Best Buy DotD Thread: Select Movies on Bluray ($19.99-$49.99)

MochaRaf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey guys,

Blu-Rays and DVDs tend to pop up on sale as the Deal of the Day every now and then at Best Buy. Instead of making a separate thread everytime a movie or TV Series is featured as the DotD, I decided to just consolidate them all into one thread. I will always submit a lower price to Amazon for any DotD featured here, I recommend those people who have Amazon credit or prefer buying from Amazon do the same.

Deal of the Day for June 20th, 2015.

Select Movies on Bluray starting at $19.99.
Price: $19.99-$49.99
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/select-movies-on-blu-ray-disc-141316

DotD Overview Page: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/select-movies-for-national-pi-day-136489

Past DotD
Deal of the Day for May 4th, 2014.

Blu-Ray Deals

Star Wars: The Complete Saga [9 Discs / Blu-ray] (Blu-ray Disc)

Previous Price: $89.99
Current Price: $79.99
Price Drop: $10.00
Price At Amazon: $89.96, a $9.97 difference from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features:

45 deleted scenes
90 miinutes of Star Wars spoofs
A conversation with the masters: the Empire Strikes Back 30 years later 2010
Anatomy of a dewback, 1997
Audio commentary for each move with George Lucas and crew
Cast & crew interviews
Classic creatures: Return of the Jedi 1983
Matte painting and concept art
Never-before-released audio commentary for each movie from archival interviews with cast and crew
Props, maquette and costume turnaround
Star warriors, 2007
Star wars tech 2007
The Empire Strikes Back SPFX 1980
The making of Star Wars 1977

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-the-complete-saga-9-discs-blu-ray-blu-ray-disc/2550164.p?id=2208592&skuId=2550164&st=dotd-20140504&lp=1&cp=1

Star Wars Trilogy: Episodes I-III [2 discs] (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Spa/Fre/Por)

Previous Price: $44.99
Current Price: $34.99
Price At Amazon: $31.99, a $3.00 difference in your favor from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features:

Audio Commentary for each movie with George Lucas and crew
Audio Commentary for each movie from archival interviews with cast and crew

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-trilogy-episodes-i-iii-2-discs-blu-ray-disc/1737655.p?id=2744275&skuId=1737655&st=dotd-20140504&lp=2&cp=1

Star Wars Trilogy: Episodes IV-VI [2 discs] (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Spa/Fre/Por)

Previous Price: $44.99
Current Price: $34.99
Price At Amazon: $31.99, a $3.00 difference in your favor from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features:

Audio commentary for each movie with George Lucas and crew
Audio commentary for each movie from archival interviews with cast and crew
Closed Captioned

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-trilogy-episodes-iv-vi-2-discs-blu-ray-disc/1737646.p?id=2744394&skuId=1737646&st=dotd-20140504&lp=3&cp=1

LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace (2 Disc) (Blu-ray Disc) 2011

Previous Price: $9.99
Current Price: $7.99
Price Drop: $2.00
Price At Amazon: $8.99, a $1.00 difference from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features:

Bombad bounty
LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace
Star Wars in 2 minutes (Part 1)
Star Wars in 2 minutes (Part 2)
The Clone Wars animated comics
The quest for R2-D2
Closed Captioned

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-star-wars-the-padawan-menace-2-disc-blu-ray-disc/4797823.p?id=2367690&skuId=4797823&st=dotd-20140504&lp=4&cp=1

DVD Deals

LEGO Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Out (DVD) 2013

Price At Amazon: $7.99, a $0.00 difference from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features:

Closed Captioned

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-star-wars-the-empire-strikes-out-dvd/8166041.p?id=2650689&skuId=8166041&st=dotd-20140504&lp=5&cp=1

Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles (DVD)

Price At Amazon: $9.99, a $2.00 difference from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features:

Closed Captioned

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-star-wars-the-yoda-chronicles-dvd/5044019.p?id=3167141&skuId=5044019&st=dotd-20140504&lp=6&cp=1

Deal of the Day for April 27th, 2014.

