Best Buy Trade-in 4.0 - see new thread (5.0)!

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At nearly 300 pages it was time for a new thread. You can view the previous thread here!

THIS THREAD OP IS NO LONGER ACTIVELY UPDATED WITH NEW PROMOS.

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!

Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers, and it definitely does stack despite what some employees will say.

Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

General video game promotions link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17093&type=page (Promotions are listed at the bottom of the page)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE & VALUE ESTIMATOR

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades may be done in the Gaming Dept or at customer service depending on the store.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the **% bonus TIV work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150.

How does the 10% Gamers Club Unlocked bonus work?
The 10% bonus for Gamers Club Unlocked members is calculated from the base trade in value. So in the above example, a $100 trade would get an extra $10 with the GCU membership bonus. So if there was a 50% trade in bonus it would be $100 base, $10 Gamers Club Unlocked bonus and $50 TIV bonus for a grand total of $160.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine (which typically has a couple of great coupons every month). It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

I didn't get my 10% bonus or the employee said it doesn't stack, what gives?
As of September 2012 the trade in system at Best Buy was updated, and employees seem to be having a hard time making sure that they add the GCU bonus. It should be added immediately after they scan your games, and before they take your personal information. You also should always try to know your full trade in value with bonuses before going to the store so that if the price is different you can identify it immediately. The 10% bonus definitely does stack with any TIV promo (100%, 50%, it doesn't matter). All the Gamers Club Unlocked pamphlets say so, as does the website, and are a great place to point to if an employee or a manager tells you otherwise.

Do we get Reward Zone points for trade-ins??
Yes. You get one point for every pre-bonus dollar traded in. So if your TIV was $100 before bonuses, you get 100 Reward Zone points. Gamers Club Unlocked members (and possibly standard Gamers Club members) get double points for everything gaming, including trade-ins. So in the same example you would wind up with 200 Reward Zone points. To get Reward Zone points you must have them include your Reward Zone membership information (easiest to look up by phone number) with your trade-in (this is required for the Gamers Club Unlocked bonus anyway).

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. Some states, or even localities (county, city, etc.) may not allow the sale of Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone/Android app is way off, why?
The app often sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it if you don't have to.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case (as in, it is possible that has never been the case). When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

How come the GOTY/complete version doesn't show up in the estimator?
Best Buy doesn't differentiate between the vanilla and GOTY/complete versions of a game 99% of the time. This is largely a cover-all policy due to the fact that many GOTY editions include the game's DLC and bonus content as one-time use codes; meaning that the game has no extra value on the 2nd hand market and honestly, Best Buy probably doesn't trust their employees to make sure all the extra content is included. So no extra TIV for your GOTY games. The plus side is that GOTY and vanilla versions sell at the same price, so if the DLC is located on disc and you find a GOTY version in-store it will be the same price as the vanilla one.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but updates can and do happen at any time. Sometimes an update will happen at an atypical time, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Lately some people have been told the policy is 1 game per system (i.e. you could trade in 1 copy of a game for Xbox, 1 for PS3 and 1 for Wii), and have been actively turned down when trading in more than one copy. Whether this is actually something they are banning for or if it is just what employees are being told to follow to limit multiples is unknown. Trade multiples at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually. Yes, this also applies to DS, 3DS, PSP, etc. If you have the manual and artwork you should trade it in though anyway to improve the quality of the selection for people who may want to buy the game in the future (you can't know if the game will be complete when you buy online for example).

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only. Employees have gotten much better about knowing this policy though, and busier stores are more likely to have employees that have done more trade ins and know the rules.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but some stores apparently accept consoles as well. Call ahead before bringing it in. That said, the TIV for most hardware is lower than competitors.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or even city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll need a government issued ID (passport, drivers license, military ID, etc.).

