Best Buy 11/12-11/13 free add'l DualShock 3 with purchase of 160gb PS3

I got this deal to go through with the H.H. Gregg $199 price match error last week. Scored both the system and extra controller for $199 + tax :whistle2:D

[quote name='ViolentLee']I wouldn't have guessed DS3 is "Dual Shock 3." May want to change post's title to "free 2nd controller."[/QUOTE]

Really? It's a pretty common acronym, especially when combined with the mention of the PS3 system.

Just saw this in an email-thanks for posting!

Hmm...well, it's better than nothing-actually worth quite a bit, but still kind of boring. I keep hoping there's some kind of bundle or SOMETHING...or another color.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Really? It's a pretty common acronym, especially when combined with the mention of the PS3 system.[/QUOTE]

Concur. What does "PS3" stand for again?

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']Haha oh man I am so tired. I was like "WHOA! A FREE 3DS WITH A PS3?"[/QUOTE]

Don't give anyone an idea to throw a fit with Best Buy :rofl:

[quote name='ViolentLee']I wouldn't have guessed DS3 is "Dual Shock 3." May want to change post's title to "free 2nd controller."[/QUOTE]

I have to agree on this one... I thought he misspelled 3DS for some reason. DS3 is not that common for some reason (at least not on this site)... google it and see what comes up for example... not the controller.

[quote name='Lordd_G']I have to agree on this one... I thought he misspelled 3DS for some reason. DS3 is not that common for some reason (at least not on this site)... google it and see what comes up for example... not the controller.[/QUOTE]
It certainly is the first thing that comes up on google, when it's entered with ps3, like it was here. First result is a DS3 and inFamous bundle at walmart.
DS3 is at least common enough shorthand for the dualshock 3 that the op doesn't need to worry about changing his thread name.

Dualshock is mentioned in the description anyway. If you're interested in a PS3 then you'd click the thread and see what it's about even if you didn't know what DS3 meant from looking at the title. The OP should probably edit it anyway, but still, I'm betting 8 of 10 people here knows what DS3 means.

I think some people are really excited for the 3DS or are dyslexic :D

DS3 is a shorthand commonly used to refer to the controller when you are talking about PS3 since for this system you had the SIXAXIS when the PS3 first came out then the DS3...

I've never seen an abbreviation od DS3, DS2, or DS for Playstation controllers. I was just figuring the TC miss-spelled an awesome DUAL SCREEN deal of some sort >_< lol

I thought DS3 was pretty common as well, but whatever, subject edited. (and here I thought there was actually some interest in a deal I posted! ;) )

[quote name='Justin42']I thought DS3 was pretty common as well, but whatever, subject edited. (and here I thought there was actually some interest in a deal I posted! ;) )[/QUOTE]

Well, considering you started the deal post with "not the best deal..." are you really surprised at the lack of interest?! Thanks for the post, tho.

I don't know if this has been posted yet but Best Buy is having another pre-black Friday sale.

Here is the link to the site:

http://www.bestbuy.com/ShopEarly

160gb PS3 with extra controller - $299.99

This seems to be the only gaming related item. Though it is only a minimal deal I figured it was worth a post.

I wonder if they'll let me get a one of those game+dualshock 3 combos as part of the free controller? 160GB + God of War Collection/Red Dual Shock 3 for $299.99 before taxes= would be nice!

Would this be applicable to the Move bundle as well? Fine print says no substitutions, so I am assuming not. Anyone confirm?

It explicitly says the 160GB system, so presumably that's it (which does seem a bit weird, but oh well).

[quote name='NattySlide']Would this be applicable to the Move bundle as well? Fine print says no substitutions, so I am assuming not. Anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]
No, doesn't seem to be applicable to the other bundles..

I'm definitely going out to BB tomorrow to grab this deal. I was waiting for the Best Buy Black Friday ad to see what deals they have for the PS3. Now that it's out, I'm not impress. I'm not into LBP or Mod Nation Racing. I'll be kicking myself on the ass if I wasn't able to get a PS3 bundle on Black Friday and miss out on this deal. Thanks OP

bread's done
Back