Best Buy - 3DS Game Sale - Fire Emblem: Awakening $29.99 + More

Does anyone want to sell me on Mario Tennis? Just recently got a 3ds xl and have about 5 games. I remember playing mario tennis on the gamecube and loving it so is this one more of the same? Maybe better?

Thanks a lot, OP! I saw that FE: Awakening was the same price on Amazon. However, I had $10 in reward certs that brought it down to $20 + tax!

Cheers!

Thanks. I had a buy 2 get 1 free coupon for joining the gamers club. So I got Zelda, kart 7 and FE for $60 plus tax.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Does anyone want to sell me on Mario Tennis? Just recently got a 3ds xl and have about 5 games. I remember playing mario tennis on the gamecube and loving it so is this one more of the same? Maybe better?[/QUOTE]

NOthing like it, its basically tennis with a 4 square grid that disapears or racket wallball.

[quote name='Capitalism HOO']Report the lower price to Amazon please.[/QUOTE]

I did it as soon as I read this thread. ;)

Amazon already matched it, so I'll contact Customer Service to see if I can get the difference returned.

The CS guy almost had me lose my promotional credit over a return. :cry:

[quote name='ultramanJ']At what point did Ocarina become hard to find? I noticed that GameStop sells it for $40 used and found it odd, because I've always seen copies around. Fire Emblem has to be tougher to find game with a smaller print run.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen that it's been hard to find. It's just that I've seen it be expensive for a very long time.

Fire Emblem did have that stock problem. I managed to get a few during the backorder period and I sold a few and I kept one to play.

Thanks OP! Got FE:A.

[quote name='plus1zero']Someone sell ME on FE:A, I don't like SRPGs really, but this game has gotten rave reviews[/QUOTE]

There's a Demo on the eShop. The graphics are fantastic.

[quote name='nixmahn']NOthing like it, its basically tennis with a 4 square grid that disapears or racket wallball.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't answer if the game is worth it or not? Ill just watch gameplay for awhile and decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chrushev']can get all of these used for 25 and under... these deals arent that great :/[/QUOTE]

A whopping $5 off for a used copy? Do you buy gamestop used games for $54.99 LOL?

[quote name='Chrushev']can get all of these used for 25 and under... these deals arent that great :/[/QUOTE]

Please show me a nationwide store where I can get Fire Emblem and OoT 3D for $25 or less used.

[quote name='Genocidal']Please show me a nationwide store where I can get Fire Emblem and OoT 3D for $25 or less used.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, OoT 3D preowned has been in-stock at Best Buy for more than 24 hours now at $25/$22.50. Fire Emblem tends to not last the hour when it pops back up, though.

[quote name='Genocidal']Please show me a nationwide store where I can get Fire Emblem and OoT 3D for $25 or less used.[/QUOTE]

Umm... bestbuy.com.

Dammit. I keep getting the bad side of Amazon CS. What did you guys do to get the $5 back on Awakening?

30$ is the lowest FE:A's ever been new, unless you count that One state store. The game is unlikely to go down further new copy wise. It's a good deal.

IF you can find them in stock, BB has both for $24.99 and an extra 10% off for GCU members.

A couple weeks back, was able to stack the B2G1 free (using BB credit) to get FE, Zelda and Pokémon SS for

"Can I get Gears of War, Metal Gear Rising, (and Style Saavy)."

"What was that last one?"

"Style Saavy... for my niece?"

"Riiight..."

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']FE is best buy for sure

Mario tennis will hit 19.99 but ocarina of time is one of those games I see staying at MSRP forever like new super Mario btus or Mario 64 on DS[/QUOTE]

Ocarina of Time has been $20 before.

[quote name='HitmanPham']A whopping $5 off for a used copy? Do you buy gamestop used games for $54.99 LOL?[/QUOTE]

That is the dumbest comment today...

5$ off 60$ is 8% off

5$ off 30$ is 16% off

so to go back to your logic... Yes I would buy gamestop's games for 49.99$

back on the subject though... 5$ off of 5 games (lets say Fire Emblem, MH3, OOT, Mario 3D Land, Prof Layton)... would give me a free game... because I would save up another 25$ to buy another one.

