Best Buy - 3DS Game Sale - Fire Emblem: Awakening $29.99 + More

[quote name='neo_anomaly']Haven't played Mario in a while. Is 3d land the same old mario stuff or is there anything new and worth buying it for ? People who are buying Zelda, it's been available for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

SM3DL is one of the best handheld platformers I've ever played. It's much more similar to Super Mario Sunshine (the space levels) and Super Mario Galaxy. The levels are a mix of what you would see in Super Mario 64. It's still very much its own game though and definitely worth $30 new.

I got the game used (CIB) for $22 months ago from Gamestop by using a few coupons. I think I used a birthday coupon plus PUR to get it that low though.

Found a $5 RZ certificate I forgot I had in my email, so that was enough to convince me to get Fire Emblem. Tempted to pick up Sticker Star as well but it's hard knowing the game was $15 at Gamefly right before I bought my 3DS. Have there been a lot of sales or is $25 a pretty good price on it?

See, this is why you wait instead of jumping on a 5$ off deal.
Gonna get only if amazon pricematches.
Don't have anything to put that credit too so it would be nice if it happens before I head pass my local bb

[quote name='Miken']See, this is why you wait instead of jumping on a 5$ off deal.
Gonna get only if amazon pricematches.
Don't have anything to put that credit too so it would be nice if it happens before I head pass my local bb[/QUOTE]

BINGO! You skip $5 deals on the outside chance that a great sale comes along down the road that will net you an additional $5 off, maybe.

Tried to resist this sale but ended up biting on FE. Really dug the demo so after a $5 cert it was a good deal. Thanks OP. Art Academy is a great deal for $15 if you don't already have it. That's if you have any interest in art!

Super Mario 3D Land IS one of the best games on the 3DS. Terrific use of 3D PLUS it is a fantastic platformer. Anyone who says it is too easy hasn't played through the game again after you complete it the first time in the second set of levels. I cannot recommend this game enough. Super Mario Galaxy team developed it by the way.

Fire Emblem at $30 is an amazing deal! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy several copies and keep them sealed... and then a few years down the road sell them for $200+ :lol:

[quote name='theflicker']BINGO! You skip $5 deals on the outside chance that a great sale comes along down the road that will net you an additional $5 off, maybe.[/QUOTE]

Its pretty simple to know that the price would drop more. Its just do you want to play the wait game is all, and those that waited just 2 more days got $10 off then just $5 dollars off without any promotional credit or RZ certs.

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']Fire Emblem at $30 is an amazing deal! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy several copies and keep them sealed... and then a few years down the road sell them for $200+ :lol:[/QUOTE]

best of luck on that ..dont even think the GBA are worth that

[quote name='redmangoose']Should I pick up Zelda or Fire Emblem..been wanting FE for awhile now but a physical copy of Zelda is of the same rarity.[/QUOTE]

At what point did Ocarina become hard to find? I noticed that GameStop sells it for $40 used and found it odd, because I've always seen copies around. Fire Emblem has to be tougher to find game with a smaller print run.

Great deal on Fire Emblem, I actually just grabbed zelda from sears for the same price. Castlevainia is tempting but the demo left a bad taste in my mouth so I'll wait til it hits around $15.

Edit: Also any idea how long the sale lasts?

[quote name='joshnorm']So tempted to get FE and Zelda using the gamer club welcome coupon with something else....[/QUOTE]

$60 for FE, Zelda, and one of the Mario's (I would recommend 3d land over Mariokart) would be a sweet deal.

[quote name='plus1zero']Man, can't decide on zelda or FE.

Not a fan of SRPGs, but I keep hearing rave reviews on FE. Is it that good?[/QUOTE]

Easily one of best games I've played this year. I'd strongly suggest playing the Demo if you are uncertain. That will give you a taste, but there is so much depth past that it honestly continues to be fresh experience hours in.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Best game on the 3DS. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's between Mario 3D Land and Resident Evil Revelations.

When does this sale end? Thanks for posting, btw.

Edit: Nevermind, goes through saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, had a 25$ gift card so picked up FE for just over 7$. Think I'll wait on Zelda and Mario Tennis, just have a feeling those are going to drop further.

[quote name='RiPPn']Thanks, had a 25$ gift card so picked up FE for just over 7$. Think I'll wait on Zelda and Mario Tennis, just have a feeling those are going to drop further.[/QUOTE]

FE is best buy for sure

Mario tennis will hit 19.99 but ocarina of time is one of those games I see staying at MSRP forever like new super Mario btus or Mario 64 on DS

Mario 3D Land best game on 3DS? Not imo. It was good, not great.

Theatrhythm or Rhythm Thief are the best. I don't usually like rhythm games and I dug both of 'em, so high praise coming from me.

[quote name='ck76']Bought FE not long ago (on the 3rd)...could I go in and have Best Buy take off $10?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can post price match up to 15 days.

We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

[quote name='edison']Yes, you can post price match up to 15 days.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Thank you Wizard of Menlo Park!

[quote name='GBAstar']Amazon PM'd Fire Emblem... not sure about the others[/QUOTE]

LoZ: OoT 3D was also price matched. Just what I was looking for.

[quote name='slidecage']best of luck on that ..dont even think the GBA are worth that[/QUOTE]

The cheapest on Amazon for the 1st one for GBA new is $150+. It's bound to happen :p

[quote name='slidecage']two harder to find games on sale

TRENDSETTERS 3ds 19.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Style+S...+3DS/6836718.p?id=1218814345798&skuId=6836718

art arcademdy 14.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Art+Aca...+3DS/6835054.p?id=1218808390311&skuId=6835054[/QUOTE]

Style Savvy Trendsetters is a surprisingly great game. I took a chance and was shocked at how well made, deep, and fantastic it was. If you've gotten an open mind when it comes to games check it out. If you're a fan of Animal Crossing or the player creator/customization parts in games then there's a decent chance you'd like it. At the very least there's 2 demos available.

[quote name='neo_anomaly']Haven't played Mario in a while. Is 3d land the same old mario stuff or is there anything new and worth buying it for ? People who are buying Zelda, it's been available for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

3D land is a cross between SMB and SM galaxy. You have the timer to finish a level just like smb and the 3d world like galaxy. The levels arent that long. The game is easier than galaxy. I say this because my 6 year old started playing this on Friday and is already in world 5 by Tuesday. I believe it has the invincible leaves just like in super mario brothers 3ds and he might be taking advantage of those:) Another thing I noticed was that you need a certain number of coins to unlock even a boss level, at least in one of the worlds. Sorry, i haven't played the game myself yet. My son is, and i saw him go back to collect coins to unlock the final level in world 5.

It is definitely fun. Hope this helps.

Hmm Wreck it Ralph is part of Target's "pre-order disney infinity and get $10 off" promo. Might be able to price match bestbuy.com for $14.99, and get $10 off with the $1 pre-order making it essentially $5.99.

bread's done
Back