Games:

• :xb1: Halo: The Master Chief Collection $19.99 Save $10
  • :xb1: Halo 5: Guardians $14.99 Save $5
  • :xb1: Rise of the Tomb Raider $14.99 Save $5
  • :xb1: Sea of Thieves $44.99 Save $15
  • :xb1: State of Decay 2 $19.99 Save $10
  • :xb1: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds $19.99 Save $10
  • :xb1: Cuphead (Digital) $14.99 Save $5
  • Save Up to 50% on select Videogames (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/video-games-sale-726)
Deals:

• Free Controller and 3 Months of Xbox Live with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Save $75 on Doom or Skyrim PSVR Bundles
  • Save 25% off Select Digital 3DS Games
  • Spend $100 on Toys and Collectibles and receive a Free $30 Best Buy Gift Card
  • Save 15% on iTunes Cards
Accessories:

• DualShock 4 Controllers $49.99 each Save $10-15
  • TurtleBeach Recon 150 Headset $39.99 Save $20
  • TurtleBeach XO3 Headset $39.99 Save $20
  • PDP Talon Xbox One Media Remote $14.99 Save $5
  • PDP Official Universal Media Remote for PS4 $14.99 Save $15
  • PDP Media Remote for PS4 $14.99 Save $10
  • RDS Industries Game Traveler Deluxe Travel Case for Nintendo Switch $14.99 Save $5
  • PDP Faceoff Wired Pro Controller Star Mario Controller for Nintendo Switch $19.99 Save $5
  • PDP Nintendo Switch Starter Kit $19.99 Save $5
  • PDP Ultra-Guard Screen Protector for Nintendo Switch $7.99 Save $2
  • Nintendo Pro Joy-Con Charging Grip for Nintendo Switch $19.99 Save $5
  • Nintendo DC Car Power Adapter for Nintendo Switch $11.99 Save $3

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s gonna be a new service? St least it’s something. Watch it be gcu but a different name and back to $120

doubtful, people here are kinda delusional. they really think best buy cares that they wont be buying games that they weren't making money on anyway. They threaten to not buy anything else at the store, when really they probably only bought things that were price errors or clearance, so again no loss to best buy. If they did actually shop at best buy, it was because the price was the best there and nobody is going to pay more somewhere else just because of principles.

It's not just people here, the gamestop thread is constantly talking about stealth bumps that never materialize, or completely underwhelm when they do pop up. hopeless optimism i guess.
When BB (stealth) cancelled GCU, there *was* an official mention of GCU being replaced with something new... (internal memo leak i think?)

However, that was the only mention.

And BB only created GCU because they were pretty much failing as a business. They needed people in their stores, now that they are in recovery... they think they don't need GCU anymore.

Time will tell, But I will say that since they killed any renewal GCU options I have only purchased 3 games from BB. Used all of my points, and only look at game "deals" anymore there. I used to try and stockpile the points a bit.. now as soon as I have enough i'm looking to spend them.

Ordered Valkyria Revolution: Vanargand Edition on the XB1 and got the vanilla copy.  My local Best Buy only has the PS4 vanilla copy labeled as that particular edition on the shelf.

doubtful, people here are kinda delusional. they really think best buy cares that they wont be buying games that they weren't making money on anyway. They threaten to not buy anything else at the store, when really they probably only bought things that were price errors or clearance, so again no loss to best buy. If they did actually shop at best buy, it was because the price was the best there and nobody is going to pay more somewhere else just because of principles.

It's not just people here, the gamestop thread is constantly talking about stealth bumps that never materialize, or completely underwhelm when they do pop up. hopeless optimism i guess.
I bought a good amount of blu-rays from BB.

When BB (stealth) cancelled GCU, there *was* an official mention of GCU being replaced with something new... (internal memo leak i think?)

However, that was the only mention.

And BB only created GCU because they were pretty much failing as a business. They needed people in their stores, now that they are in recovery... they think they don't need GCU anymore.

Time will tell, But I will say that since they killed any renewal GCU options I have only purchased 3 games from BB. Used all of my points, and only look at game "deals" anymore there. I used to try and stockpile the points a bit.. now as soon as I have enough i'm looking to spend them.
Same here. I have limited my buying to almost nothing. Ill be getting Spiderman PS4, and thats about it. No blurays, no games (besides GoW).

I think the frustrations that goes along with the gcu ending is the lack of clarity.   I had battlezone psvr in my cart a few days ago and gcu applied I forgot to check out and now there is no gcu apply.  

The untold part about the gcu is all the employees getting let go just to stay competitive. I am not sure what the future holds fr retail but it doesn't look good.

I think the frustrations that goes along with the gcu ending is the lack of clarity. I had battlezone psvr in my cart a few days ago and gcu applied I forgot to check out and now there is no gcu apply.
Your GCU must have expired. It's still active and working for those of us who have it still. Not sure what that has to do with clarity other than GCU being a diamond in the retail rough.

Eh I just think you guys are butthurt about the ending of GCU, act all melodramatic about it, and will come running back the moment they have a good sale. Looking at my purchase history with them, I've rarely bought games from them during the summer.

But if you want to cut off your nose to spite your face, go for it.
Mitch, GCU aside, the lackluster sales are constantly repeated, almost like a broken cartwheel app if you will....but who knows, they might be simply testing the waters before regrouping, after all, it was BBY that was butthurt by this site ;) lol

I dont mind as long as there are SOME deals, like Kirby for $32 today :)

When GCU was there, sure they didnt make money off games but it resulted me in buying so much expensive tech there. WIthout GCU I wont be in the store tempted to look at the latest tech and will most likely just end up buying elsewhere out of convenience (as opposed to spite or something). We'll have to see how/if this affects them. Personally I think it's a silly move. They've made like 7 grand off of me over the past couple years and most of those purchases were made while being there to look at games. It's kinda weird that so many here seem to be defending BB as if it were their own mother. These are merely superficial business predictions, no need to be salty.

bread's done
Back