Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']why do you assume it's jealousy? Like oooooh I'm so jealous I can't figure out how to buy from one store and trade in to another 18 times?

if no one bragged about flipping, would there be flame wars about it? It's only when someone starts with it that people get upset.[/QUOTE]
But why do the people who get upset get upset? I could maybe see if the upset people lived in the same area as the big time flipper and they cleaned out like 10 GS stores.

But GS stores are like cockroaches, there's a million of them and the shit they're selling stinks(sometimes literally).

So if one store has no stock left, go to the next one. Rinse and repeat till you find your deal.

But in the end one has to ask WHY the people who get upset just HAVE to comment on someone else's behavior? Does it truly affect them personally? Not really. So why get on the high horse/soap box over it?

You seem to think people who get upset are upset because they're so jealous they can't find copies to flip. Like it's such a HUGE acievement and so cool to flip games. (Psssst, it's not.)

One day, they'll limit BB trade in to 1 game. And when I have 2 copies of a game to trade in, I can't because some douchebag had to trade in 18 copies of FONV.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But why do the people who get upset get upset? I could maybe see if the upset people lived in the same area as the big time flipper and they cleaned out like 10 GS stores.

But GS stores are like cockroaches, there's a million of them and the shit they're selling stinks(sometimes literally).

So if one store has no stock left, go to the next one. Rinse and repeat till you find your deal.

But in the end one has to ask WHY the people who get upset just HAVE to comment on someone else's behavior? Does it truly affect them personally? Not really. So why get on the high horse/soap box over it?[/QUOTE]

Thank you, finally someone who isn't getting their panties in a bunch because someone managed to get a good haul from bestbuy. Seriously if these same people had the opportunity to flip a load of games at that rate, they would turn it down, yeah right. I didn't post about the flips I did to have some moral police officers come tell me wrong from right, I did it mainly to let the many people who are interested in doing this that some BBs won't necessarily set a limit of 3 games per title, some stores apparently have different policies or don't follow them strictly.

Flipped three FO NV tonight. 2 from GS and 1 was my personal copy bought on release day. Ive traded in 5 copies on 360 so far. 3 on my address and 2 on my dads. Not my fault BestBuy has left the trade in value like it is.

[quote name='confoosious']You seem to think people who get upset are upset because they're so jealous they can't find copies to flip. Like it's such a HUGE acievement and so cool to flip games. (Psssst, it's not.)

One day, they'll limit BB trade in to 1 game. And when I have 2 copies of a game to trade in, I can't because some douchebag had to trade in 18 copies of FONV.[/QUOTE]

Why would you have 2 copies of the same game to trade-in in the first place, and wow, if you did, just go to another store to trade-in the other one. You're acting as if my actions have turned your whole world upside down.

I traded in 3 FO NV tonight along with Tron (Free from Coke Rewards) and Medal of Honor. Used the $125 and put it all on preorder of Socom 4 Full Deployment Edition. Do I feel bad for raping a deal like this? No way. Best Buy will probably get my money back in return over the year. Plus if I didnt pull this flip then I probably wouldnt have got the Full Deployment Edition. The way I look at it is I helped sales for GS, Sony and Best Buy (and Oil Companies for gas) all in one quick afternoon, therefore I boosted the economy and came out a happy camper. So if you dont like it then dont do it and leave us flippers alone.

Does gamestop literally accept ANY trade in? I ask because as I was hunting for FO: NV i noticed they literally had dozens of copies without the original cases or without manuals.

I did manage to find enough to make a nice profit at Best Buy (stop your whining and complaining) but finding so many junk copies makes me wonder if gamestop will literally accept any trade in in any condition.

Also does the mail-in "Deal Tree" via Best Buy trade in program work in conjunction with the BB instore trade in program?

I'm wondering if the two are tied together.. meaning if I use up my three copies per platform doing an in store trade in at Best Buy am I still able to mail in three copies per platform to Deal Tree? Or would I not get any credit?

