Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']Almost no games drop as fast as the ass creed games and that includes the borderlands games lol[/QUOTE]

LOL, maybe assassins creed is a bad comparison, but just in games in general, and comparing it to borderlands #1

How about Farcry 3? Being an Ubisoft game, can we expect it to drop in price (almost) as quickly as ACIII? How fast did Farcry 2 drop?

So if we pre-ordered Assassin's Creed III weeks ago with the Steelbook case offer does this still apply, or do we need to cancel and redo?

Also I just pre-ordered Halo 4 in-store and took home a kick-ass 11x17 Litograph. It's also offered online but you can get it now instead of waiting for the game to release.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Almost no games drop as fast as the ass creed games and that includes the borderlands games lol[/QUOTE]

That's my conundrum with the possible USA freedom edition. If ubi has learned they will tone down production numbers, if not you could have a 150 CE selling for $50 in a few months.

Honestly I think they do it on purpose, they probably sell BETTER that way, in waves.

I'm definately in for Black Ops 2. I don't know about the others tho. AC and Farcry 3 will drop fast enough. Maybe borderlands 2... but they liked their goty edition, so i might just wait, but idk!
This deal is alot better than the 5/100 deal and fingers crossed it would all work out last year.

[quote name='Velo214']I'm definately in for Black Ops 2. I don't know about the others tho. AC and Farcry 3 will drop fast enough. Maybe borderlands 2... but they liked their goty edition, so i might just wait, but idk!
This deal is alot better than the 5/100 deal and fingers crossed it would all work out last year.[/QUOTE]

Remember the Borderlands 2 pre-order will come with the Mechromancer character when she releases for free. Sounded like Randy Pitchford said it would cost like $10-15 for her otherwise since adding a new character is not an easy process. The DLC for Borderlands was really good (other than Mad Moxxi) and I did not feel ripped off from it. Plus it is on sale all the time so if you are patient you can get it cheap.

In reality, I do not mind purchasing many of these day 1 because I want them to continue making great games. It also does not hurt to pre-order and then cancel if reviews are bad or you lose interest. You cannot get this offer the following week so I am just pre-ordering everything I think I want and will decide that week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='croqoa']If there was an award for "most accurate username" you would definitely be a candidate.[/QUOTE]

LOL Much Appreciated. As much of a pain as all the EA games can be, I find myself buying their titles on a consistent basis.

[quote name='iduncurr']Crap, I misplaced my AC3 pre-order receipt.
But if it's listed on my RWZ account should I still be okay?[/QUOTE]I might be wrong, but I think there's an option to print out a copy of the receipt from when you placed the preorder.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Wow people have a hard time understanding. It is one $20 reward zone cert per member per title. Here are some examples:

I buy Dishonored. I get $20.

I buy 2 copies of Halo 4. I get $20 (only one reward zone cert per title)

I buy one copy of Dishonored and one copy of Halo 4. I get $40 total.

I buy 11 copies of Assassins Creed. I get $20 and am weird.

I buy one copy of every eligible title. I get $220 in reward zone certs.[/QUOTE]

What about buying 1 copy of AC3 for 360 and 1 AC3 for ps3?

Is it $20 per console version or per title?

[quote name='nzgc']What about buying 1 copy of AC3 for 360 and 1 AC3 for ps3?

Is it $20 per console version or per title?[/QUOTE]

title.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah but if you are a silver member it is almost a no brainer unless you want to pay less than $20. A 60 day PM window on these games almost guarantees a $20 RZ cert AND a cheaper game. If you are waiting for sub $30 that just may not happen for 6-8 months on everything but AC. And we do not even know if that is going to happen since the game has so much hype behind it. I know many of you are not silver but I plan on using it to he fullest this fall. I plan on getting Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, ACIII, BLOPSII, ad HALO 4. Since it is all trade credit I plan to spend max about $30 game + tax. For some I would not be surprised to get them for $20. Yeah waiting will always see a price drop but some of these I plan on playing and trading also making them even cheaper to get.[/QUOTE]

This is why I made out like a bandit with the 5 for $100 deal last year. Well that and the fact they accidentally gave me two extra $100 certificates. I didn't pay full price for any of the games (between launch date price matches and price adjustments) and got back like $20 on each one. Well... as I said, glitches aside I got $20 back on each one. If we count the glitch I got 5 brand new games, and a new Xbox 360 Gears of War edition slim for spending like $150 in gift cards that I got from trading in games.

