Best Buy Ad 6/8-6/14

Konfusion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
93 (100%)
:ps4: :vita: Playstation 4 and PS Vita console Bundle (includes Borderlands 2 digital voucher and 8 GB card) - $559.98

:ps4: :xb1: Save $30 on Call of Duty: Ghosts with purchase of PS4 or XB1 console

:ps4: Bound By Flame - $39.99

:ps4: Infamous Second Son - $39.99

:ps4: :vita: :ps3: Playstation Plus 12 month card - $39.99

:xb1: Get $150 minimum toward a new Xbox One when you trade in select gaming consoles

Kinda hard for me to read the fine print on this, but it looks like you get a $50 coupon towards Xbox One when trading in "any working gaming console" plus a minimum $100 gift card when trading in a 250GB Xbox 360 or a Playstation 3 Slim.  Not available in all locations. Console must power on, not be damaged or have its warranty seal broken to be considered working. Condition, documentation, or accessories may affect value. Limit one coupon and trade in offer per person.

:xb1: Xbox One (No Kinect) - $399.99

:xb1: Titanfall - $44.99

:xb1: NBA 2k14 - $39.99

:xb1: Battlefield 4 - $39.99

:xb1: Forza 5 - $39.99

:xb1: Kinect Sports Rivals - $39.99

:xb1: Dead Rising 3 - $39.99

:xb1: Ryse - $39.99

:xb1: Wireless controller - $49.99

:xb1: MY BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE $20-$30 gift card with purchase of Turtle Beach XO4 or XO7 headset

Join Gamers Club Unlocked for only $60

Receive $10 in reward certificates when you preorder and purchase select games

Credit to bainbridge's_stache at Blu-ray.com

Last edited by a moderator:
On that kind of purchase though, you're talking $40 in savings, and he'd get that twice. $80 isn't nothing, it coudl be an extra game or two (if he got $0 games).
Yeah $40 in savings per console BUT $36 in taxes. It all depends on if you can buy tax free, if something like Fat wallet gives a % back on the sale or if you can buy giftcards at a reduced price. All of which usually means buying online is always cheaper.

There are times when it's cheaper to buy in store and there are times when buying online will be. I do both.

$80 isn't anything to scoff at, but if your paying $72 in tax (9%) then it's kind of mute as he'd be saving $4 per console + Reward pts.

All said, I bought a Wii U Mariokart 8 console yesterday with the 10% off coupon ($33 off) after flipping the MS Store B2G1 filler games (keeping the cream).

I have ordered and returned Second Son more than I care to admit.  Getting it for $31.99 through GCU seems like the sweetspot.

I had ordered Murdered Soul Suspect, but I am returning it.  No way am I paying full price for that.

Yeah $40 in savings per console BUT $36 in taxes. It all depends on if you can buy tax free, if something like Fat wallet gives a % back on the sale or if you can buy giftcards at a reduced price. All of which usually means buying online is always cheaper.

There are times when it's cheaper to buy in store and there are times when buying online will be. I do both.

$80 isn't anything to scoff at, but if your paying $72 in tax (9%) then it's kind of mute as he'd be saving $4 per console + Reward pts.

All said, I bought a Wii U Mariokart 8 console yesterday with the 10% off coupon ($33 off) after flipping the MS Store B2G1 filler games (keeping the cream).
I am not disagreeing with anything you say here... But it's "moot" not "mute"...

Sorry, pet peeve. I tried to ignore it, but I just couldn't... :)

I assume getting a Target to P/M the Ad and give you the 15.00 off is going to be YMMV. Or is it in their system that the 15.00 off automatically comes off the game?

I assume getting a Target to P/M the Ad and give you the 15.00 off is going to be YMMV. Or is it in their system that the 15.00 off automatically comes off the game?
The system has allowed it the last several times they've done deals like this. Last time though after a couple of days they sent out memos advising team members not to stack the offer. The memo slowed down the double dip significantly but didn't kill it; the system still allows it.

The PS4/Vita bundle is 2 separate SKUs, so doesn't look like an official bundle and I'm guessing you wouldn't get $56 off with a 10% coupon. Maybe $40 off.

I'm guessing if they had an official bundle to announce at E3, they wouldn't ruin the surprise by putting it in an ad that comes out days before the event.
The Sony pc is Monday, so it's only 1 day in advance. They (B&M stores) have let things out of the bag in the past.

edit: not saying it WILL happen but BB having it in the ad, doesn't discount it from happening.

This:

The system has allowed it the last several times they've done deals like this. Last time though after a couple of days they sent out memos advising team members not to stack the offer. The memo slowed down the double dip significantly but didn't kill it; the system still allows it.
It also helps to buy other random things so it's not as obvious that you're trying to stack a PM with the $15 off.

You also don't have to wait 5-8 days for shipping, or pay shipping charges (if applicable), if you buy online. Dealign with a bunch of "what if" scenarios is pointless when the person did not express a desire to explore those options, IMO. But, like you said, AT WORST, he saves $8, gets Rewards, and doesn't have to wait for shipping, so the online route is unlikely to provide any benefit.

So is the 60 dollar game club unlocked deal going to carry over to the 14th? Am I reading that right?  I ask because I'd rather buy it next Friday when I get paid.  I don't want to miss out on a deal if it's expiring tomorrow. Wasting 60 dollars on something frivolous mid paycheck isn't the best of ideas. 

