Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like I'll be signing up soon. Bioshock, Last of Us and GTAV are all first days. Prob get Tomb Raider and Dead Space 3 too.

I am just wondering if this program is worth it?

I never got into that mag that Gamestop did and felt it was a waste....... Should I even bother with this even though I have no interest in the mag?

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am just wondering if this program is worth it?

I never got into that mag that Gamestop did and felt it was a waste....... Should I even bother with this even though I have no interest in the mag?[/QUOTE]

The biggest difference is the @gamer mag has coupons every month that have provided other great deals. Definitely worth every penny.

I never got into that mag that Gamestop did and felt it was a waste....... Should I even bother with this even though I have no interest in the mag?[/QUOTE]

It is way better than Gamestops magazine because it has (usually) great coupons. Plus there are other GCU exclusive coupons through reward zone. And obviously the $20 GCs are awesome.

It costs $15 for year so if you just preorder one game and get $20 rz cert already made your money back. People like to complain about the magazine and lack of deals lately, but I just see them as a bonus. Not to mention the extra 10% for trade ins

The mag has a set of coupons every month. If you use one ever, you probably just paid for the magazine there. These $20 RZ certs are icing on the cake at that point. I have both subs but my GS one is damn near worthless. I only get it to read it on the can. The BB one, and it's club, is far superior. It has all the same (10% bonuses and a bonus on points for gaming items) but has far more to it as well.

Definitely worth $15.

New to price matching, can i just show my preorder email confirmation from NewEgg and have Best Buy PM it or do I need to show something else?

Probably buying at least 7 of those, providing I actually buy an xbox again. A 20 certificate and free steel case are great incentives on a $50 game.

[quote name='kingofk1ngs']New to price matching, can i just show my preorder email confirmation from NewEgg and have Best Buy PM it or do I need to show something else?[/QUOTE]

Good luck getting BB to PM a pre-order.

well GTA V definitly, maybe gears judgement, and maybe another title or 2... but the only Yes right now is GTA... short money and might actually wait for other titles to drop real low.

[quote name='kingofk1ngs']New to price matching, can i just show my preorder email confirmation from NewEgg and have Best Buy PM it or do I need to show something else?[/QUOTE]

In order to have a valid PM, the game has to be in stock and ready to ship/purchase.

Preorders aren't in stock and/or available for purchase so you can't PM.

But as I always say it never hurts to ask to see if you can get an exception.

Hahah it's not even close. Best Buy is way better than Gamestop when it comes to overall deals.

I went to pre-order GTA V. I got the poster, but instead of some key chain, they gave me this lanyard advertising "Pre-order now and get an exclusive poster and photo viewfinder."

[quote name='KENFL0']When will they be using this "new system" and how will it be better then the old system?[/QUOTE]

New system is in place right now and is the one that will be used for all titles except: Halo 4, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Hitman Absolution and Far Cry 3. All other titles are now on the new system.

Why it is better:
1. You can put down as much as you want on your preorder up to the full amount with tax, with the minimum amount being $5. Need to do this in one transaction. If you want to "add" to your deposit, you'll need to go in and cancel your existing preorder and then place another preorder with the higher deposit. Today a single $5 deposit is your only option for in store preorders.
2. This gets rid of the whole return/exchange issue that really causes issues particularly with the $20 RZ cert promotions. You place your deposit in the system and then when you come to pick it up, the redemption/purchase also happens in the preorder system. Don't need to return the preorder sku and then buy the actual for sale sku.
3. Relative to #2, you won't need a manager override to return a preorder sku anymore. You almost always place preorders more than 30 days out (normal return period) so that caused issues. No longer.

[quote name='dc delta90']New system is in place right now and is the one that will be used for all titles except: Halo 4, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Hitman Absolution and Far Cry 3. All other titles are now on the new system.

Why it is better:
1. You can put down as much as you want on your preorder up to the full amount with tax, with the minimum amount being $5. Need to do this in one transaction. If you want to "add" to your deposit, you'll need to go in and cancel your existing preorder and then place another preorder with the higher deposit. Today a single $5 deposit is your only option for in store preorders.
2. This gets rid of the whole return/exchange issue that really causes issues particularly with the $20 RZ cert promotions. You place your deposit in the system and then when you come to pick it up, the redemption/purchase also happens in the preorder system. Don't need to return the preorder sku and then buy the actual for sale sku.
3. Relative to #2, you won't need a manager override to return a preorder sku anymore. You almost always place preorders more than 30 days out (normal return period) so that caused issues. No longer.[/QUOTE]Sorry to ask again about this new system, but do I have this right:

I plan on preordering CoD: BO2 and GTA V tonight, but I should preorder them in separate transactions since the former is on the old system and the latter is on the new system. Also, I can put down more than $5 on GTA V if I desire, but the same does not apply to CoD: BO2.

