Best Buy Back to School Deals: 7/28/13-8/3/13 (God of War Ascension $20, Ni No Kuni $20, NFS: Most Wanted $15, NFL 13 $15)

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Best Buy Back to School Deals - Main Page - 7/28/13-8/3/13
Add to cart to see sale price
:ps3: God of War: Ascension $19.99
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch $19.99
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3- PlayStation 3 $19.99 ($9.99 after $10 off @gamer coupon)
:360: :ps3: Need for Speed Most Wanted $14.99
:360: :ps3: NFL 13 $14.99
:psp: :3ds: LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey $19.99
:3ds: Project X Zone $29.99
Video Game Deals - Best Buy Back to School Deals

Previous Week
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_&_dynSessConf=-8390886715918903930&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=GL_BTS_Video_Games_20130721&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&fs=&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Skylanders: Giants Portal Owners Pack - Nintendo 3DS $19.99
Nintendo Land $17.99
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 $19.99 *Wii U*
Tomb Raider $29.99
Battlefield 3 Premium $29.99
Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition - Nintendo Wii $7.99
LEGO Star Wars III — Play & Collect Limited Exclusive Edition - Nintendo DS $11.99
Crosswords Plus - Nintendo 3DS $4.99
Pokémon Conquest - Nintendo DS $14.99
Steel Diver - Nintendo 3DS $4.99
Family Party: 30 Great Games — Obstacle Arcade - Nintendo Wii U $7.99
$20 PlayStation Network Card and 3-Month PlayStation Plus Subscription Bundle $27.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks and damn. I want the platinum so i guess I better pay the extra few bucks and get the new copy.
Yeah that's probably your best bet, I did a little bit of digging on the ps3trophies forums for the games and it doesn't look like there's any way around the Online Pass for that one damn trophy.

Yeah that's probably your best bet, I did a little bit of digging on the ps3trophies forums for the games and it doesn't look like there's any way around the Online Pass for that one damn trophy.
They probably do it purposely so people buy new or buy the pass. Trophies/achievements means money to developers now lol.

Need for Speed Most Wanted Vita SKU: 5744082 is $19.99. You may want to add that to the op.

Also, here are 12 rewardzone points. Enjoy.

www.audiencerewards.com/bestbuy/trivia.cfm

True or False? The original first act of The Phantom of the Opera was presented at Andrew Lloyd Webber's home.
True

What is the last song of Act I in Jersey Boys?
Walk Like a Man

The Wicked backstage tour, Behind the Emerald Curtain, was formed by a man who played what role in the original Broadway company?
The Witch's Father

How many dogs are in the cast of the current Broadway Annie revival?

Who directed Once on Broadway?
John Tiffany

True or False? The song "Rock of Ages" is not featured in the musical of the same name.
True

Anyone in NYC able to snag a ni no Kuni for me? I can meet anywhere between Chinatown and Midtown for payment.

I already checked 62 and Broadway as well as Bryant Park. Both are done.

Thanks and good hunting friends.

How would one price match at Target? Do I just get the game and tell them I want it price matched from bestbuy. :3

Yep. That easy.

Guys, what do you think the odds of Ni No Kuni dropping below $20 in the future, or pulling an Xenoblade and becoming hard to find?  I do really want the game, and $20 sounds like a great price, but with my backlog as large as it is I doubt I'd get to it anytime before 2014.  I'm willing to nab it at $20 if there's a chance it'll go OoS everywhere, or I'll end up paying over $20, but otherwise I'm leaning towards waiting.

Guys, what do you think the odds of Ni No Kuni dropping below $20 in the future, or pulling an Xenoblade and becoming hard to find? I do really want the game, and $20 sounds like a great price, but with my backlog as large as it is I doubt I'd get to it anytime before 2014. I'm willing to nab it at $20 if there's a chance it'll go OoS everywhere, or I'll end up paying over $20, but otherwise I'm leaning towards waiting.
If you want it just to collect... I doubt it will appreciate.

But in terms of price on a brand new copy I don't think it will drop more anywhere.

If you want it just to collect... I doubt it will appreciate.

But in terms of price on a brand new copy I don't think it will drop more anywhere.
Thanks for the help. Unfortanutely I looked online at all 3 BB's in my area and none of them have it in stock :/

I guess I should call them, as the website often says daily deals and other items are OoS on the website, when they have 10 or more copies of the game/move in store, and the online stock magically replenishes after the sale :/

Unfortanutely price matches don't help me. I already know neither Wal-mart or Gamestop will PM, and my local Target refuses to PM anything except for amazon.com. Plus I have RZ certs I need to burn through. Knowing BB, I don't guess there's any chance this will come back in stock for shipping before the sale ends?

So the sale started yesterday and it seems Best Buy's entire stock of Ni No Kuni is already gone? This sucks. I didn't even know many people were even interested in it. I might just buy it off Amazon or somewhere else for the current price of $29.99..

So the sale started yesterday and it seems Best Buy's entire stock of Ni No Kuni is already gone? This sucks. I didn't even know many people were even interested in it. I might just buy it off Amazon or somewhere else for the current price of $29.99..
this sale was to clear stock, especially ni no kuni, most stores will not be receiving any more shipments.

this sale was to clear stock, especially ni no kuni, most stores will not be receiving any more shipments.
Yeah that's what I figured, but since other games they've had on clearance for $10 before (such as AC:R, Infamous 2, and Starhawk) always seem to come back so IDK.

