Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Coper3000']He trades a whole bunch of guides. Where do you get those? Best Buy? lolz.[/QUOTE]

For the record, I GAVE AWAY a whole bunch of guides. What have you done? :booty:

[quote name='Velo214']im at work, and this is amusing ;)
I'm surprised so many bb tivs have stayed $25 for so long.
confoosius is hilarious.-> " yeah get a life ya loser for flippin and making money all day. be cool like me and make fun of internet people." lol

cheapest i had a car that ran like a champ but i just couldnt get it to pass the emissions/safety inspections. i drove dirty for like 6 months but after 3 tickets for driving invalid whatev and like $300 in fines i got lucky and sold it to this guy for $500 no questions asked. lol[/QUOTE]
I thought about it. But knowing my luck the day after my inspection/registration ran out would be the day the local cops would be doing a clean sweep and ticketing/towing/junking cars w/ invalid stickers.:roll:

Then again I think I had the car for like 5 years, paid only $1k for it and I drove everywhere with it, so I got my use out of it.:D
[quote name='confoosious']
And this is why IATTCG is a folk hero. Never takes himself too seriously. :D God Bless you, IATTCG, even if you are misguided sometimes.[/QUOTE]
Damn right. When everybody else is being oh so serious(since after all internet is serious biz:razz:) you can rely on me to come stomping into a thread and make some inane comment and then stumble back out of the thread.;)

[quote name='confoosious']What do you contribute except shady trades?[/QUOTE]

Cut him some slack. He had 2 trades go bad out of 134.

[quote name='dabamus']confoosious, don't you have something better to do at the moment that troll?

Other than the list in the Kmart thread, what do you contribute to the site? :/[/QUOTE]

I don't think confoosious is a bad guy, but I think he's taking this flipping thing waayyy too seriously. confoosious obviously contributes to CAG in his own way, sometimes bringing the hammer to the idiots that post non-deals in this forum, etc... anyway...

Gotta be better things to do on a Sat night than this.

Created the glyde.com thread, and other past posts. Also have contributed to many threads- good information that helps other CAGs. I don't look for ways to turn good threads into my own jealousy.

this thread is annoying to read now. we should just quit the bantering at this point as we're getting off topic from what this thread was intended for. i say we quit the flipping/anti-flipping/bragging BS otherwise mods will just delete 80% of this thread (or even just delete the whole damn thing) and post a new OP. we've all said our piece.

You know, I'm not the only one on here that hates massive flippers, I'm just the most vocal.

You wanna massively flip, go ahead. But keep that shit to yourself because talking about cleaning out a town of all the good deals just pisses people off. And then of course comes the "well, you're just too slow" crap.

Once upon a time, the good mods agreed with me and said people weren't to brag about the many many copies they flipped. I guess that rule went out the window.

Yeah, I know it's not gonna change anyone and their flipping. But at the very least, could we not have to fucking hear about it? Is that so much to ask? It's not a morality or economic issue. It's a "stop being a dick on purpose" issue. (because bragging about flipping has got to be the dumbest thing ever. You're not doing anything hard.)

[quote name='confoosious']What do you contribute except shady trades?
[/QUOTE]

I'm usually one of the first out reporting on BB guide drops among many other deals I've checked on/contributed to.

All I see you do is trolling 99% of the time against flippers.

Just got done flipping 492 copies of New Vegas. Does anyone know if Visa accepts Best Buy credit as payment?

[quote name='Enuf']dino88
I'll leave it at this it's 9:44 pm my girl has on a tight t-shirt and vicky's booty shorts a$$ shaking Ali holding the torch so Ima spend this weekend phucking her brains out b/c that's what makes me happy. I hope you got someone there wit you so you can phuck their brains out b/c when it all comes down to it...PU$$Y or money? PU$$Y everytime in Philly, money fake it to you make it and/or be on your grind. Have a good weekend[/QUOTE]

Is that you, Fire_Thief?

[quote name='dino88']Just got done flipping 492 copies of New Vegas. Does anyone know if Visa accept Best Buy credit as payment? [/QUOTE]

My guess is no but I assume he will try to make his car/rent with it though. Flippers do have no morals

didn't know about the kindle amazon gift cards are the same as regular amazon gift cards.

but i assume that you can't buy gift cards with other gift cards, bummer

[quote name='theking20']didn't know about the kindle amazon gift cards are the same as regular amazon gift cards.

but i assume that you can't buy gift cards with other gift cards, bummer[/QUOTE]

I was able to purchase a Kindle gift card with a Best Buy gift card no problem.

[quote name='dino88']Just got done flipping 492 copies of New Vegas. Does anyone know if Visa accepts Best Buy credit as payment?[/quote]
No. But I've heard they accept bits of string, unlike the black market in Havana.
[quote name='theking20']didn't know about the kindle amazon gift cards are the same as regular amazon gift cards.

but i assume that you can't buy gift cards with other gift cards, bummer[/QUOTE]
It depends on the cashier really. Technically the gift cards ARE merchandise and the BB gc's say they can be used for ANY merchandise, so you could argue it on those grounds.

