Best Buy Ad 6/15-6/21

zeb06

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
Best Buy ad 6/15-6/21

50% BONUS Trade in values on all video games.

:xb1: :ps4: EA Sports UFC XB1/PS4 - 59.99 w/ free :br: UFC Best of 2013 Bluray
:xb1: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit XB1/PS4 - 39.99

:360: :ps3: :wiiu: LEGO The Hobbit 360/PS3/Wii U - 29.99
:360: :ps3: Dark Souls II 360/PS3 - 39.99
:360: :ps3: South Park Stick of Truth 360/PS3 - 39.99
:360: :ps3: Rocksmith 2014 Edition 360/PS3 - 39.99
:360: :ps3: FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil 360/PS3 - 49.99

:3ds: Nintendo 2DS - 109.99 after $20 savings
:3ds: $10 eShop Cards - MSRP (for those who cannot look past it, this is not a deal or sale even though its featured in the ad...though Nintendo did unveil that the new cards will feature AR figures to use with the 3DS camera now)
:3ds: Tomodachi Life - 34.99
:3ds: Cut the Rope 3DS - 9.99

Skylanders SWAP Force single figures - Buy 2 get 1 free

Preorder Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) Starter Pack - 74.99 and get additional FREE Disney Infinity Super Heroes Figure

:xb1: (Only shows XB1 but I assume all versions qualify) Save $10 on LEGO: The Movie video game w/ the purchase of the LEGO: The Movie Bluray or DVD

:br: 3D/Bluray/DVD/UV/Minifigure - 34.99

:br: Bluray/DVD/UV - 17.99

:dvd: DVD - 14.99

:360:Ear Force X12 Arctic Gaming Headset 360 - 44.99
:360:Ear Force X32 Wireless Headset 360 - 74.99
:360:Ear Force X42 Wireless Headset 360 - 99.99

Credit: Fiasco @ hidefninja - link

additional sales info listed online (not in print ad) from Konfusion:

Some stuff listed in the online ad, but not in the print ad

$30 gift card with Turtle Beach PX4 headset for My Best Buy members

:360: :ps3: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - $34.99

:360: :ps3: Nascar 14 - $39.99

:3ds: Disney's Frozen: Olaf's Quest - $19.99

:360: Halo 4: Game of the Year - $29.99

:ps3: The Last of Us - $29.99
:ps3: Gran Turismo 6 - $29.99
:ps3: Beyond Two Souls - $29.99

Buy Batman: Arkham Origins and receive season pass and Metalpak case for free
:ps3: - $39.99
:360: - $35.99
:wiiu: - $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
It's $50 on Amazon for PS3, $48 for 360. You could try the Target double-dip, and price match Amazon, get $15 off, then end up with the game at $35 or $33, depending on the platform.

Cheapest (non-glitch) retail price I've seen so far. Thinking of picking it up myself, not sure.
Yea. The main thing for me is I feel like I should get it before the community diminishes. I want to play this game coop with my friends too but I'm not sure how easy it is to join up.

If I'm not mistaken, recently Nintendo started selling $10 eShop cards a few months ago. So there's no deal, just advertised.
They had been Target exclusive until just recently. Same thing with physical $10 PSN cards used to be BB exclusive until last year.

Just take the $44 today. Like someone said the difference tomorrow may be small but it's better than $40 or the risk of it being lower than 44. Think it it as insurance.
That is exactly what I did. I traded PS4 Watch Dogs for $44 today. One other new release I lost a buck or two by trading early. The other one I made out better by a few bucks by trading before the promotion. I guess we will see on Sunday.

Also with the higher base you get a few more points on the back end. Not a big deal either way though.

The drinking game is the easiest, not like chess!
I used this Youtube video to beat the chess game. He shows you where it is located as I think each table has a different set of games. YMMV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukLBaE1UlR0

There aren't Achievements for the chess games, except beating ANY 10 to unlock one talent (to get them all for the Achievement), I think. So, if you're just trying to unlock that ability, just beat all the easy ones (if you're against using a guide).

