:3ds: Angry Birds Trilogy - $19.99
:3ds: Wreck it Ralph - $19.99
:3ds: Paper Mario: Sticker Star - $19.99
:360::ps3: Call of Duty: Black Ops - $29.99
:360::ps3::pc: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $29.99
:3ds: Castlevania: Mirror of Fate - $29.99
:3ds: Fifa Soccer 13 - $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iKhaotic']What are the chances that Target will PM these? I have a lot of Target gift cards to spend.[/QUOTE]

Well the Target by me already has a Temporary Price Cut on Castlevania for the same price that started today.

Just point them in direction of those links! Should be no problem at all!

Also, I successfully picked up Mario Stick Star with a pack of clearance rubber bands for $0.52 out of pocket using a $20 RZC! (Gave the rubber bands to the cashier, don't need them, lol.)

[quote name='bandgeek44']Nobody buy Sticker Star!!! It is nothing like the first two Paper Mario games, or that semi-decent Wii game. I got it for $15 new and turned around and sold it within hours for $25 because it's garbage. I'm saying this and I love paper mario but the RPG gameplay is gone.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. This Paper Mario was a huge letdown. Its nothing like the previous games. Its annoying having to keep gathering stickers, and if you don't nail the timing attack, it pretty much worthless. No leveling up either, which I hated. I would not recommend the game at any price, but just my opinion.

Also, the Castlevania game I found boring and just a badly done platformer. Not like the traditional Metroidvania style the old ones had. This is just an old school sidecroller in the veins of Castlevania 1, but without any of the flavor or precise controls.

Just a quick heads up that both Castlevania and Paper Mario aren't that good. To each his own, more power to you if you liked them, but they are both horrible IMO. I hope Nintendo doesn't screw up the next Mario & Luigi game, but that one looks promising.

Haha didn't mw 3 and black ops come out like 2 or 3 years ago? And they're STILL 30? Damn little kids spending way to much on those games

[quote name='nightmare452']I agree with this. This Paper Mario was a huge letdown. Its nothing like the previous games. Its annoying having to keep gathering stickers, and if you don't nail the timing attack, it pretty much worthless. No leveling up either, which I hated. I would not recommend the game at any price, but just my opinion.

Also, the Castlevania game I found boring and just a badly done platformer. Not like the traditional Metroidvania style the old ones had. This is just an old school sidecroller in the veins of Castlevania 1, but without any of the flavor or precise controls.

Just a quick heads up that both Castlevania and Paper Mario aren't that good. To each his own, more power to you if you liked them, but they are both horrible IMO. I hope Nintendo doesn't screw up the next Mario & Luigi game, but that one looks promising.[/QUOTE]

In regards to CV, You are not the first person to say this. I've others say the same thing. I want to get the game, but may just have to trade for it or something. Sad because you would think Konami would get their act right when dealing with 3rd party devs, people want CV games like SOTN, Simon's Quest, and POR.

Despite the hate for Paper Mario: Sticker Star, I picked up a copy anyway since I had a gift certificate and I could use the club nintendo coins towards gold/plat. Also I do realize the game is different from the first two in the series and while that sucks I'm quite interested in how it plays out. It may not be as good but I have some faith it will be fun to play. Also got Bioshock Rapture Edition, and for those of you who will ask this question. The DLC is on a separate disc that needs to be downloaded on your HDD. Similar to what Fallout 3 GOTY did. Thanks OP!

[quote name='slidecage']hey you want to sell it for 22 :) just joking........ personally would not give more then 10 for the bugged game

(bugged) at the end of chapter 1 when you fight the boss and beat the boss and go into chapter 2 you must play around 10 to 15 mins into chapter 2 before saving. if you dont and turn your system off (even if you save right after you beat the boss) when you come back into the game you will be at last SAVE POINT On chapter 1 BUT THE Grab spot will be gone meaning you have to delete the save and redo the entire chapter... company confirmed they knew this bug BUT did not think it was that big of a deal to fix it[/QUOTE]

lol That weird bug with Simon falling to his death and grabbing onto the rope and surviving was good for a laugh. I actually didn't encounter the Chapter 1-2 bug because I just kept pacing back and forth. The characters being so slow most of the time also helps.

[quote name='k1ngster']are you kidding me! Wtf is this. If you don't want to sell it for the going price than just keep it. Don't come in here and complain about a sale...no one cares if you bought it and want to sell for higher this the price.[/QUOTE]

And no one cares what you want to say about the matter, so chill.

