BEST BUY Game clearance 50% off YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiser

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE IN RESPONSE TO COMMENTS:
1) Games are YELLOW TAGGED with %OFF, ring at regular price, and have to be overridden by a manager at the register.
2) This is STORE-BY-STORE, and BIG YMMV, it is not regional as many BB have similar clearance.
3) I added gmes purchased RECENTLY at DIFFERENT BB stores to my list.
4) Calling will NOT get you anywhere. It's NOT a nationwide sale, it is indvidual store clearance of stale products.
5) ASK AN ASSOCIATE/MANAGER where the clearance games are, OR look around OR or try a different BB. It's not always obvious.
6) New titles may be added monthly to ongoing clearance bins in your store.
7) Titles/prices are representative of what others have found, NOT what you will find.
8) ANY Collector's Editions typically go 50% off in a few months, making them cheaper than the 'plain' version (so much for added value)
9) LOOK FOR BINS BY THE REGISTERS, but they could be anywhere in the store, usually separate from the regular games.
10) GOOD games typically have only 1-3 copies in the bin and likely sold out before you got there (i.e. VF5, Jean De Arc, Rock Band).
11) Typically 50 or more titles in bins, most of it crap, but very few sports games! (at least in Mission Viejo, CA)
12) YOUR STORE MAY NOT DISCOUNT AT ALL, MAY NOT DISCOUNT ANY GAMES IN THIS LIST, OR MAY ONLY DISCOUNT 10%!
13) STOP THREAD CRAPPING! STOP TRADING! If your BB sucks I am sorry for you, BB generally suck. Try to become the Media manager.
14) ADD your local store finds to this thread to keep it going.

BB clearance prices 10%-75%, but typically 50% off games for ALL current systems.
YMMV WILDLY, GOOD LUCK HUNTING!
It's worth looking if you are there anyway, but don't go out of your way to get there.
All regular edition clearance games sell between $5 and $30:

:psp:
Jean De Arc $15
PSP Pappa The Rapapper - $10
Gurumin PSP $9.99

:ps2:
Rock Band (game only) $30
Boogie w/mic (EA Karaoke) PS2 $10
Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise To Power for PS2 at $27
Hot Wheels Beat That PS2 $15
Petz: Horsez OR Catz PS2 $15
Cabela's (one with Deer on cover)

Thanks OP may have to look into this as I know a store by my work has had a cart with games 50% off but they may have added more to the mix.

Thanks OP! I would appreciate it if any local CAG in the OC can grab me a copy of VF5 and Eternal Sonata. PM me and let me know if possible. I live in the southern OC, but I am currently out of town.

Did they ring up at those prices or were those just the price tags on them?
That's an awesome price on Virtua Fighter 5 Online; as much as the PS3 version.

I saw The Darkness for 360 in the 50% off bin there, but that makes it $30 so not a big deal.

This is a regional deal. Actually, it's even more specific than that since it's one Best Buy in one part of one city. Why do people keep posting these in the main forum?

Oooo! Oooo! Final Fantasy XI for $15 and Eternal Sonata for $30! I think I may have to go check my two local Best Buys.... (On my lunch break of course in like... 2 hours) Haha!

[quote name='bojay1997']This is a regional deal. Actually, it's even more specific than that since it's one Best Buy in one part of one city. Why do people keep posting these in the main forum?[/QUOTE]

I don't know... I was glad to see the rise of the Wal-mart YMMV thread... I suppose we should have one for each major store chain, even though I'd personally just as soon keep all regional deals in the appropriate region.

[quote name='jazzman']Thanks OP! I would appreciate it if any local CAG in the OC can grab me a copy of VF5 and Eternal Sonata. PM me and let me know if possible. I live in the southern OC, but I am currently out of town.[/QUOTE]

VF5 Online is $29.85 on Amazon.com, so CAG could help you with Eternal Sonata only.

Don't know if its all stores, but I Bee Movie the game at my Best Buy for $9.99

Got the following also for the smae prices you have listed:

Naruto (360)
THPG (360)
History Channel: Battle for the pacific (360)

So may be actually $9.99 for Bee Movie elsewhere as well.

Also there was some Wii game you dont have listed for $7.49. Some educational type game. Seemed to kiddish so i passed on it.

I want to get Conan and they have copies there, but none with the clearance tag. I'm wondering if I stick a $9.99 tag from a differnt game on there if they will ring it up for $9.99.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I want to get Conan and they have copies there, but none with the clearance tag. I'm wondering if I stick a $9.99 tag from a differnt game on there if they will ring it up for $9.99.[/quote]

And then you get arrested, go for it jackass.

From what I found in my area, I found quite a few Nintendo DS games that I picked up (or wished I did or don't really have any interest in getting).

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Tales - around $5 - $10
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble
Lost Magic
Mega Man ZX
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Freedom Wings
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command
Orcs & Elves
Labyrinth - right now $14.99, probably will go lower or be joined to the bins
SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS
Geometry Wars
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Gangs of London for PSP -

Time Crisis sounds tempting at $40 - anyone play it? I remember a ton of people jumping on this from the Amazon sales.

[quote name='robot']Time Crisis sounds tempting at $40 - anyone play it? I remember a ton of people jumping on this from the Amazon sales.[/quote]

If it's the PS3 version I read a few reviews of recently, it's terrible.

That was ungrammatical. I meant "the PS3 version of which a few reviews I had read...of?"