[quote name='Vigilante']How about Farcry 3? Being an Ubisoft game, can we expect it to drop in price (almost) as quickly as ACIII? How fast did Farcry 2 drop?[/QUOTE]

Farcry 2 was kind of a flop so may not be best comparison.

Nice news on Assassin's Creed III, I already pre-ordered that to get the steel book. Pre-ordered Halo 4 on Saturday to get the lithograph that they are giving out. It's actually really nice, I fully intend to find a frame for it.

i pre ordered ACIII and they gave me a steel book. I swapped the pre order for max payne 3 and they didn't ask me anything about giving the steelbook back. I didn't even remember until I got home anyway.

People don't forget BB will most likely extend the price match policy till mid Jan. just like they did last yr even if you're NOT SILVER. I think it goes into effect around mid late Oct. so most of the AAA titles will be covered.

[quote name='iduncurr']Crap, I misplaced my AC3 pre-order receipt.
But if it's listed on my RWZ account should I still be okay?[/QUOTE]Print the duplicate receipt off the myrz site.

[quote name='nzgc']What about buying 1 copy of AC3 for 360 and 1 AC3 for ps3?

Is it $20 per console version or per title?[/QUOTE]If your trying to get more than 1 $20 credit on the same title it's time to get a 2nd RZ account. Get one for your wife/GF/sis/bro/mom/dog whoever it'll pay off in the short & log run.

[quote name='strait edge follower']While this 20$ credit is good all of these games will get cheap fast except for mabye halo 4 and black ops 2. I'll just play some older games in my backlog untill the games I want on this list drop in price[/QUOTE]Isn't that the whole point get the games at the cheaper price but still have the pre-order credit to further reduce the other titles in the cycle. The only way this deal will be beat is those people who will use the b2g1 coupons during BF but a savvy CAG will still make out better in the long run if purchasing alot of titles since the credits will really add up.

$240 is ALOT & selling the games on CL for $50 cash is really easy during the holidays(at least it was for me since it's $10 cheaper & no tax on the spot). There's no other way to basically have BB pay you to buy games on day 1 & you make a nice profit + end up with enough credit to make a big ticket purchase cheap.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']from all u guys who did these preorders in the past what is the percentage usually 4 when another competitor has a sale on a new release game in the first month? would like to get in on this but if theirs no price match involved the its like 40$ including tax basically not really that great of a deal.[/QUOTE]99.9% but if your silver 100%. The only game last yr during the 5 for $100 that really took forever was the one which we all thought would be the 1st casualty- Rage.

[quote name='YBX87']hey htz, do borderland games tend to drop price fast like assassins creed games?[/QUOTE]COD games were the last titles that could hold there price for longer periods of time & that's ended b/c of competition from other shooters MOH/BF3 & how far into the gen we are.

[quote name='kayne2000']on this note wal mart allows i think three games to be returned a year without receipt. so you can get a 65 dollar wal mart gift card which is really as good as cash in many ways.

[/QUOTE]

Last time I did a return without receipt at Walmart I had to jump through hoops just to get the return.

[quote name='esalw822']That's return fraud. Best to keep that kinda talk to yourself. Just an fyi...[/QUOTE]

oh i wasnt aware of that. thanks. given the other abuse that occurs around here i didnt see the big deal. oh well. guess ill edit that post then. thanks

[quote name='kayne2000']oh i wasnt aware of that. thanks. given the other abuse that occurs around here i didnt see the big deal. oh well. guess ill edit that post then. thanks[/QUOTE]

No prob man. I'll edit my quote as well...

I am wondering if this will work for collectors editions. I am going to wait a little longer to see what is released, but I definitely want at least RE6 and BO2. I already have ultimate loot at best buy with the arena DLC and its sold out worldwide so.... guess I gotta stick with that.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']I am wondering if this will work for collectors editions. I am going to wait a little longer to see what is released, but I definitely want at least RE6 and BO2. I already have ultimate loot at best buy with the arena DLC and its sold out worldwide so.... guess I gotta stick with that.[/QUOTE]

Last time with the 5/$100 CEs did work, so I would expect that would be true for this as well, but I don't know if that's been specifically stated on the offer page yet.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']I am wondering if this will work for collectors editions. I am going to wait a little longer to see what is released, but I definitely want at least RE6 and BO2. I already have ultimate loot at best buy with the arena DLC and its sold out worldwide so.... guess I gotta stick with that.[/QUOTE]If not at the beginning they'll be added before games release. Once the FAQ comes out it'll detail everything. But the general rule of thumb is to consider this the same as the 5 for $100 deal.

