Best Buy @Gamer coupons 9/1/2013 - 10/5/2013 - Remember Me - $20 off, Transformers Prime - $20 off

kitsunisan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Just got the latest issue of the magazine.

Remember Me - $20 off 

Transformers Prime - $20 off ($29.99 after coupon)

WWE '13 - $10 off ($29.99 after coupon)

Disney Planes - $10 off (Wii U, Wii, 3DS and DS)

$10 any pre-owned game $29.99 and up

$50 off pulse elite wireless headsets with 500GB PS3 GTA V bundle

$40 off Ear Force XP400 wireless headset (360)

$20 off Ear Force N11 headset (Wii U and 3DS)

Coupons run from 9/1/13-10/5/13.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to renew my subscription back in july, and never received any magazines.  I went into best buy recently, and it shows that even though I bought the subscription, I was never signed up.  They told me I had to sign up for the subscription online.  Well, I went all over the site looking for the subscription page, but couldn't find jack shit, only that stupid my best buy crap.  Can someone direct me to the page?

Thanks, dude. I got a PM from Metal Slugger but he didn't reply, so I guess I'll use your code. I just don't know how to use it.

How do I use the coupon code?
Sorry, went to bed early last night since I'm getting sick.

Trying to figure out what to use my Welcome coupons on...the 10% off digital only applies to printed kiosk codes right? I'd like to use it on some Wii points but I can't remember if they sell those digitally.

Oh sorry mask, the code I sent is just for online use, I'd have to print and scan and email the barcode one I think for you to use it in the store.  Anyways, the code is put in on the last checkout screen as "promotional codes" is the box I believe.

When I ordered the N11 last night, CHROME browser wouldn't complete the checkout, gave me some generic error message, so had to use FIREFOX to order online.  First time that has happened.

So on the topic of the N11s I didn't get to use them with the WiiU yet (or the WiiU since it was late by the time I got the entertainment center rearranged and still had to charge the controller) but played Elite Beat Agents and Theatrhythm demo for a bit. I can see what people mean about low volume though it was adequate and I forgot to try the inline controls. The headset feels surprisingly solid for the price range but the material covering the ear cups doesn't feel as nice. Didn't bother my ears but definitely not premium material. Overall reasonably comfortable for the time I was wearing them and I have a very large head and ears so most headsets get uncomfortable after 10 minutes.

I would probably be contemplating a return of they were around $20 but at $10 I'm quite happy.

So on the topic of the N11s I didn't get to use them with the WiiU yet (or the WiiU since it was late by the time I got the entertainment center rearranged and still had to charge the controller) but played Elite Beat Agents and Theatrhythm demo for a bit. I can see what people mean about low volume though it was adequate and I forgot to try the inline controls. The headset feels surprisingly solid for the price range but the material covering the ear cups doesn't feel as nice. Didn't bother my ears but definitely not premium material. Overall reasonably comfortable for the time I was wearing them and I have a very large head and ears so most headsets get uncomfortable after 10 minutes.

I would probably be contemplating a return of they were around $20 but at $10 I'm quite happy.

Alright, I managed to pick these up with the coupon last night from a different store without the disinterested cashier batting an eye (because it goes through the computer). I think that one cashier with the stick up his ass the other day was just an anomaly, these people aren't paid enough to care or they know the coupon policy well enough (I'd say the former). I said I'd post my impressions, so here goes.

The headset was pretty comfortable in my experience (like the poster above I have a big head I guess so the 360 headset in box is uncomfortable as all shit), plastic quality seemed fine and the mic is awesome. There's no fuzz cover for it needed and the entire thing is flexible. It also works as a mic with the 3ds (fooled around in 3DS Sound), and it works BETTER than the internal mic imo. As for the headphones, they do a good job with noise around you and a good job with the surround sound hitting you from what feels like different places (as the previous review said). However, there's just 1 flaw with the headphones. The volume.

The critiques of the volume when used with the Wii U gamepad still unfortunately hold true. In a quiet room, the headphones and the internal speakers (of the 3DSXL) both provided pretty much the same noise level (both at max) for me when I play. For headphones that are in your ears, that's kinda disappointing. On the bright side, the sound with the headphones was clearer, and since I play in noisy rooms a lot, it would be nice to finally be able to hear the sound perfectly over it.

