Best Buy Ad 6/8-6/14

Konfusion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
93 (100%)
:ps4: :vita: Playstation 4 and PS Vita console Bundle (includes Borderlands 2 digital voucher and 8 GB card) - $559.98

:ps4: :xb1: Save $30 on Call of Duty: Ghosts with purchase of PS4 or XB1 console

:ps4: Bound By Flame - $39.99

:ps4: Infamous Second Son - $39.99

:ps4: :vita: :ps3: Playstation Plus 12 month card - $39.99

:xb1: Get $150 minimum toward a new Xbox One when you trade in select gaming consoles

Kinda hard for me to read the fine print on this, but it looks like you get a $50 coupon towards Xbox One when trading in "any working gaming console" plus a minimum $100 gift card when trading in a 250GB Xbox 360 or a Playstation 3 Slim.  Not available in all locations. Console must power on, not be damaged or have its warranty seal broken to be considered working. Condition, documentation, or accessories may affect value. Limit one coupon and trade in offer per person.

:xb1: Xbox One (No Kinect) - $399.99

:xb1: Titanfall - $44.99

:xb1: NBA 2k14 - $39.99

:xb1: Battlefield 4 - $39.99

:xb1: Forza 5 - $39.99

:xb1: Kinect Sports Rivals - $39.99

:xb1: Dead Rising 3 - $39.99

:xb1: Ryse - $39.99

:xb1: Wireless controller - $49.99

:xb1: MY BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE $20-$30 gift card with purchase of Turtle Beach XO4 or XO7 headset

Join Gamers Club Unlocked for only $60

Receive $10 in reward certificates when you preorder and purchase select games

Credit to bainbridge's_stache at Blu-ray.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the buy 2, get 1 free in-store as well or online-only? I tried to ask an employee, but he was about as smart as a Best Buy employee...didn't ask a manager or a co-worker, didn't page anyone. Just a "probably online-only, I don't see a sign."

To top it off, after I thanked him, he said, "no problem, partner." He was probably in his early-to-mid 20s, had no accent, and we are in Springfield, IL. Why he turned into a cowboy at the end, I don't know.

any chance id be able to trade in 2 consoles at different times to get 2 coupons and then use both towards a xbox one?
I'd bet not. The likely scenario is that the system will only take one coupon. MAYBE the system is Target-quality and would let it take both, but I'd bet most clerks know it's supposed to be a 1:1 ratio and tell you no.

How does this deal work with pre-orders? I want the Destiny PS4 bundle

Would I have to fork over the full amount immediately to get the $50 bonus? Or could I just apply the $50 immediately, but pay the rest later?

edit: sorry got linked from another site, I guess Best Buy is doing the deal for XBOX and Gamestop for PS4?

Anyone know if you need cords for the trade-in? I have a PS3 Slim I don't use, but I don't know where the power cord is.

[quote name="mxtt" post="11832713" timestamp="1402453357"]Anyone know if you need cords for the trade-in? I have a PS3 Slim I don't use, but I don't know where the power cord is.[/quote]

You do need it

Could someone help me out here? Been browsing through sites, threads, and FAQs and haven't found my answer. I'm interesting in signing up for the Best Buy GCU but have a few questions. Who in the store do I talk to about signing up? Is it that area where I do the returns and exchanges are handled? Also, I read that when the program was introduced back in November, the 20% new games was only applicable to three games. Has that changed?

Could someone help me out here? Been browsing through sites, threads, and FAQs and haven't found my answer. I'm interesting in signing up for the Best Buy GCU but have a few questions. Who in the store do I talk to about signing up? Is it that area where I do the returns and exchanges are handled? Also, I read that when the program was introduced back in November, the 20% new games was only applicable to three games. Has that changed?
There should be cards for GCU membership in the video game department (at least that is where I found mine). You can take it up to any register and they will activate it to your My Best Buy account. The discount can only be applied to 3 copies of any given title regardless of platform (ex. 1 PS3 version and 2 Xbox 360 versions will be your max 3 copies) Trading is limited to 3 copies per platform per title (ex. 3 PS3 versions and 3 Xbox 360 versions will be your max traded in)

Be warned that you are able to purchase more than 3 of a given title with GCU but you will risk being banned if you do so.

There should be blue cards on the pegs in the gaming area. If not, ask someone at customer service.