[quote name='malethief']I managed to finish the game the week it came out and I sold it back for $35. I'm really confused people were defending the game when it got a low review score on various gaming sites. The game was clearly rushed to meet the release deadline. I hope Konami goes back to the 2D style of Castlevania for the handheld devices and finish up the Lord of Shadows story arc for the consoles. The story with all the character switches every few hours for mirror of fate really wasn't necessary.
I didn't dislike the game, just wasn't happy with the final product. But I'm sure some will love this game for $30. I'll just be playing the DS Castlevania games instead :)[/QUOTE]

The producer wanted it to be like Memento. It's not everyone's favorite movie.

The fighting system is okay for a few fights, so there's some enjoyment in that. Castle exploration is not fun. That may ruin it for many people.

The coupon for the Konami store didn't even work when I went to use it.

[quote name='bandgeek44']Nobody buy Sticker Star!!! It is nothing like the first two Paper Mario games, or that semi-decent Wii game. I got it for $15 new and turned around and sold it within hours for $25 because it's garbage. I'm saying this and I love paper mario but the RPG gameplay is gone.[/QUOTE]

I will look at some gameplay videos. Thanks.

[quote name='nightmare452']I agree with this. This Paper Mario was a huge letdown. Its nothing like the previous games. Its annoying having to keep gathering stickers, and if you don't nail the timing attack, it pretty much worthless. No leveling up either, which I hated. I would not recommend the game at any price, but just my opinion.

Just a quick heads up that both Castlevania and Paper Mario aren't that good. To each his own, more power to you if you liked them, but they are both horrible IMO. I hope Nintendo doesn't screw up the next Mario & Luigi game, but that one looks promising.[/QUOTE]

Two votes against Paper Mario. I will do the research on it. It's been out there for a while, so it will have more information. I don't want to get another "Mirror of Fate" based on some reviews.

If you are expecting something like the 64 or gamecube Paper mario you likely wont like it. If you just take it for what it is its a pretty fun game in its own right.

[quote name='Deader2818']If you are expecting something like the 64 or gamecube Paper mario you likely wont like it. If you just take it for what it is its a pretty fun game in its own right.[/QUOTE]

I just started it and it already starts out much better than the Wii game. That game had WAAAAAAY too much talking in it.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I just started it and it already starts out much better than the Wii game. That game had WAAAAAAY too much talking in it.[/QUOTE]

personally I loved the dialog in SPM, found it rather humorous. Not sure what everyone disliked about it, it's one of my top 5 wii games:)

So I ordered :360: Bioshock Rapture Edition online for in-store pickup but bad luck, "not available at this location." Called up and there are none within reasonable driving distance and none in stock for shipping. If I ordered using an RZ certificate and it ends up being canceled, what happens to the associated code I used? Can I use it again?

TIA.

[quote name='Desousa93']Bio is tempting the problem is my reward cert is 55$ TF? I don't think I have ever spent 55$ at once at bestbuy now I have to.[/QUOTE]

Get Amazon GCs or Steam Wallet, cant you do that with Reward Certs?

[quote name='citizenlowell']Does the DLC for the Bioshock pack include Mirvera's Den?[/QUOTE]

yep, includes all the DLC. It's actually just a bit down the page:
Minerva's Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2.

Thanks picked up Paper Mario. I've read the reviews when it came out but with my large backlog decided to wait on it. Still need to pick up Starfox and Kid Icarus whenever.

Finally a PERFECT opportunity to purchase Bioshock and none of the stores near me have it available...

Great... Just great...

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'm planning on platinuming bioshock pretty soon. It actually doesn't seem to hard, but the extra dificulty option added from the 360 release makes me imagine it's more difficult than 100%ing the achievements. Going to be fun though:)[/QUOTE]

Platinuming Bioshock isn't hard at all. While the Balls of Steel and No Vita-Chamber makes it a bit harder, there isn't much of a difference. Takes longer to kill Splicers but a Shotgun to the face will fix it. Killing Big Daddies is definitely the hardest part imo, but once you get the Chemical Thrower with Electric Gel and the Proximity Mines on Explosives, it'll be really easy. It's really fun. :lol:

[quote name='Spybreak8']Thanks picked up Paper Mario. I've read the reviews when it came out but with my large backlog decided to wait on it. Still need to pick up Starfox and Kid Icarus whenever.[/QUOTE]

I still need to pick up Starfox myself, but you missed a great deal on Kid Icarus at BestBuy a month or two ago for $15.

Right now I can't decide between Paper or Bio Rap. I traded in my copies of Bio 1 & 2 a couple months ago for about $20 credit in expectation of grabbing this complete set. Now that its the right price I don't seem to care as much. I also know this probably the best price I'll ever see on Paper.