Anyone have any experiences?

Thanks

[quote name='GBAstar']Does gamestop literally accept ANY trade in? I ask because as I was hunting for FO: NV i noticed they literally had dozens of copies without the original cases or without manuals.

I did manage to find enough to make a nice profit at Best Buy (stop your whining and complaining) but finding so many junk copies makes me wonder if gamestop will literally accept any trade in in any condition.

Also does the mail-in "Deal Tree" via Best Buy trade in program work in conjunction with the BB instore trade in program?

I'm wondering if the two are tied together.. meaning if I use up my three copies per platform doing an in store trade in at Best Buy am I still able to mail in three copies per platform to Deal Tree? Or would I not get any credit?

Anyone have any experiences?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I think gamestop accepts them without manual or case, at least they did in the past. I think it helps to go to gamestops that are in a little bit nicer areas or at least around middle-class areas. People that trade their stuff in there tend to trade their games with the case and manual with it, and the discs are usually in very good shape. I went to a run-down/ghetto area of town and the gamestop there had their shelves littered with no original cases and no manuals. I don't know of this "Deal Tree" you speak of, sorry

So I sold some of my games that were actually worth more through Best Buy than Amazon in hopes of using that Best Buy credit towards buying the Amazon Kindle gift card I was hearing so much about. Turns out physical Amazon gift cards are no longer sold here in Illinois (Best Buy included).

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

...ahem. Is there any way I can turn my Best Buy gift card into Amazon credit/an Amazon gift card? I Googled it and saw links to websites that will let you do that (for a fee), but I don't know which ones are actually reputable. Anyone here have experience doing something like this?

[quote name='BMXJouster']So I sold some of my games that were actually worth more through Best Buy than Amazon in hopes of using that Best Buy credit towards buying the Amazon Kindle gift card I was hearing so much about. Turns out physical Amazon gift cards are no longer sold here in Illinois (Best Buy included).

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

...ahem. Is there any way I can turn my Best Buy gift card into Amazon credit/an Amazon gift card? I Googled it and saw links to websites that will let you do that (for a fee), but I don't know which ones are actually reputable. Anyone here have experience doing something like this?[/QUOTE]

People have suggested plasticjungle.com

[quote name='confoosious']You seem to think people who get upset are upset because they're so jealous they can't find copies to flip. Like it's such a HUGE acievement and so cool to flip games. (Psssst, it's not.)

One day, they'll limit BB trade in to 1 game. And when I have 2 copies of a game to trade in, I can't because some douchebag had to trade in 18 copies of FONV.[/QUOTE]

i agree with confoosious about this. it's not about being mad about one being limited from partaking in it so much as one getting screwed out of the deal down the line. it's because we overkill the deals to the point that in the long run, we were better off using the system as it was set up initially for every now rather than instead of just making a quick $200.

Amazon/NorAm stopping the 3 limit trade-in policy and limiting to 2 is an example =\ I do see BB changing it to 1 per title if promos like this were abused. It's an obvious line between abuse than just partaking in it.

When you do it, keeping it to yourself is the general guidance here (on top of using good judgment in the first place of what you do). every now and then i don't mind sharing my flip opportunities but i keep a good amount of them off of this site because i know it will only speed up the process of others (lurkers, hoarders, etc.) killing the golden goose.

This reminds me of that stupid secret flipping group that used to be on CAG ... are they still active? I just remember certain users .. hell, I haven't been to the bragging rights area in awhile ... but yeah, maybe if people were more forthcoming with flips, it wouldn't be so ridiculed by people that miss out ... granted lurkers would probably kill the flips faster ... but the whole "CAG underground" makes me laugh.

