Best Buy Turtle Beach X12 and P11 Headsets $34.99, possibly $19.99 (YMMV)

Dund3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This deal (and the previous thread) is supposedly dead but THE DEAL LIVES! At least for me. The headsets should ring up for $34.99 but can possibly ring up for $19.99 if you can get BB to apply the $25 off to the $44.99 sale price. Here's my success story:

I got an email from BB this afternoon that clearly showed an image of "$25 off Turtle Beach Headsets". I printed that email (not the actual offer coupon with a barcode because I knew all about the fine print stuff) and went to the store.

I grabbed the X12's for Xbox 360 and noticed that there was a displayed offer for the free Rocketfish headset stand with the purchase of the headset. I grabbed that too and went to pay.

The guy at customer service couldn't get the free stand to ring up correctly so the manager had to override it (and then the manager told him to take down the "free headset stand" display). He also had to manually deduct the $25 savings from the headset. It took a a good 10 minutes, but in the long run it all rang up for just over $21.

Take home lesson: Highly YMMV, but I suggest printing off the email and show that to them, not the coupon you have to claim online. The deal will probably still require a manual override but they seem more inclined to do it if you can show them something that doesn't have all of the fine print on it. If it doesn't work, the headsets should be $34.99 + tax.

X12
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Turtle+...&st=X12&cp=1&lp=1&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

P11
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Turtle+...on+3/2137159.p?id=1218310760165&skuId=2137159
1607jsw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dark Rider']Incredibly YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Definitely on the stand. It's worth a shot on the headset if you didn't get in on the deal yesterday. BB didn't really put up any fuss, the guy at customer service just seemed confused more than anything.

It's on sale for $45 and you can show them an offer that says it's $25 off. Some will have luck with it and some won't. Just want to make the information available to everyone.

Speaking just for myself, if I worked for BB I wouldn't have overriden it based on the email.

Emails/images can easily be faked. Now if the system showed $25 off, but not adjusting the price accurately, then I can see them honoring it because at that point the system seems to be messing up. But taking a customers word and a possibly fake/doctored email as proof of a deal seems highly YMMV.

Now here is my story.

No signs in the store AT ALL about a free headset stand, but the package does ring up IF the clerk doesn't scan the rewardzone card beforehand.

The headset is ringing 44.99 UNTIL the card is scanned, then only 10 is taken automatically from the price, BUT the headset stand will no longer be free.

Now then, after the pretty clerk (She was on point I could barely concentrate on the deal for her eyes) gave up on being confused she called for MOD but some skinny nerd who scarfs when he laughs arrives and tries his luck. Then BINGO, logic overcame his smart behind and he explained that the stand and $25 off are two separate deals that cannot be combined and the $25 off is the sale price from 59.99 so I am justified to take only 10 off. But hen the real MOD came and said they can give me the headset and THEY WILL (as stern as he could be) be because he believes that being rewarded is a prat of being in the rewardzone so we are not to be forced to choose what deals we like from a pool.

So I really didn't get the deal I was gunning for, but I did get a deal on the headset and stand and a full stomach from some good ole eye candy.

And I'm still taking that ish back tomorrow because $35 isn't a deal to me

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Speaking just for myself, if I worked for BB I wouldn't have overriden it based on the email.

Emails/images can easily be faked. Now if the system showed $25 off, but not adjusting the price accurately, then I can see them honoring it because at that point the system seems to be messing up. But taking a customers word and a possibly fake/doctored email as proof of a deal seems highly YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Well In my case, the system did show up as $25 off P11 or X12 but it only took off $10, and I asked the cashier to correct it since it say $25 off but only took off $10 and he said that there is an * next to the current price of the headset which mean that it already discounted, and that it will only take off $10 and there is nothing he can do. So I left the store without a headset :cry:.

I went to my best buy last night and got one of each headset.
I showed the lady my phone which I brought up the rewardzone info about $25 off.
She hit a button on the keyboard and it did a "search for promo" or whatever and took $25 off of one of the two bringing it to $19.99

She then said she would just ring two transactions to get both of them the discount.
No override - nothing fancy - just scan the item and enter my rewardzone card and it took the discount to $19.99.

