Best Buy Back to School Deals: 7/28/13-8/3/13 (God of War Ascension $20, Ni No Kuni $20, NFS: Most Wanted $15, NFL 13 $15)

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Best Buy Back to School Deals - Main Page - 7/28/13-8/3/13
Add to cart to see sale price
:ps3: God of War: Ascension $19.99
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch $19.99
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3- PlayStation 3 $19.99 ($9.99 after $10 off @gamer coupon)
:360: :ps3: Need for Speed Most Wanted $14.99
:360: :ps3: NFL 13 $14.99
:psp: :3ds: LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey $19.99
:3ds: Project X Zone $29.99
Video Game Deals - Best Buy Back to School Deals

Previous Week
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_&_dynSessConf=-8390886715918903930&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=GL_BTS_Video_Games_20130721&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&fs=&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Skylanders: Giants Portal Owners Pack - Nintendo 3DS $19.99
Nintendo Land $17.99
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 $19.99 *Wii U*
Tomb Raider $29.99
Battlefield 3 Premium $29.99
Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition - Nintendo Wii $7.99
LEGO Star Wars III — Play & Collect Limited Exclusive Edition - Nintendo DS $11.99
Crosswords Plus - Nintendo 3DS $4.99
Pokémon Conquest - Nintendo DS $14.99
Steel Diver - Nintendo 3DS $4.99
Family Party: 30 Great Games — Obstacle Arcade - Nintendo Wii U $7.99
$20 PlayStation Network Card and 3-Month PlayStation Plus Subscription Bundle $27.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, I get they PM BestBuy, but I've never done a BB.com PM from Target especially on an item that BB.com lists as OoS and no BBs near me have any copies of. Like is it just a crap shoot if they will do it or do I have to do something specific to get them to PM it?
Every Best Buy in Southeast Wisconsin was already sold out by the time I saw this Monday evening. In fact, every Target except for one was also already sold out. I called the one Target that had a copy online and they were willing to hold it for me. I swung by yesterday and no trouble price matching it. The customer service rep just asked me to show him the price on Bestbuy.com on my phone and he quickly matched it without any further questions. Thanks for the tips, guys! I look forward to finally playing this!

my backordered kirby shipped today. hooray for not being canceled!
Ironic, because for mine that was supposed to arrived July 23-24th I just received a backorder notification... How it is that Best Buy always does these kind of things? Not talking to you directly breakingcustoms, but looking through this thread there are people who ordered a copy when it became available again for shipping who have already received shipping confirmations, yet the copy I ordered not even 5 minutes after this thread was created is now back ordered. I knew I should have ordered an extra copy for in-store pickup just in case, oh well. Logic dictates that Best Buy would fulfills these orders based on when the order is placed, but apparently there isn't any kind of specific order to which they fulfill these orders.

Well this is interesting.. Order a Kirby within the first 30 mins of it being live and never received a shipping confirmation or a backordered email. I come home today to find it has arrived and just now received a shipping confirmation for it lol

Well this is interesting.. Order a Kirby within the first 30 mins of it being live and never received a shipping confirmation or a backordered email. I come home today to find it has arrived and just now received a shipping confirmation for it lol
Surprise! :lol:

I saw Amazon matched Crosswords so I picked up a copy there with credit.
Looks like it's sold out now, but might be worth keeping an eye on if you'd rather shop there.

:whee:

Yeah...

So of course every single Best Buy within a 100+ mile radius had all been raided as expected, :lol:. not a Kirby Dream Collection in sight  :lol:. took a Best Buy ad and headed next door over to Target to try my luck there. they had a few copies in stock. took just one up to CS for a BB PM. of course... we have to pull out the big old iPad to check and then i had to deal with the classic "let me go check with my manager since it's OOS at BB"... :censored:

After waiting like 5-7 minutes she comes back. i'm thinking "oh boy.. here we go... :headache: ". after she started hitting keys on the register there was this sigh of relief, lol. "It'll be $8.63 sir!"... :shock:. paid and got the hell out of there as quickly as possible :rofl:. deal for Kirby is insane. for what you get with the entire package this easily beats the free Tank! Tank! Tank! deal a week or so back!. awsome!

:bow:

I got my Kirby in the mail today, It came in a bubble mailer so the corners were a little messed up. Oh well, for 8 bucks I can't complain.

I'm going to try to price match Kirby tomorrow at Target, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I just want you CAGs that managed to score a copy for yourselves to know that I am horribly jealous.

I price matched at Target as well. All 4 people that were needed for the override were visibly upset by the price difference but fuck em.
Lol. The last time I price matched something from Best Buy at Target here, the customer service guy asked me the BB sale price, punched it in, literally said "I'd rather eat the difference than deal with our tablet and wifi.", and just rang it up. It was pretty awesome.

Seriously, what is with my luck with shipping lately.  Things are either showing up crushed or being forgotten and facilities by the carriers.  Just checked my Kirby since the mail carrier just pulled up to see if it's on the truck and it says that it got taken to a city that's about an hour away and is "Undeliverable as Addressed" despite the address on the order being correct.