And as far as "killing deals" goes ... I look at alot of what happens on CAG as surfing ... you ride the wave while you can and if you're good, you stay on it for a good long time and ride it out ... then you move on and wait for the next wave ... and there's always another wave. Waves like Circuit City closing ... or Best Buy to Paypal trades ... or Toysrus Halo Card discounts ... it's just up to our core community of CAGs to spot the best waves and then ride hard gentlemen ... there will always be new waves

[quote name='etcrane']This reminds me of that stupid secret flipping group that used to be on CAG ... are they still active? I just remember certain users .. hell, I haven't been to the bragging rights area in awhile ... but yeah, maybe if people were more forthcoming with flips, it wouldn't be so ridiculed by people that miss out ... granted lurkers would probably kill the flips faster ... but the whole "CAG underground" makes me laugh.

And as far as "killing deals" goes ... I look at alot of what happens on CAG as surfing ... you ride the wave while you can and if you're good, you stay on it for a good long time and ride it out ... then you move on and wait for the next wave ... and there's always another wave. Waves like Circuit City closing ... or Best Buy to Paypal trades ... or Toysrus Halo Card discounts ... it's just up to our core community of CAGs to spot the best waves and then ride hard gentlemen ... there will always be new waves[/QUOTE]
Technically the 'underground' groups had to go further underground due to rampant persecution on here, even though I still have an email reply from Cheapy himself saying that there's nothing against the flipping discussion. Of course every time a flipping opportunity is discussed it becomes arguing in short order and everything gets deleted en masse soon after.:roll:

So now unless you're in the group(s) you're not going to know this sort of information unless you find it on your own.

As for being more forthcoming with flips, we've seen what happened just here alone. Once people knew you could exploit the Gamestop B2G1 and trade this one particular game en masse to Best Buy for a profit then it was game on and it brought out the mass flippers who will likely cause the trade value to plummet.

Even in the flip group itself there are people who will do bulk trades with places known to stop taking trades of certain title in once a limit is reached, even if means the rest of the group is SOL after that point.

So that's why if you find a flip, you keep that info close and don't let too many know it.;)

[quote name='etcrane']This reminds me of that stupid secret flipping group that used to be on CAG ... are they still active? I just remember certain users .. hell, I haven't been to the bragging rights area in awhile ... but yeah, maybe if people were more forthcoming with flips, it wouldn't be so ridiculed by people that miss out ... granted lurkers would probably kill the flips faster ... but the whole "CAG underground" makes me laugh.

And as far as "killing deals" goes ... I look at alot of what happens on CAG as surfing ... you ride the wave while you can and if you're good, you stay on it for a good long time and ride it out ... then you move on and wait for the next wave ... and there's always another wave. Waves like Circuit City closing ... or Best Buy to Paypal trades ... or Toysrus Halo Card discounts ... it's just up to our core community of CAGs to spot the best waves and then ride hard gentlemen ... there will always be new waves[/QUOTE]
Technically the underground group for discussing flips and flipping had to go further underground due to rampant persecution on here.

:whistle2:# Unfortunately this is due to the usually heated back and forth(as seen earlier:roll:) that a discussion about flipping etiquette and what not tends to devolve into.

So on that note I cannot blame the mods for deleting all such discussion, but yet it almost always starts when someone who is anti flipping calls someone who does it a scumbag or other equally colorful name.

As for giving out information on flips to everyone at large, that only leads to the situation we saw earlier where people exploit the hell out of it and then the trade value will most likely plummet to nothing soon after.

It's even happened within the confines of the flip group(s) themselves, where members will send in a shitton of the same item/game and then a site/store will issue a new policy limiting the number of copies or offering only a lowered trade value for every one after a certain new limit they institute. So then anyone attempting to send in any copies after those members are SOL.:whistle2:#

Only reason I still respond to the anti flipping people is because they tend to make it seem that flippers in general are criminals for what they're doing, when in fact many of us are simply going by a companies own trade in policies. Albeit if some find a loophole and they can exploit it then I say more power to them, but leave some credit for the rest of us to make.:booty:

I'll admit, I did some flipping, but I followed the rules, and I am most certainly not going to brag about how much or how little I did it on here lol. I don't need validation from others like some apparently need :p

What I don't understand is how so many people have missed the second part of the fallout nv deal that will net more. Buy the games at BB with a price match!!! Get the rz points & the gamers points too.
If you get 6 games your only $30 spent on gaming away from another $10 in rz certs. Unless you have GS credit it makes no sense not to stockpile points for every dollar you spend on games you get points 2x.