[quote name='grrouchie']I went to my best buy last night and got one of each headset.
I showed the lady my phone which I brought up the rewardzone info about $25 off.
She hit a button on the keyboard and it did a "search for promo" or whatever and took $25 off of one of the two bringing it to $19.99

She then said she would just ring two transactions to get both of them the discount.
No override - nothing fancy - just scan the item and enter my rewardzone card and it took the discount to $19.99.[/QUOTE]

key word LAST NIGHT

Tried to do this as well after work and no luck.

I tried to explain that there is NO writing in the ad or on the coupon that states that both offers of the 25 off and free stand couldnt be applied.

She still did not understand. I told her that her company sent a special promotion to subscribers and she looked confused.

Regardless I left with nothing

[quote name='CaoPi']key word LAST NIGHT[/QUOTE]

That's two words :)

Sorry couldn't help myself. But my experience was similar to one of the posts above. There was no display for the stand and the headsets on the floor had t even been tagged with the sale price (which gave me a bad taste from the start) The CS rep seemed confused and literally said "Well it's on sale for $45 and after your $25 coupon it brings your total to $35...wait...what?" At this time she called a manager over to me who IMMEDIATELY shot me down (usually I'm good at talking, or arguing if needed, my way into a deal but I could tell right away I stood no chance). So I left the headsets on the counter and left.

Basically from what I gather by reading everyone's posts has been that you might get lucky with a cool CS rep but it seems like management is in the loop to not honor this deal (or maybe even mistake at this point).

Very YMMV.

just tried it at my local best buy..no joy

price would show up only at 34.99

tried it several times oh well...needed it mostly for the pc

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like I just caught a break with my deal on both the headset and the free stand and it is highly YMMV. Best of luck to everyone else out there.

Went there before work and got cock blocked... I haven't checked (my reward zone) email in a week or so... so if the coupon was in the email (without the small writing). I'll get a photo and upload it to this thread if so

YMMV definitely, i went to pickup blank dvds for 15 and figured i would try my luck with the sale, even put the app on the phone and showed them it was $25 off, not $10 off, talked to a manager and he gave me a run around about being 25 off standard price not sales prices, i told them that was false advertising and was only 10 off, this is why i dislike bestbuy they cherry pick whatever they want and refuse to advertise properly needless to say i walked out with only the blank dvds...now if they would advertise only $10 off the headset that would be a different story

best part is when looking at their computer it says $25 off and gives the cashier the option to select a checkmark or a X it doesn't say screw the customer and give them $10 off like the system automatically does, now if they could only hire competent employees to handle these transactions they would have a thriving business instead of one looming for disaster

[quote name='elitedemo']YMMV definitely, i went to pickup blank dvds for 15 and figured i would try my luck with the sale, even put the app on the phone and showed them it was $25 off, not $10 off, talked to a manager and he gave me a run around about being 25 off standard price not sales prices, i told them that was false advertising and was only 10 off, this is why i dislike bestbuy they cherry pick whatever they want and refuse to advertise properly needless to say i walked out with only the blank dvds...now if they would advertise only $10 off the headset that would be a different story

best part is when looking at their computer it says $25 off and gives the cashier the option to select a checkmark or a X it doesn't say screw the customer and give them $10 off like the system automatically does, now if they could only hire competent employees to handle these transactions they would have a thriving business instead of one looming for disaster[/QUOTE]

As someone that works in retail, the LAST thing you want to do is bitch about not getting what you want. Employees and managers are much, much more likely to bend the rules for you if you're friendly, polite, calm, and cooperative. You had a slim chance to begin with, but the second you showed attitude you shot yourself in the foot. It's not false advertising, it was a mistake on a stacked deal that has since been fixed. If you follow the link on BB's reward site it clearly states in bold that the coupon is off the regular price, as well as a limit to one per customer (however this, IMO, should also be in the email).

And you're right, there's no "fuck over the customer button." The $10 change is not from a falsely advertised coupon. $10 is the difference between the sale price ($45) and the coupon price (reg $60 - $25 off coupon = $35). The register automatically gives you the lower price of $35.

Enjoy your blank DVD's.