For $10 (and no more), you could do a lot worse for a headset with such a solid mic. Go for it. The fact that it works for both systems (I'll probably own a Wii U eventually..) is a big extra plus. Also, someone in this thread said it could be used with PC with a splitter, so there's that too. Go for it.

Edit: Tested headset out while playing my DKC:R 3D that came today from Newegg. Fun game (worth the $20 shipped I spent), with a good sound range to test the audio of the headset with.

The low volume issue is definitely the fault of the Game Pad. My N11s have full volume with my Zune but half volume with the pad; same results with an actual set of headphones. Setting the Game Pad's audio output to Stereo helps a little...hopefully this can be fixed with a system update.

The N11s are definitely more cheaply made than comparable TB sets on PS360 but it's still great and just as comfortable.

Ended up picking up both the N11s and Transformers, I've played through the game before and enjoyed it enough, easily worth $10. The headset was more for the mic part so I could use an actual mic in MH instead of the gamepad one which picks up everything.

I am more than willing to trade my transformers coupon code for any club nintendo code that I don't have, If not I will just give it away before it expires. Just PM me.

Definetly not planning on getting it. Haha

I got the headphones though. :)

It sounds loud enough to me but I am guessing thats because its quiet around here.

I am more than willing to trade my transformers coupon code for any club nintendo code that I don't have, If not I will just give it away before it expires. Just PM me.

Definetly not planning on getting it. Haha

I got the headphones though. :)

It sounds loud enough to me but I am guessing thats because its quiet around here.
hook it up bro, when i find a club nintendo code i'll get back to you!

Well the N11 is back up to $50 before coupon and that sale's pretty bad unless it was stuff you were planning to pick up anyway.
fuck fuck fuck! Someone gave me their N11 code and I forgot it was online only so didn't use it in store (as didn't see any at store I was at).

So much to whomever said that the games that there are coupons for always drop the lowest in price the last week of the coupon. Remind me to never listen to that guy again. I knew I should've bought Remember me a month ago when it would've been $20 with the coupon. Now it's the last week of the coupon and of course it's still $60. Lame.

Man, I had a hell of a time trying to renew my GCU membership yesterday, I yelled at a few people, drank half a bottled Coke at the counter and left the store without paying..

As most of us who probably signed up the first day you could when the program launched, my membership expired 9/28/13. So, regardless of all the sh*t talking that occurs about this program, I decided, well ONE free game possibility for 12 months or a nice discount outweighs the $14.99 subscription fee. So, I was going to buy a Disney Infinity figure, and GRID 2 and renew my subscription, a good $50 tossed their way.

The store I was out was a smaller scale one with no central help desk or video game desk for that matter. So, I decided to just deal with it at the register. Of course I get a white shirt, with a blue shirt helping him. I tell him what I'd like to do and he proceeds to sign me up for a brand new My BB account. I said NO, I already have that, I want to renew the GCU membership. He looks dumbfounded, so I just ask him to call up the video game dept guy. The guy comes up and understands what I want to do. He starts going to every register to look for the pamphlet, doesn't find one, goes to the video game area, none there. I sh*t you not, they just throw their hands in the air and say sorry we can't do anything. I tell them you are going to miss out on $50 with a membership renewal and that is OK with you? Flabbergasted at this thought, his next idea was to call another store. Two phone calls later, NOTHING. He then realizes he can go to the touch screen end cap kiosk and print out a ticket with the code. This happens.

So I go back to the checkout lanes. This time a lady rings me up, pulls up my My BB account and scans the ticket. Then it says something like 'My BB ID card must be shown' and takes the GCU SKU completely off the screen. She tries again, same result. I was so pissed off by this time that I just said fuck it and left it, half drank coke and open bag of fruit snacks (from my kid) laying on the counter with the game and figure. So much shit, I don't even know if I'll bother to renew now..

