Best Buy AD 11/18/12-11/21/12 - 3D and TV BLOWOUT!

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Forgive the formatting

Expendables 2 Blu $17.99/DVD $12.99
Expendables Blu $7.99/DVD $3.99

Game of Thrones Season One Gift Set Blu+DVD+DC $69.99

Batman Begins Blu Steelbook $9.99
Dark Knight Blu Steelbook $9.99
Buy either Batman movie and get a $5 off coupon for Dark Knight Rises, available 12/4

Santa Pups 2 Blu+DVD $22.99 ($17.99 w/ coupon from SantaPupsCoupon.com/BestBuy) / DVD $16.99

Cinderella II and III Blu+DVD $22.99/DVD $16.99
Cinderella DVD $16.99

BUY 1 GET 1 FREE on the following Blu's ($14.99 each)
21 Jump Street
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Pirates! Band of Misfits
Resident Evil Damnation
Underworld Awakening
The Vow

TOP MOVIES
That's My Boy $9.99 (DVD+UV)
The Sitter $12.99 Blu/$9.99 DVD
Chronicle $12.99 Blu/$9.99 DVD
Battleship $12.99 Blu/$9.99 DVD
Act of Valor $12.99 Blu/$9.99 DVD
Dictator $9.99 Blu/$7.99 DVD

$1.99 DVDs
Dinner for Schmucks
Scorpion King
Face/Off
Ray
Rainmaker
Curious Case of Benjamin Button
American Wedding
The Mummy

Cinderella Blu + DVD $16.99
Secret of the Wings Blu + DVD $16.99

Hold on to your wallets, folks, it's about to get intense..

BLU RAY 3D $19.99 EACH:
Madagascar 3
John Carter 3D
Cars 2
Lion King
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Toy Story 3
Tangled
Tron

BLU RAY 3D $14.99 EACH
Prometheus
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Titanic
I, Robot
Tranformers: Dark of the Moon
Immortals
Journey
Lorax

TV Series

Breaking Bad Seasons 1 - 4 Blu $11.99 EACH
Burn Notice Season 5 DVD $11.99
House Seasons 1-7 DVD $11.99, Seasons 6 & 7 Blu $11.99 EACH
Justified Seasons 1 and 2 Blu $11.99 EACH
Modern Family Seasons 1 and 2 DVD $11.99 EACH
Spartacus Seasons 1 and 2 DVD $11.99 EACH
The Office Seasons 5, 6, and 7 on Blu $11.99 EACH/1-4, 7 DVD $11.99 EACH
Walking Dead Season 1 Blu $11.99, DVD Special Edition $11.99
Walking Dead Season 2 Blu $24.99, DVD $18.99
Archer Seasons 1 and 2 Blu $12.99 EACH
Eastbound and Down Seasons 1 and 2 Blu $14.99 EACH
Life & Frozen Planet 2 pack Blu $16.99
Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-3 Blu $16.99 EACH
Blue Bloods Season 2 DVD $19.99
Grey's Anatomy Season 7 and 8 DVD $19.99 EACH
Revenge Season 1 $19.99
Chuck: The Complete Series DVD $119.99
Bond 50th Anniversary Blu $129.99
Smallville Complete Series DVD $149.99
Star Wars Complete Saga Blu $69.99/Episodes 4-6 Trilogy and 1-3 Trilogy $29.99 each
Gilmore Girls Complete Series DVD $84.99
Band of Brothers & The Pacific DVD $59.99
Gilligan's Island Complete Series DVD $29.99
Three Stooges DVD Gift Set $39.99
LOTR Extended Edition Blu $49.99
Indiana Jones Collection Blu $49.99
Rocky 6 disc set Blu $19.99
Alien Anthology Blu $19.99
Godfather Collection Blu $19.99
Tarantino 6 film collection Blu $69.99

Last edited by a moderator:
The Special Edition of The Walking Dead season 1 is on sale for $16.99. Bought it, along with season 2, Titanic 3D, Prometheus 3D, Alien Anthology and Rocky collection. Excellent Blu-Ray deals!

[quote name='jayntampa']While the ad correct states that Burn Notice Season 5 is $11.99 -- it fails to mention that all the other seasons are only $7.99! Picked up 4 & 5 with RZ certs :)

btw that also includes the season 2 Blu-rays[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up. Got seasons 3 thru 5.

Eh, fuck it, decided to get Pirates! after reading reviews. So all in all I made 3 orders and got...

