Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kayne2000']well i would but im broken also my backlog has spawned its own backlog. i think its time i get through those games lol.[/QUOTE]
same here, my backlog is just staring back at me. Especially since I have work, it leaves very little time for gaming. my backlog will probably take me till 2014 to get through them all with my schedule, Lmafo. first world problems

[quote name='mpaullin']Just got my points for Black Ops and printed out my certificate. Strangely, my balance says I still have over 1000 pending (which could only be from Black Ops). Has this ever happened to anyone else? Might I score an extra $20? I'm sure its safe to assume that this is an error that will fix itself, but having another reward certificate would be might nice.[/QUOTE]

How is are so many people getting their points to post so quickly? I'm still waiting for my points from Halo 4 and Black Ops.

How are you guys getting points for BLOPS already? I didn't even get Halo 4 yet (one week earlier than CoD). According to my estimated point dates, I have a 35 day waiting period between purchase and points ;_;

[quote name='bige562']How is are so many people getting their points to post so quickly? I'm still waiting for my points from Halo 4 and Black Ops.[/QUOTE]

I'm Reward Zone Silver, which apparently has a much quicker turn around. Points from my last several purchases have cleared after exactly 15 days.

And as an update to my last post, the points balance fixed itself within a day. Rats!

[quote name='Bipolar Bear212']I traded in halo 4 to get black ops 2 and lost the 1000 points. Is this suppose to happen?[/QUOTE]

No, unless somehow they're tracking your preorder in the trade in system. I can't see that it's that sophisticated.

[quote name='TooPoor']Anybody know how long the co-op campaign is in FC3?[/QUOTE]

The video says 6 episodes so I would guess 3-4 hours? Maybe 5.

[quote name='bob330i']No, unless somehow they're tracking your preorder in the trade in system. I can't see that it's that sophisticated.[/QUOTE]

Trading a game in shouldn't lose you points AFAIK, only returns/exchanges.

So I don't know where else to ask this and I couldn't find a clear answer on the net: do rental purchases through CinemaNow earn you BBRZ points?

[quote name='Bipolar Bear212']I traded in halo 4 to get black ops 2 and lost the 1000 points. Is this suppose to happen?[/QUOTE]

probably lost the points based on that poor decision :D

but seriously like others said trade in should not affect the points, should contact CS

And the RZ glitches cut both ways. For whatever reason when I do Price matches on games I paid with trade credit they end up re-posting to my account and I pick up anywhere between an extra 60-90 points. Well I returned BF3 from black Friday and sure enough I have a transaction for -60 points now even though I paid with a GC and never got the points to begin with. I am way ahead on these but it is such a weird glitch in their system.

[quote name='cancerman1120']The video says 6 episodes so I would guess 3-4 hours? Maybe 5.[/QUOTE]
Oh I saw the video just now too, looks like not a lot of content on the co op side, bummer.
Thanks cancer.

[quote name='havuk']i'm still waiting on my points from AC3 to post, i have 4000+ pending, has anyone recieved the points for AC3 yet?[/QUOTE]

I haven't got mine either for AC3 I've had 2000 plus points pending for a month

[quote name='YBX87']same here, my backlog is just staring back at me. Especially since I have work, it leaves very little time for gaming. my backlog will probably take me till 2014 to get through them all with my schedule, Lmafo. first world problems[/QUOTE]

im not even sure 2014 is enough time lol. then there is my movie and TV backlog...then there is my book backlog...

maybe im some sick person that enjoys backlogs?

[quote name='htz']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb5pXSN_BSI&hd=1
It doesn't seem like most CAGs are interested in Far Cry 3 based on the poll. I wasn't either until I saw this really well made trailer, so give 10 minutes to check it out before passing on this title. :)[/QUOTE]

Wow, this video just convince me as well. Will be preordering it tomorrow since I have the BLOPS 2 RZ cert ready to print.