OK: "the reviews of which I had recently read concerning the PS3 version, in particular"

Oh fuck it.

too bad none of the BB in my area EVER have anything on sale/clearance. Checked some items today and they were all regular price.

@robot: I had time crisis 4, ended up selling it. Graphics are so-so, arcade mode is pretty fun but the guncon's calibration is a bit off, better with the controller (which defeats the purpose of having the guncon). Single player mode I got motion sickness from playing it, so I never finished it. It's not worth it to me, the older ones were much better. Or better yet, play at the arcade.

I've noticed that Bestbuy's new policy is to have YMMV sales in the boondocks and have people post deals in all the online savings sites like this one and have people scramble to their stores only to be left empty handed. I'm not falling for this shit anymore BB. Only national deals for me. these YMMV deals are the equivalent of spending a half hour driving to buy a lottery ticket that you aren't even guaranteed to win.

yeah i checked best buy in mays landing new jersey very close to atlantic city and no deals to be found there either. i was really hoping i would find something

As I posted in the regionals thread a few weeks ago, Manassas, VA had several of these titles listed here for 50% off. House of the Dead 2 and 3 The Return was not part of the pile but the manager said it was 50% off so I got it for $15.

The Galleria BB in Houston, TX had some of those titles 50% a few weeks back, I'm going to go to the West Oaks location tonight and I'll post anything they have left or just take a pic.

[quote name='ITDEFX']As I posted in the regionals thread a few weeks ago, Manassas, VA had several of these titles listed here for 50% off. House of the Dead 2 and 3 The Return was not part of the pile but the manager said it was 50% off so I got it for $15.[/quote]

hey i live in manassas park va
which BB, the one on sudley, did they have any naruto's for 360

So what I get from the OP is that these games will have yellow stickers and they have to be manually overridden by the manager, is that correct?

What do I say, "I saw this deal on CAG that said that games is supposed to be.."?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Don't know if its all stores, but I Bee Movie the game at my Best Buy for $9.99

Got the following also for the smae prices you have listed:

Naruto (360)
THPG (360)
History Channel: Battle for the pacific (360)

So may be actually $9.99 for Bee Movie elsewhere as well.

Also there was some Wii game you dont have listed for $7.49. Some educational type game. Seemed to kiddish so i passed on it.[/QUOTE]

Your sig is huge.

On topic - BB clearance deals are kinda akin to Wally world's in how YMMV w/ them - but I guess it's just a good way to get a heads up

[quote name='retromufc']So what I get from the OP is that these games will have yellow stickers and they have to be manually overridden by the manager, is that correct?

What do I say, "I saw this deal on CAG that said that games is supposed to be.."?[/quote]

I'd probably ask an employee why there are yellow stickers on select games.

No they are going to be one a bookcase looking rack and on the top of the rack says 50% for all Yellow Sticker Games(For me its Red Dot) and then if cashier ask question point to that sign and then they will have manager override price.

I wish they would go back to national clearances like CC does. If you have a store with a manager that doesn't want to reduce stuff, you never get any deals

[quote name='nikkai']Your sig is huge.

On topic - BB clearance deals are kinda akin to Wally world's in how YMMV w/ them - but I guess it's just a good way to get a heads up[/QUOTE]

Ive had this sig for over a year now. Ive seen bigger sigs.

[quote name='guyinga']
Not to mention discontinued Gamecube games (such as Viewtiful Joe and Super Smash Bros. Melee) also being in there. [/quote]

Price on Melee? I went last weekend and saw $29.99

I've see this deal in Denver as well. There were also a ton of DS games.

Golden Compass Wii and PS2 were $4.99

[quote name='ets']Price on Melee? I went last weekend and saw $29.99[/quote]

Again, it depends on your store and how much they will mark it down, if at all. If they aren't in any hurry to get rid of Gamecube games/systems, then expect to see that for a long time.

I'm always so confused by Best Buy's recent clearances.

I take it this is *ONLY* for games with a yellow "Best Buy" sticker on them with a price on it?

When I was there last they had a section set up near the Wii stuff in the back. It was just a normal shelf, with some games on it with yellow "Best Buy/with price" tags on it. So I *GUESS* those are the games this thread is talking about?

They didn't have much. It was almost entirely bad DS stuff. Scourge: Hive for $10 seemed like the only real deal (I don't know if it's good or not, but at least it sounds like they were trying to do a good game with it).

I work at Best Buy in the Media Department. The reason why it is so YMMV does not necessarily depend of just the Media Sup.. The only games that go on clearance are the ones that are "End-Of-Life" (as was stated early meaning either we sell them or we send them back for scraps). These items depend on what market that Best Buy is in (similar to the Target Clearances) if in that market the games sell well at there normal prices or sell out then it does not make it to the report (which is the case at my store) other stores are in poor gaming markets and that were you see the huge clearance sections with great games (uncommon). Also as for the Media Sup.'s decision I can say that is not always the case. On Sunday I was handed the report by my GM (did not say to do anything in particular) so I determined which games to put out and what the price was going to be. Being a gamer as well I marked them down a bit more than what was the norm (norm = 50% off). Though since my store sells games well we only had about 8 games with nothing to fantastic. Either way I figured I would let you know what happens in my area.

EDIT: Also because I just read people dont know what exactly is considered clearance (how to determine if). Most of the time there is a table, Endcap or Cart (if the store is really slack). Most of the time the price on the box has some sort of marking or give (at my store its a special marker used to slash over the price tag). Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back