Modnation Racers
Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Greatest Hits
Ratchet and Clank All 4 One
Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
Twisted Metal

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, OP! I finally got the disc-based Wipeout 2048 I wanted and picked up LBP2 for the additional DLC and Move support. I was disappointed I didn't bite when these games were at these prices over the holidays. Now, no regrets!

I like LBP for Vita and am trying to pick a second. the Jak collection seems like a good pick (basically three games!) but, regarding Sly 4, doesn't that also come with a Vita version when you get the PS3 version? Hmmmmm

hey, I placed an order online for the 2 for $25 and noticed I didn't get my GCU discount. So I called best buy and the rep told me it must have been a bug in the system...it should stack. They took care of it for me on the phone and gave me $5 in certs for the trouble

I've been playing Resistance BS (lul) and I'm not sure why people complain about it. It's a functional FPS and what looks like a very easy platinum trophy. It's not Killzone Mercenary good, but BS (lul) isn't half bad at all.

Not a bad deal, there's a fine list of games here. I am leaning towards Sly Cooper, but unfortanutely I either own everything else here or (in the case of Ratchet and Clank or LBP1) have no interest in it. I don't have Grand Turismo yet...... how different is it from Need for Speed Most Wanted?

Sadly, not to mention you can't even participate in the deal if you are a GCU member.
Uh..... if you don't tell them they won't know. Worst case scenario you are stuck paying with cash.

Last edited:
rcerboss said:
Not a bad deal, there's a fine list of games here. I am leaning towards Sly Cooper, but unfortanutely I either own everything else here or (in the case of Ratchet and Clank or LBP1) have no interest in it. I don't have Grand Turismo yet...... how different is it from Need for Speed Most Wanted?
Gran Turismo is as different as you can get from Need For Speed. Gran Turismo is a realistic racing simulator, while Need For Speed is more of an arcade racer. However, Need For Speed's Shift series is as close as you could get to a Gran Turismo styled game. Just a head's up if you plan on getting Gran Turismo 5, the servers will be shutting down in May.

Gran Turismo is as different as you can get from Need For Speed. Gran Turismo is a realistic racing simulator, while Need For Speed is more of an arcade racer. However, Need For Speed's Shift series is as close as you could get to a Gran Turismo styled game. Just a head's up if you plan on getting Gran Turismo 5, the servers will be shutting down in May.
Oh, that sucks :-({|= . How's the offline then? Any local multiplayer?

hey, I placed an order online for the 2 for $25 and noticed I didn't get my GCU discount. So I called best buy and the rep told me it must have been a bug in the system...it should stack. They took care of it for me on the phone and gave me $5 in certs for the trouble

I wonder if this has been fixed since there aren't exclusions for the 20% off. I might have to do the same now, order online then call in.

I picked up Resistance Burning Skies and Playstation All-Stars for the Vita. I've wanted to play Resistance for a while now and since the games only came to $15 (because of a $10 certificate I had for BB) I figured I'd sell PSAS to make Resistance practically free.

Anyone want PSAS for $12 shipped?
You probably would have had more options to sell it if you got PSASBR for PS3. Since the PS3 disk is cross-buy you would have the PS3 version and the Vita version in one package for the same price. Same goes for Sly in case anyone did not know.

You probably would have had more options to sell it if you got PSASBR for PS3. Since the PS3 disk is cross-buy you would have the PS3 version and the Vita version in one package for the same price. Same goes for Sly in case anyone did not know.
Jokes on you. Within an hour of posting, it was sold :p

Well, shoot. It would appear that not a single Best Buy near me as LBP for Vita available for pickup, and it's a Store Pickup Only item for some reason. That basically invalidates this entire deal for me :(

Ya. The cross-buy is a better deal. But keep in mind that you actually NEED a ps3 to get the vita version since it ties the disc to the psn account on your ps3 and adds the vita game to your account that way. It's not a voucher. So if you have a vita but no ps3, you can't just buy the ps3 version for the vita one.

Oh, that sucks :-({|= . How's the offline then? Any local multiplayer?
The single player is good, but hard. Yes there is local play. I remember my cousin and I tried out our racing wheels and raced eachother at his house. I can't recall much else about the game. I haven't played it very much.

I would love to get LBP Vita, but it isn't available in NYC. Lolz. That is lame. 

