Best Buy ad 8/1 to 8/7

Envel

CAGiversary!
Free $5 Cinemanow gift card (for use at BestBuy.com/CinemaNow) with purchase of Kick Ass on Blu-Ray $22.99

Free Lost Artifacts Book when you pre-order the Best Buy Exclusive Lost: The Final Season Blu-ray or DVD (it includes an exclusive bonus disc) in store or at Bestbuy.com

The LOST Artifacts book contains detailed information and images of key items from the LOST universe

:br: 19.99 each - Savings of $10

Percy Jackson & The Olympians
Hot Tub Time Machine
Bounty Hunter
Shutter Island
She's Out Of My League
Green Zone
Wolfman
From Paris With Love

:br: 12.99 each

The Hangover
Law Abiding Citizen
The Crazies
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Brooklyn's Finest
Wall Street
The Men Who Stare at Goats
We Own the Night
Terminator Salvation
Paul Blart Mall Cop
Watchmen

:br: 7.99 each

Righteous Kill
Resident Evil Extinction
Natural Born Killer
Domino
Unforgiven
Rush Hour 3
Lord of War
Any Given Sunday
Aviator
Traitor

:dvd: 9.99 each

The Dark Knight
The Men Who Stare at Goats
Terminator Salvation
Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaur
Watchmen
Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Final Destination
Michael Jackson's This Is It
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
Crazy Heart
Alvin & The Chipmunks The Squeakquel
Legion

:dvd: 3.99 each

Batman
21 Grams
Wedding Crashers
The Shawshank Redemption
Cape Fear
Lord of War
Memento
Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
Million Dollar Baby
Semi-Pro
The Fifth Element

The ad says there will be more in store.

These have also been reported:

:br: $12.99 each

The Final Desination
Ong Bak
The Slammon' Salmon
Other Harry Potter Movies
Clash of the Titans (Original)

:br: $7.99 each

2001: A Space Odessey
Perfect Storm
Monster Squad
Cujo
Taking Lives
Ninja
Old School
Mystic River
Kick Boxer
Varsity Blues
Observe and Report
True Romance
Robin Hood
Yes Man
History of Violence
Speed Racer
Dragon Wars
Letters from Iwo Jima
We Were Soldiers
Punisher
Million Dollar Baby
Unforgiven

Last edited by a moderator:
nice my 10$ gift card from buying starcraft 2 kicked in on my reward zone account today, looks like im getting the crazies for 2.99 :applause:

In for The Crazies and probably Wolfman...the fact that the blu-ray edition includes the original Lon Chaney film is steering me towards grabbing it.

[quote name='strife01104']Does them Blu version of Terminator Salvation include Director's Cut?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does.

The 40% off coupon did not apply automatically, but the manager over rode it after I pointed out that the coupon did not say anything about "not valid on sale items." Walked out with two The Crazies and Brooklyn's Finest for $7.80 each plus tax.

There were more movies for the $12.99 list and the $7.99 list at my BB.

Tons of other unadvertised movies, hopefully the OP can update in case if any unknowing CAG's who wanted any of these instead of the other ones. Prices are Online too.

FYI, when they rung The Slammon Salmon it rung up something else, so be sure to be attentive when checking out.

$12.99
The Final Desination
Ong Bak
The Slammon' Salmon

Is there a way to get the 40% off coupon sent to your phone through text? When I texted the RZ thingy it tells me to go to a URL for the coupon but I don't have internet on my phone.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']No I pre-ordered it online. Sorry for the confusion[/QUOTE]

ha! no it's all good, I was gonna say good job on finding a BB that ignored street date..:)

[quote name='skiizim']There were more movies for the $12.99 list and the $7.99 list at my BB.

Tons of other unadvertised movies, hopefully the OP can update in case if any unknowing CAG's who wanted any of these instead of the other ones. Prices are Online too.

FYI, when they rung The Slammon Salmon it rung up something else, so be sure to be attentive when checking out.

$12.99
The Final Desination
Ong Bak
The Slammon' Salmon

[quote name='Disneyboy']The 40% off coupon did not apply automatically, but the manager over rode it after I pointed out that the coupon did not say anything about "not valid on sale items." Walked out with two The Crazies and Brooklyn's Finest for $7.80 each plus tax.[/QUOTE]

So the 40% off applied to all movies you bought?

Spent a hell of alot of money in there today. I was lucky enough to score the Batman: Under the Red Hood blu-ray for 6.99 with that glitch, then I bought a bunch of other stuff....grabbed Saw 2, Semi-Pro, and Shoot Em Up from the 3.99 DVD bargain bin, grabbed the Crazies Blu for 12.99 and Wolverine Origins Blu for 13.99 and then splurged a bit and picked up Wolfman for 19.99. I know the price on Wolfman will drop, probably soon, but I wanted to watch it this weekend.

Used the Premier Silver coupon and walked out with The Crazies, The Men Who Stare at Goats, and Law Abiding Citizen for around $24 total.

This has nothing to do with this promotion, but all Harry Potter blu-rays are on sale for 12.99 @ BB.com right now as part of the summer sale. Just thought I'd throw that out here for anyone shopping on the website anyway.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Amazon has Natural Born Killers Director's Cut for $13.
Anyone here seen both of these blu-rays? Was the quality much improved with the DC version?