So much to whomever said that the games that there are coupons for always drop the lowest in price the last week of the coupon. Remind me to never listen to that guy again. I knew I should've bought Remember me a month ago when it would've been $20 with the coupon. Now it's the last week of the coupon and of course it's still $60. Lame.
It was $40 earlier and I missed it?! :cold: Dang, that's what I've been waiting for too.

Man, I had a hell of a time trying to renew my GCU membership yesterday, I yelled at a few people, drank half a bottled Coke at the counter and left the store without paying..

As most of us who probably signed up the first day you could when the program launched, my membership expired 9/28/13. So, regardless of all the sh*t talking that occurs about this program, I decided, well ONE free game possibility for 12 months or a nice discount outweighs the $14.99 subscription fee. So, I was going to buy a Disney Infinity figure, and GRID 2 and renew my subscription, a good $50 tossed their way.

The store I was out was a smaller scale one with no central help desk or video game desk for that matter. So, I decided to just deal with it at the register. Of course I get a white shirt, with a blue shirt helping him. I tell him what I'd like to do and he proceeds to sign me up for a brand new My BB account. I said NO, I already have that, I want to renew the GCU membership. He looks dumbfounded, so I just ask him to call up the video game dept guy. The guy comes up and understands what I want to do. He starts going to every register to look for the pamphlet, doesn't find one, goes to the video game area, none there. I sh*t you not, they just throw their hands in the air and say sorry we can't do anything. I tell them you are going to miss out on $50 with a membership renewal and that is OK with you? Flabbergasted at this thought, his next idea was to call another store. Two phone calls later, NOTHING. He then realizes he can go to the touch screen end cap kiosk and print out a ticket with the code. This happens.

So I go back to the checkout lanes. This time a lady rings me up, pulls up my My BB account and scans the ticket. Then it says something like 'My BB ID card must be shown' and takes the GCU SKU completely off the screen. She tries again, same result. I was so pissed off by this time that I just said fuck it and left it, half drank coke and open bag of fruit snacks (from my kid) laying on the counter with the game and figure. So much shit, I don't even know if I'll bother to renew now..
As frustrating as BB can be sometimes you don't need to be a dick about it, especially in front of your child. If you're really that pissed just buy a candy bar or something and rip them in the feedback survey. Plus they did eventually find out what to do for you but a computer glitch messed it up...not really anything a cashier can do about that.

When the physical :wiiu: Luigi U came out last month I was in the store with my family for almost 45 minutes while they tried to find the shipment (and by "they", I mean every single available employee in the building). Internally I was pretty pissed since I was wasting my night off standing in line instead of playing Wii U with my family, but I played it cool and gave them time to fix the problem. Turned out that the morning receiving employee had fucked up and lost the shipment, which was something that none of the night employees could do anything about. What my cashier DID do was give my kids some free licorice, call another store to arrange a pickup and give me $10 off the game. Yes, I had to take an extra 20 minute round trip to get my copy but I got it at a hugely discounted price on launch day after the employees had done everything they could...can't really ask for more than that given the situation.

Based on your wording it sounds like she didn't scan your actual BBRZ card...maybe try that next time? Worked for me and everyone else in the thread who's successfully renewed.

He really didn't do anything bad. Hell when I went to renew it took over an hour because they had no idea what to do. They even made me call their help line because they said it had to be done on line lol

As frustrating as BB can be sometimes you don't need to be a dick about it, especially in front of your child.
This is how assholes beget assholes. And he stole food on top of it. Great example you're setting for your child. Have fun when he's an entitled, asshole teenager just like his entitled asshole father.

He really didn't do anything bad. Hell when I went to renew it took over an hour because they had no idea what to do. They even made me call their help line because they said it had to be done on line lol
The garbage thing is douchey but not a big deal in the long run. It's the yelling thing that's not OK, especially in front of a child. No retail situation ever calls for behavior like that. BB is definitely frustrating at times and needs to have competent employees but customer service is a two way street.

What a shitty parent. Someone should call CPS on this guy.

This is how assholes beget assholes. And he stole food on top of it. Great example you're setting for your child. Have fun when he's an entitled, asshole teenager just like his entitled asshole father.
You have overreached. You have provided yourself as a fine example to support the first line of your post. There is absolutely no need to make disparaging comments about another person's family members, especially their children.

