordered gta today. Corner of the case is smashed to pieces. Will I be able to exchange this without having the second copy count against my three limit?

Received my preordered gta today. Corner of the case is smashed to pieces. Will I be able to exchange this without having the second copy count against my three limit?
when I had a crush case I explained I didn't want to go over my limit cause there mistake and I'm cool with the manager since it my home store and I do lots of trade ins and purchases weekly and he just let me swap it with one off the shelf and be on my way without a official exchange but ymmv on that

Finally got my GTA bonus. I picked up Far Cry today and preorder bonus printed on receipt. I had my GTA receipt so I asked why that bonus didn't print. CS rep called Best Buy and a few hours later I had my bonus emailed to me.

I was able to transfer so I already had tons of cash, but an extra $500,000 can help fill my garage.
so the extra game cash is a retailer code?

Apparently yeah. Not sure why BBY says its incase right on the product description, and why my shipped order didn't get the code either. (Especially considering I got the other 2 games).

Seems like a system glitch or something for GTA.

Apparently. They had zero idea what was going on at first. The "video game expert" came up and tried showing me something about how to get the in game cash from buying digital on PS4. Definitely a lolwut moment.

Then CS girl who checked me out on Far Cry called in for me. Had a code a few hours later after she gave them my RZ account and email address.

Wow so this thread turned to shit in the past 10 hours.

How come BB didn't give me the $10 bonus points for preordering GTA and FarCry yet? Should have gave it to me at check out. They need to give me $20 in points each now for messing up.

I wish Dragon Age was included in this!!!!

Is Batman available for this? It's on the page with the rest of the games, but on the product page under offers is doesn't say anything.

J/K. Sorry had a bad day. Rant over.....

I agree this threat has turned into crap. People want 20% off new games plus $50 for pre ordering plus a free foot massage and a bag of doritos. Tell me how the 20% off and $10 pre order isn't killing gamestop that gives you what? How much off new games? Oh right nothing.

I agree this threat has turned into crap. People want 20% off new games plus $50 for pre ordering plus a free foot massage and a bag of doritos. Tell me how the 20% off and $10 pre order isn't killing gamestop that gives you what? How much off new games? Oh right nothing.
fuck yeah they better give me doritos, im finna get some double xp in this bitch

Halo Cert came through today. Now all that's left is FarCry & GTA. Spent $45 in points towards Dragon Age, I bought as a gift. After the last bonuses go through, I should have around $60 in points.

If you use a BestBuy credit card for purchase, it still counts towards ElitePlus correct?

Pre-ordered Far Cry 4 on Monday, but the pending points don't include the extra 500. Should I wait until the 15 days are up before I get concerned?

I was trying to figure out why I hadn't gotten my CoD points posted on my online pre-order/pick up and found out they put it on the CoD Xbox Bundle I bought afterwards release date and was most likely planning on returning. Doh. 

Anyone gotten their GTAV cash codes yet? Sent Gaming-BBY an message almost 24 hours ago and it hasnt even been read, nor have I gotten anything from the customer service line either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back