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']Is pming available on black friday? Will look to pm ac3 if possible[/QUOTE]nope, probably never gonna change since the losses would be epic. But the day before/after x-mas/new year could be pretty close.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Outlet Center and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving

what about multiplatform titles? Lets say i buy a xbox 360 version of Black Ops 2 for myself and PS3 version of same game as a gift----is that $20/title or $20 period?

^ $20 period. You get 1 $20 RZ for each title on the list. If you buy two of the same game, you only get 1 $20.

Somewhat related/unrelated to the topic: I hoped that they got their shit fixed over the last few months since I picked up my 5/$100 games with preorder bonus and actually getting them. I was wrong. Picked up Lollipop Chainsaw today and I didn't get a code on the receipt. Spent 20 minutes on the phone and was told it'd be emailed to me sometime today/tomorrow. If not, I guess I'll be back on the phone tomorrow to get it then. Why can't they just do it like GameStop?

[quote name='strife01104']what about multiplatform titles? Lets say i buy a xbox 360 version of Black Ops 2 for myself and PS3 version of same game as a gift----is that $20/title or $20 period?[/QUOTE]It's in the OP you will only get 1 $20 per unique title just like the 5 for $100 deal. If it's the same game no matter what system just 1 $20 RZ.

Again, you can easily bypass this by getting a 2nd RZ account...wife, GF, sis, bro, mom, dad, grandpa, grandma...At least with this deal you won't have to get 2 sets of 5 to get the reward. My advice would be to max both deals to $240 since it'll be easy to fully profit with 1 & sell those games for $50 each on CL day 1. Then pm each one + keep the credit BB will basically be paying you to play the hottest games all fall.

I newb question, but can I preorder AC3 and open it and still do a price adjustment within the $30 if it does indeed drop?

[quote name='Buzzman']I newb question, but can I preorder AC3 and open it and still do a price adjustment within the $30 if it does indeed drop?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you dont actually bring the game to the store to do price adjustments

Really, really wish they would open up a BB closer to me. Great offer for pre-orders and would love to get in on it, but driving 40+ minutes (and the gas involved) kind of kills it for me.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Really, really wish they would open up a BB closer to me. Great offer for pre-orders and would love to get in on it, but driving 40+ minutes (and the gas involved) kind of kills it for me.[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks, what part of the country do you live in? Within 40 miles of me I have at least 10 Best Buys.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Damn that sucks, what part of the country do you live in? Within 40 miles of me I have at least 10 Best Buys.[/QUOTE]

East coast in NJ, in South Jersey. There are about three or four that I know of, but from where my house is located specifically they are all about the same amount of time away depending on traffic (about 40-45 mins one way). We have a bunch of Targets about 20-25 minutes away from me, and a couple of WalMarts about 10-15, but nary a Best Buy.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']East coast in NJ, in South Jersey. There are about three or four that I know of, but from where my house is located specifically they are all about the same amount of time away depending on traffic (about 40-45 mins one way). We have a bunch of Targets about 20-25 minutes away from me, and a couple of WalMarts about 10-15, but nary a Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Well if it makes it better, I believe you can do this offer online.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Really, really wish they would open up a BB closer to me. Great offer for pre-orders and would love to get in on it, but driving 40+ minutes (and the gas involved) kind of kills it for me.[/QUOTE]

You and me both. Closest BB's to me are over an hour's drive. They are close to my GF so I can justify the trip if I'm visiting her anyway, but its still a pain. Only local options for me are GS, Walmart, and Target.

[quote name='Enuf']step by step how to guide -I'll even update it to keep it simple
How to turn $720 in BB credit to $500 cash + $480 in more credit

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9698363#post9698363[/QUOTE]

Do this deal to the max
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=322426

1 - $720 + tax for 12 games - $720 + tax
2 - Sell each game for $50 cash day 1 on craiglist + $500 cash
3 - Price match each title(using $40 since it's the most likely across the board) + $240 back
4 - Received $240 credit for doing the deal + $240 credit
5 - Use the $480 credit on pre-paid visa cards or if you have a relative/friend that has another RZ account rinse/repeat.