@Ryuukishi - It was $40 at Best Buy the week prior to the coupon going live.  It was also $40 at other stores during the time the coupon was live.  Either way, you would have needed a manager and luck in order to get the game for under $40.

Yeah, I agree its pretty stupid to throw a fit, especially if you know when you go in they might not know shit lol.

Again though Cheapassgamers brings in cheap ass personalities, which would mean you know the rational of ghetto ass people.

Not attacking everyone but the people that want to act like animals.

lulz 

OMG everyone, maybe I was over exaggerating to tell a story, the only reason I didn't pay for my drink and the fruit snacks was because my only form of payment was my BB credit card, which would have had to been processed through my social security number b/c the card is broken. I had already wasted 30 minutes of my time with my wife literally calling me every 5 minutes wondering why I went there in the first place. So, I wasn't about to place a $5 charge on my credit card b/c THOSE douchebags couldn't figure out how to THEIR job and make some money. I didn't walk out of the store with them, I didn't 'steal' anything, just sampled :p  As for the yelling, it wasn't like craziness, just a slight elevation in tone b/c I couldn't believe how incompetent everyone was.

Really, the whole point of my post was just to see if anybody else had maybe tried to renew recently and had issues, get some feedback going. I think their systems are probably screwed converting to this My BB program. THERE! I should have just said that..sorry!

best buy protip: if the cashier can't make it work in 5 minutes, it won't work in 30. never have I seen something actually get resolved in store if it didn't work in the first few minutes of an attempted transaction.

remember when they had b2g1 sales where the middle game was always free? ah, sweet memories.

I didn't walk out of the store with them, I didn't 'steal' anything, just sampled :p
It reminds me of that greasy douche at Walmart who was "sampling" hair putty buy taking half of one container and smashing it on his greasy head. It made one side of his head look white like it was shampooed.

I had a similar situation to token2k6 when I was attempting to renew my GCU membership (employees couldn't find pamphlets, first 5 people I talked to knew nothing about what it even was, etc..). 45 minutes later I was subscribed but never got the coupons for that month. Thankfully they just overrode the Tank Tank Tank price to free in the absence of the coupon I wanted to use when signing up. I even dealt with this when I was trying to get my extra 10% on a recent trade-in where in-store people + on phone people weren't even aware of the program or it's benefits. I actually got a response when I did the trade in of "sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. We'll just have to see what happens". It didn't work and I spent the next 2 days trying to get it which ended in a manager in-store overriding a purchase to take off what I was owed and a $10 reward-zone cert from the Best Buy forums where I complained.

Best Buy customer service has really taken a dip recently in my opinion with how they've re-organized the stores and taken away employees in specialty areas. The remodeled gaming section in my local Best Buy is very unorganized and you have to walk clear across the store to find anyone to help you find a game (unless you want to spend an hour digging through stacks of games like I did this past Saturday to find out it was in the back). When I originally signed up for GCU Best Buy was really over-achieving and getting a lot of my gaming dollars, but with how things are going now... not so much. It's kind of sad to see a great thing turn into turd.

That being said, I was always patient and I feel like I was compensated eventually for having to wait for untrained employees to do their job...

If anyone is not planning on using their $10 off a used game coupon, I am looking for a second one.  I can trade any of the other coupons (except for the Transformers one) because I'm not planning on using any of them (tho I don't know if they're worth anything or not...).  

I noticed that for BF4 you could get a $10 certificate. So when I traded Madden 25 in today they told me it was only for 360/PS3. Any confirmation yet that this will be for next gen eventually? I decided to get KZ Shadow Fall instead.

The GCU $14.99 sign up was impossible on Sunday when I tried. A good hour of troubleshooting with no resolution. If someone is able to successfully sign up this week please post the steps you and the employee took to make this work.

The only viable way to even get the GCU membership to show at the POS was to print a $14.99 GCU from the preorder kiosk. Yet, once I did this, the system bounced the cashier out with an error message - making a checkout impossible.

Unless this is resolved (by someone posting that they renewed or signed up in the mean time with the steps to do so) it is likely impossible to sign up or renew Gamer's Club Unlocked at this time.