So what is your point exactly?

My point was that these are always available for cheaper. So there is no reason to jump on this deal immediatelly, and that since you can always get them cheaper its not a great deal.

Also I am sure most will agree that a cartridge used game is not even comparable to a PC/360/PS3 used game. A used disc can be messed up in more ways than 1... its very hard to mess up a cartridge. So in most cases you are basically buying a new game that has been opened when buying 3DS/DS games used.

[quote name='confoosious']That's all fine and dandy but Used != new. This is a great deal for FE.[/QUOTE]

See my comment above regarding used cartridge vs used disc games.

[quote name='Chrushev']See my comment above regarding used cartridge vs used disc games.[/QUOTE]

Just because you think it doesn't matter doesn't change the fact that used != new.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Is OOT on any other platforms besides 3DS and N64? Was it every released on Virtual Console for Wii?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I have that version.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Is OOT on any other platforms besides 3DS and N64? Was it every released on Virtual Console for Wii?[/QUOTE]

It was on GameCube.

There's also two different versions on the Gamecube available in disc form.

[quote name='confoosious']Just because you think it doesn't matter doesn't change the fact that used != new.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If I buy a game that I will most likely keep, I would prefer to be the only owner of it. Most people aren't nearly as careful with their games as I am, particularly on portable games that get shoved in pockets or drink holders. And for disc games, I often wonder how in the hell some of the scratches get on the games. Is there some form of frisbee golf where you use game discs that I am not aware of?

It is going to take more than $5 to make up the difference. If it is a game that I'm just going to play, beat and trade back in then sure.

I agree. I got like $30 credit from Gamestop for trading in a used Ocarina of Time I bought from Best Buy without the other things that come with a new game and I bought a new one to keep.

[quote name='confoosious']Just because you think it doesn't matter doesn't change the fact that used != new.[/QUOTE]

100% agree. Not to mention finding a copy at BBY that has all the extras is slim to none for most people. Some people don't care for the extras, and that's fine. Other people do and this is a good deal for anyone wanting a new copy of FE or OoT.

[quote name='Blabadon']Last page of the SW Lounge at GameSpot, a user found FE:A and Paper Mario SS for $20 at his Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

That was the price there recently and I wouldn't be shocked if it still was.

[quote name='Chrushev']That is the dumbest comment today...

5$ off 60$ is 8% off

5$ off 30$ is 16% off

so to go back to your logic... Yes I would buy gamestop's games for 49.99$

back on the subject though... 5$ off of 5 games (lets say Fire Emblem, MH3, OOT, Mario 3D Land, Prof Layton)... would give me a free game... because I would save up another 25$ to buy another one.

So what is your point exactly?

My point was that these are always available for cheaper. So there is no reason to jump on this deal immediatelly, and that since you can always get them cheaper its not a great deal.

Also I am sure most will agree that a cartridge used game is not even comparable to a PC/360/PS3 used game. A used disc can be messed up in more ways than 1... its very hard to mess up a cartridge. So in most cases you are basically buying a new game that has been opened when buying 3DS/DS games used.[/QUOTE]

Always risk not getting the full case/manual/CN codes. I'm not usually big on reward codes but CN usually has some decent stuff. I don't mind giving support to Nintendo by buying new. Say what you want about them, but they've always stood their ground and sold quality first party stuff.

If i have a digital copy of 3d land is there a way i can transfer my saved game to the physical copy? Planning on getting 3d land for the collection. Thanks

AHH can anyone access MyRewardZone right now?

I really want to use my coupon before FE sells out

EDIT: nvm it works now.

Got it for $26 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAGkrazy']If i have a digital copy of 3d land is there a way i can transfer my saved game to the physical copy? Planning on getting 3d land for the collection. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Nintendo only allows you to transfer saves from physical copies to digital copies, but not vice versa.

Thanks OP. price matched at the sterling west Target store in northern va.

I got the last OOT and there were 2 more FE A left after I bought mine.

bread's done
Back