Avatar (3 Disc) (Collector's Edition) (Extended Edition) (Blu-ray Disc) 2009

Previous Price: $29.99
Current Price: $19.99
Price At Amazon: $22.98, a $2.99 difference from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features:

17 featurettes covering the performance capture, scoring, 3D fusion camera, stunts
Alternate opening on Earth
Capturing Avatar: an in-depth feature-length documentary covering the filmmaker's journey including all-new interviews with James Cameron, Jon Landau, cast and crew
Family audio track (all objectionable langauge removed)
Interactive scene deconstruction: explore various stages of production through 3 different viewing modes
Over 45 minutes of never-before-seen deleted scenes
The Art of Avatar with over 633 images

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/avatar-3-disc-collectors-edition-extended-edition-blu-ray-disc/1283795.p?id=2096332&skuId=1283795

Second Deal of the Day

Avatar (3 Disc) (Collector's Edition) (Extended Edition) (DVD) (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV) (Eng/Spa/Fre) 2009

Previous Price: $19.99
Current Price: $14.99
Price Drop: $5.00
Price At Amazon: $19.98, a $4.99 difference from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features

Alternate opening on Earth
Capturing Avatar: an in-depth feature-length documentary covering the filmmaker's journey including all-new interviews with James Cameron, Jon Landau, cast and crew
Over 45 minutes of never-before-seen deleted scnees
Family audio track (all objectionalbe language removed)

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/avatar-3-disc-collectors-edition-extended-edition-dvd/1283713.p?id=2096332&skuId=1283713

Deal of the Day for April 6th, 2014.

Man of Steel[(2 Disc) (Ultraviolet Digital Copy)]

image.jpg

Previous Price: $19.99
Current Price: $12.50
Price Drop: $7.49
Price At Amazon: $14.69, a $2.50 difference from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Features:

-Format: AC-3, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound,
NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen, Multiple Formats
-Language: English (Dolby Digital 4.0), English (Dolby Digital 6.1 EX), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)
-Subtitles: Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, French
Dubbed: Latin Spanish
Subtitles for the Hearing Impaired: English
-Region: Region A/1 (North America Only)
-Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
-Number of discs: 3
-Rated: PG-13 (Parental Guidance Suggested)
-Studio: Warner Home Video
-DVD Release Date: November 12, 2013
-Digital Copy Expiration Date: November 12, 2015. Not yet confirmed whether this UV Digitial code works on both UVVU and iTunes.
-Run Time: 143 minutes

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/man-of-steel-2-disc-ultraviolet-digital-copy-subtitled-blu-ray-disc/1805695.p?id=2750600&skuId=1805695"][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/man-of-steel-2-disc-ultraviolet-digital-copy-subtitled-blu-ray-disc/1805695.p?id=2750600&skuId=1805695[/url]"]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/man-of-steel-2-disc-ultraviolet-digital-copy-subtitled-blu-ray-disc/1805695.p?id=2750600&skuId=1805695

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon did match the 6-pack this morning but has since raised the price. I had also checked on the 4-pack but couldn't find it on Amazon. It looks like they only stock the DVD version (and they call it the X-Men Experience, not Quadrilogy).

Ended up ordering the 4-pack from BB. Thanks OP.

They've changed their mind on the prices, the Blu-ray version is now 9.99 and the DVD 8.99.

This is a movie starring the woman from The Fault In Our Stars so yeah... it's pretty much a chick flick.  Supposed to be quite good though.

They've changed their mind on the prices, the Blu-ray version is now 9.99 and the DVD 8.99.

This is a movie starring the woman from The Fault In Our Stars so yeah... it's pretty much a chick flick. Supposed to be quite good though.
Thanks for the heads up, I've never seen Best Buy alter the prices of a DotD before... Anyways, I updated the OP to reflect the new price.

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful deal...which started on this CAG forum, from a Buy that was hardly Best.

Best Buy has plenty on sale today including the Terminator Anthology, Mad Maxx set, and Die Hard Collection.  Aside from some really shitty cardboard packaging, I thought the Die Hard collection was well done, but it's missing the newest move  :-({|=

Best Buy has plenty on sale today including the Terminator Anthology, Mad Maxx set, and Die Hard Collection. Aside from some really shitty cardboard packaging, I thought the Die Hard collection was well done, but it's missing the newest move :-({|=
Thanks for letting me know, every time I visited the DotD this morning it kept showing me a Best Buy error and told me to try again later. Will updated title and OP shortly.

