Best Buy 60 GB PS3 w/ your choice of either a controller/HS/Lair

antlive84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey Guys,

I walked into Best Buy today to buy some things and they had written on a computer paper next to the PS3's that you can choose to either get an extra controller, Heavenly Sword, or Lair free with purchase of the 60 GB model! I almost picked one up. Plus, if you are a reward zone member (free to join) you get $10 back in reward zone points ($500, every $250 you spend you get $5 reward zone certificate).

Good Luck and Happy Shopping!

It's actually company-wide. It was in today's Retail Insider for BBY employees, and has it's own Promo code. Since the 80 GB is going to $500, and the new 40 GB will be out soon for $399, they're looking to offload some of the exsisting 60 GB, cause why buy a 60GB when the 80GB is the same price? There will be no price cut for the 60, so the incentive of conroller, Lair, or Hevenly Sword makes sense.

damn, i wish they wouldnt try to get rid of all 60gb like this. it seems like theyll be gone in no time. considering walmart CC and BB are having deals on the ps3, i wonder what targert and amazon.com will offer......

My BB has about 100 copies of Lair still in stock based on what it looks like in the primary game area and overstock area. Maybe they finally came up with a way to make this game sell.

If that's the case I'll head to the BB today and buy one..was holding out on buying a PS3 60GB but with some free games, it'll be worth it to buy one, rather than wait till there gone.

Ugh...I'd really consider it for Motorstorm, Warhawk, or a choice of something decent, but Heavenly Sword is a rental, Lair sucks, and I would rather wait and buy a Dual Shock 3. Oh well...

BTW, I know I can get the 80GB bundle with Motorstorm for the same price but I'd prefer full BC if possible.

[quote name='antlive84']Ct[/quote]

Which one (Manchester, West Hartford..)? Thanks.

I wish the 60GB models would still be around in another yr (waiting for MGS4, FF12).

They should bundle it with Lair and an extra controller, since everything I've read about Lair make it seem like the game will cause you to throw one of your six-axis out the window.

Wait, is this taking place right now!!??

If it is, I need to go pick one up. 5 free Blue Ray movies, 1 free game, and a free controller has finally convinced me.

Holy shit. What's BB's policy on you getting these deals and price drop refunds after a certain period of time since you bought it? Is it only a month?

[quote name='Chuplayer']Holy shit. What's BB's policy on you getting these deals and price drop refunds after a certain period of time since you bought it? Is it only a month?[/quote]

20 days for price drops/changes... not positive about the free stuff part.

But I think they should offer TWO of the free items instead of just one. I mean if I can buy the 80gb for the same price and get MS for free whats the deal on getting one game or a DS for free? Now 2 gmaes... or one game and one DS *that* would be a great deal.

[quote name='aerozero']Wait, is this taking place right now!!??

If it is, I need to go pick one up. 5 free Blue Ray movies, 1 free game, and a free controller has finally convinced me.[/quote]

Where is everybody getting this free game AND controller? They posted this deal on PS3fanboy (gave CAG credit) and said the same thing about the controller and game.

I called my local Best Buy and the (VERY STUPID SOUNDING) person who answered claims it is $500 and there is no promotion going on with any game or anything. Blah... :(

I would go to BB right now if this was in fact confirmed. Based upon a reading of the OP it seems like you only get your choice of controler, Heavenly Sword or Lair.

Do you know if this is YMMV? I literally just bought a 60gb PS3 from best buy two days ago and didn't get any extras. I would LOVE a free copy of Heavenly Sword.

I was just at Best Buy in Tempe, AZ and they had this deal. It was a choice of one only.

I just couldn't do it since I didn't really care for the freebie and the tax is killer :\

Guys, this is real. I just did an exchange on my PS3 I bought a month ago and got Lair out of the deal.

GTZ_NSR, they didn't hear of it either at, but they checked the Retail Insider for today (as mentioned earlier in the thread), and saw it in there. Once they saw that, they gave me the deal.

Worked in Trotwood, Ohio. Sales associate didn't know about the deal and upon telling him where it was listed, got what seemed like very suspicious about how we knew, asked if we worked at one, seemed(/pretended?) to not know what Retail Insider was, etc. Said he'd go check, but he hadn't heard about it.

After checking, he walked back and was suddenly quite nicer-- he'd checked and found what we were talking about and was printing out the papers to hang up for it as we spoke. I guess he though we were trying to pull something? :p

We were quite tempted by the wal-mart deal but weren't about to pay $15 for shipping just so we could get motostorm instead (the only game we have interest in at the moment), rather we chose to pick up a copy used at EB.

We'd been planning on picking one up soon anyway, just because we don't want to mess around with missing out on EE, so the second controller just sweetened the deal enough for us to go for it. Plus $10 in BB vouchers.

Confirmed at BB Westwood, CA. At first the CSR had no clue what I was talking about (in fact she insisted there was no pricedrop on the 80gb) but I was insistent and she checked the Insider-- it's on the front page-- new price for 80GB PS3 and new bundle for 60GB PS3. She misread it to be HS, Lair, AND a controller but it does ring up as your choice of ONE: Wireless controller, Heavenly Sword, OR Lair.

There is a promotion code and everything in the Insider but it is ringing up at the registers once they total it up as a package deal.

There seems to be some discrepancy in this deal.

Is it controller and a game?

Or

Your choice of either controller, HS, or Lair?

The 2nd controller takes the cake for me.

It is very clearly written in the Insider it's controller OR one game (choices being Heavenly Sword or Lair). Not controller+game. I would assume the deal will probably appear online in a day or two... just not many of the reps have read the insider so skimming it they might be misunderstanding.