#firstworldproblems

[quote name='eLefAdEr']So I ordered :360: Bioshock Rapture Edition online for in-store pickup but bad luck, "not available at this location." Called up and there are none within reasonable driving distance and none in stock for shipping. If I ordered using an RZ certificate and it ends up being canceled, what happens to the associated code I used? Can I use it again?

TIA.[/QUOTE]

The points get refunded after x amount of days.

[quote name='Olengie']Platinuming Bioshock isn't hard at all. While the Balls of Steel and No Vita-Chamber makes it a bit harder, there isn't much of a difference. Takes longer to kill Splicers but a Shotgun to the face will fix it. Killing Big Daddies is definitely the hardest part imo, but once you get the Chemical Thrower with Electric Gel and the Proximity Mines on Explosives, it'll be really easy. It's really fun. :lol:[/QUOTE]

is that the platinum you have? I've just been hearing about it on podcast beyond, and looking over the list it seemed pretty feasible. I've really been itching to replay it anyway, so it's it'll kill two birds with one stone (even though I ought to be working on my backlog :cool:)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']is that the platinum you have? I've just been hearing about it on podcast beyond, and looking over the list it seemed pretty feasible. I've really been itching to replay it anyway, so it's it'll kill two birds with one stone (even though I ought to be working on my backlog :cool:)[/QUOTE]

No....that was for X-Men Destiny. :lol: I'm working on Bioshock right now, just need to find all the Recordings and buy all the Tonics. Same, wanted to replay it, figured I might as well do the Platinum as well.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']is that the platinum you have? I've just been hearing about it on podcast beyond, and looking over the list it seemed pretty feasible. I've really been itching to replay it anyway, so it's it'll kill two birds with one stone (even though I ought to be working on my backlog :cool:)[/QUOTE]

Well if you're talking about Bioshock 1, the platinum is doable, but can be frustrating. Like the only difficulty comes from killing big daddies, though most of them can simply be avoided. FOr the ones that you do fight, try to find "crafty" ways to kill them, like have a turret do most / all the damage if possible, since I recall big daddies eating ALL my ammo in the first game. Another thing to keep in mind is that some things can be missed. These include a log, a power to the people location, a secret room, I think taking a picture of a certain dead guy, saving every little sister (kill one and you must do another cycle or load prior to that for the trophy), and a few plasmids I think are misable. I strongly suggest using a guide or plan to do two cycles.

If you're talking about Bioshock 2, the platinum is pretty easy. Hardest / no Vita chambers is a joke and big daddies go down without much of a fight. The only difficulty in 2 is getting level 40 online (I think thats the final level online anyway). This will take HOURS of grinding regardless of having a team, so keep that in mind.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']is there anything that keeps track of how many recordings you've picked up in each place? I can imagine it would get really annoying walking all over rapture looking for that last one, but can't remember if there was a counter of any sort.[/QUOTE]

I believe the game keeps track of what you did, but you would still need to compare it to a complete list and hope the missing one isn't impossible to get now. It's better to just follow a guide, since it will take WAY too long to figure out what and more importantly where the missing one is.

[quote name='Olengie']No....that was for X-Men Destiny. :lol: I'm working on Bioshock right now, just need to find all the Recordings and buy all the Tonics. Same, wanted to replay it, figured I might as well do the Platinum as well.[/QUOTE]

is there anything that keeps track of how many recordings you've picked up in each place? I can imagine it would get really annoying walking all over rapture looking for that last one, but can't remember if there was a counter of any sort.

[quote name='admiralvic']Well if you're talking about Bioshock 1, the platinum is doable, but can be frustrating. Like the only difficulty comes from killing big daddies, though most of them can simply be avoided. FOr the ones that you do fight, try to find "crafty" ways to kill them, like have a turret do most / all the damage if possible, since I recall big daddies eating ALL my ammo in the first game. Another thing to keep in mind is that some things can be missed. These include a log, a power to the people location, a secret room, I think taking a picture of a certain dead guy, saving every little sister (kill one and you must do another cycle or load prior to that for the trophy), and a few plasmids I think are misable. I strongly suggest using a guide or plan to do two cycles.