I would love to get LBP Vita, but it isn't available in NYC. Lolz. That is lame.
best buy stores no longer stock it. It seems best buy wants the vita gone. It's section has been empty at my local store for months.

I'd rather see a sale on the Vita than the games. Common price drop!
$200 is too much? And with a bundled game soon?

The system needs games, nothing else. I've had it since day one then bought a white one with the AC bundle. We're lucky one game a month comes out, and now most are just re-releases and old PS2 trilogies. Complete waste of amazing hardware.

$200 is too much? And with a bundled game soon?

The system needs games, nothing else. I've had it since day one then bought a white one with the AC bundle. We're lucky one game a month comes out, and now most are just re-releases and old PS2 trilogies. Complete waste of amazing hardware.
Why the hell would you buy a second one if you already didn't have any games for it?

Toukiden, Danganronpa, and Demon Gaze all look really good and are coming out soon. Can't really think of a big release for the 3DS that isn't Bravely Default coming out in the next couple of months.

I own both handhelds.

Why the hell would you buy a second one if you already didn't have any games for it?

Toukiden, Danganronpa, and Demon Gaze all look really good and are coming out soon. Can't really think of a big release for the 3DS that isn't Bravely Default coming out in the next couple of months.

I own both handhelds.
3ds

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

mario golf may 2

Yoshi's New Island

about the only 3 games i can think of on the 3ds till may

VITA
Toukiden: The Age of Demons

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (X-2 Not Included)
Deception IV: Blood Ties

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars

Demon Gaze

about 6 for the vita

about time vita started getting more RPG seems 3ds is lacking more and more in rpg games sad to say

I wonder if this has been fixed since there aren't exclusions for the 20% off. I might have to do the same now, order online then call in.
It has not been fixed yet, still seeing that with an order I just placed today. I tried calling but they hung up on me while transferring me on hold, I'll call again later.

I own both handhelds.
Perhaps you read my comment wrong.

To date I own 25 retail vita games. I bought the white vita because I love white, had it have it. I enjoy the console and play it often, can't wait to pick up Toukiden soon. My whole point is based on facts the vita has been DoA the past few months. I bought Tearaway on release day. Since then, three months, there have been zero vita retail games. This months we have three Japanese games, and then after are just old ports, another dead, long lull. Most games for the vita are ports or lesser versions of console games. The original games are WAY too far and few in between.

P.S. Also own the Animal Crossing 3DS XL as well as Bravely Default and Shin Megami Tensei.

To date I own 25 retail vita games. I bought the white vita because I love white, had it have it. I enjoy the console and play it often, can't wait to pick up Toukiden soon. My whole point is based on facts the vita has been DoA the past few months. I bought Tearaway on release day. Since then, three months, there have been zero vita retail games. This months we have three Japanese games, and then after are just old ports, another dead, long lull. Most games for the vita are ports or lesser versions of console games. The original games are WAY too far and few in between.

P.S. Also own the Animal Crossing 3DS XL as well as Bravely Default and Shin Megami Tensei.
While original games are nice, it's also nice for people that have never played any of the ported games before. Also when people see their favorite PS2 era games all on one platform in their pocket, that adds value to those people.

It should be against regulations to sell online-only games (like MAG) when their servers aren't in existence. It's like selling a car without tires and brakes - the base product is there but you're not going anywhere with it. Only thing is, the car's problem is blatantly obvious - parents and kids aren't going to know or understand...

So you're 100% done with the 25 games you already own? I'm not entirely sure why someone who owns so many games would claim there to be none. Was there a holiday lull? Of course, but that was so for every other console. Plus a big draw of the Vita is the extensive library digitally as well. There's digital-only games, there's classic PSX games, and of course the side-scaled ports that the Vita gets seemingly always. Is that enough to placate people who want an endless stream of original games? Probably not, but what you get when you buy a Vita is clear right away. You're going to get a portable console experience with lots of Japanese games and minimal shovelware.

my problem with vita, which seems to be no as big recently, is that they try to put these console-quality games on it but the limitations make it seem like a half assed effort, and all we get is a big empty ambitious game that doesn't work in reality - examples are Gravity Rush, all shooters (killzone was competent but just makes me want to play true console versions), PS allstars, soul sacrifice. Nintendo and their affiliated devs are much better at making big handheld games for handhelds. The only games that interest me on vita are the smaller indie ones and thankfully, there are plenty of them.

what vita really needs is a killer western RPG, like a mass effect or fallout. Unfortunately I think they don't exist because of limitations.

if you're a heavy handheld gamer, you're gonna be left wanting if you only have a vita. Vita is perfectly fine for moderate handheld gaming though.

