Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='StryderOmega']It normally applies to Collector's Editions as well. Just check with the gaming rep just in case.[/QUOTE]

They might have changed it. If you clicked on the games on the list from the Offers page, they would link you to the list of the games (example: If you clicked on RE6, it would redirect you to a list with RE6 and RE Anthology/Archives.) but none of the new games are showing their collectors editions just the standard.

Lemme know when pc qualifies, I just want Bioshock: Infinite, Crysis 3, and Farcry 3 on PC rest ill get for console.

Hmm I might do this with GTA5 but there's probably a GOTY on the horizon. Last Of Us is a nice incentive. If BB can get Ni No Kuni on this list I can cancel my Newegg preorder.

Definitely getting: Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us
Probably getting: GTAV, Tomb Raider
Might get: South Park
After seeing them on here, I'm starting to ponder: Injustice, Riptide (with it being only $49.99).

A lot will depend on their TiVs and what kind of price matches are available at the time.

Definitely interested in a lot of these games but will wait to preorder any of them in case there's special promotions like free Steelbooks or copies of @gamer.

[quote name='fmwross2']Definitely getting: Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us
Probably getting: GTAV, Tomb Raider
Might get: South Park
After seeing them on here, I'm starting to ponder: Injustice, Riptide (with it being only $49.99).

A lot will depend on their TiVs and what kind of price matches are available at the time.[/QUOTE]

I might preorder Riptide if my BB still has the steelbook. If not, I will stick to my preorder on NewEgg.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I might preorder Riptide if my BB still has the steelbook. If not, I will stick to my preorder on NewEgg.[/QUOTE]
You can preorder online and the steelbook will ship with it...I don't see how that's any different.

Do I have to do anything special or just preorder the game? (I am GCU)

Also, do the rewards just go to your email? Do they come the day you pick your game up?

Holy shit! I'm loving BB so much right now. I'll be getting Bioshock,Tomb Raider,GTA V,Metal Gear,and Dead Space for sure. I might also pick up Gears of War. If I end up buying a PS3 I'll probably end up getting them all. To bad DMC isn't on that list.

Oh shit...just realized Splinter Cell was on the list,I'll be getting that as well.

I only want the Last of Us and maybe Gears of War Judgment, but for the others I want - I want them for PC. BBY needs to start showing some love for PC versions on these deals.

if I already preordered riptide before the promotion will it still count? I'm sure it should.. but knowing bestbuy i'm sure there will be some glitch

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Yup. I just got $22 for the BBY AC3 DLC. $15 after $5 shipping for the steel book (only sold it because its a single disc SB for a double disc game). And the midnight release coin for $48 (after $1.98 shipping).

So after fees my preorder bonuses netted me $70+.

Before saying DLC isn't always like this, there has only been 1 game where my DLC didn't net me more than $10 and that was Rage. Heck my mech Baird code for Gears 3 sold for $48 by itself. I've sold so many yet am still amazed at how (for lack of a better word) stupid people are with their money.

$22 for an AC3 item and a 15 minute mission. At least with a coin I could justify them "collecting" gaming memorabilia like Baseball cards. But $20+ for a skin and 15 minutes of gameplay when the game itself costs $60 is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I suppose I should start caring about the pre-order bonuses which I usually ignore because I have no interest in them. Still haven't got my code from BB for AC3 though. Have to look into that soon.

Anyway, I'll probably get a few of these games from BB and a few from Newegg. The few dollars savings that BB offers over Newegg per game is almost negated by having the game delivered and not having to spend time or gas picking it up.

[quote name='Killbomb'] Anyway, I'll probably get a few of these games from BB and a few from Newegg. The few dollars savings that BB offers over Newegg per game is almost negated by having the game delivered and not having to spend time or gas picking it up.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has been offering free shipping as well.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Yup. I just got $22 for the BBY AC3 DLC. $15 after $5 shipping for the steel book (only sold it because its a single disc SB for a double disc game). And the midnight release coin for $48 (after $1.98 shipping).

Before saying DLC isn't always like this, there has only been 1 game where my DLC didn't net me more than $10 and that was Rage. Heck my mech Baird code for Gears 3 sold for $48 by itself. I've sold so many yet am still amazed at how (for lack of a better word) stupid people are with their money.