Not sure if you're gonna play some or keep some games so adjust the CL # accordingly

[quote name='DCpinoy']Well if it makes it better, I believe you can do this offer online.[/QUOTE]

Thought it was in store only. If it is online that would be great!

Hey, Enuf, is there a way to ensure I get my preorder bonuses every time? Last year was so inconsistent (an email, a code on my receipt and not getting one period for the three games I kept) and I've had the problem again with Lollipop Chainsaw. Is it something the person behind the counter needs to do, or is it really this awful for everyone?

I know I can contact the Gaming-BBY account on the forums, but its such a hassle in comparison to everywhere else.

[quote name='advanced']Hey, Enuf, is there a way to ensure I get my preorder bonuses every time? Last year was so inconsistent (an email, a code on my receipt and not getting one period for the three games I kept) and I've had the problem again with Lollipop Chainsaw. Is it something the person behind the counter needs to do, or is it really this awful for everyone?

I know I can contact the Gaming-BBY account on the forums, but its such a hassle in comparison to everywhere else.[/QUOTE]from what another CAG(who is an employee) has stated the cashier needs to press I believe F12 & it prints on the receipt with the exception of the ones that are stated "will be emailed". I really wish they would there act together with the whole pre-order system from the ground up. I'd prefer everything come at the time of purchase vs anything else just b/c of the shear volume of issues that come about.

Thanks, Enuf. When I go pick up my next game, I'll see if that works for it. I finally got my stuff for Lollipop Chainsaw, which is nice, but I'd prefer a better system as well.

[quote name='Enuf']Do this deal to the max

3 - Price match each title(using $40 since it's the most likely across the board) + $240 back
5 - Use the $480 credit on pre-paid visa cards or if you have a relative/friend that has another RZ account rinse/repeat.

Not sure if you're gonna play some or keep some games so adjust the CL # accordingly[/QUOTE]

Thats a nice checklist but its also a bit of a hassle to sell 12 games on craigslist.. How are you going to sell the game? in person? mail? payment by paypal? and I doubt all games will sell on day 1.. maybe in a week or two.

It's definitely a good deal for people who have the time to do it..

[quote name='kevgret']Thats a nice checklist but its also a bit of a hassle to sell 12 games on craigslist.. How are you going to sell the game? in person? mail? payment by paypal? and I doubt all games will sell on day 1.. maybe in a week or two.

It's definitely a good deal for people who have the time to do it..[/QUOTE]

Forgot to factor in the # you could get for selling the DLC since last yr people where getting $5-$20 for some of them so even if you only get a $10 pm add the $10 DLC you still get the $500.

Don't forget alot of these are releasing during the busiest shopping season so there's gonna be people who want to buy. Just don't get too greedy if your not moving them at $50, if someone is willing to give $45 take it. I'm able to get what I post for since there's at least 2 people who will buy but not everyone will get that.

I have about 20 people that aren't savvy with getting games cheap, mostly moms who try to get stuff for their kids w/o spending as much but still getting good games. I meet them at the mall usually & since I show them the receipts the feel more comfortable knowing it's not stolen. I only take cash. When I say "day 1" I mean you need to have it posted that it's gonna be avail. for purchase from you on release week that way people who really want the game will buy from you & save $10 + tax/shipping. I've never had a problem selling an in demand game since that's what I focus on & I have also sold to people shopping in BB/GS I just tell them "hey, why pay $60 + tax when I can sell it to you in the parking lot for $50 or less no tax & show the receipt" sold.

I feel you on the time/hassle but the profit is so so huge think about it this way if you make $10/hr that's less than $400/after taxes a week. Your gonna have $500 in cash & $480 in credit both higher than a weeks pay. You also don't have to do every game just pick n choice but I know there's people with that much credit or more so this is the best way to get cash.

I've also been doing this for 3+ yrs so I got it down. The fact that BB will have a 60 pm, extended holiday return policy also helps a ton too.

[quote name='Enuf']Do this deal to the max

Not sure if you're gonna play some or keep some games so adjust the CL # accordingly[/QUOTE]
That's actually very nice strategy, except being in my location I can't deal with CL. (for long time ebay sellers) Is selling for 57.99 on the first week of release on eBay viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back