The limit has always been 3 per title. Meaning you can buy Madden 25 on Xbox 360, PS3, and Xbox One. Buying it on a fourth system will work but risks getting banned from the program. Beyond that though you can use the discount as many times as you want as long as you don't go over that 3 per title limit.

There is no game limit mentioned in the terms and conditions. To buy it, just do like a normal purchase. I took it to the register, and the guy asked for the account I wanted to add it to, he scanned it, the computer added it, good to go.

Thank you all for your quick responses. I looked over the terms multiple times and, yes, no limit on how many discounts on new games was mentioned. The only time I saw it present was on the BB forum when it was introduced, though I figured maybe they made it more appealing since last holiday season. Since I'm not one to buy used titles or trade them in (I use Craigslist instead), it's difficult for me to see the perks of the program, especially when its MSRP is $120. I'm going to see if those cards are present and ask the store employees if I can really apply my discount to more than three games. I mean, what would stop the discount from being applied? Would BB's system know that you purchased a fourth game and then charge you the full price?

Edit: Oh wait, three of the same title meaning the same game? For some reason I've been reading it differently. So it won't matter if I buy let's say Destiny, Street Fighter IV Ultra, and Mario Kart 8? I get it now. Thanks! litepink's example really helped me comprehend.

Thank you all for your quick responses. I looked over the terms multiple times and, yes, no limit on how many discounts on new games was mentioned. The only time I saw it present was on the BB forum when it was introduced, though I figured maybe they made it more appealing since last holiday season. Since I'm not one to buy used titles or trade them in (I use Craigslist instead), it's difficult for me to see the perks of the program, especially when its MSRP is $120. I'm going to see if those cards are present and ask the store employees if I can really apply my discount to more than three games. I mean, what would stop the discount from being applied? Would BB's system know that you purchased a fourth game and then charge you the full price?

Edit: Oh wait, three of the same title meaning the same game? For some reason I've been reading it differently. So it won't matter if I buy let's say Destiny, Street Fighter IV Ultra, and Mario Kart 8? I get it now. Thanks! litepink's example really helped me comprehend.
Agreed, $120 was too much. At $60, and at the start of the generation, it's a steal. $12 off new games for 2 years, means 5 purchases of $60 titles makes it a break-even financially, ignoring any extra rewards points, the buy 2, get 1 free coupon, and other small perks you get. Over the next 2 years, I'll probably buy AT LEAST a dozen games at $60. I've got at least 11 in my head already, between the One and the Wii U. Plus, I put it on my dad's Best Buy account, so my little brothers will get 3DS game discounts.

next gen games are way OP still. They sell same games used at Gamefly for like 20-25
It depends. GameFly is cheaper per-game, but Best Buy is doing buy 2, get 1 free right now. That, and GameFly doesn't offer anything for Wii U, really. But, as a One owner, the comparison would be something like this to me:

GameFly:

NFS: Rivals = $28

Forza 5 = $30

Tomb Raider = $32

TOTAL = $80

Best Buy:

NFS Rivals = $45 (after GCU)

Forza 5 = $34.19 (after GCU)

Tomb Raider = FREE (after buy 2, get 1 free promo)

TOTAL: $79.19

But, if you want Wii U games (and I do right now), GameFly offers nothing. They don't offer SM3DW or Tropical Freeze, both of which I can get at Best Buy, pick a third used game for free, trade it back in for $20+, and save that when buying Mario Kart 8.

Here's another question I'd like to shoot out about GCU...

I'm pretty sure this is YMMV but would Best Buy tack on the GCU 20% discount to a game that is pricematched? For example, Mario Kart is $48.80 at Wal-Mart and Amazon today, so with the GCU + tax, it'd be a little over $40.

Hello,,2 things

so does this mean: I can get $150 for my ps3 250gb slim tomorrow?

also does this mean: if I wait to pre=order, GTA V and Far cry 4, but now I should add another game if its 30% off three...

however, what about

uKuLDAz.png

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/317780-best-buy-10-reward-cert-pre-order-promo-gta-v-far-cry-4-assassins-creed-unity-halo-5-guardians-sunset-overdrive-evolve-and-more/

do we get that too?

