Best Buy Ad - 6/3/12 - 6/9/12

Taco5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
New Releases coming out Tuesday, June 5, 2012:

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/j...-buy-ad-scan-prices-for-dvd-and-blu-ray-deals

Safe House:
  • DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99
  • Blu-ray SteelBook Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $22.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Act of Valor:
  • DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $22.99 *Best Buy exclusive includes unique packaging and never-before-seen U.S. Navy SEAL footage*
John Carter:
  • DVD - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $22.99
  • Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy - $29.99 ($24.99 after coupon) *Best Buy exclusive includes bonus disc*
Coupon: $5 off John Carter Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island:
  • DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99
  • Blu-ray (Movie-Only Edition with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99
  • Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $27.99
Machine Gun Preacher:
  • DVD - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $19.99
Breaking Bad: The Complete Fourth Season:
  • DVD - $19.99
  • Blu-ray - $24.99
Bad Ass:
  • DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray - $19.99
Phineas and Ferb: The Perry Files:
  • DVD (includes Digital Copy) - $12.99
Workaholics:
  • Season 2 DVD - $12.99
  • Seasons 1 & 2 Blu-ray - $17.99
The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 2:
  • DVD - $26.99
Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete Eighth Season:
  • DVD - $26.99
Falling Skies: The Complete First Season:
  • DVD - $26.99
  • Blu-ray - $34.99
White Collar: The Complete Third Season:
  • DVD - $29.99
Save $10 when you buy both White Collar: Season 3 and Burn Notice: Season 5.
Burn Notice: Season Five:
  • DVD - $34.99
Joe Walsh: Analog Man:
  • Standard Edition CD - $9.99
  • Deluxe Edition with 2 bonus tracks, DVD and T-Shirt - $19.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
The Beatles: Yellow Submarine:
  • DVD - $13.99
  • Blu-ray - $17.99
Available Now:

Journey to the Center of the Earth:
  • DVD - $4.99
  • Blu-ray - $7.99
  • Blu-ray 3D (includes Blu-ray) - $19.99
Adele: Live At The Royal Albert Hall:
  • CD/DVD - $13.99
  • CD/Blu-ray - $19.99
$3.99 DVD:
  • Caddyshack
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • Gettysburg
  • Training Day
  • Gods and Generals
  • Gran Torino
$7.99 Blu-ray:
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Hot Tub Time Machine Unrated
  • The Boondock Saints
  • Step Brothers
  • Heat
  • I Am Legend
$9.99 DVD / $12.99 Blu-ray:
  • Limitless Unrated (Blu-ray includes Digital Copy)
  • X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray includes Digital Copy)
  • Fast Five Extended Edition (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • The Change-Up Unrated (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
$12.99 DVD / $17.99 Blu-ray:
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • The Ides of March (Blu-ray includes UltraViolet Digital Copy)
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Blu-ray includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy)
  • Tower Heist Special Edition (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
$9.99 Blu-ray SteelBooks:
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
  • The Hangover Part II
  • Batman Begins
Free The Dark Knight movie cash when you purchase Batman Begins or The Dark Knight Blu-ray SteelBook (up to $5 value; offer expires 8/5/12; The Dark Knight Rises in theaters 7/20/12).
  • The Dark Knight
  • The Book of Eli
  • Clash of the Titans (2010)
  • Goodfellas
  • Gran Torino
  • Green Lantern
  • The Hangover
  • Inception
  • The Last Samurai
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
  • The Matrix
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Sucker Punch
  • V for Vendetta
$19.99 TV on Blu-ray:
  • The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season
  • The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fourth Season
  • Fringe: The Complete Second Season
  • Fringe: The Complete Third Season
  • Planet Earth: The Complete Series
  • Smallville: The Complete Ninth Season
  • Smallville: The Complete Tenth Season
THANKS TO ANNIE CHU @ EXAMINER.COM

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Head up everyone!

Safe House Steelbook is G1 DVD size according to zeeex from eBay.[/QUOTE]No worries on my end, I could case less if it's G1 or G2 size.

I know some people have issues with G1 steelbooks for BRs, so it's good that you brought it up in advance.

the G1 DVD size kind of kills it for me.
I don't own any DVD steelbooks and having one G1 steelbook among a bunch of other G2 steelbooks kills the aesthetics of it all.