I'm still unsure which one to get…[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has it for $7.99. Even though the website does not say Director's Cut on it, that is what was given to me.

Thanks. I just picked up 2001: Space Odyssey. I'm not sure if they have a list in the store, but I'm glad I checked the list here and knew which ones are on sale.

[quote name='skiizim']There were more movies for the $12.99 list and the $7.99 list at my BB.

$12.99
The Final Desination
Ong Bak
The Slammon' Salmon

[quote name='snausages']Best Buy has it for $7.99. Even though the website does not say Director's Cut on it, that is what was given to me.[/QUOTE]

Good to know since the website is showing the first, standard edition as the sale price. I'll have to take a stroll and see what I can find.
Last time I saw this was on VHS…

Got The Men Who Stare at Goats, Law Abiding Citizen, and The Crazies. Coupon had to be overriden. After they got over the shock that I had a coupon on my phone, everything went fine.

BTW, has anyone noticed if any of the Blu-Rays have movie cash on them for The Good Guys/Salt? Especially if I can get a 7.99 one, that'd be cool. Just need one more ticket to see The Good Guys with my girlfriend. :D

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Got The Men Who Stare at Goats, Law Abiding Citizen, and The Crazies. Coupon had to be overriden. After they got over the shock that I had a coupon on my phone, everything went fine.

BTW, has anyone noticed if any of the Blu-Rays have movie cash on them for The Good Guys/Salt? Especially if I can get a 7.99 one, that'd be cool. Just need one more ticket to see The Good Guys with my girlfriend. :D[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I seen movie cash attached to "The Aviator", it might have been for "Inception" only though.

Thank you to the guy that posted the expanded list a page back.

I bought both Natural Born Killers ($9.99) and Observe & Report ($12.99) within the last couple of weeks. I knew about the drop on NBK, but not Observe and Report. Looks like I'm going to be getting 7 bucks back!

How'd you guys get the coupon to be overridden? I tried twice, and both times they pointed to the "in-store offer may vary" line. I swear BB does this shit on purpose. There's no way its a coincidence that practically every time they have a coupon, they have it go on sale to void the coupon. Its just their way of conning customers in.

the new Rambo Director's cut or extended cut is $10 at Best Buy
idk if this was mentioned before sorry if im reposting

Awesome week, I just hope I enjoy these movies. Grabbed the Crazies and Brooklyn's Finest, showed the cashier my phone, she called for an override, which the guy did no problem, and got both for 7.79 each plus tax. The supervisor only checked the dates to make sure it was valid, but never mentioned anything about looking for those dreaded "not valid on sale price" lines, even though this one didn't say that. I did it at the Evanston, IL store, btw, which ALWAYS has awesome service for me as far as price matching, coupons, and even bundle discount haggling when I bought my TV/home theater system. Unfortunately, the store is further than other stores I usually go to that aren't always so nice.

[quote name='joker______']the new Rambo Director's cut or extended cut is $10 at Best Buy
idk if this was mentioned before sorry if im reposting[/QUOTE]

I went to grab it today and it was $20

[quote name='Deadpool']I went to grab it today and it was $20[/QUOTE]

As in marked at $20 or scanned at $20?

Either way, it's $9.99 on their site, so you can just PM it at customer service.

[quote name='SLeeK719']I'm pretty sure I seen movie cash attached to "The Aviator", it might have been for "Inception" only though.[/QUOTE]
Really? I would like to see that movie too... hmmm and it's 7.99. Wonder if I could craigslist a second copy of The Aviator for like 5 bucks.

EDIT: And omfg director's cut of Rambo, had no idea it existed, must have it.

EDIT: At a previous BB trip, I passed up Observe and Report. Then I went to another Best Buy to pick up Rambo and saw Observe and Report in its slipcover. Instant sell for me. Is that pathetic that a slipcover pushed me over the edge to buy it?

[quote name='Gears24']Hmm bought Kick-Ass on Blu-Ray but didnt get the $5 card do you only get it online?[/QUOTE]
You should have gotten it at the store. When I bought mine, the cashier had no idea what I was talking about, and told me they were out of the cards. When I showed her the ad, she called someone and found out she had to go find one. This is Best Buy we're talking about.

I don't think I've seen anyone who said for sure in any of the threads, but if you are not a Reward Zone Silver member, you will need an override. I needed one when I got the Crazies and Brooklyn's Finest.

My dad also bought a copy of Brooklyn's Finest, and he said some message about being a silver member popped up, but the cashier had removed it by the time the manager showed up. I never saw such a pop-up, but just a word of warning to you all.

Just got back and couldn't get the 40off crazies/law abiding citizen. Cashier asked for help on using the code, got it on the register but it didn't do the math. Mgr shows up and couldn't figure out why it didn't work. Simply said "all I can think of is that those titles are already on sale".

They looked at the phone and I pointed out that the coupon doesn't mention not working with sale items, etc.

No dice.

I'm not a silver member which is why the coupon didn't do the math (I'm assuming) but not because they pointed out that detail. Oh well. My track record with cag deals at bb is going to negative as of late. YMMV used to go in my favor. My charm has worn off I suppose.

bread's done
Back