Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iduncurr']I'm more excited about Far Cry 3 then I was about Black Ops 2

I'm bummed I dont have tuesday off though to play it.[/QUOTE]

After playing BLOPS 2, me too. Luckily I have tomorrow off though ;)

[quote name='ChaosGamer']I was wondering would bestbuy.com price match frys.com price on far cry 3 since they have it for $49.99??[/QUOTE]
I predict there will be plenty of opportunities to PM Far Cry 3. Especially if your Silver Premier.

...now BLOPS2 is another story...if you missed out on PM'ing the TRU $10 off deal (like I did), you may not get another chance.

I PM's both Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 on Saturday without any issues. The girl in customer service just asked me if I had an ad and I told her that Fry's only did online ads and that they didn't do print ads. I'm not entirely sure if that's true but I really didn't want to deal with it so I just told her that. She went over to a computer and came back about 5 minutes later and then did the PM without saying anything. I got a $20 gift card back so I was pretty happy. Still waiting on my points for both though.

[quote name='Multibeaster79']I reread the OP/FAQ and didn't find my answer...

Can I pick up my preorder at a different best buy than I places the pre order? tia[/QUOTE]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo you crazy!!! Look at this guy!!

But in all seriousness, no. Because each store has its own preorder amount. The same policy applies to Gamestop too

Still no black ops points pending, I held off long enough; guess its time to give them a call. Who exactly do I contact about this? (Silver member btw)

[quote name='Brother Daz']Still no black ops points pending, I held off long enough; guess its time to give them a call. Who exactly do I contact about this? (Silver member btw)[/QUOTE]I'm a Silver member, but I think you should call the normal 1-888-BESTBUY line, say "More Options" (or dial 4, depending on the menu format you get) and ask to speak with someone about Gamers Club Unlocked. Then explain the situation to whomever you get after that. If that doesn't resolve the situation, I suggest joining the BBY forums (if you haven't already) and posting a patient, detailed, non-angry thread about this issue; a mod should take care of you within 2-3 business days.

[quote name='starmask2k3']how long do u have to pick up the game to get the $20 RZ Cert[/QUOTE]I believe it's 5 days after the game's release date, though I'm not positive.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm a Silver member, but I think you should call the normal 1-888-BESTBUY line, say "More Options" (or dial 4, depending on the menu format you get) and ask to speak with someone about Gamers Club Unlocked. Then explain the situation to whomever you get after that. If that doesn't resolve the situation, I suggest joining the BBY forums (if you haven't already) and posting a patient, detailed, non-angry thread about this issue; a mod should take care of you within 2-3 business days.

I believe it's 5 days after the game's release date, though I'm not positive.[/QUOTE]
Thank you

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm a Silver member, but I think you should call the normal 1-888-BESTBUY line, say "More Options" (or dial 4, depending on the menu format you get) and ask to speak with someone about Gamers Club Unlocked. Then explain the situation to whomever you get after that. If that doesn't resolve the situation, I suggest joining the BBY forums (if you haven't already) and posting a patient, detailed, non-angry thread about this issue; a mod should take care of you within 2-3 business days.

I believe it's 5 days after the game's release date, though I'm not positive.[/QUOTE]

So the reason I had asked about picking it up at a different location was because I bailed on my BLOPs2 preorder from one store because I really wanted a hardened ed. I ended up getting a hardened edition at a different best buy about 9 days after release. The RZ points show up (still pending) in my account.

So it appears, based on what happened with my BLOPs2 experience, that the pick up time frame is greater than 4 days and you may use a different store. I was just hoping for some "official" policy regarding the program. I do not think it is like gamestop where you do need to pick up your preorder at the same location.

Can I pick up my preorder at a different best buy than I places the pre order? tia[/QUOTE]

I asked this at my Best Buy recently. They said if it's for a regular edition, then yes. But not for limited/special editions

Yes you are able to do this and still get the bonus 1000 RZ points.

BUT only the store you preorder at will have a reserved copy for you.