Also, if your paying cash buy the used fallout NV from BB w/a price match of the used GS price $17.99, less outta pocket larger payoff.

[quote name='Enuf']What I don't understand is how so many people have missed the second part of the fallout nv deal that will net more. Buy the games at BB with a price match!!! Get the rz points & the gamers points too.
If you get 6 games your only $30 spent on gaming away from another $10 in rz certs. Unless you have GS credit it makes no sense not to stockpile points for every dollar you spend on games you get points 2x.

Also, if your paying cash buy the used fallout NV from BB w/a price match of the used GS price $17.99, less outta pocket larger payoff.[/QUOTE]

Their is a lot of fail in your post...

[quote name='Enuf']What I don't understand is how so many people have missed the second part of the fallout nv deal that will net more. Buy the games at BB with a price match!!! Get the rz points & the gamers points too.

Also, if your paying cash buy the used fallout NV from BB w/a price match of the used GS price $17.99, less outta pocket larger payoff.[/QUOTE]
WTF-ARE-YOU-TALKING-ABOUT.jpg

Not when GS is giving you a free game when you buy 2

[quote name='dmdragon']I'll admit, I did some flipping, but I followed the rules, and I am most certainly not going to brag about how much or how little I did it on here lol. I don't need validation from others like some apparently need :p[/QUOTE]

I dont mind people talking about flipping, but dont brag saying purchase over 10 copies and flipping it. (Not u, but just saying)

If they were able to profit, then good for them. Me, I like collecting and leave it for others to be able to get what they want.

This is CAG and as long as I get at least 1 copy for myself, then I would leave the rest for another CAG.

FYI- I got Fallout New vegas CE at Tysons a few days ago and left the PS3 behind.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

So on that note I cannot blame the mods for deleting all such discussion, but yet it almost always starts when someone who is anti flipping calls someone who does it a scumbag or other equally colorful name.
[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously this myopic? It always starts with someone brags about flipping.

When has a poster ever spontaneously jumped into a thread and yelled at someone for flipping out of nowhere?

Show me a single instance of a person derailing a thread without a flipper posting first.

Flippers aren't the problem on CAG. Flippers who brag about it are. You and your little underground group (seriously? this is like jr high) can go cram it with walnuts.

FO: NV still listed at $25 on their website; Better trade 'em if you got 'em today...I can't imagine this lasting until tomorrow, being the start of a new ad week, etc...

[quote name='twstd4lfe']Not when GS is giving you a free game when you buy 2[/QUOTE]

I didn't factor this in, was looking at the cost of GS card $15 negating one game if you didn't already have one.

You don't need the PUR plus to be eligible for the B2G1 Free; howver if you own one it knocks 10% off (effectively $1.80) for the two that you do buy. For those that are doing this multiple times it will essentially pay for itself.

The other errrr in your logic was that

1) Most Best Buy's do not price match promotions that are not just a flat price promotion (i.e. anything with a gift card, bundle, Buy X get X)

2) Most Best Buy's don't have a large selection of used games

[/QUOTE]

There's only a couple of guys I actually talk to about what I do because we have a similar mindset about it but as for any specific group I'm not aware of any although I have read about it from time to time on here. I wouldn't want some lurker going nuts on every deal I know about.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Albeit if some find a loophole and they can exploit it then I say more power to them, but leave some credit for the rest of us to make.:booty:[/QUOTE]

And we're pretty much on agreement on your end point. It's not so much about flipping it but flipping it to the nth degree. The multiple posts by noobs posting about multiple persons/ID's for trade-ins are just as no good to me as posts telling us all how much you "saved with XX credit." Utterly useless and we all can do without. I'll always trade in within policy but not overkill the deal. If I want more, then craigslist it goes. We all benefit if we keep the trade-in programs the way it is.