[quote name='Vigilante']Sorry to ask again about this new system, but do I have this right:

I plan on preordering CoD: BO2 and GTA V tonight, but I should preorder them in separate transactions since the former is on the old system and the latter is on the new system. Also, I can put down more than $5 on GTA V if I desire, but the same does not apply to CoD: BO2.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. COD is in the old system, can only put $5 down in store. GTA is in the new system, you can put up to the full estimated amount of the game plus tax down on that.

And yes, they are separate transactions. And as always good, to make sure the store employee gets your RZ number on ALL transactions.

Are you hitting a Halo 4 midnight opening event tonight?

[quote name='dc delta90']You are correct. COD is in the old system, can only put $5 down in store. GTA is in the new system, you can put up to the full estimated amount of the game plus tax down on that.

And yes, they are separate transactions. And as always good, to make sure the store employee gets your RZ number on ALL transactions.

Are you hitting a Halo 4 midnight opening event tonight?[/QUOTE]Nah, I'm stopping by my local store on the way home since it's convenient; I'm also going to see if they have any GTA V posters and/or photo viewers--hopefully one of the gaming employees who knows me can hook me up (they're also good with getting my RZ number). :D

I might consider going to midnight releases if my store was closer, but alas, I'll have to suffer waiting until Wednesdays to pick up new releases. :booty:

Thanks for clarifying that.

So South park has been pushed to between April 2013 and March 2014. Good chance this game won't release this spring.

Jim Reilly ‏@jimreilly
South Park is now sometime between April 2013-March 2014 and Company of Heroes 2 and Metro: Last Light are both in March.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So South park has been pushed to between April 2013 and March 2014. Good chance this game won't release this spring.

Jim Reilly ‏@jimreilly
South Park is now sometime between April 2013-March 2014 and Company of Heroes 2 and Metro: Last Light are both in March.[/QUOTE]

Something tells me that game isn't going to live up to the hype (if any). It's a shame because I was looking forward to it when they first announced it

[quote name='cancerman1120']So South park has been pushed to between April 2013 and March 2014. Good chance this game won't release this spring.

Jim Reilly ‏@jimreilly
South Park is now sometime between April 2013-March 2014 and Company of Heroes 2 and Metro: Last Light are both in March.[/QUOTE]

Bummer. I was really looking forward to it.

[quote name='advanced']Bummer. I was really looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

Hold tight. Seems unlikely that this would delay out beyond this spring. Respect my authoritay on this. :)

I'm actually happy about the South Park delay, there are a ton of games on this list that I want to play and they are all in a six week window basically, so having some pushed back is perfect.

Would have rather had something besides GTA V or SP delayed, but can't say that my wallet is upset at the 2014 delay. As a fan of South Park though and someone who was hoping the game would be great, such a lengthy delay is not super encouraging, but hopefully the time is used to fix whatever problems they have encountered.

That said, I am guessing it won't be a part of this promo any more, huh?

Looking like GTA V is the only sure thing for me. Interested in God of War, Last of Us, Bioshock, and MGS but they all seem like things I would finish and immediately trade in during a 50% or 100% promo. Not really sure yet, but definitely GTA V from BB.

[quote name='dc delta90']You are correct. COD is in the old system, can only put $5 down in store. GTA is in the new system, you can put up to the full estimated amount of the game plus tax down on that.

Are you hitting a Halo 4 midnight opening event tonight?[/QUOTE]

2 questions:

1. Any truth to the Halo Dog tags for midnight openings?

2. Will the new preorder system help ring up purchases in full before midnight releases? Best Buy still takes too long ringing everybody up at 12:01am. It's nicer at Gamestop that they ring you up before midnight and hand out everybody's games at 12:01 so that the line is completely gone by 12:05am.

[quote name='Donut2922']2 questions:

2. Will the new preorder system help ring up purchases in full before midnight releases? Best Buy still takes too long ringing everybody up at 12:01am. It's nicer at Gamestop that they ring you up before midnight and hand out everybody's games at 12:01 so that the line is completely gone by 12:05am.[/QUOTE]

1) my local store had a bag of them. I assume it will be like the AC3 coins in that some will have them some won't

2) this depends on your local store. My local store actually "pre-sells" the game to you and hands it to you, but no one is let out until after midnight. Each store can deal with it as they choose.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']1) my local store had a bag of them. I assume it will be like the AC3 coins in that some will have them some won't

2) this depends on your local store. My local store actually "pre-sells" the game to you and hands it to you, but no one is let out until after midnight. Each store can deal with it as they choose.[/QUOTE]

If it wasn't for AMEX, I wouldn't care for Halo 4 as much so if I'm picking up a copy I might as well max out on the swag thanks, Jimmie.

Did your store seem to have a ton of dog tags? I'd rather avoid the midnight rush if possible and get my swag tomorrow.

