Best Buy Back to School Deals: 7/28/13-8/3/13 (God of War Ascension $20, Ni No Kuni $20, NFS: Most Wanted $15, NFL 13 $15)

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Best Buy Back to School Deals - Main Page - 7/28/13-8/3/13
Add to cart to see sale price
:ps3: God of War: Ascension $19.99
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch $19.99
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3- PlayStation 3 $19.99 ($9.99 after $10 off @gamer coupon)
:360: :ps3: Need for Speed Most Wanted $14.99
:360: :ps3: NFL 13 $14.99
:psp: :3ds: LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey $19.99
:3ds: Project X Zone $29.99
Video Game Deals - Best Buy Back to School Deals

Previous Week
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_&_dynSessConf=-8390886715918903930&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=GL_BTS_Video_Games_20130721&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&fs=&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Skylanders: Giants Portal Owners Pack - Nintendo 3DS $19.99
Nintendo Land $17.99
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 $19.99 *Wii U*
Tomb Raider $29.99
Battlefield 3 Premium $29.99
Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition - Nintendo Wii $7.99
LEGO Star Wars III — Play & Collect Limited Exclusive Edition - Nintendo DS $11.99
Crosswords Plus - Nintendo 3DS $4.99
Pokémon Conquest - Nintendo DS $14.99
Steel Diver - Nintendo 3DS $4.99
Family Party: 30 Great Games — Obstacle Arcade - Nintendo Wii U $7.99
$20 PlayStation Network Card and 3-Month PlayStation Plus Subscription Bundle $27.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what the issue is with paying with a gift card ? I tried last night and wouldn't go through and I missed out on Kirby because of it . Tried again today to get Max Payne with no luck , try with credit card and the order goes through .
I was able to pay with a gift card today. It might be your web browser or some issue with your account.

Any thoughts on NFS:MW 360 vs. PS3?

I'm thinking PS3 because it's one of the few (only?) games that explicitly supports the Move Racing Wheel, and I gotta, ya know, justify that purchase...
Criterion are one of the few devs that can get their games to perform equally well on both platforms, you can't go wrong with either.
I personally choose PS3 for NSF games due to the better uncompressed audio.

If you can find a limited edition project x zone on pick it up.  Very long gameplay but mainly story driven.  Slow story telling but still makes you want to see how characters interact with one another.

I definitely want Need For Speed but I'm wondering if it'll end up in PS+ next month. Europe gets it in August. Usually we don't get the same games, but EU and US both got Battlefield 3 last month and that's an EA game.

I definitely want Need For Speed but I'm wondering if it'll end up in PS+ next month. Europe gets it in August. Usually we don't get the same games, but EU and US both got Battlefield 3 last month and that's an EA game.
then don't get it , it is simple as that.

Well you can sit on it sealed until we hear what August's games are or lock in a TIV of $10.49 at Amazon and have a little bit of time to play it and still find out without losing too much in case TIV tanks as everyone unloads it. Or get it matched at Target and have 90 days to return it if you don't open it. Unfortunately there's that point of "OK I'm not getting any enjoyment out of something I spent money on because I'm afraid a better will come along" but where that is depends on you.

Well you can sit on it sealed until we hear what August's games are or lock in a TIV of $10.49 at Amazon and have a little bit of time to play it and still find out without losing too much in case TIV tanks as everyone unloads it. Or get it matched at Target and have 90 days to return it if you don't open it. Unfortunately there's that point of "OK I'm not getting any enjoyment out of something I spent money on because I'm afraid a better will come along" but where that is depends on you.
people does not realize, that they are paying for the ps+ subscription, so it is not really free.

people does not realize, that they are paying for the ps+ subscription, so it is not really free.
Well even if you're only like six months into Plus and have actually paid full price (for shame) you're talking like 14 cents per game a month to keep renting them. From a justification and return on value it's close enough to free.

Well even if you're only like six months into Plus and have actually paid full price (for shame) you're talking like 14 cents per game a month to keep renting them. From a justification and return on value it's close enough to free.
but they cannot trade the games in afterward, like a physical copy of the game. There is not guarantee it will end up being free on ps+. He is just guessing.

Well decided to bite on Madden. Haven't gotten one of those in years so I'm looking forward to seeing how it's changed and playing some games against the computer.

Make sure that your copy of NFS:MW is the Limited Edition when picking it up. I did a in-store pick up and they tried to sell me the regular version, but I was lucky that they had two Limited Editions still in-stock.

URGENT QUESTION before I head to BBY to buy NFS (or order for shipping):
How does it play with the Logitech Driving Force GT? I'm seeing conflicted info on the web.

TIA!

Picked up Ni no Kuni at the Madison, WI Best Buy. :) Will keep it sealed for the time being, due to an gigantic backlog, but I'm glad to finally have it! Thanks OP!

URGENT QUESTION before I head to BBY to buy NFS (or order for shipping):
How does it play with the Logitech Driving Force GT? I'm seeing conflicted info on the web.

TIA!
I don't have a wheel myself those in my racing group that do all agree that it's not meant for a wheel. On a controller I can tell you that the game works extremely well.

then don't get it , it is simple as that.
Not really.

I'd be disappointed if I missed out on this. I'm only pointing out that it showing up on Plus next week is a possibility. People can do what they want with that information.

I bought it. I'm just not opening it until I know what Plus is getting next month.

Picked up.....

God of war for $20
Madden 13 for $15
And ni no kuni for $20
Bestbuy was sold out of the ni no kuni so I went to target and had them price match it.
Thanks OP. :)

Remembered I have some money in a PayPal account I could use on Madden 13....considering it a little more now.

The local store doesn't have it in stock so I would be required to have it shipped to my closest store.

Decisions decisions.....

Was excited for this until I saw Store Pick Up Only and every stores on the list is shown as "Unavaliable" What the hell? Anyone got this problem?

Picked up Madden 13 to satisfy my football need since I won't be buying Madden 14
Why not, if you don't mind me asking? I'm debating jumping back into football gaming as I haven't played in a few years. I'm torn on whether to buy this for $15 or just wait for the new one next month. I haven't heard spectacular things about 13.

Hey, is the God of War good at this price. I'm a huge fan of the series and although this appears to be the weakest of the series, the demo was pretty good. Any opinions on the game?
For me it's:

3 > 2 > 1 > Ascension

I'd put Ascension ahead of 1 if you were to decide between the games all at one time. But 1 was really good at the time it came out and the type of expectations it had versus Ascension at release. If you enjoyed the demo, then you'll like Ascension. The MP is the stronger component of the game though. I'm currently an active participant in the online community.

So GoWA comes with DLC for allstars? What is it, Zeus's character?
As htz said, it comes with Zeus and Isaac Clarke.

Lucked out -- went to BBY and found a 50% off rack -- Remember Me was sitting there and got it for $30.  A pretty nice deal for a Capcom game that looks like it could be one of those forgotten low-print runs.  

For me it's:

3 > 2 > 1 > Ascension

I'd put Ascension ahead of 1 if you were to decide between games all at one time. But 1 was really good at the time it came out and the type of expectations it had versus 3. If you enjoyed the demo, then you'll like Ascension. The MP is the stronger component of the game though. I'm an active participant in the online community.

As htz said, it comes with Zeus and Isaac Clarke.
Do you or anyone know if GOW Ascension has an online pass?

bread's done
Back