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return. You might even be flat out denied by the employee or manager despite the official rule. It is their right to do so.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracked on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

Remember, all trades are technically at the discretion of Best Buy and they can refuse to accept a game for whatever reason they want (outside of you being black, woman, Jewish, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets face it. This gravy train was only going to last so long before tanking. I would be willing to bet the trade program has not been a success for them outside of raising more awareness for GCU and their pre-order game deals. Eventually they were going to have to stop taking as many trades since their used game sales are most likely luke warm at best.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Lets face it. This gravy train was only going to last so long before tanking. I would be willing to bet the trade program has not been a success for them outside of raising more awareness for GCU and their pre-order game deals. Eventually they were going to have to stop taking as many trades since their used game sales are most likely luke warm at best.[/QUOTE]
still better than gamestops tiv

[quote name='YBX87']still better than gamestops tiv[/QUOTE]

Not on those 3DS Nintendo titles I mentioned in the previous page which are a joke compared to Gamestop standards.

[quote name='boogie4114']Not on those 3DS Nintendo titles I mentioned in the previous page which are a joke compared to Gamestop standards.[/QUOTE]

And there are plenty of Gamestop TIV's that suck compared to Best Buy still. Going to almost always play out like that. Amazon is always my back up, and I also have FYE and two small used game stores in my area as back up to that (they'll tell me what a game is worth without making me stand there for a half hour) otherwise I'd also consider Half Price Books as an option as well. That's not counting the game's I unload on Ebay because I can get significantly more (just sold Kinect Star Wars for $20 vs $6 trade in last week, got it for $10).

[quote name='perfectsil']one-week old game Devil May Cry at $14 base, ouch[/QUOTE]

Expectations are not very high for this game, can't say I'm surprised. I'm sure they are able to look at the first week sales as well.

[quote name='klimb22']...or just tell them after they add the last game DO NOT click past the cart (big green button) just scroll down and click "customer look up" or what ever it says. They input your phone # and your info will pop up. They click it and it will populate everything. All they need is your ID info after that.[/QUOTE]My name always pops up but the GCU doesn't even the reps that know what they're doing have to enter it in twice.

[quote name='perfectsil']one-week old game Devil May Cry at $14 base, ouch[/QUOTE]Had nothing to do with the age of the game at all we all completely overlooked the fact the game was a major promo tie-in which nukes values fast. Since RE was $10 w/purchase of DmC the value was adjusted down to prevent rampant people trading it in just to get RE on the cheap. Same reason why games that have @gamer/GCU coupons tank. Now there was a time when BB wasn't on top of that...

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Hitman dropped from 17 to 12- and with only 50% bonus that means I'd get 18 for it now as opposed to 30 last week!!!

Weak sauce confirmed[/QUOTE]same as above hitman has been out for some time & has been in 2-3 decent deals which will nuke the value based on the supply BB sold.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Expectations are not very high for this game, can't say I'm surprised. I'm sure they are able to look at the first week sales as well.[/QUOTE]^^^ promos will effect TIV's expect to see this continue going forward.

If anyone has any idea if the 50 % is going to continue after this week, please let me know ASAP as I have a couple games I would have to rush through before Saturday if there is no trade in promo

[quote name='Enuf']Had nothing to do with the age of the game at all we all completely overlooked the fact the game was a major promo tie-in which nukes values fast. Since RE was $10 w/purchase of DmC the value was adjusted down to prevent rampant people trading it in just to get RE on the cheap. Same reason why games that have @gamer/GCU coupons tank. Now there was a time when BB wasn't on top of that...
[/QUOTE]

Ni No Kuni has a $12 base. Explain!

[quote name='mpaullin']Ni No Kuni has a $12 base. Explain![/QUOTE]

Wow that's a huge joke for a game that's 3 days old and is likely to stay at MSRP for awhile.

[quote name='Enuf']Had nothing to do with the age of the game at all we all completely overlooked the fact the game was a major promo tie-in which nukes values fast. Since RE was $10 w/purchase of DmC the value was adjusted down to prevent rampant people trading it in just to get RE on the cheap. Same reason why games that have @gamer/GCU coupons tank. Now there was a time when BB wasn't on top of that...

same as above hitman has been out for some time & has been in 2-3 decent deals which will nuke the value based on the supply BB sold.

^^^ promos will effect TIV's expect to see this continue going forward.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make sense because even if DMC tradd in for $40 after promos,you had to pay $70 plust tax for DMC and RE6 together so that $30 difference is the price of RE6 currently so there wouldnt be any profit to be made by trading the games back to them.

[quote name='mpaullin']Ni No Kuni has a $12 base. Explain![/QUOTE]

Haha could've gotten about the same for SWTFU a few weeks ago and Uncharted 2 GOTY just a few days ago. I wonder about BBY sometimes.