Also, PLEASE tell me when would be the best time to preorder, either if I get GTA V and  Far cry 4 or add a game?

thanks , if you want to PM me please do :)

thank you

Hello,,2 things

so does this mean: I can get $150 for my ps3 250gb slim tomorrow?

also does this mean: if I wait to pre=order, GTA V and Far cry 4, but now I should add another game if its 30% off three...

however, what about

uKuLDAz.png

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/317780-best-buy-10-reward-cert-pre-order-promo-gta-v-far-cry-4-assassins-creed-unity-halo-5-guardians-sunset-overdrive-evolve-and-more/

do we get that too?

Also, PLEASE tell me when would be the best time to preorder, either if I get GTA V and Far cry 4 or add a game?

thanks , if you want to PM me please do :)

thank you
Are you from canada? The 30% off 3 is canada only isn't it?

Agreed, $120 was too much. At $60, and at the start of the generation, it's a steal. $12 off new games for 2 years, means 5 purchases of $60 titles makes it a break-even financially, ignoring any extra rewards points, the buy 2, get 1 free coupon, and other small perks you get. Over the next 2 years, I'll probably buy AT LEAST a dozen games at $60. I've got at least 11 in my head already, between the One and the Wii U. Plus, I put it on my dad's Best Buy account, so my little brothers will get 3DS game discounts.

It depends. GameFly is cheaper per-game, but Best Buy is doing buy 2, get 1 free right now. That, and GameFly doesn't offer anything for Wii U, really. But, as a One owner, the comparison would be something like this to me:

GameFly:

NFS: Rivals = $28

Forza 5 = $30

Tomb Raider = $32

TOTAL = $80

Best Buy:

NFS Rivals = $45 (after GCU)

Forza 5 = $34.19 (after GCU)

Tomb Raider = FREE (after buy 2, get 1 free promo)

TOTAL: $79.19

But, if you want Wii U games (and I do right now), GameFly offers nothing. They don't offer SM3DW or Tropical Freeze, both of which I can get at Best Buy, pick a third used game for free, trade it back in for $20+, and save that when buying Mario Kart 8.
I wasnt talking about those i was talking about the Xbox One Exclusives like Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Forza 5. They have been on sale multiple times the sale im taking about ended they were 21.99 each not even including a 10% off total purchase at the time the sale was going on. If your including Best buys GCU price thats like 120 bucks for 2 years. You know how much it cost for a membership at gamefly lol. Its also free to buy games through gamefly without paying for an account. So add the whole total all 3 games is 80. then best buy 3 games is 79.19+120 GCU membership unless you got yours free is 199.19 for 3 games.

I wasnt talking about those i was talking about the Xbox One Exclusives like Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Forza 5. They have been on sale multiple times the sale im taking about ended they were 21.99 each not even including a 10% off total purchase at the time the sale was going on. If your including Best buys GCU price thats like 120 bucks for 2 years. You know how much it cost for a membership at gamefly lol. Its also free to buy games through gamefly without paying for an account. So add the whole total all 3 games is 80. then best buy 3 games is 79.19+120 GCU membership unless you got yours free is 199.19 for 3 games.
Except:

1. GCU is $60 right now.

2. I was buying (and already bought) GCU without this. It would not be an extra charge, it was a sunk cost. I got it as a 2-year investment towards the generation's swarm of new games that I want. The GCU membership was am investment for the 20% off new games. The 10% off used games and the buy 2, get 1 free were just icing on the cake.

Just went to Best Buy with my $199 black friday 160GB PS3 and got $150 for it.  They gave me a $100 gift card and a printed out coupon for $50 off a XBone.  I bought the kinect-less XBone and paid $350 plus tax and then applied the gift card to the payment.  Happy CAG here.

[quote name="Ledoux289" post="11837788" timestamp="1402605865"]Just went to Best Buy with my $199 black friday 160GB PS3 and got $150 for it. They gave me a $100 gift card and a printed out coupon for $50 off a XBone. I bought the kinect-less XBone and paid $350 plus tax and then applied the gift card to the payment. Happy CAG here.[/quote]

So you got $150 credit, plus another $100 gift card?

[quote name="Ledoux289" post="11837849" timestamp="1402606802"]No, just $100 gift card for the PS3 trade in and a coupon for $50 off a XBone.[/quote]

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification

It probably depends on the model. If it's just the black 4-GB console with a 320-GB HDD, you might get a few dollars more. If you give them a Halo 4 or Gears 3 console, maybe $20 more?