=(

[quote name='bestkeeper14']Just so everyone knows, I guarantee that they will restock Sunday! If they advertise it then they have to have stock... So my bet is there will be more out on Sunday with the ad[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? That absolutely is NOT true. Many many many retailers had the Touchpad in their advertisments weeks after it sold out due to the firesale. These adds are made weeks if not months in advance. If Best Buy didn't anticipate the demand for these steelbooks and they sell out prior to Sunday they do not have to legally have them for sale when the new sales start.

[quote name='fmwross2']Pic

I bought the two Batmans @ $14.99. Depending on what I'm going to trade in with the 100% bump I may get Hangover 1+2, Inception, V, Goodfellas, and really want The Matrix (looks awesome) but I just traded for the Digibook version with (I believe) the same disc inside (same thing with Shawshank, just traded for that digibook as well).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the pic

The question is...with the 100% TIV bonus and the Steelbook prices...when I go in on Sunday to readjust my prices, since they are most likely going to rering up the items anyways, can I ask CS to change my credit card payment I originally used to buy the steelbooks and used the gift card I'm going to get after trading in a few games? As well as the current gift card credit I currently have and a RZ reward cert?

My wife got me 5 of the 20 steelbooks earlier this week. When I saw they were going to be $9.99 I went back and got 12 more. The 12 were double dips but I figure if I can sell the plastic case ones for $3-$5 I'll be happy with that. I'll go back next week and get them all adjusted to $9.99.

The fact that Safe House is G1 is disappointing. I think I'll cancel that pre-order. Maybe they'll re-release it as G2 like they did with Green Lantern in this batch. One can hope!

got a couple questions if someone could help me with ...

i wonder if the transformers dark of the moon blu ray has any special features on it?
I have yet to get that movie because I heard they were going to re release a special edition with extra footage. What is the difference in g1 and g2 steelbooks?
Would I be able to purchase these as well as pre order the act or valor movie sunday online or would I have to be in the store for that? Thanks in advance

The nearest bestbuy for me is over an hour away :(

[quote name='GBAstar']What are you talking about? That absolutely is NOT true. Many many many retailers had the Touchpad in their advertisments weeks after it sold out due to the firesale. These adds are made weeks if not months in advance. If Best Buy didn't anticipate the demand for these steelbooks and they sell out prior to Sunday they do not have to legally have them for sale when the new sales start.[/QUOTE]

That isn't what I am saying, what I am saying is that when an ad like this comes out, we are told to leave some in the back/and or we get a shipment just with the ad about Wednesday the week before for the ad.... I can almost guarantee that there will be at least one of each on Sunday, most likely more, that's all... They won't be sold out completely because of the ad

[quote name='bestkeeper14']That isn't what I am saying, what I am saying is that when an ad like this comes out, we are told to leave some in the back/and or we get a shipment just with the ad about Wednesday the week before for the ad.... I can almost guarantee that there will be at least one of each on Sunday, most likely more, that's all... They won't be sold out completely because of the ad[/QUOTE]

We had a very vocal bb employee, from the gaming department none the less, post that he was confident the 100% TIV promotion was not going to happen. Assuming that is the status quo for BB employees how can you be sure stores would know to hold steelbooks for this weeks promotions when they didn't know about the trade in promotion, also featured in the ad?

Your explanation makes sense but it assumes that employees are going to be informed.

[quote name='GBAstar']We had a very vocal bb employee, from the gaming department none the less, post that he was confident the 100% TIV promotion was not going to happen. Assuming that is the status quo for BB employees how can you be sure stores would know to hold steelbooks for this weeks promotions when they didn't know about the trade in promotion, also featured in the ad?

Your explanation makes sense but it assumes that employees are going to be informed.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if we know, we usually get ad stuff on a pallet the Saturday before with Sunday's date on it.... Most employees dont know the ad... Stupid thing is the ad just sits In a room and at my store our manager would let us see it

[quote name='slowdive21']I didn't see any of these at my store. Are they o a special pallet or could they be sold out already?[/QUOTE]

They could be sold out but the two stores I go to had them on a special fathers day display.