[quote name='mpaullin']Ni No Kuni has a $12 base. Explain![/QUOTE]BB has non gaming people in the TIV area thus they thought Ni Ni Kuni was a submission hold from UFC or WWE finishing move.
BB is a patterned company & from what I've noticed they tend to nuke PS3 exclusive titles TIV's regardless of sales & I would also think the "niche" title aspect doesn't help either.
On one hand I really with they'd totally fix the whole setup but then deals would shrink & the benefits that can be had thru the BB trade in process would go away.

[quote name='boogie4114']That doesn't make sense because even if DMC tradd in for $40 after promos,you had to pay $70 plust tax for DMC and RE6 together so that $30 difference is the price of RE6 currently so there wouldnt be any profit to be made by trading the games back to them.[/QUOTE]U & I know that but there were tons of people who posted on other sites with their main intent to get RE for $10 so knowing BB that was their response. Aim for the head, shoot till it's dead or your 44's outta lead...ask ?'s what just figure it out later LOL that seems to be their approach on some things.

[quote name='strait edge follower']wow every flip that was avalible during the 100% promo like prince of persia and mlb power bros got nuked to 1$ lol and ni nu kuni for 12$ ...... what ???????[/QUOTE]

the 50% was always very slim on flipping games, but stop talking about flipping or you will get banned!!!:hot::hot:

The days of amazing tiv has passed. I stopped trading about 6 weeks ago. Finding Ebay a better place for value now. More work and some hassle but the return has been better. Sold Blops 2 for$55 last week. $47 after fees and ship.

[quote name='cancerman1120']The days of amazing tiv has passed. I stopped trading about 6 weeks ago. Finding Ebay a better place for value now. More work and some hassle but the return has been better. Sold Blops 2 for$55 last week. $47 after fees and ship.[/QUOTE]
I usually do the ebay route too,but i always worry about the people that will swap their messed up game with yours and say you sent them a bad game and want a refund.But i guess thats the chance you take,hopefully a small chance anyway.

I've had amazingly good luck with selling on Amazon, plus I prefer cash over credit from BB or anywhere else anyway. I've never had a buyer return anything to me fraudulently, and I've done well over 100 transactions. The profits are probably a little smaller than ebay, but I'll still swear by Amazon. Maybe they aren't so quick to side with the buyer, the way ebay/Paypal is.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am starting to see more 360 games at $0.25 now.

I see Dishonored gets $27.20 after bonuses. Hmmm...might have to do that though.[/QUOTE]

Yeh Gears 1 was 50 cent just the other day and now 1+2 are 25 cent. I guess I'm ok with this so long as they still offer ~40 for new releases.

Yeah, this isn't looking good...if this keeps up, the trade-in I plan on making today (FC3 and Top Spin 4 for :360:, the second of which I found at my library for $2) will be my last for a while. :cry:

[quote name='tylerh1701']I've had amazingly good luck with selling on Amazon, plus I prefer cash over credit from BB or anywhere else anyway. I've never had a buyer return anything to me fraudulently, and I've done well over 100 transactions. The profits are probably a little smaller than ebay, but I'll still swear by Amazon. Maybe they aren't so quick to side with the buyer, the way ebay/Paypal is.[/QUOTE]

Amazon will side with the buyer much more often than eBay.

All their rules are buyer centric.

Well I decided to cash in on the 2 games I have that I actually would profit from (Dishonored and Inversion) so I went in tonight. Had to wait around a little but it turned out in my favor. I found a LE Assassin's Creed III tucked under a TV display for the Xbox with the $69.99 clearance sticker. So I traded my games in for $39 and turned around and got the LE for $35 out the door.

Had a bit of a weird experience today, but I found out something that might prevent headaches for future transactions: If you have a RewardZone card linked to a GCU account, it can be scanned to automatically give you the 10% GCU bonus!

I was trading in Far Cry 3 and Top Spin 4 (both :360:) tonight, but after the employee entered my information (he understood that I was a GCU member), the 10% bonus wasn't showing up. I was annoyed that this would probably mean I'd have to get the bonus as a manual discount for something bought in that store and I'd have to PM someone on the BBY forums, and the employee was also frustrated since he had processed my last trade-in at that store and the 10% had kicked in without issue.