I'm sorry you feel this way. More options is always good and the vita could use it.
Nah, it's perfectly fine without it. I'm not saying that because I think those games are shit, but because if they existed on the Vita they'd be severely gimped. Hell, the console versions of those games are already pretty awful. Why compromise something even further for the sake of padding stat sheets? Putting Fallout on the Vita isn't going to make it fly off the shelves. It just isn't.

3ds
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
mario golf may 2
Yoshi's New Island
about the only 3 games i can think of on the 3ds till may

VITA
Toukiden: The Age of Demons
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (X-2 Not Included)
Deception IV: Blood Ties
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars
Demon Gaze

about 6 for the vita

about time vita started getting more RPG seems 3ds is lacking more and more in rpg games sad to say
Fire Emblem, 2 Etrian Odyssey Games, Zelda, 2 Shin Megami Tensei games, 2 Pokemon Games, and Mario and Luigi Dream Team weren't good enough for you in the last year?

Fire Emblem, 2 Etrian Odyssey Games, Zelda, 2 Shin Megami Tensei games, 2 Pokemon Games, and Mario and Luigi Dream Team weren't good enough for you in the last year?
Don't forget that one game no one likes... Defaultly Brave or something.
Awful games that the 3DS has lately. Just awful.

but because if they existed on the Vita they'd be severely gimped.
that's exactly my point. What they need is a wrpg of the same quality as the console versions; not 1:1, but to scale. And while you might not agree, I'd put huge money down that if a big budget title like that landed on vita, it would sell consoles. I'm curious to see what Borderlands 2 does for it.

what I'm having a problem with is your statement "vita is fine [with/without]..." and then the rest doesn't matter. Vita is not fine. It needs to sell.

that's exactly my point. What they need is a wrpg of the same quality as the console versions; not 1:1, but to scale. And while you might not agree, I'd put huge money down that if a big budget title like that landed on vita, it would sell consoles. I'm curious to see what Borderlands 2 does for it.
I just don't see this happening at all. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and Curt Schilling will take out a second loan and make a sequel to Kingdoms of Amalur exclusively for the Vita, but the handheld isn't really made with that audience in mind. That's even less of the case now that the PS4 is out with remoteplay functionality. The only western games I see finding a home on the Vita is a smaller scale iteration of a big name franchise like what Uncharted already did and what I fully expect Infamous to do at some point. And of course those won't sell because everyone already knows they'll be free on PS+ in a few months anyway.

So you're 100% done with the 25 games you already own? I'm not entirely sure why someone who owns so many games would claim there to be none. Was there a holiday lull? Of course, but that was so for every other console. Plus a big draw of the Vita is the extensive library digitally as well. There's digital-only games, there's classic PSX games, and of course the side-scaled ports that the Vita gets seemingly always. Is that enough to placate people who want an endless stream of original games? Probably not, but what you get when you buy a Vita is clear right away. You're going to get a portable console experience with lots of Japanese games and minimal shovelware.
When I say none, I mean for the system to survive. The path it's been on, one game a month, or one every three months, and now randomly very niche titles sprinkled with re-hashes from consoles will not keep it alive.

I want it to thrive. As I said I have numerous games, a 32GB card since early on, various CEs (Persona 4, DJ Max Technika, AC console bundle). I'm absolutely invested in it, I'm just not blind to seeing the path it's heading.

I want it to thrive. As I said I have numerous games, a 32GB card since early on, various CEs (Persona 4, DJ Max Technika, AC console bundle). I'm absolutely invested in it, I'm just not blind to seeing the path it's heading.
It's not gonna die. It's got the same life cycle ahead of it that the PSP did, but only it's gonna have somewhat of a generous boost thanks to PS4 compatibility. It's probably not gonna be the best selling thing ever since they don't have a Pokemon or a Monster Hunter on it, but as long as they keep getting Japanese/niche titles I'll keep on supporting it. That's not the most lucrative market, but it's a loyal one.