OMG everyone, maybe I was over exaggerating to tell a story, the only reason I didn't pay for my drink and the fruit snacks was because my only form of payment was my BB credit card, which would have had to been processed through my social security number b/c the card is broken. I had already wasted 30 minutes of my time with my wife literally calling me every 5 minutes wondering why I went there in the first place. So, I wasn't about to place a $5 charge on my credit card b/c THOSE douchebags couldn't figure out how to THEIR job and make some money. I didn't walk out of the store with them, I didn't 'steal' anything, just sampled :p As for the yelling, it wasn't like craziness, just a slight elevation in tone b/c I couldn't believe how incompetent everyone was.

Really, the whole point of my post was just to see if anybody else had maybe tried to renew recently and had issues, get some feedback going. I think their systems are probably screwed converting to this My BB program. THERE! I should have just said that..sorry!

No from someone who's worked in customer service(unfortunately) for years, you basically acted like an asshole. You showed the same thought process that people have all too frequently which is "Hey I'm going to be paying for something that you have so I can act however I want and be as rude as I feel like if need be" which is all too prevalent. Yes their at fault for not knowing how to do that, but your more at fault for acting entitled, going there when you shouldn't have and then not even bringing any other form or payment either. And call me crazy but you didn't just "sample' anything. You ate something that you didn't pay for and then cause you were pissed and brought no other form of payment just left anyone. Plus I'm pretty sure that no one was forcing you to open those before you paid for them.

The GCU $14.99 sign up was impossible on Sunday when I tried. A good hour of troubleshooting with no resolution. If someone is able to successfully sign up this week please post the steps you and the employee took to make this work.

The only viable way to even get the GCU membership to show at the POS was to print a $14.99 GCU from the preorder kiosk. Yet, once I did this, the system bounced the cashier out with an error message - making a checkout impossible.

Unless this is resolved (by someone posting that they renewed or signed up in the mean time with the steps to do so) it is likely impossible to sign up or renew Gamer's Club Unlocked at this time.
I was able to renew tonight (Monday), I searched for "unlocked" at the gaming kiosk, printed the slip, and took it to customer service. The associate scanned the barcode on the slip and then scanned my Rewards card, which prompted the error. I remembered reading in this thread that they need to scan your Rewards, then scan the membership to prevent the error from prompting. I asked her to try it this way and it worked. She then told me I should work at Best Buy...

I double checked on https://my.bestbuy.com/gamers/benefits and it shows "RZ Gamers Club Unlocked through 9/30/2014"

The only thing is, I thought it was supposed to prompt if I wanted the physical magazine or digital? I currently receive the physical version in the mail so I assume I should still receive that.

The only thing is, I thought it was supposed to prompt if I wanted the physical magazine or digital? I currently receive the physical version in the mail so I assume I should still receive that.
They cut the physical edition, so there's no prompt that asks you whether you want the physical or digital version. You will be getting the digital.

The last few times I've gone to my Best Buy, the gaming kiosk has shown a blue error screen. Guess no one is signing up or renewing anytime soon....

when I renewed, a rep searched on one of their systems (not the touch screen thing).  I watched as he took a few minutes to find it.  there were several links about GCU but only a few actually showed a sku.

That's the crappiest thing I've ever heard in a while. Sure, these employees are about as smart as an invention for pickle flavored ice cream, but you don't need to act like that, or steal from the store.

I renewed on 9/24 with no problems. My process:

1. Print GCU ticket from gaming kiosk

2. Have cashier scan my physical BBRZ card first

3. Scan the GCU ticket

4. Pay

When you print the ticket, make sure you've got the right membership. You can also print the free membership or a plain old @gamer sub (fucking why since you need GCU to use the coupons), but you specifically need the Gamer's Club one that shows $14.99. If you don't have a Reward Zone/myBB card then you need to create an account and get one first before you try process the GCU transaction.

I decided to take a trip and used my physical coupons, so if anyone would like one, I have all of the digital coupons available via PM. I'll update this as they go.

Gone - $10 off used, Transformers Prime, Remember Me

bread's done
Back