If you're talking about Bioshock 2, the platinum is pretty easy. Hardest / no Vita chambers is a joke and big daddies go down without much of a fight. The only difficulty in 2 is getting level 40 online (I think thats the final level online anyway). This will take HOURS of grinding regardless of having a team, so keep that in mind.[/QUOTE]

I looked over the guide, and am making sure I remember to pick up all the misable trophies and not killing whatshisface. I've already got a good number of the trophies on my first playthrough, though I couldn't bring myself to harvest the sisters anyway. I don't think I'll do 2 ever, simply because of the annoying online trophies. The only people that play now are almost all ridiculously good at the game, so I'd probably be looking at double the normal amount of grinding do to how few points I get.

[quote name='admiralvic']
I believe the game keeps track of what you did, but you would still need to compare it to a complete list and hope the missing one isn't impossible to get now. It's better to just follow a guide, since it will take WAY too long to figure out what and more importantly where the missing one is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think what I might do is get a list of all of them sorted by location, and just check them off as I go. I really hate using guides for collectibles for some reason, but I think I might finally say heck with it and just use them when I really need to. Would like to get the last couple trophies from Uncharted 2 that I've been missing do to not being able to find those darn treasures:headache:

[quote name='admiralvic']
I believe the game keeps track of what you did, but you would still need to compare it to a complete list and hope the missing one isn't impossible to get now. It's better to just follow a guide, since it will take WAY too long to figure out what and more importantly where the missing one is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think what I might do is get a list of all of them sorted by location, and just check them off as I go. I really hate using guides for collectibles for some reason, but I think I might finally say heck with it and just use them when I really need to. Would like to get the last couple trophies from Uncharted 2 that I've been missing do to not being able to find those darn treasures:headache:

[quote name='admiralvic']Well if you're talking about Bioshock 1, the platinum is doable, but can be frustrating. Like the only difficulty comes from killing big daddies, though most of them can simply be avoided. FOr the ones that you do fight, try to find "crafty" ways to kill them, like have a turret do most / all the damage if possible, since I recall big daddies eating ALL my ammo in the first game. Another thing to keep in mind is that some things can be missed. These include a log, a power to the people location, a secret room, I think taking a picture of a certain dead guy, saving every little sister (kill one and you must do another cycle or load prior to that for the trophy), and a few plasmids I think are misable. I strongly suggest using a guide or plan to do two cycles.

If you're talking about Bioshock 2, the platinum is pretty easy. Hardest / no Vita chambers is a joke and big daddies go down without much of a fight. The only difficulty in 2 is getting level 40 online (I think thats the final level online anyway). This will take HOURS of grinding regardless of having a team, so keep that in mind.

Does pS3 not have a "Rebirth" trophy? Cause they added ten more levels at some point making the online cap at 50. I know it was an achievement. Couldnt find a trophy guide saying there was one for ps3 though.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Does pS3 not have a "Rebirth" trophy? Cause they added ten more levels at some point making the online cap at 50. I know it was an achievement. Couldnt find a trophy guide saying there was one for ps3 though.[/QUOTE]

There is, but that was via DLC.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']

Yeah, I think what I might do is get a list of all of them sorted by location, and just check them off as I go. I really hate using guides for collectibles for some reason, but I think I might finally say heck with it and just use them when I really need to. Would like to get the last couple trophies from Uncharted 2 that I've been missing do to not being able to find those darn treasures:headache:[/QUOTE]

I don't blame you, but you're going to waste a LOT of time by just winging it. While it is not impossible to find them all without a guide, it is certainly an unlikely event.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Does pS3 not have a "Rebirth" trophy? Cause they added ten more levels at some point making the online cap at 50. I know it was an achievement. Couldnt find a trophy guide saying there was one for ps3 though.[/QUOTE]

probably does, but PS3 separates DLC trophies from the platinum, which is something I wish 360 games did.

Collectibles and online trophies/achievements are a completionists and trophy/ach whore worsts nightmare. Ive probably collected over 50000 collectibles across all games. :whistle2:#

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']is there anything that keeps track of how many recordings you've picked up in each place? I can imagine it would get really annoying walking all over rapture looking for that last one, but can't remember if there was a counter of any sort.[/QUOTE]

You can keep track of the Logs in the Inventory Menu. You can find all the Logs, but the missable ones are the 1st Level and when you meet Andrew Ryan. To keep track of them, I just counted all the Logs I found in a level and compared them to another page.

And here is a walkthrough. http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/bioshock/maps/maps.htm

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Collectibles and online trophies/achievements are a completionists and trophy/ach whore worsts nightmare. Ive probably collected over 50000 collectibles across all games. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'm so happy I broke out of that obsession. I remember plotting the best way to wrap up as many cheevos as possible in my first playthrough of games and it felt like work. I'm not sure where I lost sight of that along the way but Nintendo has it right leaving these things out. Since letting go I've remembered that games first and foremost are fun and regret the effort I'e wasted completting them. I may have had cheevos at 100% but my genuine enjoyment was far lower.