Best Buy has plenty on sale today including the Terminator Anthology, Mad Maxx set, and Die Hard Collection. Aside from some really shitty cardboard packaging, I thought the Die Hard collection was well done, but it's missing the newest move :-({|=
I got it for cheaper along with the Underworld collection back in January. The cardboard packaging doesn't worry me too much, and the absence of the newest movie REALLY doesn't worry me too much. All the movies have their great points with me, but A Good Day to Die Hard felt the lowest of the lot.

Of course, I bought Riders of berk part 1 and 2 from target for the coupons with store credit.  By the way, Defenders of Berk is also on sale.

damn if i didnt already own seasons 1,2,3,6. I would actually think about buying that even tho i got each season on blu ray for 9.99 each besides the final season. The versions of season  1-3 didnt come with a Ultra Violet code which was a little discouraging.

A tough sell when all blu ray seasons but the final can be had for around ~$11 during BF. I'm sure the final season will drop to around there this year too. Hard to justify the price unless you're a hardcore collector.

John Wayne Film Collection (Blu-Ray) $17.99

Includes: The Big Trail, The Barbarian and the Geisha, The Horse Soldiers, North to Alaska, The Comancheros, The Longest Day, and The Undefeated

$3.99 DVDs

Bruce Almighty
Caprica

Spooktacular New Adventures of Casper 2

The Land Before Time 3

Funny People

Balls of Fury

Eastern Promises

American Pie Presents: Book of Love

Away We Go

Burbs/Money Pit

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Being Flynn

Fletch Lives

Land of the Dead

Children of Men

Honey 2
The Kingdom

Out of Sight

State of Play

The Debt

My Soul to Take

OP has been updated with today's DotD, and thank you The Prize Fighter Inferno for taking the time to make a list of the titles.

These are some of the worst deals I have seen them do for movies. The Godzilla packs are only $1 off their weekly sale price, and the Planet of the Apes set is $3 more than the Legacy Collection that includes movie money for the new film.

These are some of the worst deals I have seen them do for movies. The Godzilla packs are only $1 off their weekly sale price, and the Planet of the Apes set is $3 more than the Legacy Collection that includes movie money for the new film.
Well that Spider-man collection is a buck or two less than I've seen it before. It's just a shame SM2/3 suck so damn much :cry:

How was spiderman 2 & 3 bad
Spider-Man 2 felt like a lot more like a chick flick than an action movie to me. It seemed to waste far too much time on the Peter/MJ mechanic and far too little action. I don't think Spider-man actually appeared more than a few times in the whole movie IIRC. All the movies focus too heavily on Gwen/MJ for my taste, but #2 seemed really bad.

#3 was just awful in so many ways I can't even count lol.

My email shows a picture of the POTA Bluray set for $17.99 w/ Movie money but the link only shows the DVD set instead. Booo

The Bluray set is $19.99 on their site, but still. Bait and switch right there. 

Spider-Man 2 felt like a lot more like a chick flick than an action movie to me. It seemed to waste far too much time on the Peter/MJ mechanic and far too little action. I don't think Spider-man actually appeared more than a few times in the whole movie IIRC. All the movies focus too heavily on Gwen/MJ for my taste, but #2 seemed really bad.

#3 was just awful in so many ways I can't even count lol.
#3 had a host of problems but #2 is generally well received by most. When you are dealing with a Spider-Man story you're going to get a lot of MJ/Gwen stuff in it. Just part of the character. It's kind of like getting a whole bunch of Lois Lane in a Superman story, or raspy voice in a Batman movie.

Those godzilla have been 9 bucks for months. I got them there a month ago and the other 2 from amazon since they were cheaper and sold the uv codes for like 30 bucks almost on ebay.

Dammit!  10 seconds of excitement squashed when I clicked on the link and saw it was the DVD.  Who the hell buys DVDs anymore anyway?  lol

bread's done
Back