[quote name='GBAstar']You don't need the PUR plus to be eligible for the B2G1 Free; howver if you own one it knocks 10% off (effectively $1.80) for the two that you do buy. For those that are doing this multiple times it will essentially pay for itself.

The other errrr in your logic was that

1) Most Best Buy's do not price match promotions that are not just a flat price promotion (i.e. anything with a gift card, bundle, Buy X get X)

2) Most Best Buy's don't have a large selection of used games[/QUOTE]

1-BB will match gc offer per their policy, people complain about getting denied but I've posted several times how to get it. I wasn't saying to try and pm the b2g1 I was looking at a straight up pm for $20 or $18.

2-Depends one where your at PA-Willow Grove, Montgomeryville, Plymouth Meeting, King of Prussia, Oxford Valley NJ-Princeton & E. Brunswick stores have pretty good selections of used games. Not in comparsion to GS but BB just started. Plus I was factoring in that if people have been flipping this specific game in at high volumes you'd have a better chance of finding fallout used there than at GS.

[quote name='Enuf']1-BB will match gc offer per their policy, people complain about getting denied but I've posted several times how to get it. I wasn't saying to try and pm the b2g1 I was looking at a straight up pm for $20 or $18.
.[/QUOTE]

This is YMMV depending on the manager on duty and some people don't want the 15 minute hassle to finding and talking to a manager just to get denied.

I know it states exactly how they are to price match in this policy on the website. But everyone knows they barely know their own policies.

[quote name='confoosious']This is YMMV depending on the manager on duty and some people don't want the 15 minute hassle to finding and talking to a manager just to get denied.

I know it states exactly how they are to price match in this policy on the website. But everyone knows they barely know their own policies.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.. and calling Corporate CSR does no good either as they have told me multiple times it is up to each store to handle their price matching policies

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but SW:TFU2 & Medal of Honor :360: & :ps3: are also positive flips to BB. Not as good as FO:NV or TFU2 :wii:, but still worth it. Think I might grab an ipad today. ;)

Red Dead Redemption is no longer on that trade 2 for 50 list. However it still trades in for $20 which is better than most places.

[quote name='Enuf']1-BB will match gc offer per their policy, people complain about getting denied but I've posted several times how to get it. I wasn't saying to try and pm the b2g1 I was looking at a straight up pm for $20 or $18.

2-Depends one where your at PA-Willow Grove, Montgomeryville, Plymouth Meeting, King of Prussia, Oxford Valley NJ-Princeton & E. Brunswick stores have pretty good selections of used games. Not in comparsion to GS but BB just started. Plus I was factoring in that if people have been flipping this specific game in at high volumes you'd have a better chance of finding fallout used there than at GS.[/QUOTE]

Ya it is totally ymmv. I have never had them match and have gone in with a direct print of their policy as well as on my phone and one manager even looked it up before telling me they don't. I did have one person tell me that corporate gives the go ahead on who h deals to match which makes a touch of sense considering the crap they gave me and the fact that they never price match.

I don't want turn this into a BB pm thread but I'll help as much as possible,

The key to getting a pm especially w/giftcard promos is preparation 
1-Have the ad your pm'ing 
2-Make sure that it's in stock at the other store
I know most people know/do 1 & 2(but for those who don't) 
3-Forget printing out BB's pm policy just print out the link below(a BB Corp rep. explains there policy in a "real world" scenario.

Link:
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Be...eir-policy-s/m-p/166494/highlight/true#M33978

Allan/Kyle/Sarah or another corp rep at BB Corp will contact the store mgr 4 you no need to waste time arguing they do the leg work for you just send them a pm.