Yeah, I'm playing Sticker Star right now, and I can already tell it's gonna be my least favorite of the series.

It's no longer an RPG at all, so because of that, there's no reason to fight enemies, I mean at all. You only get coins from battles, that's it.

I am liking it though, it's an alright game.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Haha, I'm so happy I broke out of that obsession. I remember plotting the best way to wrap up as many cheevos as possible in my first playthrough of games and it felt like work. I'm not sure where I lost sight of that along the way but Nintendo has it right leaving these things out. Since letting go I've remembered that games first and foremost are fun and regret the effort I'e wasted completting them. I may have had cheevos at 100% but my genuine enjoyment was far lower.[/QUOTE]

Okay well collectibles dont feel like work to me. Still fun for me to complete a game. Just hate when there are 100s of them. You must of really hated getting them or something.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Grabbed Bioshock, just beat Infinite last night on 1999 Mode, and never finished Bioshock 1. thanks OP![/QUOTE]

You're on 360 right? Because if not, B1 is actually on the PS3 version of infinite

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Collectibles and online trophies/achievements are a completionists and trophy/ach whore worsts nightmare. Ive probably collected over 50000 collectibles across all games. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Holy smokes! Your gamerscore is the king of the world...Impressive!

Finally in for Bioshock. Never played any of them but I have the RZ Certs to negate the cost and get it for nothing out of pocket and there are some within driving distance of me. (according to the website at least) Thanks for sharing OP.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']You're on 360 right? Because if not, B1 is actually on the PS3 version of infinite[/QUOTE]

Whoa, I didn't know that. Trophy-enabled too? If my order for :360: Rapture doesn't come through, I'll go with the :ps3: version of Infinite. Thanks for the info, and thanks to Krayzie for the info about RZ cert order cancelations.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']You're on 360 right? Because if not, B1 is actually on the PS3 version of infinite[/QUOTE]

I have 360 and PS3. But I'm playing the Bioshock series on 360.

I beat Bio2, but probably never even got 1/4 of the way through Bio1. Just never got around to picking it back up.

Thanks OP! Grabbed Paper Mario and Castlevania (regretted not grabbing that one when they had it for $29.99 release week...have been waiting for it to go back on sale...you know, other than the uber-YMMV Target clearance weirdness).

[quote name='abcs']How is warfighter compared to the las MOH? I am not expecting anything out of multiplayer, however if single player is good I may consider...[/QUOTE]

Well, multiplayer is the best part of the package. I'd been eyeing Warfighter up since it released and finally bit when GameStop had it for $20. Personally the single player in the previous title was better. This one looks gorgeous but its super scripted. I'm talking enemies not reacting to bullets because you need to follow the script and use the weapon they intend. Like I said it looks sharp, you get a Battlefield 4 beta entry, and LE edition grants you the dlc maps. If anything the driving sections were the best part.

As for multiplayer it's pretty dead. There are games to be found in TDM and Warfighter but that's it. Menus are confusing, and so are the unlocks. It has a unique feel but it's inferior to CoD and BF3. Map designs are also rather weak.

Luckily GameStop had Deus EX PS3 for $7.50 because that's about what I got for Warfighter when I got rid of it.

Dose any one no how long the sale is as i can have is shipped to store. But i would like to no if i could get it in store tommorow or is it a one day sale any help much appreciated.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Whoa, I didn't know that. Trophy-enabled too? If my order for :360: Rapture doesn't come through, I'll go with the :ps3: version of Infinite. Thanks for the info, and thanks to Krayzie for the info about RZ cert order cancelations.[/QUOTE]

Yes, trophy enabled.

[quote name='solidsaint']Dose any one no how long the sale is as i can have is shipped to store. But i would like to no if i could get it in store tommorow or is it a one day sale any help much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go out on a limb (though not a very huge limb) and say it's a 4-21 to 4-27 deal because it falls under THIS WEEKS OFFERS on the video game page here. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games/Xbox-360/abcat0701000.c?id=abcat0701000

Best Buy's deals usually start on SUNs so I'd say you have the entire week. That's just my best guess of course.

is bioshock 1 on all copies of bioshock infinite for ps3? or just the first run/shipment copies?

[quote name='YBX87']is bioshock 1 on all copies of bioshock infinite for ps3? or just the first run/shipment copies?[/QUOTE]

All copies at the moment, who knows when or if it will last.

bread's done
Back