Best Buy gaming laptops?

shnizzle66

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
hey guys, Im evacuating for Hurricane Gustav sometime on Saturday and my family really needs a laptop since we don't have one, but the thing is that since my computer is dieing fast and I need a laptop for school anyway, I get the laptop in like 2-3 months so I get to choose it. Price isnt really a concern but Id like to keep it under 2000 bucks. Now, whats the BEST gaming laptop I can find at BB? I saw the Asus laptop on the site but it says online only, im really hoping I could get that one in store maybe but then theres the Gateways that Ive got my eye on

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8892825&type=product&id=1211587727985
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8780198&type=product&id=1204332501169

Theyre both the same model but I cant decide If should sacrifice 200 gigs for slightly better performance. What laptop should I get? Please make any suggestions if you got any, and If theres any coupons Id love to get one since cash will be tight for the next few weeks. Thanks.

I would go with the first one because it has faster processor. You won't probably use up all 200gb anyway so I don't think it matter. I don't know if you can get better laptop for around $2000 but you should look at newegg or buy.com first. But yeah if I had $2000 i wouldn't buy a laptop for gaming xD I would buy a decent laptop that will do all that I need for school (around $1000) and then get a $1000 desktop (which will be far more superior than a $2000 desktop) XD

The first one is all around better than the second. The first one IS the best gaming laptop you can buy at Bestbuy. The P-7811FX is the one you want because it has a faster harddriver, faster ram, faster cpu, faster gpu, a higher resolution screen and is based on the newest mobile platform.

Hope everything goes alright with your evacuation.

Alright, I might just get an external hard drive then or maybe later down the road put a new hardrive in all together, im a huge music guy and Ive got a shitload of albums on here, im talking like around 100 gigs which is why Im worried about the hard drive space. I really dont want a desktop anymore since Id rather have a portable computer now too.
Any chance I could get a better laptop for that price at another big chain?

And thanks. Ive got a bad feeling about this one, though...

Shnizzle66 you can probably find better deal for that much around Black friday sales. But If you can't wait try online retailers like I said. Check CircuitCity or Frys. But yeah if you have that much music man you would still have that around 60-80Gb left free space after windows and applications that came with the laptops. That should cover your gaming =). But yeah seen like you don't want to order it's online. It's hard to find a good deal on laptops online. But try SD, they post some pretty good deal on gaming laptop sometime. Goodluck on shopping for your new laptop.

As was said...wait for a Black Friday sale.

Also, if you really want a gaming-specific laptop...you may want to scope out Dell and their XPS line. Its tough to top their normal pricing on most of their lineup, and their quality has greatly improved from the olden days where they'd shove any no-name crap into a box and call it awesome. Theyve gotten a lot of quality parts deals with top brands, and its really showing in most everything they sell these days. Dell typically offers free shipment as well on new units.

If you can wait for November, bfads.net will likely post up every available localized deal on a laptop you can imagine. All that youll have to do from there is wait in line with the other folks shopping for super savings.

Also, USB hard drive. Theyre ultra-portable. Shove all yer music on it, and itll be there when you need it. Much more efficient than trying to spot a laptop with a 320gb hard drive. Not to mention if windows ever has pending issues that cannot be resolved it allows you to take your important info, like music, homework, etc all to another machine.

hello, if you really want a gaming-specific laptop...you may go Dell small Business.com by going through Rebation.com. I bought Dell Latitude D830 15.4" widescreen notebook at Dell Small Business.com by going through Rebation.com. By going through this i got laptop for $809 only & i got 9% cash back also. Actually this laptop price was $1,117 after discount $809 only. I am very very happy to say this.

why not get a sager from xoticpc.com or powernotebooks.com. you might not know much about them but they're the best laptops period. and they're customer service and technical support are top notch.

Check out gentech pc - the asus comps they have there are amazing, and they are very reputable. For more opinions on laptops check out the forums at notebookreview.com - very good resource when buying/asking questions about laptops

looks like Ill be waiting longer for a laptop since she went out and bought this instead of the Gateway one because "it was a gaming laptop", of course she goes out thinking she knows everything and fucks it all up. She bought some virus protection software ive never heard of for 50 bucks and then office 2007 for 150 bucks, when I already have it...Little sidenote on top of that, she got my phone exchanged since it died for no reason last night and left my 4gig memory card in it at the at&t store and now Ill never see it again :) Great!

[quote name='shnizzle66']looks like Ill be waiting longer for a laptop since she went out and bought this instead of the Gateway one because "it was a gaming laptop", of course she goes out thinking she knows everything and fucks it all up. She bought some virus protection software ive never heard of for 50 bucks and then office 2007 for 150 bucks, when I already have it...Little sidenote on top of that, she got my phone exchanged since it died for no reason last night and left my 4gig memory card in it at the at&t store and now Ill never see it again :) Great![/quote]
that's suck man :bomb: Oviously your "she" got sweet talked by the saleman over there =( Happen all the time to woman. They can't stand sweettalk :bomb: lol. Shoulda warned her to have you come for such expensive expands XD. And suck to hear the loss of that 4gb memory card as well lol. Can you come back with your "she" and tell the people there you forgot important informations in there and you need it. I'm sure it will stay there for awhile.