[quote name='razrvamp']I haven't got mine either for AC3 I've had 2000 plus points pending for a month[/QUOTE]

I received my A3 points several days ago. Used them and an extra $5 cert I had earned towards Far Cry 3.

[quote name='kayne2000']im not even sure 2014 is enough time lol. then there is my movie and TV backlog...then there is my book backlog...

maybe im some sick person that enjoys backlogs?[/QUOTE]

You're not alone. I feel sometimes that the pursuit of games and gaming deals is more fun than playing them...lol. Maybe they should rename the site to Cheap Ass Backlogger. :D

I just got a gamer boner from watching that video...and I was already going to buy the game anyways!

I hope the "Skyrim with guns" statement holds true!

I just received my BLOP 2 certs last week. This week if I PM frys at $49 does it affect anything since I already got the $20 for per-order?

[quote name='CaptainZombie']I just received my BLOP 2 certs last week. This week if I PM frys at $49 does it affect anything since I already got the $20 for per-order?[/QUOTE]

Tell them you want to PM but make sure they don't return and rebuy it should say price adjustment or exchange on your receipt for you to not lose out on the $20 cert.

[quote name='Rockinjs']Tell them you want to PM but make sure they don't return and rebuy it should say price adjustment or exchange on your receipt for you to not lose out on the $20 cert.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']Anyone know of any FC3 PM opportunities yet?[/QUOTE]

No but the game is not even out in the US yet. Being Ubisoft I think there will be a chance in 30 days.

I am currently scheming to save some money on Far Cry next week and wanted some input from my fellow CAGs.

I want to PM Toys R Us' buy 1 get 1 50% for next week (I know that in of itself is YMMV, but I have had success at my local Best Buy before). Yesterday I bought Playstation All Stars at full price, so my plan was to do a return rebuy of that long with Far Cry to get the deal.

The catch is that I used a $25 reward certificate when buying All Stars (and a $10 Gift Card), so the price on the receipt is $35. Is it possible for me to return this and get the full $60 back (in credit) to apply to my $90 purchase of All stars and Far cry?

[quote name='mpaullin']I am currently scheming to save some money on Far Cry next week and wanted some input from my fellow CAGs.

I want to PM Toys R Us' buy 1 get 1 50% for next week (I know that in of itself is YMMV, but I have had success at my local Best Buy before). Yesterday I bought Playstation All Stars at full price, so my plan was to do a return rebuy of that long with Far Cry to get the deal.

The catch is that I used a $25 reward certificate when buying All Stars (and a $10 Gift Card), so the price on the receipt is $35. Is it possible for me to return this and get the full $60 back (in credit) to apply to my $90 purchase of All stars and Far cry?[/QUOTE]
None whatsoever

[quote name='Jaysonguy']None whatsoever[/QUOTE]

Shucks! thanks for the quick reply.. Another silly question: I also bought Hitman last week at full price, but it came with a $20 Gift Card. Would doing a return rebuy on that work? Or will they subtract $20 from the return amount?

So I got the thanksgiving cert of $5 ($5-$5000) and I went to BBY to use it to preorder GTA V, then they told me that I can't use certs for pre-order
I tried adding $5 cash to the pre-order totalling to $10 to see if that would work but it didn't

They said something about a change in the system where you no longer can use certs for pre-order or something

is this true?

anyway I ended up leaving the damn place furious

[quote name='Cheaper']So I got the thanksgiving cert of $5 ($5-$5000) and I went to BBY to use it to preorder GTA V, then they told me that I can't use certs for pre-order
I tried adding $5 cash to the pre-order totalling to $10 to see if that would work but it didn't

They said something about a change in the system where you no longer can use certs for pre-order or something

is this true?

anyway I ended up leaving the damn place furious[/QUOTE]

It's true, and I think it's because the certs act to reduce the price of the item, which I suspect makes things really difficult for the IT guys when it's used as a preorder payment and has yet to reduce anything.