I'll give two instances from a previous title:

1) you preorder the regular edition of Black Ops 2 at store A. Store B has a hardened edition so you go there and pick it up while exchanging your preorder slip for the regular edition from store A

2) You preorder the hardened edition at store A. Store B has a midnight release while store A doesn't. ONLY store A will have a hardened edition reserved specifically for you. You may be able to find extra HE at store B and purchase it there and still qualify for the 1000 RZ points.

Basically to qualify for the 1000 RZ points you need to preorder any edition of the game and then buy any edition of the game within 7 days of release at any store. You also need to exchange your preorder at the time of purchase.

Doing the above qualifies you.

Is there a way for me to preorder Far Cry 3 online and still get the pricematch for FRY's price?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Yes you are able to do this and still get the bonus 1000 RZ points.

BUT only the store you preorder at will have a reserved copy for you.

I'll give two instances from a previous title:

1) you preorder the regular edition of Black Ops 2 at store A. Store B has a hardened edition so you go there and pick it up while exchanging your preorder slip for the regular edition from store A

2) You preorder the hardened edition at store A. Store B has a midnight release while store A doesn't. ONLY store A will have a hardened edition reserved specifically for you. You may be able to find extra HE at store B and purchase it there and still qualify for the 1000 RZ points.

Basically to qualify for the 1000 RZ points you need to preorder any edition of the game and then buy any edition of the game within 7 days of release at any store. You also need to exchange your preorder at the time of purchase.

Doing the above qualifies you.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. This is what I thought. I just didn't know if my BLOPs2 experience was an anomaly. Probably grab Far Cry3 Monday after release.

Got my Halo 4 1000 points today, and I see my BLOPS 2 1000 points pending, should be next week!

Any reason why a lot of next year games on Xbox are out of stock???

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Got my Halo 4 1000 points today, and I see my BLOPS 2 1000 points pending, should be next week!

Any reason why a lot of next year games on Xbox are out of stock???[/QUOTE]

There was a price error a few weekends back that listed them as $5.00. It sold out online but all orders were cancelled. Looks like they haven't made it active again yet.

didn't get my 1000 from Halo yet but had one from AC3 that I'll use to pick up FarCry, also got a buddy of mine to pre-order a copy with his Reward Zone card off the website at like 2AM since they still let you order the 360 version, game looks like it will be amazing.

[quote name='jcp42877']Fry's went back up to $59.99 on FC3 :whistle2:x .....[/QUOTE]

I'm sure we'll have more opportunities to PM this game since it's made by Ubisoft. Getting it at $50 with a $20 RZ cert day one would've been nice though.

Picked up Far Cry 3 this morning. Hopefully they email me the dlc code automatically, otherwise I'll have to go back tomorrow.

Figured since I was getting this, may as well PM TRU b1g1 50%. Picked up Persona Vita for $20.

[quote name='htz']Also Ubisoft just announced PS3 will be getting exclusive DLC for Far Cry 3 in January. I'm assuming its free since almost all exclusive DLC on PS3 is free.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/04/far-cry-3s-high-tides-dlc-sails-to-ps3-in-january/[/QUOTE]

Glad I didn't pre-order a :360: version then like I was kind of tempted to.

After seeing all the retail exclusive pre-order single player DLC that was out for this game, I'm going to wait for this title to drop to at least $30 first.

[quote name='lilman']Picked up Far Cry 3 this morning. Hopefully they email me the dlc code automatically, otherwise I'll have to go back tomorrow.

Figured since I was getting this, may as well PM TRU b1g1 50%. Picked up Persona Vita for $20.[/QUOTE]

If they rang up the pre-order correctly, the dlc code should be on your receipt. Hopefully the TRU PM didn't mess things up.

[quote name='dino88']If they rang up the pre-order correctly, the dlc code should be on your receipt. Hopefully the TRU PM didn't mess things up.[/QUOTE]
It's not there. I think they are supposed to ring up the sku for the dlc, but the clerk probably didn't know about it. I was too focused on the PM to remember the dlc. I'll go back if I don't get an email by tomorrow.

[quote name='sasuke543']Did in-store pick up for the first time...I didn't get any preorder DLC code. I hope that comes in an email soon.[/QUOTE]

If your .com has the DLC as a separate line item in the order details, then you'll most likely get it emailed to you in the next 24 hours. Its supposed to be there.

