BEST BUY Game clearance 50% off YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiser

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE IN RESPONSE TO COMMENTS:
1) Games are YELLOW TAGGED with %OFF, ring at regular price, and have to be overridden by a manager at the register.
2) This is STORE-BY-STORE, and BIG YMMV, it is not regional as many BB have similar clearance.
3) I added gmes purchased RECENTLY at DIFFERENT BB stores to my list.
4) Calling will NOT get you anywhere. It's NOT a nationwide sale, it is indvidual store clearance of stale products.
5) ASK AN ASSOCIATE/MANAGER where the clearance games are, OR look around OR or try a different BB. It's not always obvious.
6) New titles may be added monthly to ongoing clearance bins in your store.
7) Titles/prices are representative of what others have found, NOT what you will find.
8) ANY Collector's Editions typically go 50% off in a few months, making them cheaper than the 'plain' version (so much for added value)
9) LOOK FOR BINS BY THE REGISTERS, but they could be anywhere in the store, usually separate from the regular games.
10) GOOD games typically have only 1-3 copies in the bin and likely sold out before you got there (i.e. VF5, Jean De Arc, Rock Band).
11) Typically 50 or more titles in bins, most of it crap, but very few sports games! (at least in Mission Viejo, CA)
12) YOUR STORE MAY NOT DISCOUNT AT ALL, MAY NOT DISCOUNT ANY GAMES IN THIS LIST, OR MAY ONLY DISCOUNT 10%!
13) STOP THREAD CRAPPING! STOP TRADING! If your BB sucks I am sorry for you, BB generally suck. Try to become the Media manager.
14) ADD your local store finds to this thread to keep it going.

BB clearance prices 10%-75%, but typically 50% off games for ALL current systems.
YMMV WILDLY, GOOD LUCK HUNTING!
It's worth looking if you are there anyway, but don't go out of your way to get there.
All regular edition clearance games sell between $5 and $30:

:psp:
Jean De Arc $15
PSP Pappa The Rapapper - $10
Gurumin PSP $9.99

:ps2:
Rock Band (game only) $30
Boogie w/mic (EA Karaoke) PS2 $10
Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise To Power for PS2 at $27
Hot Wheels Beat That PS2 $15
Petz: Horsez OR Catz PS2 $15
Cabela's (one with Deer on cover)

I scored Stranglehold, regular edition, for the PS3 for $10 today (Bolingbrook, IL). It was 30 but was an additional 20 off. They still had a bunch more left too.
They also had special edition DMC4 for 40 for 360.

I've just been hoping for a Time Crisis deal ever since I barely missed the amazon one, and my Best Buy had about 12 of them, but at the regular price.

every damn BB near me blows the skin flute

i need to stop reading the BB threads b/c i just get infuriated with envy

[quote name='TubeRacer']I've just been hoping for a Time Crisis deal ever since I barely missed the amazon one, and my Best Buy had about 12 of them, but at the regular price.[/QUOTE]

It's probably going to hurt me to find out, but how much was the Amazon deal? And some of you guys are really lucky. I can't even find garbage for 50% off. Oddly enough though I went to BB the other day and they had a non greatest hits copy of Soul Calibur II for the PS2 for ten bucks. I thought that was weird.

[quote name='dkim064']every damn BB near me blows the skin flute

[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. The only ones they ever have on clearance are the 5~10 copies layed out on a card table. Yeah, that's right. And the games suck or are still over priced. Freakin' agrivates me to no end. 2 stores on opposite ends of town and they both have the same crap! :)

[quote name='dkim064']every damn BB near me blows the skin flute

[/quote]

I've got 2 semi-near me, Canoga Park and Northridge (this one just opened recently so I'm not too surprised) but neither of them have any sort of clearance section on games at all. Unless I'm totally missing something and someone else has seen something there.

Kinda makes me jealous too :(

Went to the Sheboygan, WI best buy toay, they had 4 huge bins filled with games 50% off. Taking the family back sunday to see if there is anything else.

Picked up
sarfox assault / gamecube $10
battlefield 2/ xbox 360 $15
Blitz the league /Xbox 360 $10
Earth defense force 2017 / Xbox 360 $10

[quote name='oasisboy']Thats MSRP everywhere.[/quote]

They are still 59.99 @ target at least it still was yesterday. I know amazon had it for 19.99. The game is 50% off of the sticker, so it is $10.00

[quote name='slowdive21']They are still 59.99 @ target at least it still was yesterday. I know amazon had it for 19.99. The game is 50% off of the sticker, so it is $10.00[/quote]

Thats not what you said on your post, you said $20. Here in DFW, Texas, I have seen this game for $19.99 at Wal-mart, Best Buy and Circuit City. My local Target has it at 29.99.

Spied on Friday, at a Best Buy that has been dismal lately:

Wii Nights: $20
Wii Naruto Revolution: $15
Wii Cruisn' : $15
PS2 TMNT: $10
PS3 Folklore: $20

Other local Best Buy that has been good lately: no change

BB on Dale Mabry in Tampa:

DMC4 SE $30
Beautiful Katamari $10 (got last copy)
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage $10 (plenty more)

Going to go back tomorrow. Would love to find Time Crisis, Folklore and Darkness on the racks.