4-Get the store # that denied you so they are alerted to their mistakes. If you know the stores already that have denied you in the past POST your situations on the BB forums page also!!! Only 1 person has posted the stores that have been messing up, if you don't speak up who will? I don't know the stores outside of the ones I shop & after I had a problem it was over.

5-Fill out the survey the bottom of your receipt from the stores. The feedback goes to Corp. & they keep it from becoming a recurring issue. I don't know if it's by memo or meeting but the point comes across very fast. The time it takes to get them to correct the issues will make all your future pm's run much smoother.

# 4 is important b/c the next time you goto get a pm at that store all you have to do is print that from the BB forums page showing them that "their" store was already corrected about the pm policy...it works.

I'm a pm monster at BB I've done them all smoothly, just recently when TRU was giving a $40 giftcard w/purchasing 2 games I got KZ3/bulletstorm/DS2/COD BO I got them to drop all the games to $40($30 for DS2) & came away w/2 $40 gc's. They didn't have to pm this deal b/c it was a "bundle" but they didn't want to lose a large cash sale this is YMMV. But for a straight up pm haven't had a problem in forever.

Hope this helps if you still have a problem pm me I don't work for BB but I helped several CAG's one that was at BB standing in front of me at CS doing the same pm I was getting only he didn't have the ad but I did and we both got the pm.  

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Policies/Black-Ops-Price-Match/td-p/174138

[quote name='polly']Not sure if it's been mentioned, but SW:TFU2 & Medal of Honor :360: & :ps3: are also positive flips to BB. Not as good as FO:NV or TFU2 :wii:, but still worth it. Think I might grab an ipad today. ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually if you can find TFU2 for the Wii, it is just as good a flip as FO: NV. I wondered how long it would take someone to mention that one...;)

[quote name='Enuf']What I don't understand is how so many people have missed the second part of the fallout nv deal that will net more. Buy the games at BB with a price match!!!
[/QUOTE]

What is the point of all of your pm talk, when people are profiting because of the B2G1? You're going on about buying a game for $20 (plus tax) in cash and trading it in for $25 in store credit (plus RZ points). Feel free to do this yourself, but I don't see anyone taking this advice.

That was easy peezy. Much better trading in store than mailing it out like it used to be... It took 20 minutes or so for the Geek Squad guy to get my info in, but all I had to give him after that was a phone number. Eyed the Amazon GC, but I'll wait to figure out what I'm gonna do with the GC.

[quote name='dino88']What is the point of all of your pm talk, when people are profiting because of the B2G1? You're going on about buying a game for $20 (plus tax) in cash and trading it in for $25 in store credit (plus RZ points). Feel free to do this yourself, but I don't see anyone taking this advice.[/QUOTE]

Did you read post 272 where I state I didn't know about the b2g1. Plus ain't the b2g1 on used games. My point was to turn the full flip 6 games(3 ps3/3 x360) into another deal. If it's on used games it would 17.99 -10% plus the b2g1.

I don't have a problem being corrected but at least the people before you corrected me with the facts.

[quote name='Enuf']Did you read post 272 where I state I didn't know about the b2g1. Plus ain't the b2g1 on used games. My point was to turn the full flip 6 games(3 ps3/3 x360) into another deal. If it's on used games it would 17.99 -10% plus the b2g1.

I don't have a problem being corrected but at least the people before you corrected me with the facts.[/QUOTE]

And when you received those facts you continued to talk about the price match, did you not?

[quote name='confoosious']Are you seriously this myopic? It always starts with someone brags about flipping.

When has a poster ever spontaneously jumped into a thread and yelled at someone for flipping out of nowhere?

Show me a single instance of a person derailing a thread without a flipper posting first.

Flippers aren't the problem on CAG. Flippers who brag about it are. You and your little underground group (seriously? this is like jr high) can go cram it with walnuts.[/QUOTE]
Why is bragging so wrong? Someone is happy with the deal they got and they want to share their success. As I said it's usually the anti flipping person who comes in, sees the bragging a flipper has posted and calls them a name(scumbag, for example) that starts the whole downward spiral.