Jim Reilly ‏@jimreilly
Incorrect. FISCAL 2014 was the announcement. It is (tentatively) set for May 2013.

[quote name='Donut2922']If it wasn't for AMEX, I wouldn't care for Halo 4 as much so if I'm picking up a copy I might as well max out on the swag thanks, Jimmie.

Did your store seem to have a ton of dog tags? I'd rather avoid the midnight rush if possible and get my swag tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I would say 20-30 tags.

Very very happy they are continuing this! This + GCU + a silver premier account is one awesome combination!

[quote name='jamesdevil']Incorrect. FISCAL 2014 was the announcement. It is (tentatively) set for May 2013.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what was incorrect. Fiscal 2014 IS April 2013 to March 2014. It was "tentatively" set for March 2013 so May is just a placeholder also. Not sure why you felt the need to correct me with basically the same info.

[quote name='Donut2922']2 questions:

2. Will the new preorder system help ring up purchases in full before midnight releases? Best Buy still takes too long ringing everybody up at 12:01am. It's nicer at Gamestop that they ring you up before midnight and hand out everybody's games at 12:01 so that the line is completely gone by 12:05am.[/QUOTE]

Looks like your dog tag question was already answered. As for ringing up before midnight, that is an option on just about every new release where a midnight opening event is held. Stores can prering just like at Gamestop. Not sure why your store didn't take advantage of that option.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Would have rather had something besides GTA V or SP delayed, but can't say that my wallet is upset at the 2014 delay. As a fan of South Park though and someone who was hoping the game would be great, such a lengthy delay is not super encouraging, but hopefully the time is used to fix whatever problems they have encountered.

That said, I am guessing it won't be a part of this promo any more, huh?

Looking like GTA V is the only sure thing for me. Interested in God of War, Last of Us, Bioshock, and MGS but they all seem like things I would finish and immediately trade in during a 50% or 100% promo. Not really sure yet, but definitely GTA V from BB.[/QUOTE]

South Park will remain in the promotion regardless of release date. It's going to be worth the wait. And it seems unliklely this will delay beyond this year.

You are on to something on the playing and trading in thing. You should be able to basically play for free or close to free with this deal and the trade-in bonuses and values on recent releases.

My Halo 4 preorder receipt faded so much it was useless (which has happened to me before) and I couldn't find it in the online system despite being positive I had it preordered. So I went into the store and they couldn't find it either. After about 15min and my almost 2yr old and almost 3yr old started to get unruly, the manage (cool guy, he knows I come in all the time and he's a gamer himself) finally just cut me a $20gc instead of the RZC and took $5 off my purchase for what I had paid in the preorder. Very cool!

Best Buy just keeps the RZ promo train going. Glad to see it as I've spent tons more this year than I have at Amazon and Gamestop. Bravo Best Buy.

Can this be shared? Say I pre-order a game and my bro pre-orders the same game with my account? He lives in a different city though.

[quote name='OGHowie']Can this be shared? Say I pre-order a game and my bro pre-orders the same game with my account? He lives in a different city though.[/QUOTE]

no you'll only get one cert per game

Going to wait for another Newegg coupon code so I can readjust my order/s, cancel some, and hop on this coupon train. Savings aren't going to be that huge technically, counting the taxes ($60+ tax - $20 cert against $48 flat), but every penny counts :)

[quote name='JohnWayne']Is the bioshock infinite songbird edition still available for preorder at best buy?[/QUOTE]

Why not just check? It is available though.

What games have/will have pre-order in-store bonuses for them? Should I pre-order now, or do I forfeit those items if they show up at a later date?

Also, if I pre-order the same game on separate consoles, do I get the bonus points for each purchase...Or only the first?

Unless there are some awesome pre-order bonuses, I think I'm going to keep my $45 Newegg pre-orders on some of these titles. I've been diappointed on not being able to price match Boderlands 2, XCOM, or Dishonored so far from anywhere. I don't consider the $20 in RZ certificates $20 off either.

[quote name='thehoweller']Why not just check? It is available though.

What games have/will have pre-order in-store bonuses for them? Should I pre-order now, or do I forfeit those items if they show up at a later date?

Also, if I pre-order the same game on separate consoles, do I get the bonus points for each purchase...Or only the first?[/QUOTE]

Only one certificate per title. So only on the first.

The games I want on this offer aren't very spread out like this fall so I don't know what I'll be getting. This fall was sweet because most games were a month apart so I could use a cert on the following game, and was usually done with the previous game at that point so I would trade it in with all the bonuses they were having. Essentially it was like getting a free game a month. This current offer I would actually have to buy some with real money (God no, not that) so I think some of these are going to just be rentals.

Was looking at Last of Us, Stick of Truth, Splinter Cell, Bioshock, and Riptide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back