Oops, wrong thread!

I can't decide whether I should pre-order The Tigger Movie or not. I enjoyed the last Winnie the Pooh movie but this previous entry doesn't look as exciting, especially for the price. Would anyone like to give their opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gojiboy']I can't decide whether I should pre-order The Tigger Movie or not. I enjoyed the last Winnie the Pooh movie but this previous entry doesn't look as exciting, especially for the price. Would anyone like to give their opinion?[/QUOTE]

It's a cute movie. I took my niece to see it in the theater when it came out in 2000 and me being a Winnie The Pooh, Tigger, and all things Disney fan I recommend it. It also has some good Sherman Bros. songs in it that give a more of a classic Disney feel.

I've read that they're supposed to be theatrical, but a few people are getting extended (I'm not sure if that's with all the LOTRs or just one of them) the same thing is happening with Sucker Punch, I believe.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Sucker Punch on bluray was only the extended version? Only way you can watch the theatrical version was on dvd.

Some of these are live online. No free shipping apparently? Damn I dont know if I should bite on these or not I already have like all of them on regular Blu.

link

Definitely getting Step Brothers, I'm in the process of getting every will ferrell good movie, i'd get breaking bad season 4 but im guessing they're going to come out with a complete series since season 5 is the last season and i wanna get the ultimate box set.

I'm thinking about the batman movies, but nah?

Are there reviews for the contents of these steelbooks as far as special features? They wouldn't happen to be just bare-bones movie titles only are they?

grrr, I guess I'm gonna get Clash of the Titans (b/c my wife likes it, and I'm sure she's going to make me buy 'Wrath..' when it comes out) and Goodfellas, b/c its the only one I can consider a double-dip on (have all the rest, but already have 2 DVD copies of Goodfellas, go figure)

damn....think I'm in for 12...really had no idea what I was in for looking at this this morning. Really disappointed on the Safe House Steel being G1. Hopefully the Sherlock Holmes one next week is G2

Looks like I'm going to have to cancel my Amazon pre-order for Breaking Bad Season 4 and just pick it up at Best Buy instead.

$24 is a damned good price for the blu-ray.

price adjusted just fine. The store i went to had pretty crappy selection so I just took the cash.

At my 2 most local BB, there is always about a 2:1 ratio of employees to customers

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Are there reviews for the contents of these steelbooks as far as special features? They wouldn't happen to be just bare-bones movie titles only are they?[/QUOTE]

It's the same as the previous Blus, it's just in a steelbook container.

[quote name='TheRock88']Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Sucker Punch on bluray was only the extended version? Only way you can watch the theatrical version was on dvd.[/QUOTE]

The BB Steelbook version is a single disc of just the extended version. The current standard case version is 2 BDs: one theatrical and one extended.

Previously there have been BD extended packs with 2BD, a theatrical-only DVD and a digital copy. You can buy theatrical on BD, but there's no way to see the extended cut on DVD. It's almost as confusing as the movie itself :)

I grabbed 6 more steelbooks to go with my Batman Begins and TDK (Hangover 1+2, Eli, Inception, Goodfellas, V). Also upgraded my Clockwork Orange to digibook (I can take back the vanilla still).

Just got back from Best Buy-
on the 30th I bought 10 movies, today I got back $54.05 and bought 5 more movies since I now had the cash and paid $54.
Not sure where that nickle went but dammit I made 5 cents on this trip lol.

Picked up Clash of the Titans, Inception, both Batmans, Book of Eli, both Hangovers. (All steelbooks of course) Also got Behind Enemy Lines and The Green Mile. Been looking for GM for a while.

[quote name='62t']so for people who did instore pickup last week how easy is it to price adjust?[/QUOTE]

1-888-BESTBUY

Press 4 and just tell the operator that you need to do a price adjustment for a .com (dot com) order. Just make sure you have your order number(s) when you call.

Picked up Planet Earth this afternoon. Traded in a few video games, and it didn't cost me a dime. What a steal. Thanks again CAGers! :applause:

I checked BB again today. not steelbooks. They do have some new cardboard 'book' versions of blurays that they didn't have in stock before.

bread's done
Back