The Sony pc is Monday, so it's only 1 day in advance. They (B&M stores) have let things out of the bag in the past.

edit: not saying it WILL happen but BB having it in the ad, doesn't discount it from happening.
They could very well announce an official bundle, but the 2 SKUs and the wording in the ad says this particular one is not official. The bundle leaked by a foreign Amazon site doesn't include a game and has no discount.

Anyone see this?

Best Buy E3 Sale: 30% off pre-orders of 3 or more titles

Right now Best Buy’s E3 web page doesn’t have anything that’s interesting but it should come this time next week.

A leaked flyer from a Best Buy ad in Canada (sorry the flyer is in French) suggests a crazy sale on upcoming releases for the week of E3.

The list of titles shows Smash Bros for Wii U, The Last of Us Remastered, Assassin’s Creed Unity, The Order, Pokemon for 3DS, Far Cry 4 and a few other titles. If consumers pre-order 3 or more of these titles they will get 30% off their retail price when they release.

It isn’t clear right now if the Gamer’s Club Unlocked 20% off will stack with this promotion, potentially marking the games down to 50% off at release.

As of now this ad has only been spotted in Canada but there’s a chance it takes place for the US too. Like I said, keep your eyes peeled on Best Buy’s E3 product page because they should be updating that page next week after E3 to show some E3 related deals like this.
http://gimmegimmegames.com/2014/06/best-buy-e3-sale-30-pre-orders-3-titles/

Too bad about the selection of games. SSB is the only of those I'd touch. Not getting a PS4 or 3DS, and I won't buy any more AC titles until there is a remastered collection on the One, so I can catch up on the story (if it's even worth it, at this point).

I suppose the hope is that they have deals on pre-orders for some of the other games we'll see at E3.

Some of those games listed for the E3 promotion already receive a $10 gift card for preorder as well. I have a hard time believing that BB will give that out and discount a brand new game 50 percent, but who knows?

Anyone know if Canada is offering the gift cards for preorders?

So is the 60 dollar game club unlocked deal going to carry over to the 14th? Am I reading that right? I ask because I'd rather buy it next Friday when I get paid. I don't want to miss out on a deal if it's expiring tomorrow. Wasting 60 dollars on something frivolous mid paycheck isn't the best of ideas.
It's going to last until July 5th.

I hope that Canada ad is true for U.S. as well...I already plan to preorder Far Cry 4 and Smash Bros but I would absolutely pick up TLOU remastered with this deal.

Yea the 15 dollars off thing with a price match is a YMMV thing. I remember I tried to get cod for 10 bucks (toyrus 25 - target 15) and the lady who did my deal said she had orders to not do these deals anymore. This was like 3 months ago tho.

I still have 6 months left on my PS+. If I buy the card does it stack on top of that? I thought I read before that it doesnt, but I could be wrong.

I went to Bestbuy, traded in an Xbox360 250 gig and received a $100 gift card as well as a $50 coupon that expires on 6/14.  Good times !!!!!!!!!

Thanks, OP. You save roughly $40 on that PS4+Vita bundle, FYI.

Boy, with the "GCU for $60" repeatedly coming back, maybe BBY should make that the normal price. :roll:
Maybe $60 was supposed to be the price and someone had an idea of the classic marketing tactic of "Let's double the price and constantly have it 50% off so people think 'wow, what a deal!' and buy more than they would other wise!"

Definitely worth the $30 I spent though, way better than the $15 for a year of PUR pro

I went to Bestbuy, traded in an Xbox360 250 gig and received a $100 gift card as well as a $50 coupon that expires on 6/14. Good times !!!!!!!!!
How did you get a 50$ coupon? Im going tomorrow.

Nm I see its towards xbox one, im just trading in 360 tomorrow cause 120$ is pretty good since i have 2 controllers as I haven't really played it since I got xbox one.

FYI guys, Tomb Raider PS4 is $40 ($32 GCU) this week apparently too.  Or a DotD?  I don't see it advertised anywhere, cheapest the game has been for retail disc yet.  Last time a price was even close was BB $36 with GCU when Infamous came out.

Maybe worth making a thread for?

Hmm, for BBY pre-orders, does it ship the day of release or do they arrive around release day?  I could do pick up, but that's like 45 minutes away...

Hmm, for BBY pre-orders, does it ship the day of release or do they arrive around release day? I could do pick up, but that's like 45 minutes away...
They ship the day of release possible the day before.

So if you want it on release day best to pick up.

You mean the consoles? I should get an idea soon, as my little brother wants to partake in this. If-possible, I will go with him when he does it and report back, if no one else does first. However, I imagine they either give you the gift card and the coupon and let you get the console, or they make you get the console and purchase it at Customer Service during the trade.

You mean the consoles? I should get an idea soon, as my little brother wants to partake in this. If-possible, I will go with him when he does it and report back, if no one else does first. However, I imagine they either give you the gift card and the coupon and let you get the console, or they make you get the console and purchase it at Customer Service during the trade.
Based on experience, it's more than likely that they'll just give you the gc and coupon and send you off.

Thank you good sir.

any chance id be able to trade in 2 consoles at different times to get 2 coupons and then use both towards a xbox one?

bread's done
Back