Tried to match Toys R Us and was told by the manager that Best Buy doesn't match Toys R' Us because they are going out of business. I politely asked him for his first and last name after I told him I would just contact my silver member customer service to get it taken care of. I told him I needed his name so the CS representative would know who was not abiding by Best Buy's official PM policy. He was enough of a dick about it to write it down so I wouldn't forget.

Just got off the phone with CS. They charged me for the additional copy of Farcry 3 for 30.00, free shipping (to a friend's address) and are sending a 10 dollar GC for the trouble. I guess it is good to be a silver member sometimes. Maybe the see how much you spend and figure, this person is a good customer, maybe we should take good care of him.

[quote name='Donut2922']If your .com has the DLC as a separate line item in the order details, then you'll most likely get it emailed to you in the next 24 hours. Its supposed to be there.[/QUOTE]

Don't see any sign of DLC item anywhere in my order :cry:

Damn, no DLC for me either. Completely forgot about asking at the store, assumed they had their poop together. So I guess I'll wait 24 hours and then complain.

I picked up my game and had the code print on my receipt and it was also emailed to me. Not sure if I should keep it or sell it since it includes some bonus missions.

[quote name='Deader2818']While his respond was kinda dickish, I don't think Best Buy has to actually PM it since its considered a bundle deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got denied and that's reason they gave me. I'm going to call CS and complain though, this decision has caused me and my family a lot of trouble and I don't appreciate that. Hoping for some free certs. :lol:

[quote name='Gamer4life88']
Yeah, I got denied and that's reason they gave me. I'm going to call CS and complain though, this decision has caused me and my family a lot of trouble and I don't appreciate that. Hoping for some free certs. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I am hoping this is sarcasm...:whistle2:s

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I picked up my game and had the code print on my receipt and it was also emailed to me. Not sure if I should keep it or sell it since it includes some bonus missions.

Yeah, I got denied and that's reason they gave me. I'm going to call CS and complain though, this decision has caused me and my family a lot of trouble and I don't appreciate that. Hoping for some free certs. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I had to pick up my copy at CS, and I don't think the girl added the DLC, as I see no code on my receipt. The gaming reps always put it on there, but this girl works strictly in CS, so looks like I'm gonna have to ask for one on the BBY forums.

Where exactly should I take this matter up at on those forums? I've never had to deal with mods on their forums for anything before.

[quote name='sasuke543']Don't see any sign of DLC item anywhere in my order :cry:[/QUOTE]

I didnt preorder this but whenever I preordered games the DLC would automatically add to cart (thus 2 items should be in the cart). When did you order?

[quote name='jcp42877']I had to pick up my copy at CS, and I don't think the girl added the DLC, as I see no code on my receipt. The gaming reps always put it on there, but this girl works strictly in CS, so looks like I'm gonna have to ask for one on the BBY forums.

Where exactly should I take this matter up at on those forums? I've never had to deal with mods on their forums for anything before.[/QUOTE]

Give it some time first. BB runs a check for preorders without the dlc and emails it out. Usually takes 1-2 days

[quote name='htz']My 1000 points for Far Cry 3 is already pending. :D

Also Ubisoft just announced PS3 will be getting exclusive DLC for Far Cry 3 in January. I'm assuming its free since almost all exclusive DLC on PS3 is free.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/04/far-cry-3s-high-tides-dlc-sails-to-ps3-in-january/[/QUOTE]

You might also want to mention that per Digital Foundry the PS3 version is the worst performing of the bunch... the PS3 is a tiny bit sharper in places but suffers in pretty much other category including framerate and foilage pop in etc... it also has black borders all around the entire image where the 360 has black borders only vertically on the sides. Also shadows have a severe screen door effect to them whereas the 360 shadows look normal.

Neither version runs perfect... both have serious performance issues, but the 360 is definitely a little better.

I'd rather take the 360 version and hope for a delayed co-op DLC release later on down the road but maybe that's just me.

[quote name='Donut2922']I didnt preorder this but whenever I preordered games the DLC would automatically add to cart (thus 2 items should be in the cart). When did you order?[/QUOTE]

I ordered this early yesterday, did see the $20 promotion plus DLC. Never saw it in my cart though. Best to go to the BBY forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back