[quote name='Flying Frog']hopefully the stupid Worst Buy goes bankrupt like Circuit City and all these turd managers are fired and starve.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a reasonable response. :/

[quote name='Flying Frog']hopefully the stupid Worst Buy goes bankrupt like Circuit City and all these turd managers are fired and starve.[/QUOTE]

And taking away another competitor. Yeah, that's smart.

I have a $10 off coupon from when one of my local BB stores closed. I might just do that and get the headset for $25. Seems like too much of a hassle to bring it down to $19.99. Moral of the story for this deal is: if you hear about it on CAG, go to the store by that night or else don't expect to get in on this deal.

Wow. I actually like my Best Buy and the employee's there are usually very nice and helpful. I really haven't bought games at any other b&m store in a while because of their pm policy and the ability to get a price adjustment within 45 days (soon to be 60) not to mention they've had better sales than anyone else lately. Id think most people would like to see BB succeed and continue to offer good deals so they can keep reaping the benefits of high TIV (compared to others) and low game prices

BB has been excellent to me this year. The @Gamer mag, big deals on Batman:AC, Rage, ME2, AC:R, their PM policy, $20 GC with Max Payne 3 purchase, these Turtle Beach headphones, ect.

Maybe I'm a homer since they are based out of MN, but I hope they stick around!

^This, and above this too. The less options the consumer has the worse it is for the consumer. Does Best Buy do some bone head things and have undertrained employees? Sure, but find me even one retailer that doesn't. But they have had the best game deals over the past two years even Amazon can't match sometimes. As a gamer you should support Best Buy as much as you can because market saturation is good for the consumer. I wish Circut City was still around, I wish we still had K-Mart in Texas and Sears discontinuing Video Game sales is horrible.

[quote name='AirMcLaren']As someone that works in retail, the LAST thing you want to do is bitch about not getting what you want. Employees and managers are much, much more likely to bend the rules for you if you're friendly, polite, calm, and cooperative. You had a slim chance to begin with, but the second you showed attitude you shot yourself in the foot. It's not false advertising, it was a mistake on a stacked deal that has since been fixed. If you follow the link on BB's reward site it clearly states in bold that the coupon is off the regular price, as well as a limit to one per customer (however this, IMO, should also be in the email).

And you're right, there's no "fuck over the customer button." The $10 change is not from a falsely advertised coupon. $10 is the difference between the sale price ($45) and the coupon price (reg $60 - $25 off coupon = $35). The register automatically gives you the lower price of $35.

Enjoy your blank DVD's.[/QUOTE]

Mistake or no mistake its false advertising, just because you work in retail does not make you an expert on my interaction with their employees and to assume I went off the deep end cursing at them the instant I was refused the deal is foolish. I have done plenty of consumer transactions with them to come to the realization that their schoolage employees and managers are undertrained to a severe degree making their decisions float around like the wind. I made civil conversation with them all the way to the end of saying take this off of my purchase then if your not going to honor the deal. Funny enough my wife got an email after we got home regarding the $25 off the headsets as well...so in rebuttal their FALSE ADVERTISING has not been fixed. After buying those dvds and going to walmart made me consider taking back the $2.50 more expensive set to best buy out of distaste for their sloppy business practices.

[quote name='elitedemo']Mistake or no mistake its false advertising, just because you work in retail does not make you an expert on my interaction with their employees and to assume I went off the deep end cursing at them the instant I was refused the deal is foolish. I have done plenty of consumer transactions with them to come to the realization that their schoolage employees and managers are undertrained to a severe degree making their decisions float around like the wind. I made civil conversation with them all the way to the end of saying take this off of my purchase then if your not going to honor the deal. Funny enough my wife got an email after we got home regarding the $25 off the headsets as well...so in rebuttal their FALSE ADVERTISING has not been fixed. After buying those dvds and going to walmart made me consider taking back the $2.50 more expensive set to best buy out of distaste for their sloppy business practices.[/QUOTE]

You should just go ahead, drink the brawndo and call it Bait and Switch...

And then everyone loses another option.
Another Buying Option.
Another place that will advertise deals.
Another place that will price match others deals.
Another place to give trade in promotions.
Another 80 employees looking for work (per store).