I just don't see this happening at all. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and Curt Schilling will take out a second loan and make a sequel to Kingdoms of Amalur exclusively for the Vita, but the handheld isn't really made with that audience in mind. That's even less of the case now that the PS4 is out with remoteplay functionality. The only western games I see finding a home on the Vita is a smaller scale iteration of a big name franchise like what Uncharted already did and what I fully expect Infamous to do at some point. And of course those won't sell because everyone already knows they'll be free on PS+ in a few months anyway.
right, to scale. If uncharted sold well why wouldn't something like a fallout of the same scale? I see infamous happening too.

the problem with them so far is that they are gimped. Uncharted GA was impressive on vita but at the end of the day, it just wasn't very fun even compared to Drakes Fortune. Same with AC Liberation. I'm also afraid Borderlands 2 will be buggy and empty and not show as many characters on screen.

Vita would completely outshine the 3DS in RPGs if more games were localized for it here. There's lots of fantastic looking exclusives for the Vita that we don't get.

Thanks, OP. Picked up Sly Cooper and Twisted Metal.
Sorry dude, but you got fleeced. Having bought (and regretted) Twisted Metal for $25 wayyyyyyy back when, I can now tell you it's not even worth it for free, your shelf space will be worth more. The game is just a notch above Aliens CM or Duke Nukem Forever (barely). It's abysmal. I've seen Wii shovelware with better netcode than this PoS, and the single player is broken. Local multiplayer functions fine, but good luck teaching 3 other friends how to play this turd. Having to use motion controls to boost is annoying enough, but having to double (or triple) tap to drive in reverse is unexcused moronic. It's honestly one of the most confusing control schemes I've ever tried and I never fully got the hang of it.

Unless you have 3 other friends who are Twisted Metal Fanatics and don't mind the annoyances of split screen gameplay, you'll almost certainly have 0 fun with this one. Sorry man :cry:

The single player is good, but hard. Yes there is local play. I remember my cousin and I tried out our racing wheels and raced eachother at his house. I can't recall much else about the game. I haven't played it very much.
Thanks for the input. I've decided I'm not going out of my way for this deal, and certainly not paying shipping, but if I am out that way for anything else I'll stop buy and pick it up.

Why should he have to 100% a game, or even spend time with a game he doesn't like. Unless it's a game I really, REALLY hate (Chrono Trigger) I will usually muddle my way through to the ending, but I won't 100% a damn thing unless it's a game I really love (Mario, Arkham) and, even then, if it even begins to feel tedious it's not worth it. You don't have to 100% most games to get all of the enjoyment out of them.

Last edited:
You have no soul.
Sorry fella, I don't know what to say. I've muddled through it as much as I can stand (battling that evil queen on that airship) and I just don't get the appeal. Even considering how old it is, I don't think it's anything special. The time travel mechanic everyone is so nuts over is just an RPG equivalent of the light/dark world mechanics from ALttP. The "real time" battles are just turn based battles but with a timer. And it still suffers from the annoying grind so many other JRPG's throw in. The whole line enemy position nonsense that plays into battles felt a bit fresh, but that died instantly when I realized it was impossible to move/place your characters at all.

Anyways, the whole point was that you don't have to 100% a game to get all there is out of it, and arguing that the Vita has plenty of games just cause it takes XXX hours to 100% all the "worthwhile" games is a faulty arguement. Vita needs more software (not ports!!!!), and it needs to ditch this propriatary memory format BS (or at the very least quit charging out the ass for the cards). If both these problems were addressed i'd have a Vita and be all over a deal like this, but as it stands I am wondering if a lot of these Vita games will get even cheaper as time passes. At the very least, I've certainly haven't seen anything to make me put down my 3DS :lol:

Last edited:
Damn, wish they had another trilogy or collection title avilable. Would have loved to pick up Jak and Daxter and the Sly collection. Just can't find a 2nd title I really want. Bummer. 

Damn, wish they had another trilogy or collection title avilable. Would have loved to pick up Jak and Daxter and the Sly collection. Just can't find a 2nd title I really want. Bummer.
Do you already have Ico/Shadow of the Collossus collection? Because those games are absolutely fantastic.

bread's done
Back