Hell. They let me use a $10 RZ certificate on a $10 PSN card about 2 months ago, but again YMMV on that.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Or he could buy 16 $50 Kindle gift cards and if he's in a state where Amazon doesn't charge sales tax still he could get MORE for that $800 in credit.;)[/QUOTE]

But BB has Ipad 2s... i think thats what he wanted or was that some other guy lol.

Not sure. All I know is I'm out of GS credit or I'd have considered doing 3 of each if at all possible. But spending real money to make credit isn't my cup of tea unless I'm making like 300% over what I paid.:razz:

[quote name='Cerebral_One']How does the $50 or more work? I'm confused.[/QUOTE]

in the beginning of the week, some games were going for $37, $38. But they all dropped to $25 so it's really just $50 now.

[quote name='dino88']Just got done flipping 492 copies of New Vegas. Does anyone know if Visa accepts Best Buy credit as payment?[/QUOTE]

Lolwat? Where do you even buy 492 copies?

[quote name='confoosious']in the beginning of the week, some games were going for $37, $38. But they all dropped to $25 so it's really just $50 now.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

I traded my games in. I was going to do it the online way at first, but my friend told me it takes forever. The BB employee on the other hand said he traded his online and it only took 3 days to get his credits.

BTW to blingbling123 :applause: That's gotta be a lot of work to find those games preowned at GS. I only traded in 3 FO NV and 3 SWTFUII and it was a lot of work trying to find it at a store that's complete.

trade them brick n mortar. i would have done this more but im out of gamestop credit, thank god. lol.
n yeah, glad i locked in homefront for 38 and de blob 2 for 30, they seemed to drop all high tiv's to 25, even crysis 2.
i always get amazon kindle and psn cards using gift cards and rz certs. the 10% coupon even worked on psn cards up til a month ago.

they still have lots of high tiv's. i just got a bunch of free rentals through the gohastings.com deal that i just submitted 2 min before it ended. i cant believe medal of honor and a bunch of others are still 25 even.

[quote name='ceve2001']I traded my games in. I was going to do it the online way at first, but my friend told me it takes forever. The BB employee on the other hand said he traded his online and it only took 3 days to get his credits.

BTW to blingbling123 :applause: That's gotta be a lot of work to find those games preowned at GS. I only traded in 3 FO NV and 3 SWTFUII and it was a lot of work trying to find it at a store that's complete.[/QUOTE]

I guess I got very lucky, most the copies had the complete case and manual. There were stores that had some without them, but then again they also had ones that did have the complete package. Plus the sheer number of gamestops in my area is just ridiculous, and most have high trade-in volumes. I wouldn't have abused this trade so bad if it was too much a hassle,but like the first store I went to had like 6 complete copies, and I just went from there.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, I know it's not gonna change anyone and their flipping. But at the very least, could we not have to fucking hear about it? Is that so much to ask? It's not a morality or economic issue. It's a "stop being a dick on purpose" issue. (because bragging about flipping has got to be the dumbest thing ever. You're not doing anything hard.)[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='confoosious'] It's a "stop being a dick on purpose" issue. (because bragging about flipping has got to be the dumbest thing ever. You're not doing anything hard.)[/QUOTE]

Why does making money have to be hard? I think a lot of the people bitching about it are just jealous that it's easier to flip and make $1000 profit a month than it is to do their job...

SMB was never free at BB. (At least not for me.) Galvatron - at least get the facts straight.

And 5 copies vs 30? (over the course of a month?) oh you guys really got me there. :roll: I wasn't bragging about it either. I was just saying I didn't care if they sent some back.

I have never said flipping was bad. If you want to flip 3 to BB, what do I care? I said cleaning out an entire town of games and massively flipping, raising red flags to the company, and then bragging about it was being a douche. I have been nothing if not consistent on this.

If you guys remember, it was either Toy Story Mania or SMB where people traded in 50 copies that caused dealtree to change their limit to 3.

Also, if I remember correctly, velo, you also cleaned out SMBs but you'd pick up 3, let the rest sit, and when nobody picked them up after a week, you picked up some more and traded them in. Did I give you shit about that? I don't think so.

I honestly can't remember the last thing I flipped for profit. Mostly now I just buy clearance games from Target for shits and giggles if I know I can trade it in and not lose too much. I did make a whole $1.26 on pacific liberator. And 26 cents on Cold Stone Creamery.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Abeja']People have suggested plasticjungle.com[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've heard of Plastic Jungle. Are they reputable though? Anyone here have any personal experiences with them?

And I have a couple more games to get rid of, but they're still brand new and sealed. I've traded in unopened games to Amazon before without any problems, but I'm not sure if Best Buy is the same. Do they accept unopened games? I could always open them I suppose, but I prefer to keep them sealed since they can't give me any bullcrap excuse about the discs being damaged or something.