(it's written as blah blah "when purchasing the system, they have the choice of one of the following:

* Extra SixAxis Wireless controller
* Heavenly Sword
* Lair"

-- so a rep may skim over "choice of one" and just see the list and assume it's all. It also includes a link to a promo flyer to print and display but I didn't see that.)

BTW, this is working online if you add stuff manually-- I just put a PS3 and Heavenly Sword in my cart and it shows HS as costing $0. (I then tried with a SixAxis and Lair and it made the cheapest one $0). There is no indication on the website that I can find of this deal but it does seem to work. (I haven't gone through checkout to verify, though! :) )

There is a link for the offer under the individual listings (on bestbuy website) for the controller, Heavenly Sword, or Lair entitled "Free game or controller offer."

Wow, people call Best Buy "Worst Buy"? I'm loving Best Buy after what they did for me today. I first called Walmart to see if they could honor their online deal (PS3 60 gb, free game, and free blu ray remote). They said no...ok, no problem. I printed out the deal and went over to Best Buy to see if they could honor the deal. Aside from the fact that pretty much everyone was clueless about the special deal they were having, one of the employees honored the Walmart deal, and ONE upped it by throwing in a controller for free. So I got the PS3, Heavenly Sword, a Blu Ray remote, and a Sixaxis controller all for $500. One hell of a deal...I ended up trading the controller and remote for Ninja Gaiden Sigma, but that's besides the point. The employee was very helpful and it was probably the best customer service I've ever gotten. So a big thumbs up to my Best Buy at least...

[quote name='y2kenjination']Wow, people call Best Buy "Worst Buy"? I'm loving Best Buy after what they did for me today. I first called Walmart to see if they could honor their online deal (PS3 60 gb, free game, and free blu ray remote). They said no...ok, no problem. I printed out the deal and went over to Best Buy to see if they could honor the deal. Aside from the fact that pretty much everyone was clueless about the special deal they were having, one of the employees honored the Walmart deal, and ONE upped it by throwing in a controller for free. So I got the PS3, Heavenly Sword, a Blu Ray remote, and a Sixaxis controller all for $500. One hell of a deal...I ended up trading the controller and remote for Ninja Gaiden Sigma, but that's besides the point. The employee was very helpful and it was probably the best customer service I've ever gotten. So a big thumbs up to my Best Buy at least...[/quote]

The above is YMWV - Your Mileage WILL Vary. You should get a plaque made to celerate this event, because getting a deal that easy at BB is pretty rare.

I'm praying Amazon will have something like this except with more game choices AND an extra controller. With that, 5 free blue ray movies, no tax and free shipping, it would seal the deal for me.

[quote name='honkymagoo']The above is YMWV - Your Mileage WILL Vary. You should get a plaque made to celerate this event, because getting a deal that easy at BB is pretty rare.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know. I think the employee who helped me was just a really cool person. :)

Dang, this is kind of tempting...I *WOULD* have gone for it a few months ago, but this business of Sony removing backwards compatibility from the PS3 has me thinking I should just skip it completely.

This is still game plus system for $499 - same price as the 80 GB. I'm surprised they aren't offering a better deal than this.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang, this is kind of tempting...I *WOULD* have gone for it a few months ago, but this business of Sony removing backwards compatibility from the PS3 has me thinking I should just skip it completely.[/quote]

I believe that this 60GB one eveyone has the sales on IS backwards compatible. That's why if I don't buy one now then I probably won't get a PS3 at all this generation. It's really hard for me not to go out and get one. I was a sony fanboy until the price was announced. Now I'm afraid that Microsoft has won me over. I don't want the PS3 until more games are out and when the games are out the Backward compatibility will be gone, and I REFUSE to have a PS2 and PS3 sitting on my entertainment center. I have to be able to play PS2 b/c I've invested too much in extra peripherals that my wife uses (ddr, gh, etc).

I think I'll just wait for a PS4.

T

[quote name='pcktlnt']Should I pick up a controller or Heavenly Sword?[/quote]Whats the point of getting a ps3 if you are not going to play that game.

[quote name='Bazz']Whats the point of getting a ps3 if you are not going to play that game.[/quote]

For games coming out in November, fear that the new 60Gb will be gone, and I have two games (Enchanted Arms and Oblivion) I can play on it while I wait for November :)

[quote name='pcktlnt']For games coming out in November, fear that the new 60Gb will be gone, and I have two games (Enchanted Arms and Oblivion) I can play on it while I wait for November :)[/QUOTE]

There is no reason to get the extra controller, unless, you really want to play multiplayer. The Dual Shock 3 will be out soon, so any controller you get now will be inferior. The price of the regular controllers will most likely fall.

Lair sucks. Get HS.

Alright I'll get Heavenly Sword. I'm not too sure about the rumble feature on the new controllers. Wouldn't it drain the batteries pretty quickly? Yea, I was thinking of the extra controller for multiplayer. Yea, I'll pick up Lair when it drops to under 20 bucks. :)

I hope I get one tomorrow. Cheers :)

Decided to stop waiting and bought the PS3 60GB bundle with the free Heavenly Sword, they wanted me to take Lair initially but I said hell no.. Lair or nothing. I didn't succeed in PM'ing the Walmart PS3 60GB online deal, they called up Walmart to price check and said it's only an online deal..oh wellz, tried but failed. Overall good deal, I don't know if the OP covered it, but the BB deal included 5 free Blu-ray movies like the Amazon deal, via mail-in-rebate. Also to make sure that the system doesn't go bad on me, bought the 2yr extended warranty for the just in case, can't have my PS3 breaking down like the Xbox360 *knock on wood*. Overall happy that I made the purchase, now I'm only missing a Wii and I'll own all 3 next-gen consoles.

bread's done
Back