I've always hated this mentality. I'm upset with the current state of my country; should I just sit back and enjoy it, or move out?
Your way changes nothing and just causes fights and more extraneous posts. People are going to have a different opinion and do things differently Unless it is a violation of the rules AND the moderators enforce the rules it is pointless. IMHO.

so I made the mistake of impulse grabbing kinect sports rivals at best buy yesterday, no bueno. gotta get rid of it, theres no way theyll just let me return it for credit or anything right? theyll only let me exchange for same game? trade in value is 28 right now so id only be out 10 bucks but this ad says trade ins go up 50% so should I wait or will the base value be cut right before this ad? thx for any advice!

so I made the mistake of impulse grabbing kinect sports rivals at best buy yesterday, no bueno. gotta get rid of it, theres no way theyll just let me return it for credit or anything right? theyll only let me exchange for same game? trade in value is 28 right now so id only be out 10 bucks but this ad says trade ins go up 50% so should I wait or will the base value be cut right before this ad? thx for any advice!
On a used game, GameStop will allow an outright return within a week, I think. Best Buy might do the same (guessing you got it used, since you said $10 out from a $28 trade). I had the game, and it's OK, I just don't have enough room to play it. The tracking's inconsistent, but fun when it works (as in, never try Rock Climbing or Target Shooting). I'd ask about a straight return on a used game, because they can't prove it was opened (if they don't wrap their used games, but they might).

You could wait the couple of days to see if the value jumps up with the 50% increase, but they're guaranteed to drop the base value beforehand. Games USUALLY have a slight increase in trade value during those promos, but if it's a heavily-traded game, it might not happen.

Regardless, I'd try to return it, just to see.

it was a new copy 39.99, I opened it, tried it, took it back next day, they said no but gave me a new copy which they opened in front of me so I couldnt return it for full price. walked over to a store called disc replay and they gave me 33 bucks store credit so whatever, lost out on 6 bucks, was just an ordeal with the ppl at best buy, the guy had an attitude like accusing me of lying and wanting to start a huge argument. I dont get it.

Does Disc Replay give you cash? We have one, but I've never dealt with them. I go int to buy games on occasion, but never actually have. They have the WORST deals in the universe (not sure if that's normal, or just our lazily-run store). They want $43 for Killzone: Shadow Fall, and about the same for Fighter Within. Like, the new game sales at the big-time retailers are about $5-10 cheaper than the used games at Disc Replay here.

On top of that, their N64 collection is total garbage. I bought SM64 for $10 there, and I think that's the ONLY purchase anyone I know has ever made there. Right now, they're doing a buy 5, get 1 free deal on those games that are $15-20 pricier than the competition, as if that makes up for it.

So it sounds like it would be best to trade in watch dogs right now and get the $44 with gcu instead of waiting until the 50% trade in? The $200 refurb Wii U is extremely tempting and I got the ok from the wife. Does best but price match on top of gcu 20% off? Could I get them to price match amazon on mk8 for $48 and then get the additional 20% off of that price with my gcu discount?

It's hard to say, as we don't know the price drop that is coming. As long as it's $30 or more next week (which would be $49.50 after 50% and GCU), you'd be doing better to wait.

Hoping Best Buy doesn't nerf any values before Sunday. I'm picking up a few games from the Target sale right now hoping to flip them to pay for a 2DS to replace my broken 3DS. Current value of the games I'm looking to trade is a total of $65 + any other extra games I might pick up to add to the total.

Does Disc Replay give you cash? We have one, but I've never dealt with them. I go int to buy games on occasion, but never actually have. They have the WORST deals in the universe (not sure if that's normal, or just our lazily-run store). They want $43 for Killzone: Shadow Fall, and about the same for Fighter Within. Like, the new game sales at the big-time retailers are about $5-10 cheaper than the used games at Disc Replay here.

On top of that, their N64 collection is total garbage. I bought SM64 for $10 there, and I think that's the ONLY purchase anyone I know has ever made there. Right now, they're doing a buy 5, get 1 free deal on those games that are $15-20 pricier than the competition, as if that makes up for it.
Disc Replay does cash, and it's usually better than BBY's credit trades. I got ~$40 cash (they offered $50 credit) for two copies of ghosts and two copies of AC4. The wait for them to quote trades is ridiculous though, and the staff members were hella rude.

I went there looking for some 3DS games, and they didn't have Tomodachi Life or Mario Golf, not to mention they wanted $45 for a used copy of Pokemon Soulsilver.

Hoping Best Buy doesn't nerf any values before Sunday. I'm picking up a few games from the Target sale right now hoping to flip them to pay for a 2DS to replace my broken 3DS. Current value of the games I'm looking to trade is a total of $65 + any other extra games I might pick up to add to the total.

Disc Replay does cash, and it's usually better than BBY's credit trades. I got ~$40 cash (they offered $50 credit) for two copies of ghosts and two copies of AC4. The wait for them to quote trades is ridiculous though, and the staff members were hella rude.