[quote name='BMXJouster']Yeah I've heard of Plastic Jungle. Are they reputable though? Anyone here have any personal experiences with them?

And I have a couple more games to get rid of, but they're still brand new and sealed. I've traded in unopened games to Amazon before without any problems, but I'm not sure if Best Buy is the same. Do they accept unopened games? I could always open them I suppose, but I prefer to keep them sealed since they can't give me any bullcrap excuse about the discs being damaged or something.[/QUOTE]

I would open them. A couple asshole managers at BB(including the GM of the store) denied me once because the games were in too good of condition and could have been stolen according to them.

Plastic Jungle is completely legit but the problem with BB Gift Cards is that they don't give instant credit so you have to send it through the mail and there's no tracking so...

I recently did an instant funding (they accept cards from 30 something merchants via online form) and that went fine. got my amazon gc within 2 hours.

[quote name='confoosious']I recently did an instant funding and that went fine. got my amazon gf within 2 hours.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know Amazon was running that kind of service now. I'll have to look into that. Does she speak English?

edit: aaah...you fixed it.

[quote name='dino88']Didn't know Amazon was running that kind of service now. I'll have to look into that. Does she speak English?

edit: aaah...you fixed it.[/QUOTE]

heh... i caught that when adding the bit about 30+ merchants.

Shit, I spend so much money at Amazon, it might as well be my gf.

although I'm too cheap to pay for overnight shipping so she wouldve taken 2 days, not 2 hours.

[quote name='dabamus']I would open them. A couple asshole managers at BB(including the GM of the store) denied me once because the games were in too good of condition and could have been stolen according to them.[/QUOTE]

That's weird. My BB doesn't accept used or "preowned game" (gamestop) and they told me that they only accept new games. Even the manager confirmed that. Stupid BB customer service at Fairfield, CA.

i admit i loved those bestbuy freebies. it was so rewarding every other month to see the game that was $20 off coupon get a sale price for $20 the exact date the coupon went live or only for one day or something, it was crazy fun. nerf game and fairy tale fights and sudoku ball detective and i think a few others. it was like finding diamonds in the rough and then being cool and giving the cashier a coupon n being like, yeah, im outta here with my stuff. i never get lucky on penny guide days, but i bet it's the same feeling of being like, yesterday i would have paid alot for this, but not today. bam.
i always wish of seeing the bestbuy gamer mag coupons to start doing the same magic, but i think it's lost. c'est le vie or something

[quote name='coolrust']That's weird. My BB doesn't accept used or "preowned game" (gamestop) and they told me that they only accept new games. Even the manager confirmed that. Stupid BB customer service at Fairfield, CA.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if all stores accept trade-ins. Here's a link if you want to find the closest one near you: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/

I looked up Fairfield, CA and it shows that the one located at 1547 Gateway Blvd does take trade-ins.

[quote name='dino88']I'm not sure if all stores accept trade-ins. Here's a link if you want to find the closest one near you: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/

I looked up Fairfield, CA and it shows that the one located at 1547 Gateway Blvd does take trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the one. The problem is they have a lot of dumb lazy asshole employees especially customer service.

[quote name='Evilv6']As of now, trade in value for 360 version of F:NV is $9.00, PS3 version is still at $25.00 tho.[/QUOTE]

It did drop to 12 like a week after they had it at 25 but the ps3 version was still 25, then the 360 went back up.

[quote name='Evilv6']As of now, trade in value for 360 version of F:NV is $9.00, PS3 version is still at $25.00 tho.[/QUOTE]where do you see this?

[quote name='Ender17']where do you see this?[/QUOTE]

On the trade in estimator

On another note, the 360 version of FU2 is 9 too now, but the ps3 and wii ones are still 25

[quote name='dmdragon']On the trade in estimator

On another note, the 360 version of FU2 is 9 too now, but the ps3 and wii ones are still 25[/QUOTE]the 2 for $50 list still has it on there
I still have some I need to trade it, wonder if I can get $25 in the morning in store

[quote name='Ender17']the 2 for $50 list still has it on there
I still have some I need to trade it, wonder if I can get $25 in the morning in store[/QUOTE]

I doubt it if it's the 360 version as they use the trade estimator to do the trade and I don't think they can modify those prices.

Oh, and here's something to do with your 75 I thought of today that I did myself if you want the 2 games.

Get 75 in kindle cards, then go to amazon and preorder portal 2 with the 20 dollar credit for buying it. That should leave you 20 left in amazon credit. Wait until it ships and you get your 20 dollar credit, then use both credits and get Mortal Kombat for 20 bucks. Total out of pocket for Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat is about 55 dollars. That is a buy one get one sale basically, or 27.50 each.

Damn good deal for 2 awesome games that come out in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back