The P-7811 is going on sale at Best Buy this sunday for $1,249 with a free game. It can be any game for $49.99 or less. And yes it is the best gaming laptop you can buy and can be an awesome desktop replacement.

Damn thats tempting. Were evacuating sunday though...We havent opened the laptop yet (btw the "she" is my mom, im still in high school so I couldnt go with her during the day) and she said the salesman even said the one I told her to get was a very, very nice laptop but that the one she got was cheaper and then when I got a big more pissed off she told me she wanted to get me a gaming laptop for christmas. Doh.

That deal is very good though, how long is it lasting?

hehe Typical mom mistake in trusting saleman XD they're oviously want her to buy the overstock shit they have lol. Tell her to go exchange it since you haven't open yet and get that one P7811.

[quote name='luan87us']that's suck man :bomb: Oviously your "she" got sweet talked by the saleman over there =( Happen all the time to woman. They can't stand sweettalk :bomb: lol. Shoulda warned her to have you come for such expensive expands XD. And suck to hear the loss of that 4gb memory card as well lol. Can you come back with your "she" and tell the people there you forgot important informations in there and you need it. I'm sure it will stay there for awhile.[/quote]

Dude, you are so full of it that I don't know where to start. I don't know if you've ever met a woman outside of your mom because I've seen ladies who can ballbust a salesguy into giving them just about anything, plus an extra 10% off.

And to be honest, it has less to do with what's between someone's legs and more to do with people who actually care about doing their homework first. Looks like his mom isn't one of those people; shit happens.

[quote name='crunchberries']Dude, you are so full of it that I don't know where to start. I don't know if you've ever met a woman outside of your mom because I've seen ladies who can ballbust a salesguy into giving them just about anything, plus an extra 10% off.

And to be honest, it has less to do with what's between someone's legs and more to do with people who actually care about doing their homework first. Looks like his mom isn't one of those people; shit happens.[/quote]

i don't even know what you're driving at. Prolly had a bad day? lol I was in no way mean any disrespectful. I was simply joking with him as for I keep using the world lol and smiley faces. I don't see why you feel so aggrovate while the OP himself isn't. From what he said I'm sure she was sweet talked by the saleman into buy that laptop for him. He wasn't there to make the decision. Stop being angry over the intraweb. =p

[quote name='luan87us']i don't even know what you're driving at. Prolly had a bad day? lol I was in no way mean any disrespectful. I was simply joking with him as for I keep using the world lol and smiley faces. I don't see why you feel so aggrovate while the OP himself isn't. From what he said I'm sure she was sweet talked by the saleman into buy that laptop for him. He wasn't there to make the decision. Stop being angry over the intraweb. =p[/quote]

Here, I'll spell it out for you. You're being sexist, joking or not, and that's not cool. All the smiley faces in the world won't make up for it, either.

And trust me, I'm not angry at all. I'm disgusted that you can be so cheerfully narrowminded. I'd tell you to grow up, but I'd be wasting my breath.

[quote name='crunchberries']Here, I'll spell it out for you. You're being sexist, joking or not, and that's not cool. All the smiley faces in the world won't make up for it, either.

And trust me, I'm not angry at all. I'm disgusted that you can be so cheerfully narrowminded. I'd tell you to grow up, but I'd be wasting my breath.[/quote]
lol i'm sorry if my "joke" offended you. But seriously being so aggrovate against someone comment on the internet seen pretty pathetic to me.

[quote name='kosh_kesh24']Dude, your mom bought you a free laptop. Quit bitching.[/quote]

No, she didnt. Its actually hers now, so I gotta pick one to get for xmas. Is that deal with the gateway laptop discount and a free game at BB going on today? Id love to get Orange Box for free or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best buy deal is going on today but I wouldn't advise to get the Orange Box for your free 50 dollar game. The Orange Box retails around 40 and Amazon has it for $30.00.

Also that amazon laptop is a terrible deal. I have that model that I bought straight from HP earlier this month and it was only 1200 and I have a 2.53 Ghz processor and the 9600 GT.

[quote name='shnizzle66']looks like Ill be waiting longer for a laptop since she went out and bought this instead of the Gateway one because "it was a gaming laptop", of course she goes out thinking she knows everything and fucks it all up. She bought some virus protection software ive never heard of for 50 bucks and then office 2007 for 150 bucks, when I already have it...Little sidenote on top of that, she got my phone exchanged since it died for no reason last night and left my 4gig memory card in it at the at&t store and now Ill never see it again :) Great![/quote]

If it matters that much to you, why didn't you go with her when she did all of that stuff for you?

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']If it matters that much to you, why didn't you go with her when she did all of that stuff for you?[/quote]
lol he said he was in school so he couldn't come with her during the day. To OP if you can you should wait for a bit. Check out SD often they post alot of laptop deals there.

Im gonna wait it out, but right now Im looking towards buying a new one come xmas. I want a voodoo Envy laptop since they look simply badass, but If I get the customization grid correctly then the largest it can go harddrive wise is 80 gigs which is nowhere near enough for me. Im going to be honest and say i really dont know much about who's who when it comes to gaming pc manufacterers and who makes the best machines, so any deals/recommendations on a gaming laptop you guys have would be great.

bread's done
Back