After looking up my account info twice more to try to get the 10% added and having no luck, the employee said:

"It'd be so much easier if we could just scan your card to get the bonus applied...Wait, why don't we try that?"

So I gave him my RZ Premier Silver card, he scanned it, and my account info, along with the extra $2.40, appeared immediately. I did a double-take at that actually working and asked the employee when he scanned the card (in terms of the trade-in transaction--e.g., which screen he was on). He said that he scanned it when he would scan a game for trade-in.

So if you have an RZ card, you might be able to avoid significant hassle in the future by presenting it when your games are being scanned. You won't even have to provide a driver's license!

Hopefully this helps out with streamlining future trades...even if the values are kind of crap right now. :)

Now if only BBY can fix the issues with the Pitch-In Card so I can actually add the ~$56 in GCs I have to it... :bomb:

[quote name='Vigilante']Had a bit of a weird experience today, but I found out something that might prevent headaches for future transactions: If you have a RewardZone card linked to a GCU account, it can be scanned to automatically give you the 10% GCU bonus!

I was trading in Far Cry 3 and Top Spin 4 (both :360:) tonight, but after the employee entered my information (he understood that I was a GCU member), the 10% bonus wasn't showing up. I was annoyed that this would probably mean I'd have to get the bonus as a manual discount for something bought in that store and I'd have to PM someone on the BBY forums, and the employee was also frustrated since he had processed my last trade-in at that store and the 10% had kicked in without issue.

After looking up my account info twice more to try to get the 10% added and having no luck, the employee said:

"It'd be so much easier if we could just scan your card to get the bonus applied...Wait, why don't we try that?"

So I gave him my RZ Premier Silver card, he scanned it, and my account info, along with the extra $2.40, appeared immediately. I did a double-take at that actually working and asked the employee when he scanned the card (in terms of the trade-in transaction--e.g., which screen he was on). He said that he scanned it when he would scan a game for trade-in.

So if you have an RZ card, you might be able to avoid significant hassle in the future by presenting it when your games are being scanned. You won't even have to provide a driver's license!

Hopefully this helps out with streamlining future trades...even if the values are kind of crap right now. :)

Now if only BBY can fix the issues with the Pitch-In Card so I can actually add the ~$56 in GCs I have to it... :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I've had my physical card scanned and the bonus not show up.

[quote name='panda911']I've had my physical card scanned and the bonus not show up.[/QUOTE]Huh, that's weird. Did you have it scanned after having your games scanned but before proceeding with the transaction?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Thanks Vigilante! Can't wait to try this out. This one dude always gets it wrong so this should help.[/QUOTE]No problem. Let us know how it goes.

Also, if it turns out that my experience was a fluke, I apologize in advance. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Vigilante']
Now if only BBY can fix the issues with the Pitch-In Card so I can actually add the ~$56 in GCs I have to it... :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I wonder if its the same glitch that's causing my pending transaction from earlier this month to not clear I was getting my points cleared after 15 days until the first of this month then everything started to go wonky

[quote name='Rockinjs']I wonder if its the same glitch that's causing my pending transaction from earlier this month to not clear I was getting my points cleared after 15 days until the first of this month then everything started to go wonky[/QUOTE]

I think points clearing in 15 days are over. I'm a silver member and purchased something early this month and the points have yet to post to my account.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I think points clearing in 15 days are over. I'm a silver member and purchased something early this month and the points have yet to post to my account.[/QUOTE]

I'm not or have I ever been a silver rewards member but my points have always posted on the 30th day. Even when all these people were getting their points early for the $20 reward zone pre order bonus I was still getting them on the 30th day.