$22 for an AC3 item and a 15 minute mission. At least with a coin I could justify them "collecting" gaming memorabilia like Baseball cards. But $20+ for a skin and 15 minutes of gameplay when the game itself costs $60 is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Just be careful.. I was making mad money selling dlc codes on eBay but it is against their copyright rules to sell them. Even if you write it's a physical item and it will be shipped you can still be reported. I was selling dlc for $20-$30 each. I even sold stan lee amazing spiderman dlc for $60, but i got reported twice. Now my eBay standing is "low" for having 2 of the same violation. I'm afraid what will happen if I'm reported a third time so I havent sold any. My warnings will reset after 3 months, which sucks because I have to wait until after the holidays. I have all my dlc for sale on this site now because I don't know where else to sell them.

I have a feeling that dlc sells for so much on eBay because a lot of people get reported for it so there isn't as much competition. Yes there is a lot of dlc on there but that doesn't mean it's allowed.. They just haven't been reported yet. Just go to any dlc listing and report it and it will be gone within 24 hours

Crap I am still sitting on the RE6, and Dishonored DLC's bonuses plus the AC3 DLC and Steelbook. I just really hate E-bay and all their dam fees.

[quote name='ithebigc']You can preorder online and the steelbook will ship with it...I don't see how that's any different.[/QUOTE]

Well considering NewEgg $12 off promo, no tax, and free ship pretty much can only be outweighed by a free steel book with preorder and seeing how ordering online doesn't guarantee the steel book... Yeah I rather have it in possession when I do it.

(I have 8% tax so NewEgg does save me some money.)

I'm seriously curious about what the prospects of best buy even being around by 3rd quarter next year. It just feels eerily like a Circuit City remix these days. As silly as it sounds its one of the primary reasons I haven't joined Unlocked at this point. Not sure I'd get a full year of the subscription.

[quote name='donbaloo']I'm seriously curious about what the prospects of best buy even being around by 3rd quarter next year. It just feels eerily like a Circuit City remix these days. As silly as it sounds its one of the primary reasons I haven't joined Unlocked at this point. Not sure I'd get a full year of the subscription.[/QUOTE]

Your subscription would be paid for with the savings you would get with the first issue's coupons. If not that, then by the $20 GCs from preordering any of the games listed in the OP.

Seriously, if you live even remotely close to a Best Buy (to use the coupons) and are an avid gamer, there is no reason not to join GCU.

Reward certs still lower the price of the item (making PMs harder) don't they? Are you guys banking the reward points and just paying the $60 up front on all games? I don't really buy anything at BB other than games, so banking them and not rolling them onto the next game doesn't work. Still, it's $20 credit though, so that's cool.

Could possibly be buying six of those games. GOW Judgment, GOW Ascension, GTA V, Tomb Raider, SC Blacklist and The Last Of Us. Six games and get back $120 works for me.

I love best buy, but i wish they would start posting the points a lot faster. Sucks that you have to wait a full month.

[quote name='Jay197']I love best buy, but i wish they would start posting the points a lot faster. Sucks that you have to wait a full month.[/QUOTE]

If you're Silver it seems like they post within two weeks or less now.

[quote name='bojay1997']If you're Silver it seems like they post within two weeks or less now.[/QUOTE]

Yea but the only thing I buy at BB is video games so $2500 is a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
This list looks great! Do they have these constantly? I'm definitely going to pre-order Bioshock, Crysis, Riptide, Dead Space, Gears of War, Injustice, The Last of Us, and Splintercell Black List. I might pre-orger GTA V or I might just pre-order all of them.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Why no Wii U love Best Buy? I know Injustice is coming out for the Wii U also, but the promotion only lists 360 and PS3.[/QUOTE]

Check the link again. It brings up the Wii U version of Injustice. If any of the other titles have a Wii U version available when the 360 and PS3 version release, they'll be included as well.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']This made the decision to get the Premium Bioshock Infinite and Collectors God of War much easier.[/QUOTE]

Are they even going to carry GOW Collector's? It's not listed anywhere.

[quote name='Jay197']I love best buy, but i wish they would start posting the points a lot faster. Sucks that you have to wait a full month.[/QUOTE]

They do this to reduce fraud of just returning the game. Think it was coincidence that the points post right after the return window?

It's easy to ban an RZ account, but the person can just open another. Granted they are relooking into it as now you must purchase a $15 membership to get the deals.

