Best Buy Back to School Deals: 7/28/13-8/3/13 (God of War Ascension $20, Ni No Kuni $20, NFS: Most Wanted $15, NFL 13 $15)

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Best Buy Back to School Deals - Main Page - 7/28/13-8/3/13
Add to cart to see sale price
:ps3: God of War: Ascension $19.99
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch $19.99
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3- PlayStation 3 $19.99 ($9.99 after $10 off @gamer coupon)
:360: :ps3: Need for Speed Most Wanted $14.99
:360: :ps3: NFL 13 $14.99
:psp: :3ds: LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey $19.99
:3ds: Project X Zone $29.99
Video Game Deals - Best Buy Back to School Deals

Previous Week
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_&_dynSessConf=-8390886715918903930&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=GL_BTS_Video_Games_20130721&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&fs=&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Skylanders: Giants Portal Owners Pack - Nintendo 3DS $19.99
Nintendo Land $17.99
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 $19.99 *Wii U*
Tomb Raider $29.99
Battlefield 3 Premium $29.99
Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition - Nintendo Wii $7.99
LEGO Star Wars III — Play & Collect Limited Exclusive Edition - Nintendo DS $11.99
Crosswords Plus - Nintendo 3DS $4.99
Pokémon Conquest - Nintendo DS $14.99
Steel Diver - Nintendo 3DS $4.99
Family Party: 30 Great Games — Obstacle Arcade - Nintendo Wii U $7.99
$20 PlayStation Network Card and 3-Month PlayStation Plus Subscription Bundle $27.99

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have the chance, you should run to Best Buy and see if you can exchange it for the LE. I wasn't even aware that a standard version of Project X Zone was out yet, as every store that has the game has a large stock of the limited edition. It is worth a shot.
That's a good idea, but there isn't a Best Buy that's extremely close to me that's showing it in stock. I know the Target near me still has the LE, but it's still $39.99. Therefore, the Best Buy deal might not have been a sale. It might have been the new regular price for the standard edition. I'm kind of surprised that the game sold well enough to be printed again in a standard edition since it's more or less a hardcore gamer's type of game and not one that the mainstream gamers would be pick up.

If you have the chance, you should run to Best Buy and see if you can exchange it for the LE. I wasn't even aware that a standard version of Project X Zone was out yet, as every store that has the game has a large stock of the limited edition. It is worth a shot.
Great idea i definately should try that. i was looking forward to the extra goodies. im a sucker for those extra stuff lol thanks again guys for all the suggesions. love this community :)

That's a good idea, but there isn't a Best Buy that's extremely close to me that's showing it in stock. I know the Target near me still has the LE, but it's still $39.99. Therefore, the Best Buy deal might not have been a sale. It might have been the new regular price for the standard edition. I'm kind of surprised that the game sold well enough to be printed again in a standard edition since it's more or less a hardcore gamer's type of game and not one that the mainstream gamers would be pick up.
Probably had a small first printing, demand was higher then supply, so non se edition was printed.

Need for Speed help. :)

I must say this is the first NFS game I'm stuck on. How do you guys win the medium and hard races? The AI is so fast, it's not even funny. Pretty much, 1 minor mistake from the player = race lost. Am I supposed to do something to upgrade my cars? Can't even win the 1st Most Wanted car. lol

Need for Speed help. :)

I must say this is the first NFS game I'm stuck on. How do you guys win the medium and hard races? The AI is so fast, it's not even funny. Pretty much, 1 minor mistake from the player = race lost. Am I supposed to do something to upgrade my cars? Can't even win the 1st Most Wanted car. lol
First off find other cars and find one you feel comfortable with. Once you do that do the easy races first to unlock off-road tires & nitrous. Each race tells you what you get for coming in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. After winning the race it will ask if you would like to apply the upgrades or you can do it anytime by pressing right on the d-pad and going to customize car.

Whichever car you unlock the upgrades for is the only one you can use it on. If you want to use upgrades on a different car you need to go win that race again.

I beat the game [beating all 10 cars] with minimal upgrades. It's really not that hard once you get the controls down and find a car you can control well.

But yes, you're right. Sometimes one mistake and you can lose the race but if it's still early on in the race you can easily catch back up [assuming it's not one of those ridiculously short races] and occasionally your opponent or opponents will crash as well.

First off find other cars and find one you feel comfortable with. Once you do that do the easy races first to unlock off-road tires & nitrous. Each race tells you what you get for coming in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. After winning the race it will ask if you would like to apply the upgrades or you can do it anytime by pressing right on the d-pad and going to customize car.

Whichever car you unlock the upgrades for is the only one you can use it on. If you want to use upgrades on a different car you need to go win that race again.

I beat the game [beating all 10 cars] with minimal upgrades. It's really not that hard once you get the controls down and find a car you can control well.

But yes, you're right. Sometimes one mistake and you can lose the race but if it's still early on in the race you can easily catch back up [assuming it's not one of those ridiculously short races] and occasionally your opponent or opponents will crash as well.

Thanks for the tip; will try it out. Btw, which view you race in? There are only 2 and none of them is over the hood or in-car view which are my preferred views.

Anyone think it's worth it to email best buy to complain about not receiving the Project X Zone Limited Edition? I really wanted it :(
if you really want the limited edition, it is best to try to exchange it in store if you can find it.

Received both Ni No Kuni and NFS: Most Wanted.  Most Wanted isn't the LE version...that's OK.  Great price for a game I've been wanting to play, so I can't complain.

What I find really awesome is that even though both games arrived separately...each came in its own box with that big bubble bag stuffing.  That's what I love about buying online at Best Buy....they know how to package an item!  Not once have I ever received a game from them in the mail with any kind of damage or even the disc dislodged from the holder within the case. 

The extra care they take in packaging saves them furthers costs of a return, processing, etc.  And saves me the time and headache.

bread's done
Back