Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually when you add to cart it shows the pre-order bonus in your cart. Doesn't show up for this yet.

If anyone still haven't price adjusted there sunset overdrive yet could you post and bump this best buy forum post for me? http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Sunset-Overdrive-Xbox-One-Version-Price-Adjustment-Needed/m-p/880329

It getting ridiculous cause posted it Sunday and still no response and I even tried calling on phone again today and they say on the phone can't adjust with GCU discount so the forum reps the only one that know the GCU combine with post purchase yet today last day of the sale and no response from a rep

FYI - BB will not PM or PA during BF weekend. It will start back up on 12/2.
FYI- That have nothing to do with what i just said. They dont price match from Nov. 27th thru dec 1st just like you said and today date is Nov 26th and the post was posted Nov 23rd so totally irrelevant to the No Price Match policy you just referenced and within the time period price match's are allowed.

[quote name="dreamer131313" post="12270833" timestamp="1417010695"]If anyone still haven't price adjusted there sunset overdrive yet could you post and bump this best buy forum post for me? http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Sunset-Overdrive-Xbox-One-Version-Price-Adjustment-Needed/m-p/880329

It getting ridiculous cause posted it Sunday and still no response and I even tried calling on phone again today and they say on the phone can't adjust with GCU discount so the forum reps the only one that know the GCU combine with post purchase yet today last day of the sale and no response from a rep[/quote]
Bumped. Thanks!

Bumped. Thanks!
I just talked to two nice ladies on the phone who helped me out on my account and my wifes with price matching with GCU and all. If you are still having trouble read them the 3rd paragraph from the bottom on this page or give them the link

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club-Unlocked/td-p/723505

I know its frustrating at times but GCU with post purchase price match is relatively new so sometime we have to educate the employees...

Man what a waste of time that was , called to attempt a price adjustment on sunset . I mean I expected it but still it gets frustrating trying to explain it to them . After getting the usual "dropped call" and 6 or so transfers I ended up speaking with a supervisor from the sales department. She surprisingly was familiar with gcu but claimed she was unable to give me the credit due to stacking the 20% and "price match". I repeatedly explained to her I was not price matching I was getting an adjustment from the bestbuy sale price . She wasn't hearing it just repeating what it said in the policy . At this point I'm getting annoyed so I asked to speak to someone else , she said there wasn't anyone else but she offered to file a complaint with corporate (which is another waste of time) . I had her do it anyway and I calmly told her she was uninformed and she should look into it herself . Also told her that she can look up other orders of mine in which I received an adustment with the 20% .They really need to update the price match policy , which they said they were working on but it's been weeks already .

Did anyone try Price Adjusting there order of Sunset Overdrive? Contemplating if I should bother calling or not.
It's going to be pretty much YMMV. One thing I've noticed is that the reps must be using different guidelines based on where they are located. I called on Monday to price match The Sims Limited Edition since it was in stock all day, the representative told me she has to double check if they are allowed to do it since technically they are still Black Friday prices. When she came back she told me her supervisor said she is absolutely not allowed to price match any Black Friday deals, even if they are their own prices and before the Friday-Monday time period. She also told me that I should call back because she recieved an email stating that in order to avoid excessive returns this season, they are allowed to price match Black Friday prices from their own store as long as they are in stock at the time of the price match request. She made sure to mention this email corresponce to her supervisor, but he was unaware of any such email and stood by the no price matching for black Friday prices.

If you are lucky the email this rep recieved has circulated as well as been added to the internal knowledge base, but even if that's the case many reps don't check the knowledge base and therefore go by the website policy. I ended up just re-ordering the Sims 4, since I didn't want to bother calling again. Anyways, good luck if you try.

Does anyone know if returning a game counts towards the 3-per platform limit? I bought SOM on the XB1 but want to exchange it for the PS4 version now that I plan on upgrading my HD.

isnt that also the same aaron though who said that used games also counted against the limit of 3 until one of the other best buy mods had to correct him and then aaron deleted his post? and also the same one who said pokemon x and y were the same also? i wouldnt put to much faith in anything that specific mod says honestly

isnt that also the same aaron though who said that used games also counted against the limit of 3 until one of the other best buy mods had to correct him and then aaron deleted his post? and also the same one who said pokemon x and y were the same also? i wouldnt put to much faith in anything that specific mod says honestly
That's Aaron. Love him :) .......not really.

/sigh...again

My Halo purchase is out of the "Pending" stage today, and says I got 0 points. I guess I'll give it through the weekend (not interested in playing stupid phone games and harassing the phone people during Black Friday), on the off chance it's just slow. They screwed up CoD and I tried to get verification about Halo when I called (just that they had it in the system as pre-ordered, not trying to get the points early), because I didn't want to have to call them a second time.

Just a head's up. The Best Buy Forums thread where Brian-BBY put the steelbook promotional photo for The Witcher 3 had the photo of the steelbook promotion removed.

So I don't know what's up with that.

Wtf. Last night i was at 247 points. I log in now and it says 147, and the history shows that it issued me a 5 dollar certificate but I dont have one..... only the 10 dollar one I had on there before.

I switched to point banking, did this somehow fuck it up? 

Wtf. Last night i was at 247 points. I log in now and it says 147, and the history shows that it issued me a 5 dollar certificate but I dont have one..... only the 10 dollar one I had on there before.

I switched to point banking, did this somehow fuck it up?
The site seems to be lagging. I got issued a $20 certificate yesterday but the points didn't get deducted until today. I don't have point banking since it isn't my main account.

Just a head's up. The Best Buy Forums thread where Brian-BBY put the steelbook promotional photo for The Witcher 3 had the photo of the steelbook promotion removed.

So I don't know what's up with that.
He took it down after telling me that I need to wait for the Best Buy website to update before pre-ordering to get the steelbook.

So if you preorder the CE, you will end up with 2 steelbooks?
Yep, the 2 steelbooks are different in design.

Haven't bothered with price adjusting my GCU purchases for awhile, decided to do it today with Sunset Overdrive. Got it done in 3 minutes. :)

• [attachment=10220:price match.jpg]

He took it down after telling me that I need to wait for the Best Buy website to update before pre-ordering to get the steelbook.

Yep, the 2 steelbooks are different in design.

Haven't bothered with price adjusting my GCU purchases for awhile, decided to do it today with Sunset Overdrive. Got it done in 3 minutes. :)

That is awesome.

I did my Sunset online so I might call tonight or Friday.

That is awesome.

I did my Sunset online so I might call tonight or Friday.
You should do it now if you can. According to the Best Buy website, the weekly ad (w/Sunset Overdrive $49.99) is from NOVEMBER 23-26, 2014. Also price adjustments/price matches can not be done starting tonight.

Alright so I preordered GTA V and got issued points 500. Later it says, 10 dollars reward certificate -500 points. So basically i have not recieved my points. Or it thinks I spend them when I did not. What do I do? Someone please help.

Alright so I preordered GTA V and got issued points 500. Later it says, 10 dollars reward certificate -500 points. So basically i have not recieved my points. Or it thinks I spend them when I did not. What do I do? Someone please help.
It's a common problem lately where the points get deducted but you have to wait an additional day to see the certs issued. Usually the day after the points were deducted you get to see the certs online.

My kid wants the Crew so I've been waiting to see if they would add it to the preorder bonus list but still no dice.
Is BBY still the best deal with GCU or does anyone know of a better deal? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back