[quote name='bige562']I'm not or have I ever been a silver rewards member but my points have always posted on the 30th day. Even when all these people were getting their points early for the $20 reward zone pre order bonus I was still getting them on the 30th day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah well since you weren't a silver member your points took the full 30 days to clear, whereas silver members points would clear in 15 days. I assumed it was just another perk of being silver but I don't ever recall BB saying anything about it. I think it might have been a mistake on BB's part and they corrected it now. I hope I'm wrong though cause having to wait 30 days again would suck.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I think points clearing in 15 days are over. I'm a silver member and purchased something early this month and the points have yet to post to my account.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if that's the case it just started this month transaction from 12/27 cleared in 15 but another from 1/1 is still pending I also have a trade in from the 11th that hasn't even shown up yet in my history even though I got the email receipt from it and it is tied to my account. Maybe everything will go back to how it was after everything gets reset next month

[quote name='Vigilante']Huh, that's weird. Did you have it scanned after having your games scanned but before proceeding with the transaction?
[/QUOTE]

Yep but it might've been on an earlier software version so who knows.

I've had my card scanned and it didn't work, but it was when they were looking up my info, not done at the same time they were scanning in games. It actually almost makes sense that you could add your RZ card to the transaction like a regular store purchase prior to adding personal info.

I too have had all my RZ points pending from the 2nd (first purchase in January) but all my mid-late December stuff cleared like right away. So yeah, I think we're all back to waiting 30 days.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Yeah well since you weren't a silver member your points took the full 30 days to clear, whereas silver members points would clear in 15 days. I assumed it was just another perk of being silver but I don't ever recall BB saying anything about it. I think it might have been a mistake on BB's part and they corrected it now. I hope I'm wrong though cause having to wait 30 days again would suck.[/QUOTE]I've already made an ideax thread for getting instant RZ points, it's going to take some tech changes but I think it's coming.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ints-posts-w-nno-risk-to-BestBuy/idi-p/547674

They will most likely start it off for silver members but extend it with promos for regs.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']I've already made an ideax thread for getting instant RZ points, it's going to take some tech changes but I think it's coming. I'm not at my PC will post the link later today.

They will most likely start it off for silver members but extend it with promos for regs.[/QUOTE]

I feel like I read that once and it involved waiving your right to return the item or something?

The reason instant points will probably never be a reality is that shit could really get out of hand for the points that come for bigger purchases and bonuses. It may seem small to say someone buys something, get's $5-$10 instant, uses the certificate then returns the item later, but enough people do it and it starts to cost money and they only "make up the points" if the person ends up spending more than what they spent originally later. Not to mention the system that has to be in place to constantly update and correct that. Their current one can't even come close to working. I did a price correction for a couple of the games I bought with the $20 cert, and in each case they screwed up and gave me more points like I simply bought the game again (For example: bought Halo 4 for $59.99 with a gift card. Got a $20 certificate and like 5 points for some random reason (10 after GCU bonus). Priced match the game for $39.99 later and got 40 points for the price correct/"purchase" and another 40 for the gamers club unlocked bonus in addition to getting $20 back and the $20 certificate. If I had bought Halo 4 with cash in the first place I would of wound up paying $40 with a $20 certificate and with like 200 RZ points from it. Happened for Assassin's Creed as well).

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I feel like I read that once and it involved waiving your right to return the item or something?

The reason instant points will probably never be a reality is that shit could really get out of hand for the points that come for bigger purchases and bonuses. It may seem small to say someone buys something, get's $5-$10 instant, uses the certificate then returns the item later, but enough people do it and it starts to cost money and they only "make up the points" if the person ends up spending more than what they spent originally later. Not to mention the system that has to be in place to constantly update and correct that. Their current one can't even come close to working. I did a price correction for a couple of the games I bought with the $20 cert, and in each case they screwed up and gave me more points like I simply bought the game again (For example: bought Halo 4 for $59.99 with a gift card. Got a $20 certificate and like 5 points for some random reason (10 after GCU bonus). Priced match the game for $39.99 later and got 40 points for the price correct/"purchase" and another 40 for the gamers club unlocked bonus in addition to getting $20 back and the $20 certificate. If I had bought Halo 4 with cash in the first place I would of wound up paying $40 with a $20 certificate and with like 200 RZ points from it. Happened for Assassin's Creed as well).[/QUOTE]there system needs a major upgrade anyways that's where most of the problems arise. Gotta spend money to make money & it looks really bad for a large electronics store to have such poor systems.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ints-posts-w-nno-risk-to-BestBuy/idi-p/547674

Never thought I'd do this, but I'm gonna trade in some games that have a value of $1, such as AC: Revelations and Twilight Princess. Someone talk me out of this, preferably a method with less hassle than eBay.

bread's done
Back