Spartacus: Vengeance
Spartacus: Gods of the Arena
Breaking Bad Season 1
Breaking Bad Season 2
Breaking Bad Season 3
Breaking Bad Season 4
The Raid: Redemption
21 Jump Street
Taxi Driver
Pirates! Band of Misfits
Justified: Season 2

Not much left besides getting Brave from Amazon and Cabin in the Woods and Captain America from Best Buy. Best Buy you goddamn stay in business!

Got:

Justified S2 (getting paid back, as this is gonna be a gift from my bro for Christmas)
Ocean's Set (man that's cheap!)
Batman Steelbooks

I bought 21 Jump a couple weeks ago, but I threw my receipt away a few days before reading this thread :(

And I either paid with cash or gift card...so I think I got screwed out of getting my freebie movie, cause I don't think they can pull up my receipt..

[quote name='bardockkun']Eh, fuck it, decided to get Pirates! after reading reviews. So all in all I made 3 orders and got...

Spartacus: Vengeance
Spartacus: Gods of the Arena
Breaking Bad Season 1
Breaking Bad Season 2
Breaking Bad Season 3
Breaking Bad Season 4
The Raid: Redemption
21 Jump Street
Taxi Driver
Pirates! Band of Misfits
Justified: Season 2

Not much left besides getting Brave from Amazon and Cabin in the Woods and Captain America from Best Buy. Best Buy you goddamn stay in business![/QUOTE]

LOL. I with you buddy.

Breaking Bad Season 1
Breaking Bad Season 2
Breaking Bad Season 3
Breaking Bad Season 4
Titanic 3D
The Artist
21 Jump Street
The 5th Element
Black Dynamite
Walking Dead Season 1 Special Edition

I ordered them all for instore pickup except Black Dynamite was only available for shipping.

Ended up being $96+tax in four separate orders. I had $10 worth of rewardzone certificates and paid the rest off with giftcards.

I think all that I'm getting on black friday is Wrath of the Titans for $3.99 and Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows for $3.99 at bestbuy.com. My mom also wants me to buy her a bluray player. Unless any other deals come up, I think that's all I'm spending hopefully. I can't find anything in the Amazon black friday week deals that I want. I also don't really see any videogame deals I need to bite on yet.

Off topic, but HOW good is Breaking Bad?

I constantly see it in my Netflix queue but never start to watch it...

Seems like it almost gets more praise than SOA, Walking Dead, or anything else "hot" that's on right now that I'm addicted to.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Big Bang Theory Season 5 Blu-Ray/DVD combo is $16.99.[/QUOTE]

Aghh dang...I would get this, but I asked all my family and friends for random seasons of the show for Christmas. I don't want to get stuck with 2 S5's. not sure what the odds of them getting it is though, since its the newest and, before this sale, the most expensive.

Guess I could always keep my receipt and take the duplicate back :p

Wow tons of unadvertised sales! I ended up getting on blu:

Fringe Season 3
Fringe Season 4
True Blood Season 4
Prometheus 3D
Oceans 11 Collection
21 Jump Street
Resident Evil: Damnation (free!)

I was going to get Titanic 3D, but ended up getting the regular version at Fry's for $10.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']LOL. I with you buddy.

Breaking Bad Season 1
Breaking Bad Season 2
Breaking Bad Season 3
Breaking Bad Season 4
Titanic 3D
The Artist
21 Jump Street
The 5th Element
Black Dynamite
Walking Dead Season 1 Special Edition

I ordered them all for instore pickup except Black Dynamite was only available for shipping.

Ended up being $96+tax in four separate orders. I had $10 worth of rewardzone certificates and paid the rest off with giftcards.

I think all that I'm getting on black friday is Wrath of the Titans for $3.99 and Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows for $3.99 at bestbuy.com. My mom also wants me to buy her a bluray player. Unless any other deals come up, I think that's all I'm spending hopefully. I can't find anything in the Amazon black friday week deals that I want. I also don't really see any videogame deals I need to bite on yet.[/QUOTE]
Black Friday these days just feels like the time where I get Blu's for dirt cheap. Game deals always seem the cheapest for the time of it's release, but in a few months you can always find cheaper. Blu's and movie's though is just amazing deals.

And yeah I'm not expected to get much. Also fantastic choice on Black Dynamite. One of my favorite comedies.
[quote name='jcp42877']Off topic, but HOW good is Breaking Bad?

