Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ITDEFX']I just pre ordered halo 4 and BO2......... was I suppose to get like armor for my avatars in a code on the Pre order? the rep said I would get it on the receipt when I buy the game tomorrow night...[/QUOTE]

Will be on your reciept as well as in your e-mail.

[quote name='advanced']Pssh. $100? I'm nearing $200. :lol: Got $150 in redeemed certs (3x $50) and I have another 1000 points chillin' until AC3 clears. That'd make $190 and I should have enough left over for another $5.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's a lot of money bro. I wish I was you.

[quote name='aircobra']Damn, that's a lot of money bro. I wish I was you.[/QUOTE]

Do you ever have anything nice to say? Lol you're always so negative

[quote name='JohnWayne']Do you ever have anything nice to say? Lol you're always so negative[/QUOTE]

Plenty of nice things to say, just not when someone says something stupid or boasts about how much stuff they have.

[quote name='aircobra']Plenty of nice things to say, just not when someone says something stupid or boasts about how much stuff they have.[/QUOTE]

But that's what the internet is for, to brag to people you've never met about things that aren't really important.

Eh, either way, I didn't take it offensively. If you meant it offensively, you should work on your smack talk game.

I was trading in some games today at best buy and learned some interesting things. One, GTA V pre orders start tomorrow and you get a free poster and view finder, but also best buy is adding more games to the reward zone unlocked list including GTA V, the last of us, dead space 3, bioshock infinite and a few more the guy could not remember. Best buy is seriously making its gamer's club unlocked worth the $15.

Hey guy I have the limited edition preorder and would like to know other than the steel case. Is there any thing that the l.e. gets that you get that other people have to wait for or buy?? So over all is the l.e. worth the price??

[quote name='AzGoat']Hey guy I have the limited edition preorder and would like to know other than the steel case. Is there any thing that the l.e. gets that you get that other people have to wait for or buy?? So over all is the l.e. worth the price??[/QUOTE]

Yeah what demons master said, you're going to have people who say its a waste of money and some who think its awesome. I personally think its a perfect because $15 more (assuming you're getting the war games map pass, otherwise it would be $40 more) you're getting a steelbook, limited numbered box case, early specializations, extended Forward unto dawn movie, and some papers. All of that stuff alone, I think, is worth more than $15 bucks.

Not sure if anyone knew this, but BB has halo 4 dog tags when pre-order.

I hear cag here getting $100+ cert. and good for them. I wish I had the money to buy/play all these games.....

I may have a problem. For some reason, and don't bother asking why, my Halo 4 LE is pre-ordered on an account that was not my reward zone account. I made it reward zone today, so I am wondering if I will still get the $20.

Frys has the LE halo console online for $325 still, but its $350 in-store so for those ppl who preordered it in-store, you may be able to price match by showing the price on your phone, that is if the price holds until launch. I doubt you'll be able to PM over the phone as they almost always call the store.

I didn't see it mentioned in the OP, nor on the BB website policy page...Is there a time-limit to price-matching at BB, and also...Is there a limit to how many times you can price match the same item elsewhere?

[quote name='thehoweller']I didn't see it mentioned in the OP, nor on the BB website policy page...Is there a time-limit to price-matching at BB, and also...Is there a limit to how many times you can price match the same item elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

30 days for non-silver members and 60 for silver members and no, you can price match as many times as you want until that 30/60 day period ends

Edit: actually, according to a new thread the price matching period has been extended for everyone, starting today until 1/23/2013.

[quote name='JohnWayne']30 days for non-silver members and 60 for silver members and no, you can price match as many times as you want until that 30/60 day period ends

Edit: actually, according to a new thread the price matching period has been extended for everyone, starting today until 1/23/2013.[/QUOTE]

Correct any purchases made today until Christmas have return/PM until January 24, 2013. You CANNOT PM from BF through Cyber Monday.

[quote name='knight19']Halo 4 Dog Tags? I remember the Black Ops II Dog Tags, but when were dog tags offered for Halo 4?[/QUOTE]

Yes. they have halo 4 dog tags at Best Buy. Just ask someone in gaming next time u there. The person in gaming yesterday told me that they had it. They had like a bag full in a drawer.

I was at bestbuy today pre ordering my halo 4 console and I did not see no Damn dog tags nor did the employee say anything about free dog tags with pre order

[quote name='Finch106']I'm not in a hurry. I just thought it was an error they didn't show as pending. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

My credit didn't show up either, called CS and had a pretty worthless conversation, I agree everyone's advice and will just wait and see.

Dog tags are only for Black Ops 2.
Halo 4 is the poster bonus.

Unless it's an extra bonus they decided to throw in for pick ups on midnight releases like how Assassin's Creed did the coins?

