Best Buy save $10 PC

Thanks for the Coupon!

But I'm amazed that SC II is coming out at $60. I guess Blizzard got used to monthly subscription fees and is trying to make up some "lost" revenue.

Well, Warcraft III was $60 when it came out, so no surprise on the SC2 price. :(

As for release date, Bliz hasn't said a thing. I doubt it'll be out in 2008.

[quote name='Dezuria']Well, Warcraft III was $60 when it came out, so no surprise on the SC2 price. :(

As for release date, Bliz hasn't said a thing. I doubt it'll be out in 2008.[/quote]

For reals?

Holy fuck!

No it didn't. They're probably thinking of the limited edition one that comes with a bunch of stuff. I know I would have reacted really badly to a $60 game, given how badly I reacted to them years later when the 360 started doing that.

That could be a placeholder price? Anyway no way I'm ordering it until I find out if it has "activation" DRM. I'm guessing a Blizzard game won't, but...

[quote name='Wolfpup']No it didn't. They're probably thinking of the limited edition one that comes with a bunch of stuff. I know I would have reacted really badly to a $60 game, given how badly I reacted to them years later when the 360 started doing that.

That could be a placeholder price? Anyway no way I'm ordering it until I find out if it has "activation" DRM. I'm guessing a Blizzard game won't, but...[/quote]

Blizzard doesn't need DRM when they have Battle.net, if you wanna play online they already have you by the balls.

Yeah, just using that as their DRM is fine to me, as long as you don't need it for single player (although I usually just connect to Battle.net anyway just because it's easier to grab updates that way).

You should probably add "on select preorders" to the title. Right now it sounds like it's $10 off any PC game. Which would be nice, BTW...

Looks like you have to buy an additional $29.99 game to get the $10 off, which kind of blows the deal f you don't want any thing else.

Haha - I'm still wondering why BB would list a game that hasn't even had a beta yet. Unless Blizz announces SC2 beta before (or at BlizzCon), I don't see how they have a chance of being ready for a SHIPPING version just 2 months later.

I'm trying to remember how much SC1 was. $49.99 right? Or is my memory hazy.

[quote name='Wolfpup']No it didn't. They're probably thinking of the limited edition one that comes with a bunch of stuff. I know I would have reacted really badly to a $60 game, given how badly I reacted to them years later when the 360 started doing that.

That could be a placeholder price? Anyway no way I'm ordering it until I find out if it has "activation" DRM. I'm guessing a Blizzard game won't, but...[/QUOTE]

I don't want to argue with you, because we're both basing this on our memories...but I am 100% certain WC3 was priced at $59.99.

[quote name='jimmyshadow']I don't want to argue with you, because we're both basing this on our memories...but I am 100% certain WC3 was priced at $59.99.[/quote]

I don't think it was.

Regardless, I am 100% okay with paying $60 or $70 for a very high quality title. I've spent hundreds of hours playing Blizzard titles... though this willingness to pay also applies to other awesome games with less replay value, like Resident Evil 4.

When I saw this thread I got excited. Then I was sad again because it's only $10 off if you purchase an additional PC game.

I'm waiting for an actual $10 off coupon so I can pick up the galactic edition of Spore for $50 (msrp at other places $80)

I'll pay $49.99 for SC2, that's where I'd top off tho, and I'd hope to get a better deal to boot.
This is the CAG site, I mean c'mon ;)

[quote name='mav451']Haha - I'm still wondering why BB would list a game that hasn't even had a beta yet. Unless Blizz announces SC2 beta before (or at BlizzCon), I don't see how they have a chance of being ready for a SHIPPING version just 2 months later.

I'm trying to remember how much SC1 was. $49.99 right? Or is my memory hazy.[/quote]

SC2 probably won't even have a public beta.

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']Why is Starcraft II priced at $60? Because they can.[/QUOTE]

Well, think about it: there are people that bought Starcraft when it came out years ago and still play it today. Assuming the $50 figure someone gave is the price it launched at, is $ 5 a year for a game that's offered free online play for that entire ten years really such an outrageous price?

Blizzard makes quality stuff, and you're going to get a ton of play time out of the game. I know we're all here for the same reason, but some games are worth full price. Starcraft II should be one of those.

[quote name='jimmyshadow']I don't want to argue with you, because we're both basing this on our memories...but I am 100% certain WC3 was priced at $59.99.[/QUOTE]

In the USA, Warcraft III was $49.99. If you bought the collector's edition it cost more.

If you aren't in the USA, it cost whatever it cost.

I recall Blizzard saying something about multiple versions of SCII. I'll look into this, this may shed some light on this pricing issue.

I paid $59.99 for Warcraft III when it came out at EB. I was wondering why the price was higher than normal. Six months later, I found the game for half price. I think I'm going to wait on Starcraft II for a little while.

[quote name='cruzfactor']I paid $59.99 for Warcraft III when it came out at EB. I was wondering why the price was higher than normal. Six months later, I found the game for half price. I think I'm going to wait on Starcraft II for a little while.[/QUOTE]

That's because you made the mistake of buying from EB. Video game specialty stores generally charge more for a game, especially if it's high profile. Just check your local Frys when a game you want is being released, they normally have it on that day for $10-$20 off.

bread's done
Back