I'm proud of the deals I've managed to get thanks to being on CAG. Did I have to do something that some would find objectionable(flipping) in order to get some of them? Damn right I did.

Am I gonna shut my piehole because someone can't stand that I took some initiative and went out and made my own deal sweeter by getting X amount back in credit/cash by getting rid of something that I saw tons of for cheap? fuck no.

And yes, most times the item(s) I was flipping were in great supply(or I bought them cheaply from a third party and not a retail store) and there were TONS left for others who wanted to get in on the cheap price.

[quote name='sgaldis']Actually if you can find TFU2 for the Wii, it is just as good a flip as FO: NV. I wondered how long it would take someone to mention that one...;)[/QUOTE]

A few other good GS B2G1 > BB flips that I don't think have been mentioned yet:
Call of Duty World at War :wii:
BlazBlue Continuum Shift :ps3:
Rock Band 3 :360: :ps3:
Goldeneye :wii:

What?

Even if BB pricematched gamestop I would be paying 20 dollars a copy, not just over 16 with powerup, or 18 without, sounds like I'd be losing 2 bucks per copy

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']It's just hilarious to me how 2 threads down, a guy is getting ripped on for buying 5 copies of FO:NV CE to resell. While we have tons of people in here trading multiples and no seems to care[/QUOTE]

It probably has more to do with people wanting to buy the game to actually play the game and they can't find it at their local store. Here people are just flipping the preowned copies.

Though, I don't understand why people would waste all that time just banking $9 credit/title...

[quote name='Spyder187']Remember back when BB had those coupons that ended up making games free? Remember those scumbags that abused the shit out of it so blatantly that they no longer have decent coupons/or ones that make the games free? Yeah those were the days weren't they...

Guess those scumbags found something else to up for everyone else now. Gotta love it. [/quote]
Remember when Blockbuster used to give good trade-in credit... Oh they screwed that up too.

Thanks for this guys. I traded my 2 copies of new vegas in today and got 50 bucks. I wouldn't risk trying to trade in like 10 copies by flipping like some people would.

[quote name='lordopus99']It probably has more to do with people wanting to buy the game to actually play the game and they can't find it at their local store. Here people are just flipping the preowned copies.

Though, I don't understand why people would waste all that time just banking $9 credit/title...

Remember when Blockbuster used to give good trade-in credit... Oh they screwed that up too.[/QUOTE]
Many of the people doing the FO NV flip are likely still holding onto hundreds in GS credit, which they can turn into Amazon credit by buying those Kindle gift cards from Best Buy with the credit from flipping the games there.

There's also probably many people doing this who have tons of Gamestop stores in the same general area as their Best Buy store(s), so it's probably only a couple minute drive from GS to BB for many.

As for Blockbuster no longer giving good trade values, I think their own financial mess had a bit more to do with the declining values versus any damage flippers may have done to their fledgling program.

Why do people always speak in hyperbole when talking about flippers? Many act like if you're a flipper you're automatically the reason X or Y store's deals went away.

[quote name='lordopus99']It probably has more to do with people wanting to buy the game to actually play the game and they can't find it at their local store. Here people are just flipping the preowned copies.

Remember when Blockbuster used to give good trade-in credit... Oh they screwed that up too.[/QUOTE]

Again, i used an example just recently. My friend had a bunch of GS credit and a Best Buy in the same strip mall, very close by. This was even before the B2G1 free started. He bought a Tritton headset for 130 I think it was at Gamestop. He could have got the same one off Amazon for 100. So its getting the credit and the cheaper prices. He didnt listen tho so you can feel safe that people are stupid,get overcharged, and keep crappy buisnesses like GS alive.

Also, with the buy2get1 free at Gamestop its more like $15 in credit. 150% return isnt bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back