Has anyone actually done this trade-in yet? Do they make you purchase the One in the same trip, or do they just give you the coupon that says you have to purchase a One with it by a certain date (I assume Saturday)?

I ask because I have a friend online who wants to maybe do this, but his work schedule interferes, so he is going to send his mom to do the trade. However, she might not know what to do as far as a purchase is concerned, so he'd prefer if she could do the trade for the credit and coupon, then buy the One himself when he has free time.

Also, what kinds of prices are folks getting for their consoles? They say $150 minimum, but that's for a 250-GB black, I imagine. Does having a painted one like the 250-GB Reach or the 320-GB Halo 4 or Gears 3 net you more credit? My friend's got a Reach one.

Has anyone actually done this trade-in yet? Do they make you purchase the One in the same trip, or do they just give you the coupon that says you have to purchase a One with it by a certain date (I assume Saturday)?

I ask because I have a friend online who wants to maybe do this, but his work schedule interferes, so he is going to send his mom to do the trade. However, she might not know what to do as far as a purchase is concerned, so he'd prefer if she could do the trade for the credit and coupon, then buy the One himself when he has free time.

Also, what kinds of prices are folks getting for their consoles? They say $150 minimum, but that's for a 250-GB black, I imagine. Does having a painted one like the 250-GB Reach or the 320-GB Halo 4 or Gears 3 net you more credit? My friend's got a Reach one.
I did the trade-in but with a 250gb PS3. The $50 coupon has an expiration of 6/14. I also recommend that your friend try and get a best buy 10% movers coupon from the post office.

Go to the following link to get the price estimates for the difference models.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electronics-Promotions/Online-Trade-In/pcmcat133600050011.c?id=pcmcat133600050011&DCMP=rdr101887#catalog/product-families/gaming-hardware

Are those even accurate though? Like, they put some of the 250-GB and 320-GB slim models as low as $35 (I think for the MW3 model), and some are only $80, when they guarantee a MINIMUM of $100 for 250-GB and higher. Shoot, they have the Halo 4 model as $77 with with one controller, and I see that go for $150-200 on eBay regularly.

I was trying to get the answer last night while my friend was online, he's at work now. Still, thanks for the info, because I'm also trying to get my brother-in-law to accept that his 4-GB with sketchy wireless isn't worth keeping.

Are those even accurate though? Like, they put some of the 250-GB and 320-GB slim models as low as $35 (I think for the MW3 model), and some are only $80, when they guarantee a MINIMUM of $100 for 250-GB and higher. Shoot, they have the Halo 4 model as $77 with with one controller, and I see that go for $150-200 on eBay regularly.

I was trying to get the answer last night while my friend was online, he's at work now. Still, thanks for the info, because I'm also trying to get my brother-in-law to accept that his 4-GB with sketchy wireless isn't worth keeping.
Well from my research as long as the Xbox 360 is 250gb or more you will get the $100 GC and $50 coupon. The other option if you're trading in a 4GB is Gamestop which is doing a similar sale ($100 for 4GB or original/ $150 for 250GB or Higher) but for a PS4 and people have been returning the PS4 right away for an Xbone.

Well from my research as long as the Xbox 360 is 250gb or more you will get the $100 GC and $50 coupon. The other option if you're trading in a 4GB is Gamestop which is doing a similar sale ($100 for 4GB or original/ $150 for 250GB or Higher) but for a PS4 and people have been returning the PS4 right away for an Xbone.
See, that it's what I don't get. If you are only guaranteed a $50 coupon for the console, and it is valued at $77 on the site, would they give you the $77 AND three coupon or give you a $27 got card and the coupon? It makes no sense.

Best Buy trade-in website updated with the 50% bonus but haven't updated the base values yet.

I wonder if the two stores in Hawaii get massive trade-ins at this time of night.

Has anyone been watching E3 at all. It makes me laugh how much they lie about their products every year. I bet 90% of every new game coming out this year will be on next gen systems and the older generation systems besides console exclusives such as halo gears ect regardless what they claim or say.

Has anyone been watching E3 at all. It makes me laugh how much they lie about their products every year. I bet 90% of every new game coming out this year will be on next gen systems and the older generation systems besides console exclusives such as halo gears ect regardless what they claim or say.
Since we're in a transition period, yes, that's exactly what's going to happen. No one has really said otherwise.

bread's done
Back