[quote name='oasisboy']Thats not what you said on your post, you said $20. Here in DFW, Texas, I have seen this game for $19.99 at Wal-mart, Best Buy and Circuit City. My local Target has it at 29.99.[/quote]

I thought the title of the thread explained the games are 50% off. Went to walmart today...The Darkness is 59.99, kmart it is 59.99 as well as of today. It has not been reported in the universal drop thread, but it is possible it has just dropped.

I know neither is a huge deal but I was able to pick up the Platinum Hits editions of Crimson Skies for $5 and Halo 1 for $10 at the Downtown Honolulu Best Buy.

There was no 50% off section but there were bargain racks in the games section and in the register line and the XBox sections were advertised as being 360 compatible.

[quote name='Coraanu']Phantasy Star Universe for $15 and Stranglehold for $20 in Apple Valley, MN. Also Guitar Hero II bundle for $40. All 360.[/quote]

I actually picked up Stranglehold at that price at that location :)... I was able to get Guitar Hero II bundle for 25.55... it rang up at $47.99, they took 50% off of that.

The real Guitar Hero II bundle deal was in Mankato, MN.... $15.99

I picked up COMMAND AND CONQUER GENERALS DELUXE EDITION
(it comes with ZERO HOUR) for $2.50 !! @ Florence , Al store on the 12th

they had a few other games (PC) that were 75% off

it's a oldie but a goodie

[quote name='slowdive21']I thought the title of the thread explained the games are 50% off. Went to walmart today...The Darkness is 59.99, kmart it is 59.99 as well as of today. It has not been reported in the universal drop thread, but it is possible it has just dropped.[/QUOTE]
So Crackdown was 7.50 at your store? Pretty good deal.

Happened by the Overland BB in Culver City this weekend: I picked up Monster Madness for $6.99 and Project Sylpheed for $11.99, both for 360. They also had a bunch of older 360 sports games, Rampage Wii, and a bunch of other things in an inconspicuous yellow bin in the aisle by the PSP/PS3 games.

And yes, they needed to overwrite the prices at the register. And no, my 10% off coupon didn't work on them.

[quote name='d0ggiefizzle']anyone know what wii games are on clearence at the sacramento ca bestbuys?[/quote]

None that I've seen lately.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Anyone find anything good in the bay area? All the best buy's I went to didn't have anything at all.

I'd love to get nights for that price.[/quote]

Bay Area Best Buys suck (mine only has xbox1 game and gameboy advance on clearance) Fortunately, Nights isn't very good so you are not missing out on much...

[quote name='bruceg']Bay Area Best Buys suck (mine only has xbox1 game and gameboy advance on clearance) Fortunately, Nights isn't very good so you are not missing out on much...[/quote]

Yeah....local one gives me hard times with everything, but anyways, I like Nights, so hopefully I can find it.

Went to my local one again. Still no clearance, Folklore is still $60. Sigh. But they had like 7 Perfect Shots for 14.99, are these supposed to be rare?

Clearance at the BB in Hawthorne, CA:

GH2 360 - $61.49
Trauma Center: SO Wii - $14.99
Stranglehold: CE 360 - $19.99
Chrome Hounds 360 - $14.99
Two Worlds 360 - $39.99

Bought Halo 3 guide for $4.99.

I doubt that Conan would be $20 at either of my local BB stores for PS3, but I'd be shocked if it were. It looks like a decent enough God Of War clone, so I may pick it up if it is $20, since otherwise, I'd have to pick it up from GS used for $25.

Oh and Halo 3 Legendary MAY ring up $19.99 for some. It's been verified online in the Lawrence, KS store(from Slick Deals). Supposedly, the guide will ring up .01 if you buy it WITH the game/helmet bundle.

As always YMMV, but I'm going to try and check my closest store tomorrow.

Not 50% off, but I came across this deal at a Dallas Best Buy and posted this in the Regional Thread:

For all you DFW CAG's I was at the Best Buy off 635 by The Dump(Furniture Store) and came across a decent deal. The store had 25% off certain 360/Wii/PS3 titles (50% off Xbox), but if you bought any game accessory you got one of the 25% off games for $10. Now there is no sign posted with this deal I was told by an employee and it was confirmed by another employee who works specifically in Video Games section. My wife said she saw the actual print out that had either 25% off or $10 w/ accessory purchase. The girl that worked in video games walked me around pointing out clearance accessories, which was shocking because most employees would push controllers or high dollar accessories. Any ways here is what I scored:

Wii Power Save 512 MB SD Card - $8.49 + Kane & Lynch - $10
WiiMote NFL Controller Skins Accessory Pack - $8.49 + Turning Point - $10

These are a few of the other titles:

- Fifa Street 3 (360)
- NFL Tour (360)
- Simpsons (Wii Version/360)
- Folklore (PS3)
- Nascar 08 (360)

and a few others

Also if you want to score just the games you can return the accessories to another store or later at the same location because the promo does not appear on the receipt.