Yeah that's what I figured, but since other games they've had on clearance for $10 before (such as AC:R, Infamous 2, and Starhawk) always seem to come back so IDK.
unless your local bestbuy stores had not sold out ni no kuni during this sale, stores will not be receiving anymore copies. i confirmed with a bestbuy rep today, local bestbuy stores will not be receiving any more shipments of the game. the game sold poorly at bestbuy. I might show up on bestbuy.com from their main warehouse. so take it what you will with that information.

unless your local bestbuy stores had not sold out ni no kuni during this sale, stores will not be receiving anymore copies. i confirmed with a bestbuy rep today, local bestbuy stores will not be receiving any more shipments of the game. the game sold poorly at bestbuy. I might show up on bestbuy.com from their main warehouse. so take it what you will with that information.
Appriciate it, thanks.

I did go to my closest Best Buy (in the Columbia SC area right now) and they actually were sold out. The guy at the game's department said that, according to a cashier, El Hoardo paid a visit Sunday morning and spent over $200 on every copy they had, which pisses me off.

The good news is that, despite what the website says, the other 2 BB's in my area have plenty of copies left, so I can still grab one today assuming El Hoardo doesn't strike again. All the God of War Ascension's and Kirby collections have already been cleared out at all stores, but the guy I spoke with said they should be getting restocks for GoW before the sale ends, possibly as early as today. Still not sure if I want to bother with GoW or not since I don't have much time to invest in the multiplayer though, especially with PS4 not being BC.

Anyone looking for ni no might try to price match target. I was able to do it. I showed them the price in my phone. I told them it was the price in the store but it was also reflected on their web site. My bb was sold out already.

I submitted the sale to Amazon, I suggest everyone else does as well.

Best Buy and Fry's are both out of stock here in Austin, I'll try Target tomorrow.

But not NNK. What the heck.
NNK is sold out pretty much everywhere. Meanwhile, GoW and NfS aren't exactly rare/hard to find games (though GoW is also out of stock everywhere, Best Buy plans to restock that game). It'd be really nice if Amazon had put them on sale, but I don't think they usually match prices on sold out deals.

Appriciate it, thanks.

I did go to my closest Best Buy (in the Columbia SC area right now) and they actually were sold out. The guy at the game's department said that, according to a cashier, El Hoardo paid a visit Sunday morning and spent over $200 on every copy they had, which pisses me off.

The good news is that, despite what the website says, the other 2 BB's in my area have plenty of copies left, so I can still grab one today assuming El Hoardo doesn't strike again. All the God of War Ascension's and Kirby collections have already been cleared out at all stores, but the guy I spoke with said they should be getting restocks for GoW before the sale ends, possibly as early as today. Still not sure if I want to bother with GoW or not since I don't have much time to invest in the multiplayer though, especially with PS4 not being BC.
Which one in Columbia? I plan to hit up Columbia soon, but NNK and GoWA aren't high on my list to pick up as I can get them here. These games aren't really worth buying to resale/flip. El Hoardo fail.

Picked up GOW Ascension today for $20. They were out of stock last night when I went to the store on my way home from work. The game was listed on the BB website as in-stock this morning...I called and they confirmed a shipment of three games arrived today. I definitely recommend calling ahead to make sure the game you're looking for is actually is in-stock (they'll put the game aside for you for pick up).

Did anyone who order most wanted limited Ed online receive it yet? I got mine in today and it was a regular edition! :( now I need to make a trip to return it

Pm sent. thanks.

I Didn't see it on the list but "Batman Arkham City GOTY (PS3/360)" is on sale for $15.

Was able to price match with Target. Just showed the game on my phone and was able to get Ni No Kuni and TWD game for both $20.

Also was able to snag Prototype 2 (used) from BB for $10.

Got Project X Zone in the mail, but it wasn't the limited edition. Since I saved $10, I've decided I'm not going to make a federal case out of it.

Got Project X Zone in the mail, but it wasn't the limited edition. Since I saved $10, I've decided I'm not going to make a federal case out of it.
i was dissapointed i got my project x zone in the mail and it was the standard edition. they really shouldnt put the picture of it saying limited edition on their bestbuy website if its going to be the standard. i was really looking forward to the poster :(

i was dissapointed i got my project x zone in the mail and it was the standard edition. they really shouldnt put the picture of it saying limited edition on their bestbuy website if its going to be the standard. i was really looking forward to the poster :(
I agree. I think that there is supposed to be a CD in the limited edition too, if I'm not mistaken. There was a time when I might have bothered trying to return it, but I've got so many of these limited edition sets now that it's not worth the hassle of paying $10 extra for those things. I've got a huge backlog too, so I'm not even sure when I'll get around to playing the game. But, yes, they should have mentioned that it is the standard edition.

If you have the chance, you should run to Best Buy and see if you can exchange it for the LE. I wasn't even aware that a standard version of Project X Zone was out yet, as every store that has the game has a large stock of the limited edition. It is worth a shot.

bread's done
Back