After seeing that far cry 3 reveal video & learning the fact that enemies dont respawn in camps like in far cry 2 & they fixed it much better i am sold

Haven't seen my halo points yet. I had to fight like crazy with customer service for my Dishonored one.

Really wanna use my halo rewards on far cry. Hope it happens, game looks crazy good.

[quote name='Cheaper']So I got the thanksgiving cert of $5 ($5-$5000) and I went to BBY to use it to preorder GTA V, then they told me that I can't use certs for pre-order

is this true?

anyway I ended up leaving the damn place furious[/QUOTE]

[quote name='stoned99']It's true, and I think it's because the certs act to reduce the price of the item, which I suspect makes things really difficult for the IT guys when it's used as a preorder payment and has yet to reduce anything.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, guys. I preordered all of my games this year with $5 certs, but I guess I'll have to pony up the cash this time! No biggie.

To anyone wondering if they can do b2g1 free 39.99 and under and still get 20 dollar certs, yes, it's sort of worked for me so far (the next few lines explain why it's sort of worked, you just got to also prepay for the entire game though except for the taxes at the time of pre-order). I still have to call reward zone and complain that I didn't get my 1000 points so I could get a 20 dollar cert but I was told by my local store to call and get it resolved since that's what the employees have to do themselves sometimes when they buy games.

PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Wish I'd seen that earlier. I called Reward Zone twice to ask why my points hadn't even shown up yet for my PC version of Black Ops II.

However, they did give me a $10 reward certificate after each call, so I guess I did get $20 in the end.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Can you still use the certificates to preorder games online?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I used a $20 RZ cert for my Far Cry 3 pre-order. Best Buy has already shipped my copy out yesterday.

[quote name='htz']Yes, I used a $20 RZ cert for my Far Cry 3 pre-order. Best Buy has already shipped my copy out yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks htz, gonna order my copy of far cry 3 for in-store pickup, hopefully no issues.

[quote name='Tax']PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Wish I'd seen that earlier. I called Reward Zone twice to ask why my points hadn't even shown up yet for my PC version of Black Ops II.

However, they did give me a $10 reward certificate after each call, so I guess I did get $20 in the end.[/QUOTE]I already have a post created on the ideas page that with enuf support should get PC versions of games included into most if not all BB gaming promos going forward. Not sure why they don't already though will post a link when I get to my pc

Still no word on a cheaper FC3 release price that can be PM'ed?

I mean, I along with many, agree that being a Ubisoft game, well probably see one within 60 days, but at least $49.99..hell, $54.99... would be nice to see. If that we're the case, I'd only be paying $24ish after my preorder and certs!

[quote name='jcp42877']Still no word on a cheaper FC3 release price that can be PM'ed?

I mean, I along with many, agree that being a Ubisoft game, well probably see one within 60 days, but at least $49.99..hell, $54.99... would be nice to see. If that we're the case, I'd only be paying $24ish after my preorder and certs![/QUOTE]

Why so worried? Seems likely that there will be a sale within a couple weeks. You don't need to keep posting about it.

[quote name='razrvamp']I haven't got mine either for AC3 I've had 2000 plus points pending for a month[/QUOTE]

Got my AC3 points yesterday. Wow that took a while since I picked up the game the day it came out

[quote name='ChaosGamer']I was wondering would bestbuy.com price match frys.com price on far cry 3 since they have it for $49.99??[/QUOTE]

They did for Halo 4

[quote name='ChaosGamer']I was wondering would bestbuy.com price match frys.com price on far cry 3 since they have it for $49.99??[/QUOTE]

Typically only if you are within a Frys B&M location. My store has denied them in the past. Nearest store is 4 hours away.

[quote name='ChaosGamer']I was wondering would bestbuy.com price match frys.com price on far cry 3 since they have it for $49.99??[/QUOTE]If that's still active when you get the game, there's no harm in trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back