Seems like it almost gets more praise than SOA, Walking Dead, or anything else "hot" that's on right now that I'm addicted to.[/QUOTE]
Breaking Bad to me in all honesty is one of the most emotionally draining shows I've watched. It's one where you enjoy, but it's hard to leave as background noise because it's just one of those shows that's so intense. It starts a bit darkly humorous, but as the show progresses it just gets darker and darker and you root for this character whom you first see as a man with good intentions into something terrible before your eyes. Besides that, the acting and the writing themselves is all well done and one of those things where you have to just watch one after another. It's fantastic.

[quote name='jcp42877']Off topic, but HOW good is Breaking Bad?

Seems like it almost gets more praise than SOA, Walking Dead, or anything else "hot" that's on right now that I'm addicted to.[/QUOTE]

It's on the same level as The Wire, The Sopranos, etc.

It's widely considered one of the greatest television programs in history by both critics and fans.

I don't want to hype it up too much for you though, but it's definitely worth $36 for seasons 1 through 4 on bluray. This may be the greatest blind buy opportunity in the entire history of the CAG DVD, Bluray, HDDVD forum.... I don't want to overhype it though.... :p

[quote name='bardockkun']Black Friday these days just feels like the time where I get Blu's for dirt cheap. Game deals always seem the cheapest for the time of it's release, but in a few months you can always find cheaper. Blu's and movie's though is just amazing deals.

And yeah I'm not expected to get much. Also fantastic choice on Black Dynamite. One of my favorite comedies.

Breaking Bad to me in all honesty is one of the most emotionally draining shows I've watched. It's one where you enjoy, but it's hard to leave as background noise because it's just one of those shows that's so intense. It starts a bit darkly humorous, but as the show progresses it just gets darker and darker and you root for this character whom you first see as a man with good intentions into something terrible before your eyes. Besides that, the acting and the writing themselves is all well done and one of those things where you have to just watch one after another. It's fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Ok, at least I'm not alone in my feelings about black friday. Buying new games like Assassins Creed 3 for $34.99 is great and all if you need to have the game immediately, but I'm a CAG and I'll wait until it's a lot cheaper and there's a B2G1 sale. :)

Black Dynamite is amazing. I've only watched it once, but I love it so much. Since then I've gone back and watched films like Foxy Brown and Coffy, which makes me appreciate Black Dynamite even more. Have you seen the Black Dynamite show on Cartoon Network? I had to delete the episodes from my DVR to make room and never got around to watching them.

Also, very good review of Breaking Bad.

Damn...now I have harry potter 1-8, LOTR ExE, Ocean's, and the Batman Blus to all watch and ill be caught up on everything I've bought the past week...

Glee S1 and 2 are both on sale as well.
Shitty show plot wise after the first half of the first season but the cast got pipes on them.

Crap I already spent like $100 bucks

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Ok, at least I'm not alone in my feelings about black friday. Buying new games like Assassins Creed 3 for $34.99 is great and all if you need to have the game immediately, but I'm a CAG and I'll wait until it's a lot cheaper and there's a B2G1 sale. :)

Black Dynamite is amazing. I've only watched it once, but I love it so much. Since then I've gone back and watched films like Foxy Brown and Coffy, which makes me appreciate Black Dynamite even more. Have you seen the Black Dynamite show on Cartoon Network? I had to delete the episodes from my DVR to make room and never got around to watching them.

Also, very good review of Breaking Bad.[/QUOTE]
I Watched "Human Tornado" on Netflix after watching Black Dynamite and hearing about how that film was such a good bad influence and it lived up to the hype it set. Not many films where the actor breaks the forth wall just to commentate on how he jumps down a bush covered hill in the nude...in the first fifteen minutes.

The cartoon I enjoy, but the only complaint I have about it is when it tries to replicate either scenes or jokes directly from the film. The cartoon stands well on it's own (you can't argue with things like Black Dynamite trying to rescue Mr.T from the jungles of Vietnam and has become a cannibal with his specially made BBQ sauce), but when they do that it's just groan worthy because it's not needed.

[quote name='jcp42877']Damn...now I have harry potter 1-8, LOTR ExE, Ocean's, and the Batman Blus to all watch and ill be caught up on everything I've bought the past week...[/QUOTE]

A lot of the Batman and Superman DC animated blurays are $7.99 a piece also...

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']A lot of the Batman and Superman DC animated blurays are $7.99 a piece also...[/QUOTE]
Oh goddammit now I gotta make a 4th order...

Great. All the Breaking Bads are sold out already, and I can't order for in-store pickup. Since I have to work tomorrow I don't see myself getting any copies before they sell out at my local Best Buy.