If that was that obvious and you knew then I feel like an idiot for even saying it. The silver members have 2 things as to why they post faster.

1) most people that spend 2500+ don't want their account closed for a free $20

2) their return window is 60 days. So I don't think BBY wants to make being a silver member a bad thing by not issuing the points until the return window ends.

[quote name='bojay1997']Are they even going to carry GOW Collector's? It's not listed anywhere.[/QUOTE]

You are correct that it's not on the site, but I'm being hopeful that they add it.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']They do this to reduce fraud of just returning the game. Think it was coincidence that the points post right after the return window?

It's easy to ban an RZ account, but the person can just open another. Granted they are relooking into it as now you must purchase a $15 membership to get the deals.

If that was that obvious and you knew then I feel like an idiot for even saying it. The silver members have 2 things as to why they post faster.

1) most people that spend 2500+ don't want their account closed for a free $20

2) their return window is 60 days. So I don't think BBY wants to make being a silver member a bad thing by not issuing the points until the return window ends.[/QUOTE]

Bingo- since silver can abuse the program at 35 days in making it 2 weeks is a nice convenience

To those who are going to pre order or are on the fence about Crysis 3, first run copies are going to have the first Crysis as a digital download.

[quote name='ReachforMars']To those who are going to pre order or are on the fence about Crysis 3, first run copies are going to have the first Crysis as a digital download.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I might get this then since I bought crisis 2 during the summer gaming blowout.

[quote name='ReachforMars']To those who are going to pre order or are on the fence about Crysis 3, every copy is going to have the first Crysis as a digital download.[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you.

best buy screwed up on my AC3 preorder transaction, as expected. The bonus 1000 pts preorder is not listed under my account and the code didn't print on my receipt.

[quote name='Romeo']Fixed that for you.

best buy screwed up on my AC3 preorder transaction, as expected. The bonus 1000 pts preorder is not listed under my account and the code didn't print on my receipt.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify for others.

What he is talking about is 2 separate issues. You can have the DLC not print and be for with the 1000 points and vice versa.

The code is because the employee didn't add the sku for the preorder code to the transaction.

The 1000 points (if it is an issue), would probably be due to the employee not exchanging the preorder to the purchase of the game properly.

Just clarifying because I am seeing a bunch of people "worried" about the 1000 points not posting in 2 days because they didn't get their preorder code. They seem to think its linked.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in for GTA 5, The Last of Us and the South Park game. Those were all pretty much day one for me anyways.

So far:

Bioshock
Dead Space 3
God of War
Last of Us
Metal Gear: Revengance.

I kinda want Gears and South Park, but I'm wafting on them.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']if I already preordered riptide before the promotion will it still count? I'm sure it should.. but knowing bestbuy i'm sure there will be some glitch[/QUOTE]

Yes. You are good to go. System will be tracking existing preorders taken on the old system and those taken via the new system.

[quote name='dc delta90']Yes. You are good to go. System will be tracking existing preorders taken on the old system and those taken via the new system.[/QUOTE]

When will they be using this "new system" and how will it be better then the old system?

[quote name='Romeo']Fixed that for you.

best buy screwed up on my AC3 preorder transaction, as expected. The bonus 1000 pts preorder is not listed under my account and the code didn't print on my receipt.[/QUOTE]Does the receipt detailing your pickup say "Return" or "Exchange" at the top (in all-caps)? If the former, then yes, they messed up and you'll have to contact someone to get your points. If the latter, then you just have to be patient and wait for the points to appear.

I picked up my copy two days ago, the receipt says "Exchange" at the top, and the purchase hasn't appeared in my RZ account yet, but that doesn't mean the points won't clear. Just give it a little time.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']This made the decision to get the Premium Bioshock Infinite and Collectors God of War much easier.[/QUOTE]

The link for Bioshock only goes to the regular 360/PS3 versions. Anyone know if the Premium/Songbird and PC versions are included?

Ah, really hoping that I get my reward zone certs before halo comes out. Has anyone else gotten theres from a Dishonored pre-order?

[quote name='Guest1321']Ah, really hoping that I get my reward zone certs before halo comes out. Has anyone else gotten theres from a Dishonored pre-order?[/QUOTE]
I just got mines like an hour ago. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back