[quote name='iduncurr']Dog tags are only for Black Ops 2.

Unless it's an extra bonus they decided to throw in for pick ups on midnight releases like how Assassin's Creed did the coins?[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's a midnight release? Im not sure, but they gave me one.

[quote name='iduncurr']Dog tags are only for Black Ops 2.

Unless it's an extra bonus they decided to throw in for pick ups on midnight releases like how Assassin's Creed did the coins?[/QUOTE]

Yeh, the map is a preorder bonuses the tags are midnight release items.

I don't think the dog tags are as high class as the coins so they probably won't be as limited.

From what the other guy said, it looks like they'll get loads of them.

It'll make up not getting the Black Ops 2 one I guess.

Havent heard anything bout tags at all haha. Though I didn't hear anything for the Gears 3 launch either and I got a free T-shirt and a bag.

[quote name='koruwa']Havent heard anything bout tags at all haha. Though I didn't hear anything for the Gears 3 launch either and I got a free T-shirt and a bag.[/QUOTE]

(mocking you) I pre-ordered Gears of War 3 at Best Buy...And all I got was this stupid shirt.

Just kidding ;)

Best Buy's really impressing me this season...I've still about $60 in credit, and with the surplus of credit coming my way, and price matches......I doubt I'll spend anything to get the 10ish games that I have pre-ordered. Pretty sweet. Thanks CAG, as always.

Telling my wife that I pre-ordered Ellen Page made my fucking weekend.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Correct any purchases made today until Christmas have return/PM until January 24, 2013. You CANNOT PM from BF through Cyber Monday.[/QUOTE]

I'm a little confused, so if we preordered ACIII and it goes on sale on BF, we can't price match it for that price right?

[quote name='dominator']I'm a little confused, so if we preordered ACIII and it goes on sale on BF, we can't price match it for that price right?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

I looked at the op and only saw a mention that the offer ends a week after the last game is released. Is there a time limit of how long after the game releases until we pickup that makes it no longer valid? I haven't picked up my AC III and if I can put off until black friday to see if its on sale I'm ok with that.

[quote name='htz']Best Buy appears to have added 2-3 more stores in my state for halo 4 midnight launch. Might be worth a re-check if your store was not listed before.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Be...0050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001&DCMP=rdr18125

The above link also have a list of stores that have the wii u for trying out.[/QUOTE]

so maybe im blind or stupid but i clicked that link selected my state and city and then what?? if my city is there in the list its doing it? i just see my city listed but it doesnt mention a yes or no next to any city or state

[quote name='kayne2000']so maybe im blind or stupid but i clicked that link selected my state and city and then what?? if my city is there in the list its doing it? i just see my city listed but it doesnt mention a yes or no next to any city or state[/QUOTE]

If your city is listed, then your store is doing a midnight release.

I know this is not gaming related but I would really appreciate if you guys could help me. I saw in best buys ad there's a (musical) keyboard that comes with a $100 gift card if you buy it. If I were to price match it to another store, would I still be able to get the gift card after price matching?

[quote name='JohnWayne']I know this is not gaming related but I would really appreciate if you guys could help me. I saw in best buys ad there's a (musical) keyboard that comes with a $100 gift card if you buy it. If I were to price match it to another store, would I still be able to get the gift card after price matching?[/QUOTE]

I would try buying the item at BB with the gift card first, then PM'ing the other store afterwards in a separate transaction. It's gonna be YMMV regardless, because it's a package deal where you're receiving a free item/gift card (and those aren't supposed to be PM'ed), but I think that this method has a much better chance of the PM going through rather than PM'ing and asking for a gift card on top of your PM at the same time (which has little chance of success IMO)...

[quote name='esalw822']I would try buying the item at BB with the gift card first, then PM'ing the other store afterwards in a separate transaction. It's gonna be YMMV regardless, because it's a package deal where you're receiving a free item/gift card (and those aren't supposed to be PM'ed), but I think that this method has a much better chance of the PM going through rather than PM'ing and asking for a gift card on top of your PM at the same time (which has little chance of success IMO)...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't think I was going to be able to able to PM, just wanted to make sure. I'll try your method and see if it works out, I reallyyy appreciate the help as I know you didn't have to.

Again, I apologize to anyone who feels annoyed by me asking this. Everyone who is getting halo tonight at midnight, I will meet you on the battlefield. :bouncy:

Is it possible to still preorder Halo 4 by end of day and still get the $20 rewards? Sorry if it's been asked.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Is it possible to still preorder Halo 4 by end of day and still get the $20 rewards? Sorry if it's been asked.[/QUOTE]

It's asked with every game on the list. Yes, online you can still order it and get the 1000 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back