Just looked at some other packages from Amazon and they're updating from the future... bet this trend's going to continue for me.

:whee:

Yeah...

So of course every single Best Buy within a 100+ mile radius had all been raided as expected, :lol:. not a Kirby Dream Collection in sight :lol:. took a Best Buy ad and headed next door over to Target to try my luck there. they had a few copies in stock. took just one up to CS for a BB PM. of course... we have to pull out the big old iPad to check and then i had to deal with the classic "let me go check with my manager since it's OOS at BB"... :censored:

After waiting like 5-7 minutes she comes back. i'm thinking "oh boy.. here we go... :headache: ". after she started hitting keys on the register there was this sigh of relief, lol. "It'll be $8.63 sir!"... :shock:. paid and got the hell out of there as quickly as possible :rofl:. deal for Kirby is insane. for what you get with the entire package this easily beats the free Tank! Tank! Tank! deal a week or so back!. awsome!

:bow:
I got Tank! Tank! Tank! free by a fellow CAG member who gave me their coupon code, and my boyfriend price matched Kirby since he works there, it was no problem!

Clean them all out!

I got Style Savvy Trendsetters yesterday after receiving a backordered email. I should be getting Crosswords soon.  

When I tried to order online; apparently I could only pick up on store. Every store was sold out in a 50 mile radius...

I saw this go live Sunday morning while at comic-con. I rushed over to the nearest BB to be (not) disappointed at them being out of stock of Kirby! Fortunately, there was a target next store, to which they had 3 left in stock.

Needless to say, the CS reps did not seem to happen at the price difference. She even tried to tell me that the price on BB.com was $29.99, which is the price for a pre owned copy. After much deliberation and obviously angry gripping on her store Ipad, she rung me up for $7.99.

The game is just as amazing as the price. Gotta love price matching and gotta hate how everything sells out within minutes of something dropping in price at BB!

Needless to say, the CS reps did not seem to happy at the price difference. She even tried to tell me that the price on BB.com was $29.99, which is the price for a pre owned copy. After much deliberation and obviously angry gripping on her store Ipad, she rung me up for $7.99.
This was my exact experience other than she tried to indicate it was an online price only and that it was sold out online (but showed local stock). Took a bit of time but got it price matched. It was the last one in the store. Will be keeping it.

I got Tank! Tank! Tank! free by a fellow CAG member who gave me their coupon code, and my boyfriend price matched Kirby since he works there, it was no problem!

Clean them all out!
Wow, that's pretty awsome. some good people out there trying to help others is always refreshing to hear about! :). glad everything worked out for you the way it did. you can't beat these deals! haha. i still can't believe a collection of this magnitude dropped to $8 brand new. amazing amount of content!. the soundtrack CD is my favorite part.. and the booklet! :D.

Very doubtful, but hold that hope! Lol...

Very doubtful, but hold that hope! Lol...
Yeah, i don't even know about this one. this collection was massed produced MUCH MUCH more than the likes of say Metroid Prime Trilogy and even the Super Mario All-Stars Wii LE box set, which was actually pressed twice. i got a Super Mario All-Stars Wii LE on launch day but missed out on Metroid Prime Trilogy, which i still to this day cannot find anywhere. i ALWAYS see Kirby's Dream Collection everywhere i go though. i buy my games to play so i'm not worried about re-selling. now IF it went for like $200 or something later on... ;).

is the artbook and slipcase for kirby required when trading into amazon?

My backorder Kirby has been canceled:

"Unfortunately the item below is still on backorder and remains out of stock. Because we no longer have an expected shipment date, we have canceled your order. 

To make things right for you, we're offering a special discount on your next BestBuy.com order. Look for this email within the next two business days."

Thank you for this deal! Was able to price match Kirby at Target. I also bought Fire Emblem Awakening at the same time for the Fire Emblem/Shin Megami Tensei $30 promotion which probably helped alleviate suspicion that Best Buy's website said out of stock.

I might just sell my Kirby Dream Collection on Amazon. I'd rather play the game on Wii U Gamepad and not Wii. Sigh.

Same with Black Ops II, Ghosts just got announced for Wii U (yay). Might flip it or something. :/

If anyone wants a copy of Kirby, I'm willing to sell mine for price + shipping + gas to and from in the form of a Best Buy or Amazon gift card. PM me. I will ship out tmrw, Friday.

Bought steel diver for the 3ds but couldn't find kirby so I asked the associate and said they had one in a different store. Payed through that BB and will pick it up tomorrow at the other. Not bad for $8.

I dont think kirby collection will be worth anything down the line,eventually nintendo will just make another collection, 

If anyone wants a copy of Kirby, I'm willing to sell mine for price + shipping + gas to and from in the form of a Best Buy or Amazon gift card. PM me. I will ship out tmrw, Friday.
PM'd. If he doesn't have his available anymore, I'm still in the market for a copy if another CAG has a spare. Thanks for any help. :D

Yeah my backorder was also cancelled. Still think its fubar that I ordered my copy a few minutes after this thread was posted and I somehow didn't get one.

bread's done
Back