I got the $25 email too. BB did nothing wrong here. people are just upset they didn't get the deal that they thought they were going to get. When I log into my reward one it says:

$25 off Select Turtle Beach Gaming Headsets
Get the Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Gaming Headset for Xbox 360 or Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset for PS3 for just $34.99 (reg. price $59.99). In store only.

Nowhere does it say you get this for $19.99

To people that say they should go out of business over their shoddy practices...give me a break. Yea that would be real good for all of us since most of the deals on games are from them, they have the best trade in values, which results in other people being able to get good games when they have their B2G1 sales. If they went out of business the deals on games without them would be few and far between.

[quote name='ObiBen']Thanks for the tip OP. I just printed out the coupon, but I will print the email instead![/QUOTE]

you do realize this is equivalent to ripping off the expiration date off a coupon and hoping whoever you get will take the coupon... YMMV in any guise is still YMMV.

i went to grab one yesterday. i didn't realize the deal was already dead, and insisted that it should be 19.99 but they had obviously "fixed" it in their system. decided not to buy. however after some thinking i decided that 34.99 wasn't too bad and i needed a headset. so i went back, decided to try to get the stand.

the same cashier ended up ringing me up and at first i was all "oh crap she remembers me" which she did, but she was like, "oh this should be free"

after a manual price adjustment i ended up getting the headset and stand for $34.99, not too bad.

i would have rather had just the headset for 19.99 but oh well

[quote name='elitedemo']Mistake or no mistake its false advertising, just because you work in retail does not make you an expert on my interaction with their employees and to assume I went off the deep end cursing at them the instant I was refused the deal is foolish. I have done plenty of consumer transactions with them to come to the realization that their schoolage employees and managers are undertrained to a severe degree making their decisions float around like the wind. I made civil conversation with them all the way to the end of saying take this off of my purchase then if your not going to honor the deal. Funny enough my wife got an email after we got home regarding the $25 off the headsets as well...so in rebuttal their FALSE ADVERTISING has not been fixed. After buying those dvds and going to walmart made me consider taking back the $2.50 more expensive set to best buy out of distaste for their sloppy business practices.[/QUOTE]

And, again, you were given $25 off...the retail price, not the sale price.

I don't claim to be an expert in the retail business, it was advice to you on how to handle a situation like this in the future. If you didn't go off the deep then I apologize, but the way you came off in your original post sure made it seem like you did.

My mistake referred to the computer register allowing the two discounts to stack, or managers who, at first, bypassed the system thinking the deals should stack (not sure how it worked for those who managed to get this deal to work) not in the way they advertised the offers.

This thread should be killed, again. Like others have said, those who scored the headset for $19.99 were lucky to get it, but we are in no way "owed" this deal. Best Buy has been a great option for consumers lately for games with the @gamer mag. To wish them out of business would be foolish and just give one more reason for console makers to lean more toward systems with no disc drive. One less competitor means less competition with the prices of games which would ultimately fuck us all.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Op pissed me off they are not 20 bucks![/QUOTE]

Hence YMMV nature of this thread, fucking dumbass...This spellcheck generation worries me.

tried at my local store they said 35 and no headset stand that would be "double dip" tried talking to manager and got denied. without a headset for now trying my other store later crosses fingers.

Ehh...I went ahead and bought it for $35. Not the best price, (technically still the best of any retailer) but I need a good pair to play at night. Got AC: Revelations so it kind of even out. Terribly written original post.

Kudos to the guy for trying to get me the free stand..but no cigar. Definitely waiting longer for results to see.

^ I had the same luck...I knew I would be getting it for $35 but I figured id still get the stand too. O well. I got the headset I wanted at almost half its price so I can't really complain. Its just that the stand kinda made the deal that much better even though its not something I would need or want usually.

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']^ I had the same luck...I knew I would be getting it for $35 but I figured id still get the stand too. O well. I got the headset I wanted at almost half its price so I can't really complain. Its just that the stand kinda made the deal that much better even though its not something I would need or want usually.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and the rep was excited because another guy was trying to buy it too and said 'hey, I think you can get the stand too!' but the system rejected him.

I really didn't care about the stand but thought it would be a nice touch and further give value. You win some, you lose some.

bread's done
Back