I picked up a couple games in the Marina, CA BB. Wii NiGHTS for $15(half off the $30) and Mega Man Zero 4 for $10. All GBA games were $10; I saw Link to the Past, Pokemon Emerald and FireRed, and a ridiculous amount of Deal Or No Deal.

Didn't look like they added more from last time; I saw stuff like Manhunt 2 on Wii, Star Trek Conquest, ZACK and WIKI, Bladestorm for 360, Odin Sphere PS2 etc etc. Most had the yellow sticker which meant 50%. nights and serveral Wii games had the orange-ish sticker which I thought meant 15% off but the cashier gave me 50% off anyway.

[quote name='Donnums']I picked up a couple games in the Marina, CA BB. Wii NiGHTS for $15(half off the $30) and Mega Man Zero 4 for $10. All GBA games were $10; I saw Link to the Past, Pokemon Emerald and FireRed, and a ridiculous amount of Deal Or No Deal.

Didn't look like they added more from last time; I saw stuff like Manhunt 2 on Wii, Star Trek Conquest, ZACK and WIKI, Bladestorm for 360, Odin Sphere PS2 etc etc. Most had the yellow sticker which meant 50%. nights and serveral Wii games had the orange-ish sticker which I thought meant 15% off but the cashier gave me 50% off anyway.[/quote]
were the Simpsons (wii) on sale there?

Just from what little deals I can find at my local Best Buy I want to find their media supervisor and punch them in the nuts. And if they dont have any I want to surgically graft some onto them and then punch them in the nuts.

It seems like mine will always have the worst possible "deals" out of the ones I read about here.

I bought Lost (PS3) and Jericho (PS3) at my local Best Buy in Olympia, WA @ 2 for $25. Good deal, considering I never wanted to pay more than $20 for each. xD

:360:

All-Pro Football 2K8 $5 (had a TON of these) - NONE AT Houston NW Crossing store

ADD TABLE TENNIS $10 (again, AT Hou NW Xing store) - *I picked it up for free after my $10 Reward Zone points)

No clearance in Fredericksburg, VA but the Microsoft wireless adaptors are priced at $69.99...I wonder if a universal price drop is coming?

BB in Hawthorne, CA:

NHL 2k8 PS3 - $19.99
Kane & Lynch PS3 - $39.99 (might be $29.99):whistle2:k
Mana Khemia PS2 - $29.99
Fire Emblem Wii - $39.99
Lost in Blue 3 DS - $9.99
Warhammer 40,000 DS - $9.99
Stranglehold 360 - $19.99

They had others like Golden Compass and PotC but these are the ones that stood out for me.

Also, all their guides are 25% off. There is a sign in that section. The discount will have to be applied manually(must mention sign).

About 10 React Nightblade Guitar's either open box or new on clearance for 12.99 at the Waterford Lakes BB in Orlando, FL - they also marked down the Ninja Gaiden Wall 'Graffix' to .50 cents, also had another React Guitar for 33 bucks.

This 'manager's section ' is in the middle of the store on a table in between games and DVD's.

Thank you to those of you listing the stores, to those of you that don't...-__- Anyways, I'm gonna check out the one in South Charlotte off S. Tryon near Ft. Mill later today and post my findings by editing this post.

EDIT***

At the Best Buy on S. Tryon near Ft. Mill, but still in Charlotte, They had a very meager selection right at the checkout, right in the middle of them, so it is hard to browse but I got Elite Beat Agents for $15. They also had Parappa the Rapper for PSP and then mostly PS2/Xbox360 games that didn't look any good. The only PS3 game was MLB 2007: The Show, not sure what price it was though. There also wasn't anything for Wii. Yeah, and there were like 6 copies of Final Fantasy V for the GBA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, wish i read the sooner, i would love to pick up odin sphere, jean de arc and sonata (whoo system trifecta!).

But I was at my best buy yesterday and they really only had a very small rac of games, and they were mostly DS, which reminds me, why were there no DS games listed in the OP?

well, i'll just put in an update that my best buy has DS games 50% off, the only one i noticed though (and may buy) was Contra 4, for only 10 bucks!

The BB near me has:

PS3

Genji - $14.99

DS

Phoenix Wright - Trials and Tribulations $9

John Woo Stranglehold - $15
Fatal Inertia - $9.99
Beautiful Katamari - $19.99

I am wanting a copy of Dynasty Warriors Gundam!!! If you have one you would like to trade (factory sealed) for one of the ones that I have access to please let me know, hell even if you don't want it I'd pay for shipping and gas to go get it xD.

Dude get PW:TT at that price.....
Also:
Not much I can remember mostly sport games >_>
but I remember Marvel Trading Card Game:9.99

My BB is a joke..they had a bin in the front and had Alien Syndrome PSP marked for $39.99 (and it was 19.99 a few weeks back) then put a clearance sticker on it for 20% off. um...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back