I went there looking for some 3DS games, and they didn't have Tomodachi Life or Mario Golf, not to mention they wanted $45 for a used copy of Pokemon Soulsilver.
What Target sale are you talking about? How are you going to flip them?

Yeah, I've never really talked to the staff at my store. They always LOOK like they hate their jobs though, haha. I've never even considered trading there because I didn't want credit to their ghetto establishment, so I might have to check them out next time there's a flip to do.

With the Skylanders figures, should that apply to the Swappers as well, or only the standard figures?

Still debating trading in titles today/tomorrow or Sunday. I know games usually get devalued to offset the 50%, but do they ever go below the price it was the day before even with the bonus %?

How rarely do they do 100% trade in value? Is it rare? Or am I crazy for thinking they even do that?

I have a copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf I'd like to get rid of. Just don't feel like dealing with ebay because I'm pretty busy right now and now I have GCU at Best Buy. Should I trade that in this week?

How rarely do they do 100% trade in value? Is it rare? Or am I crazy for thinking they even do that?
I have a copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf I'd like to get rid of. Just don't feel like dealing with ebay because I'm pretty busy right now and now I have GCU at Best Buy. Should I trade that in this week?
That's what I hate when they start these. Sometimes I've been burned but most of the time I haven't.

Does anyone happen to know if Guitar Smith includes the cable? To be specific the one that is listed in this ad.

Edit: never mind

Interested to see what Animal Crossing goes for tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be better off on ebay but I'm curious.

My experience is usually the 50% bonus you get 10-20% more. Last time I traded in Titanfall and it was $32 before and $40 with the 50% bonus. They kill values for 2x but 50% they stay pretty good.

So far Best Buy hasn't lower the prices on their games to counterbalance the 50% bonus TIV. Will be there tomorrow, hope they don't change anything.

Any reason why the green 2DS isn't on sale? Hoping Target has a drop on the green one that I can price match.

it was a new copy 39.99, I opened it, tried it, took it back next day, they said no but gave me a new copy which they opened in front of me so I couldnt return it for full price. walked over to a store called disc replay and they gave me 33 bucks store credit so whatever, lost out on 6 bucks, was just an ordeal with the ppl at best buy, the guy had an attitude like accusing me of lying and wanting to start a huge argument. I dont get it.
You tried to return a game that you opened and they said no. If they gave you another one, then you must have lied to make it sound like the old one was bad, so what part of them accusing you is false?

Right, except that yesterday, Watch Dogs was $44 after GCU and now it's $44.80. You didn't lose money if you waited, but it's certainly not a 50% bonus.
Don't have GCU, gta is all profit since I got it free during the glitch, and I got $20 back in certs for watchdogs.

Right, except that yesterday, Watch Dogs was $44 after GCU and now it's $44.80. You didn't lose money if you waited, but it's certainly not a 50% bonus.
You sure? They calculate GCU right before the trade is done, so it might be $28*1.5*1.1, which would be $46.20. I'm not sure how they add their bonus, but at worst, you're out $2.20. I trade mine in last week so I could take advantage of their buy 2, get 1 free on used games. I don't regret that for $2.

Meanwhile, the used copy of Titanfall I got as my free game went from $30 to either $35.20 or $36.30, so I'm good with that.

You sure? They calculate GCU right before the trade is done, so it might be $28*1.5*1.1, which would be $46.20. I'm not sure how they add their bonus, but at worst, you're out $2.20. I trade mine in last week so I could take advantage of their buy 2, get 1 free on used games. I don't regret that for $2.

Meanwhile, the used copy of Titanfall I got as my free game went from $30 to either $35.20 or $36.30, so I'm good with that.
60% (50% plus GCU) of $28 is $16.80. $28 + $16.80 = $44.80

60% (50% plus GCU) of $28 is $16.80. $28 + $16.80 = $44.80
The base went from $28 to $22. It's not reflected on the main trade page, but if you search for a game or try to trade it in online, it'll show you.

Also, are we sure they do it base x 1.6? I was hoping they'd go base x 1.5 x 1.1, which would equate to base x 1.65.

The base went from $28 to $22. It's not reflected on the main trade page, but if you search for a game or try to trade it in online, it'll show you.

Also, are we sure they do it base x 1.6? I was hoping they'd go base x 1.5 x 1.1, which would equate to base x 1.65.
I didn't check the base of the game. But the way I explained is the exact way it is calculated. I have traded many many times into Best Buy and have been GCU since it began.

In other words it is always (Base TIV x 1.6 = Final TIV)

After checking all 4 versions even when you click on them the base is still $28.

bread's done
Back