:bomb:

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Wilfred and Justified worth blind buys?[/QUOTE]
Justified I enjoyed mostly because I enjoy Timothy Olyphant. If you liked him in Deadwood then you should enjoy this.

Is $16.99 the cheapest Sons of Anarchy price per season on blu-ray?
I might want to pick it back up and rewatch sometime in the future.

[quote name='BMXJouster']Great. All the Breaking Bads are sold out already, and I can't order for in-store pickup. Since I have to work tomorrow I don't see myself getting any copies before they sell out at my local Best Buy.

:bomb:[/QUOTE]
Looks like they've been matched on Amazon now as well, minus the B1G1.

Sigh, getting married in 28 days and I'm supposed to be saving my cash. I caved and got the following:

Abraham Lincoln VH 3D
Titanic 3D
the Lorax3D
John Carter 3D
Legend of the Guardians...
Wrath of the Titans

It does look like amazon is slowly matcha some of these. Abe Lincoln is already $14.99 for those without tax.

[quote name='bardockkun']Looks like they've been matched on Amazon now as well, minus the B1G1.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just noticed that. It sucks I'm gonna miss out on the B1G1 deal, but I really don't want to miss out on the $11.99 each price point so I just ordered it from Amazon. At least I won't have to pay tax then.

[quote name='bardockkun']Looks like they've been matched on Amazon now as well, minus the B1G1.[/QUOTE]S4 of Breaking Bad isn't matched on Amazon.

Only one I'm looking since everyone sold out S4 while I was busy and AFK. :bomb:

Hopefully they will match it shortly or BB will add more stock. Guess I'll try to call a store and have them put it on hold for me.

[quote name='shrike4242']S4 of Breaking Bad isn't matched on Amazon.

Only one I'm looking since everyone sold out S4 while I was busy and AFK. :bomb:

Hopefully they will match it shortly or BB will add more stock. Guess I'll try to call a store and have them put it on hold for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is. I just ordered it along with S1, S2 and S3. It's $11.99.

[quote name='gugaplex']The League S1 and S2 are 7.99[/QUOTE]
And here I was thinking "Okay, got everything I wanted out of my 4th order and I'm sure there's nothing else now..."

[quote name='bardockkun']Then what do you call this?!

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Bad-...8&qid=1353226600&sr=1-4&keywords=breaking+bad[/QUOTE]I call it ordered. I just checked it as I posted it and the search was showing $41.93. Guess the item was updated and the search wasn't seeing it yet.

[quote name='BMXJouster']Yeah it is. I just ordered it along with S1, S2 and S3. It's $11.99.[/QUOTE]Just noticed it, as listed above.

Good job on picking them all up for $12 ea. I spent a little more money over the years ($15-$17), though don't regret it one bit.

[quote name='gugaplex']The League S1 and S2 are 7.99[/QUOTE]

Somebody please tell Best Buy I can't do anymore tonight. I already have 5 separate in-store pickup orders. I'm going to sleep.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Somebody please tell Best Buy I can't do anymore tonight. I already have 5 separate in-store pickup orders. I'm going to sleep.[/QUOTE]

They will not listen.

They will creep into your bed tonight, you will wake up rather sore and unable to walk straight.

Alright, BB you're goddamn king of Blu Ray deals. There's no way I can say anything else besides that now besides 4 orders and all gift cards used up.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Breaking bad BOGO order was just cancelled...[/QUOTE]

This puckered up my butthole real tight. What time did you place the order? Can you please list everything that was in this order? Did you pay with a giftcard or credit card or paypal?

Most importantly, did you choose "shipping" as your delivery method? I'm assuming yes because it's 3am.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']They will not listen.

They will creep into your bed tonight, you will wake up rather sore and unable to walk straight.[/QUOTE]

This puckered my b-hole even tighter.

Spent more then I should have:

Wilfred season 1 blu 7.99
League ssn 1 blu 7.99
League ssn 2 blu 7.99
Breaking Bad ssn 4 blu 11.99
Burn Notice ssn 3 7.99
Burn Notice ssn 4 7.99
Burn Notice ssn 5 11.99
21 Jumpstreet blu 14.99
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance blu 0.00
Alien Anthology blu 19.99

I don't think breaking bad ssns 1 and 2 were normally supposed to be part of the b1g1 because I noticed they took them off the list like an hour after the sale started.

My loot as of now
SoA S1
SoA S2
SoA S3
Fringe S4
Breaking Bad S1
Breaking Bad S2
Ocean's Trilogy Set

I'm on the fence of whether or not to pick up Camelot and Justified S1/S2

bread's done
Back